Naismith not happy!

PB21

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Never have never will make any comparisons between heart and hibs! They're inferior to us in every way but the fact remains 2pts out of 9 against livvy is totally unacceptable, our budget is about 5 times there's to start with and they can only dream of having players like ours , any team can have an off night but 3 league games against them and not scored a single goal 

You just as angry about us getting 3/6 from celtic. 

This budget argument is waring thin, over the course of the season it should matter but on an individual game bases teams with lower budgets will beat teams with higher ones. 

If not, you'd just do the league table before a ball is kicked and not bother playing. 

We have beaten celtic with ten times ours and I Expect us to take something of them again at Tynecastle. 

This " hissy fit" folk have on a game to game baseds and then refer to the budget are imo really thick. 

Football isn't based on the money spent, particularly on a game v game base. 

The league table is an indicator and we are well clear of livi and also put them out the cup. 

The meltdown on a game to game basis and we have more money so should beat them argument is showing allot of posters up. 

Livingston defended well, we never got through. We go again, 3rd in the league and a sc is the prize. 

Aye fear second has slipped away. 

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Beast Boy

• innerjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hearts supporters prefer to moan and bitch. 

They don't want humour or banter in the stands, they just want a good grizzle. 

There's a large amount going into games already on the moan, it's been the same for years. I genuinely sit in my seat listening to the whining and gum bumping wondering why these torn pussed arseholes even bother going. 

See, I reckon it's a lifestyle choice though, it's the same with the moaning on here, it's just how some people are. Sadly Edinburghs percentage all turn up at Tynecastle on a regular basis.

It will never change.

Thought Police

There’s a guy behind me who you never hear a peep from when we’re playing well, but seems to revel in his anger when we’re struggling.

Hearts fans need to realise the adverse effect it has on the team, and sometimes it takes longer than 20 minutes to break a team down

31 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Genuine question - will the people that moan and boo renew their season ticket next season?

Will Budge get her same numbers as last season?

Will she boot out the gaffer if numbers appear to drop again?

Are those not questions for the end of the season? Doubt you will get any meaningful or true answers to those questions in February. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

There’s a guy behind me who you never hear a peep from when we’re playing well, but seems to revel in his anger when we’re struggling.

Hearts fans need to realise the adverse effect it has on the team, and sometimes it takes longer than 20 minutes to break a team down

Wonder what his Kickback username is?

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

This budget argument is waring thin, over the course of the season it should matter but on an individual game bases teams with lower budgets will beat teams with higher ones. 

If not, you'd just do the league table before a ball is kicked and not bother playing. 

We have beaten celtic with ten times ours and I Expect us to take something of them again at Tynecastle. 

This " hissy fit" folk have on a game to game baseds and then refer to the budget are imo really thick. 

The league table is an indicator and we are well clear of livi and also put them out the cup. 

The meltdown on a game to game basis and we have more money so should beat them argument is showing allot of posters up. 

Livingston defended well, we never got through. We go again, 3rd in the league and a sc is the prize. 

I'm not one of the negative ones usually but last night was absolute dross in my opinion ! Your individual match case goes out the window as far as livvy goes though,  3 games 2pts out of 9 and zero goals scored

One possible reason that Naismith might not sign a contract might be that  he thinks playing in a Levein team is a waste of his time.

Do you honestly think that the team was put out last night would make Naismith a happy chap.

Playing up top on his own at home against Livi and getting high punts in his direction was farcical.

He is not a stupid guy and he will have major doubts about the tactics, teams and subs that Levein persists with and might want to be off to pastures new and not actually due to money. length of contract etc.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

They do realise. They just don't care. 

I can't imagine paying £400-£500 to spend your Saturday in a constant state of stress and anger and as some do continue that over the week on here. 

Baffles me. 

pettigrewsstylist

Noticed he had a little nibble at wheatfield crowd on way off at HT. Looked like he was suggesting support could be more wholesome, so not surprised to see thoughts in the article. 

Main reason for dropping points tho was no game changers to outhink or stretch well organised Livi defence IMO. Watching Lee, Djoum and Mulraney last night was like slo-mo. To be fair all 3 showed ability and repeated desire to turn and get forwar, whithout recklessley losing posssion, but it was way too slow to stretch and create the space for Naismith, Clare, Uche to exploit and settle the match. Lots of effort, lack of creativity and guile. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

One possible reason that Naismith might not sign a contract might be that  he thinks playing in a Levein team is a waste of his time.

Do you honestly think that the team was put out last night would make Naismith a happy chap.

Playing up top on his own at home against Livi and getting high punts in his direction was farcical.

He is not a stupid guy and he will have major doubts about the tactics, teams and subs that Levein persists with and might want to be off to pastures new and not actually due to money. length of contract etc.

What a load of pish. 

Like any player, he'll want to know our future plans, but that's normal. 

What you've just said is nothing better than dinner lady gossip. 

If he does not sign it will be for a better opportunity or far more money. 

Nothing to do with your rant. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

They do realise. They just don't care. 

I can't imagine paying £400-£500 to spend your Saturday in a constant state of stress and anger and as some do continue that over the week on here. 

Baffles me. 

Baffles me too.

For that money I'd expect to spend a few Wednesday evenings and Sunday afternoons in a state of stress and anger too.

All day this. I've fallen out with folks sat around me around this. My biggest irritation is folks that moan or shout at our team for keeping possession passing backward and sideways, then moan and shout when the balls is punted up field and lost.

There's a lot to football but I thought one simple philosophy in the modern game was that teams are generally organised. This means unless you have Messi to tear right through them, you need to circulate (sometimes patiently) the ball around to make the space and create opportunity. Sometimes this requires going backwards and sideways, sometimes even a direct ball.

Happy to be told if I'm the ignorant one on this point.

Edited by sicknote

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Some people seem to genuinely think we failed to win last night because of the fans. :lol:

It would appear so.

I'd argue that that level of deflection/delusion is bordering on mental illness.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Baffles me too.

For that money I'd expect to spend a few Wednesday evenings and Sunday afternoons in a state of stress and anger too.

Maybe a Tuesday or a Friday pm as well. 

Maybe even a Tues/ wed afternoon next week. ?

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Says the Kickback oracle.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Says the Kickback oracle.

Kickback philosophiser or happy clapper if you will. Hun hater is also acceptable given previous debates. 

55 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

All we are saying

Is give us a goal 

And, as if by magic,  Busby,,Prentice and Aird were signed to help Fordy oot..

15 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Some people seem to genuinely think we failed to win last night because of the fans. :lol:

Stops then having to look at the real problem.

25 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

This despite the fact that in almost every interview he stresses how much he admires Levein?

The people who boo and moan would never have followed the. Club in the late 70s early 80s they have had it good even when the bad time after we beat h1b5 in the cup final 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, j1964m said:

The people who boo and moan would never have followed the. Club in the late 70s early 80s they have had it good even when the bad time after we beat h1b5 in the cup final 

I'm having moan last night and today because was dreadful bit I've never booed hearts nor ever will and followed hearts home n away since late 70's

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

There's a large amount going into games already on the moan, it's been the same for years. I genuinely sit in my seat listening to the whining and gum bumping wondering why these torn pussed arseholes even bother going. 

See, I reckon it's a lifestyle choice though, it's the same with the moaning on here, it's just how some people are. Sadly Edinburghs percentage all turn up at Tynecastle on a regular basis.

It will never change.

:spoton:

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Wonder what his Kickback username is?

:sweeet:

Big Slim Stylee
7 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

For a number of reasons set out in this thread, this is keeping me away from Tynecastle. Tynecastle can be like a library a lot of the time and it is hard to get excited by the style and product on the park.  As and when, we decide to play a more up tempo game that gets me off my seat, I will spend my money elsewhere.

You’ll be  no great loss to those around you as you’d just be there moaning like feck the whole time ?

The Bookkeeper

Very few of the squad would dare say anything about the fans reaction to another abysmal performance. Why? Well thats simple, because they aren't very good and continually produce sub par efforts. They would look extremely stupid out with such a stance. Naismith has carried most of them and indeed Levein all season, the stats speak volumes for that so he has every right to make comment if he sees fit. It is obvious to me that this is just his overall frustration at the way we are playing in general and its not good news if we are looking to retain him for next season. 

2 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

It will never change.

As much as I would like to disagree with this, I think you're right. The constant moaning of supporters around our STs in the Roseburn and then Gorgie in the late 90s, played a big part in my dad giving up his ST. 

Tbf, it was maybe less of the general criticisms but the same old faces who have the exact same irrational complaints every week. I remember there was two auld boys in front of us, one of them hated Salvatori with a passion and other hated Fulton. It became almost comical, I think one guy told them both to shut up one game - they missed the next one but were at it again a couple weeks later. 

During Neil McCann's second stint at the club, me and my brother sad next to his arch nemesis in Section P. He would just give out a long, frustrated "MccccCAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!" about 5 times a game, normally with some prefix '**** sake...', 'what the **** was that...'. Nobody would pick him up on it and the majority were probably justified, until he did when he wasn't on the park and in fact sitting in the stand about 25ft from him. Promptly shut up for the rest of the season once it was pointed out. 

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I agree with you. Wasn’t just a case of two dropped points last night it was the dreadful clueless performance with the exception of a spell in the first half.

A brilliant 3 points at Killie despite a pretty poor performance,  2 similar performances against Dundee and Livvy and a win against a @@@@ poor St Johnstone team is not impressive.

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

What a load of pish. 

Well let's put it this way it was not just the fans he was angry with last night. Sure you will be able to work out who else he was pissed off with. Fact. 

siegementality
8 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

For a number of reasons set out in this thread, this is keeping me away from Tynecastle. Tynecastle can be like a library a lot of the time and it is hard to get excited by the style and product on the park.  As and when, we decide to play a more up tempo game that gets me off my seat, I will spend my money elsewhere.

I think the reducing attendance numbers will show there are a few people who think similarly. It’s been a grind for a while.

31 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Well let's put it this way it was not just the fans he was angry with last night. Sure you will be able to work out who else he was pissed off with. Fact. 

Hope it's himself he's pissed off with after his performance last night.

I remember years ago I was at Tynecastle. The exact game escapes me now but we lost. Not a memorable game.

But it was that night i truly fell in love with hearts because i walked away from that game not with a memory of the match but of the fans. I believed from that moment onward that hearts fans were the best in the world and i would always want to be part of that.

The reason for that was when we went one nil down there was of course the immediate reaction all around of "AW FFS" but within 10 seconds there would have been at least 20 fans bouncing to their feet around me screaming the team on and it created a chain reaction that got the whole crowd behind the team trying to lift the boys on the park. An absolute refusal to lie down and accept defeat. The hearts song was belted from all corners and we made more noise than the fans of the team who had just scored.

On that night a never say die attitude that didn't manifest itself as bile flung at players who were perhaps failing to perform but in solidarity, players and fans trying to drive each other on.

Can't have been long after that i was at Hampden watching that team lift the scottish cup. 

I'll always remember that crowd reaction. Sadly I don't see the same thing today. It has become more of a custom to verbally abuse any player who is having an off day. We barely treat them like humans now. More like robots who are just assumed to turn up and perform as if programmed. Sad really.

Walter Payton
2 hours ago, sicknote said:

All day this. I've fallen out with folks sat around me around this. My biggest irritation is folks that moan or shout at our team for keeping possession passing backward and sideways, then moan and shout when the balls is punted up field and lost.

There's a lot to football but I thought one simple philosophy in the modern game was that teams are generally organised. This means unless you have Messi to tear right through them, you need to circulate (sometimes patiently) the ball around to make the space and create opportunity. Sometimes this requires going backwards and sideways, sometimes even a direct ball.

Happy to be told if I'm the ignorant one on this point.

I've got no problem with retaining possession- if the opposition don't have the ball, they can't score. That doesn't mean that it's always acceptable to pass the ball backwards with no questions to be asked though! 

We took a free kick last night around halfway into the Livi half. There's a time and place for taking a quick free kick instead of putting the ball in the box (normally when the defence don't have time to get back and reorganised and you can take advantage of having more players to attack with than they do to defend in an organised fashion), however this time the ball went 3 yards sideways before 3 consecutive negative passes back to the keeper, who then hit a long ball that their centre backs dealt with easily.  

Moving the ball sideways is fine if you're changing the angle of attack to catch the defence out, or simply moving the ball into a less congested area of the pitch. The question is though, are we operating with a plan for what to do when the ball gets there? It often seems like it's a "rinse and repeat". My biggest gripes having watched last night's game (and our midfield in general this season) is that there's either not the off the ball movement from team mates to offer a better ball than the backwards or sideways team that the defence is quite happy for us to have, or our players don't recognise when an opportunity has actually opened up- mentally we're looking for the safe "retention" option before actually spotting a space where the defence can be opened up. In the example I gave in my second paragraph, for 2 of the 3 passes there was absolutely no movement from team mates to show other options for passing the ball, on the other there was an option but it had already been decided without taking a look that the ball was going back. 

American football quarterbacks are trained to quickly (in most cases less than 3 seconds!) scan the field ahead of them on a passing play, identify if the defence has presented any opportunities and then hopefully take them. The best quarterbacks are those that get the optimal balance between recognising and taking open opportunities, while also being able to recognise a pass where the risk of turnover is too high and it's time to take a safe option. Other quarterbacks get pilloried for not recognising situations where they've got open receivers, and for instead taking safe (but ultimately unproductive) options. I feel we could encourage our midfield to think about and learn from this. 

siegementality
2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

What a load of pish. 

No, what you’ve just said is pish. A reason for Naismith not signing could well be the lack of enjoyment when playing in a team with little creativity and for a manager who seems to set his team up negatively. To suggest otherwise shows you have no understanding of what an experienced - and very wealthy - player like Naismith would consider important at this stage of his career.

alwaysthereinspirit

Naismith has been a superb signing for us but he was crap last night too.

We're a fickle bunch and I'm sure he's saw and heard much worse.

He'll get over it. We'll get over it.

4 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Good post, well apart from the highlighted bit.

3 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Naismith has been a superb signing for us but he was crap last night too.

We're a fickle bunch and I'm sure he's saw and heard much worse.

He'll get over it. We'll get over it.

His demeanour indicated to me that he was in a low mood. That was from kick off. He did try but that usual spark was missing. I wonder if he suffers from mood swings. Purely an uneducated guess.

51 minutes ago, siegementality said:

No, what you’ve just said is pish. A reason for Naismith not signing could well be the lack of enjoyment when playing in a team with little creativity and for a manager who seems to set his team up negatively. To suggest otherwise shows you have no understanding of what an experienced - and very wealthy - player like Naismith would consider important at this stage of his career.

Correct

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

What did he say? Can`t see anything in the article. 

Nothing, there's no quotes so it's probably Just the EEN shitstirring as usual

If Naismith didnt sign on and his reason was because of the fans then it would be genuinely laughable. 

Name me another club with fans that have achieved what we have. 

3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Hearts v Livingston was billed as a football match. What we had last night was a lumpball match.

Much like the Superbowl. Hearts Livi for me every time. 

3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

This despite the fact that in almost every interview he stresses how much he admires Levein?

Got to keep your bread buttered in any fraternity. Never know when you might be a bit hungry and in need of a bite from an unlikely source. Enough about me and the ex though. Can't see Naismith staying, but think he'll continue to play his heart out. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Fact. 

????

Livingston are probably the most frustrating side to be an opposing support watching. The are totally and utterly eye bleeding. So its no wonder the groans from the stands got louder as the game wore on. Defensively, they are very competent and I think it became clear to everyone that not getting an early goal was going to make this a very long night. 

I think in the stands we probably do need to temper the frustration but when a side sets out to frustrate you in such a way its quite hard to collectively hold that in. I think Holt knew if he could hold on the pressure from the stands would hinder our players. 

We need more players that have Naismiths attitude tbh. I don't believe the current squad quite have the sort of character that wins you stuff. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, siegementality said:

He wouldn't have sign for us a second time under the same manager. 

So I call complete monkeycockhorsebullshite on it. 

Like any player he'll want to way up our future plans and how it sits with him, ambitions, players etc. 

That is normal. 

Trying to make it personal and say CL will put him off his laughable. 

And horseshite. 

10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

One of them accidentally popped open a bag of Smith's square crisps and spilt the wee blue packet of salt last home game. The noise and mess was just horrendous. Budge has banned them for a few games.

ha ha, 

It should have been ten
7 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

He wouldn't have sign for us a second time under the same manager. 

So I call complete monkeycockhorsebullshite on it. 

Like any player he'll want to way up our future plans and how it sits with him, ambitions, players etc. 

That is normal. 

Trying to make it personal and say CL will put him off his laughable. 

And horseshite. 

Correct ??

17 minutes ago, OTT said:

Livingston are probably the most frustrating side to be an opposing support watching. The are totally and utterly eye bleeding. So its no wonder the groans from the stands got louder as the game wore on. Defensively, they are very competent and I think it became clear to everyone that not getting an early goal was going to make this a very long night. 

You could be describing us.