'Super' Gran

i8hibsh

22 minutes ago, jambocub said:

She's no going to sack him not a chance in hell

4 minutes ago, jambocub said:

You think he'll resign ? 

If he does he'll go back to director of football and still be calling the shots 

You think he'll be here for the rest of his days then?

Yes I think he will resign if we are nowhere near where we need to be.

If I'm wrong and he doesn't then I think Ann will sack him.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Taffin

• Kiwidoug

• i8hibsh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

She might eventually, but I think you're in for a long wait.

I think it more likely that he'll be here until she decides to step down, whenever that may be.

Personally don't think we'll improve greatly until they're both gone.

22 minutes ago, graygo said:

I think even if we finish outside top 4 he'll still be calling the shots at the club football wise

4 hours ago, Barb said:

OP is a bit OTT (as he can be now and then), but find myself agreeing with a lot of what he says.

What worries me is that she's enjoying it too much and it won't take much to persuade her to stay on when / if the Foundation buy out eventually takes place.

OP is correct, the Club is soft as shite.

We were hard as nails in the 70s but were even more rubbish on the park than now.  Why would the Foundation buyout not take place?

6 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Yet another nonsensical OP. Linking AB to that performance is absolutely ridiculous.

As ridiculous as NOT linking the head of an organisation to the performance of an organisation?

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

As ridiculous as NOT linking the head of an organisation to the performance of an organisation?

They're different organisations. I didn't know this either but it was explained to me on the last page ?

2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

FTFY.

Sorry but why have you edited my post to read something different then quoted me using the made up quote? Bit weird.

Ann is clearly not in the dugout but the abject failure on the park stems from the product she has created. Nothing she is doing or has done is making us a better football team. Lockie's wee laddies would destroy Levein's losers, of that I have no doubt.

The second I heard about the investment into the women's game I gave up. I have not been suspended recently I just can't stomach this community centre anymore. Our hard earned money should be nowhere near investing in girls football. Why on earth 'should we' have a ladies team. Sorry ladies but you simply suck at football. I know people like Ann give opportunity to people based solely on what someone is but I am old fashioned and still happen to think it should be about someone's ability and not just because they fit into a certain demographic.

I have no doubt Ann will be workng hard as we speak but I also have no doubt that whatever it is she is working hard on will be for the greater good of herself and almost everything else except that pitch we play on. 

Heart of Midlothian Football Club HMFC

1874 - 2014

Heart of Midlothian Community Centre HMCC

2014 - 

Skippy Doodle
14 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

When she is not fighting heinous crimes like someone swearing whilst sipping a beer she is finding a way to make our club into the biggest shower of powder puff shite Scotland has ever seen.

You can lap up her sanctimonious bullshit all you want, but her fake as ****, Mills and Boon, Enid Blyton, Alice in Wonderland, namby pamby, Cabbage patch Kids, My Little Pony, Sylvanian Families, Impress the world bullshit does not wash with me.

She is turning our club into a community centre and before long the team will be going into the dressing room, paying 10p and calling the boss Brown ****ing Owl.

Make absolute no mistake, it is her desire to turn this football club into a uniform wearing, camp fire burning bunch of sissies who on the rare day we actually may win a game will not get a win bonus but instead will get a brownie badge for the players mums to sew on the strip.

Football and winning is no longer a priority for our club. Being seen to be 'nice' is the way for us. Throw a corrupt as **** 'charity' on our shirts like save the Children and watch us win friends.

She is not our saviour, we are. Those that put money into this now community centre week in week out are. She is not super and she has absolutely no desire to make this club compete as it should.

She seems to want us to be the 'first' in everything apart from winning ****ing football games. Nicey nice pish at every opportunity as long as it makes her look good and virtuous.

I wish her nothing but good things and for lots I thank her for but the sooner we dispose of her and let winners in the better. And winners being those who know the score and know and understand the bottom line. The bottom line I may add is not being the first to appoint a female coach or whatever she has on her agenda to make herself look good. The bottom line is this football club winning.

I wish her nothing but good times in what she has clearly deserved in retirement after a fantastic career but the sooner she is displaced at Hearts the better imo.

Do you think she got anywhere in business by being this sweet old extreme left nicer than nice lady that you seem keen on painting her as?

and who are these winners you refer to and the funds they are going to offer to help compliment the FOH money?

sorry mate but a lot of hot air and very little substance to this post 

oh and just finally how does all this fix the following

1. Unnecessary tinkering of team

2. Lack of pace and width in team

3. Playing players twice in 5 days after referring to their lack of match fitness in training camp then having to bring them off 33 minutes into a match

4. A lot of our players shrinking when Naismith is not the park

5. Not starting home games at the right tempo

Skippy Doodle
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ann is clearly not in the dugout but the abject failure on the park stems from the product she has created. Nothing she is doing or has done is making us a better football team. Lockie's wee laddies would destroy Levein's losers, of that I have no doubt.

The second I heard about the investment into the women's game I gave up. I have not been suspended recently I just can't stomach this community centre anymore. Our hard earned money should be nowhere near investing in girls football. Why on earth 'should we' have a ladies team. Sorry ladies but you simply suck at football. I know people like Ann give opportunity to people based solely on what someone is but I am old fashioned and still happen to think it should be about someone's ability and not just because they fit into a certain demographic.

I have no doubt Ann will be workng hard as we speak but I also have no doubt that whatever it is she is working hard on will be for the greater good of herself and almost everything else except that pitch we play on. 

1874 - 2014

2014 - 

Lockies laddies would win hee haw

he had a really bad hand dealt to him but our current team would get a few goals from set plays alone 

I can't  make up my mind whether i8 is serious of just a serial wum.

The footballing side needs looking at, though, but that's down to Levein and his coaching team.  Last night was every bit as unacceptable as the Livi capitulation.

Skippy Doodle
3 hours ago, cheetah said:

The buck stops with Budge.

Our club is nothing like the one I loved all these years.

Budge > Levein > Levein > Coaches > Players > Sponsors > Vendors > Philanthropists > FOH > Fans

We will not progress on the field until budge goes.

But the times have changed. I get it ain’t what it used to be to attend football matches but that is a general change. Not one isolated to our club

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

1874 - 2014

2014 - 

Deary me. 

32 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We were hard as nails in the 70s but were even more rubbish on the park than now.  Why would the Foundation buyout not take place?

It keeps getting pushed back.

Should have been done and dusted by now.

Maybe I'm just old and cynical.

Generic Username

I'm pretty confident that a back three of;

Smith Souttar Berra

Would be able to handle 2013/2014 powerhouse strikers Gary Oliver and Dale Carrick.

I'm also fairly confident that a front ONE of Uche would murder a back four of;

McHattie McGowan Wilson McHattie

1 minute ago, Barb said:

It keeps getting pushed back.

Should have been done and dusted by now.

Maybe I'm just old and cynical.

It got pushed back to fund the stand which was voted for by the members.

Just now, Meestah Sahmon said:

I'm pretty confident that a back three of;

Smith Souttar Berra

Would be able to handle 2013/2014 powerhouse strikers Gary Oliver and Dale Carrick.

I'm also fairly confident that a front ONE of Uche would murder a back four of;

McHattie McGowan Wilson McHattie

Especially if McHattie was playing twice. ?

23 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Lockie's wee laddies would destroy Levein's losers, of that I have no doubt.

There's been some nonsense spouted online over the years but this has got to be up there with the most ridiculous.

I know there were very extreme mitigating circumstances but that team was garbage

29 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Sorry but why have you edited my post to read something different then quoted me using the made up quote? Bit weird.

Are you related to i8 or just unfamiliar with forums in general...

1 minute ago, Miko said:

There's been some nonsense spouted online over the years but this has got to be up there with the most ridiculous.

I know there were very extreme mitigating circumstances but that team was garbage

Don't confuse my rather bold statement as being based on quality. I mean in fight, desire and hunger. These three attributes win most football games.

It should have been ten
15 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I like HMFC

I like Ann Budge

I think I8hibsh is a simpleton

I agree with you 100%

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Don't confuse my rather bold statement as being based on quality. I mean in fight, desire and hunger. These three attributes win most football games.

That team could show as much fight, desire and hunger as they wanted and they still wouldn't beat our current team. I even include last night's abject display in that assessment.

Still gives me the fear thinking about Brad Mckay and Kevin Mchattie in the same back 4

31 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

1874 - 2014

2014 - 

Without Ann's efforts we would not have a pitch to play on, and certainly not a 1 million pound state-of-the-art hybrid pitch. 

Calling yourself old-fashioned is putting it mildly, frankly I'm surprised you survived that asteroid. 

7 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

You're getting weirder?? "Related to i8??"  "Unfamiliar to forums??" 

I only asked you if it's it normal to re-write 50% of what someone's posted and then quote the made up post? 

If this normal then clearly I am unfamiliar to forums.

See all this hate about womans football .... don't people get it ? it's a money making exercise , do you think that company's don't invest in womans football ? do you think a successful womans team on the park wouldn't raise the profile of HMFC thus bringing in investment and sponsorship ? beggars belief some of the garbage written in this thread ..... next you'll be telling us that is why Hibs are always in our shadow because they have a successful womans team on the park :whistling:

How much do you think Glasgow City for example make from competing in europe ? maybe worth a look i'd suggest ...

Edited by GingaNinja
spelling

38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It got pushed back to fund the stand which was voted for by the members.

I'm well aware of that

16 minutes ago, GingaNinja said:

See all this hate about womans football .... don't people get it ? it's a money making exercise , do you think that company's don't invest in womans football ? do you think a successful womans team on the park wouldn't raise the profile of HMFC thus bringing in investment and sponsorship ? beggars belief some of the garbage written in this thread ..... next you'll be telling us that is why Hibs are always in our shadow because they have a successful womans team on the park :whistling:

How much do you think Glasgow City for example make from competing in europe ? maybe worth a look i'd suggest ...

I would be very surprised if we ever go a year without net losses but if they do make money I imagine it would go back into the women's team. what an utter joke. I, and every single person on JKB do not get to represent Hearts for one simple reason....we are not good enough so why should we spend lots of money and put time and effort into a set up to put a Hearts team out that would get beat about ten nil of Balgreen Primary 7s. 

16 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

When she is not fighting heinous crimes like someone swearing whilst sipping a beer she is finding a way to make our club into the biggest shower of powder puff shite Scotland has ever seen.

You can lap up her sanctimonious bullshit all you want, but her fake as ****, Mills and Boon, Enid Blyton, Alice in Wonderland, namby pamby, Cabbage patch Kids, My Little Pony, Sylvanian Families, Impress the world bullshit does not wash with me.

She is turning our club into a community centre and before long the team will be going into the dressing room, paying 10p and calling the boss Brown ****ing Owl.

Make absolute no mistake, it is her desire to turn this football club into a uniform wearing, camp fire burning bunch of sissies who on the rare day we actually may win a game will not get a win bonus but instead will get a brownie badge for the players mums to sew on the strip.

Football and winning is no longer a priority for our club. Being seen to be 'nice' is the way for us. Throw a corrupt as **** 'charity' on our shirts like save the Children and watch us win friends.

She is not our saviour, we are. Those that put money into this now community centre week in week out are. She is not super and she has absolutely no desire to make this club compete as it should.

She seems to want us to be the 'first' in everything apart from winning ****ing football games. Nicey nice pish at every opportunity as long as it makes her look good and virtuous.

I wish her nothing but good things and for lots I thank her for but the sooner we dispose of her and let winners in the better. And winners being those who know the score and know and understand the bottom line. The bottom line I may add is not being the first to appoint a female coach or whatever she has on her agenda to make herself look good. The bottom line is this football club winning.

I wish her nothing but good times in what she has clearly deserved in retirement after a fantastic career but the sooner she is displaced at Hearts the better imo.

There should be a small button at the side of your bed,press it and someone will be a long shortly?

23 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

You're getting weirder?? "Related to i8??"  "Unfamiliar to forums??" 

I only asked you if it's it normal to re-write 50% of what someone's posted and then quote the made up post? 

If this normal then clearly I am unfamiliar to forums.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=FTFY

12 minutes ago, Barb said:

I'm well aware of that

Fair enough. To get pushed back again it would need another vote of the members. I’m not aware of any plans to do that and we are currently on track to complete the share purchase next year iirc. 

...a bit disco
8 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

SHE'S TURNED THE WEANS AGAINST US

:rofl:

r0FmQR.gif

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I would be very surprised if we ever go a year without net losses but if they do make money I imagine it would go back into the women's team. what an utter joke. I, and every single person on JKB do not get to represent Hearts for one simple reason....we are not good enough so why should we spend lots of money and put time and effort into a set up to put a Hearts team out that would get beat about ten nil of Balgreen Primary 7s. 

I think it will bring soft benefits. We’re not the only club to provide some finance to a women’s team. 

Spitonastranger
15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Is she putting in the same amount of money into the women's team you thought it would cost us to clean the windaes

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think it will bring soft benefits. We’re not the only club to provide some finance to a women’s team. 

Many teams do but usually to funnel money through the club and avoud FIFA finacial fair play rules.

I just want someone to explain these benefits to me. I know it will benefit wee 13 year old Janie but how will the first team benefit? Please tell me one benefit to the first team......someone. As per usual An Budge does great strides in doing nice things that have absolutely zero benefit to our team. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

1874 - 2014

2014 - 

What a riddy. :vrface:

You are completely detached from reality. Lockie's team got relegated. This team was top of the league for the first 8 games.

You simply don't know what you're talking about. Just come on here and spit the dummy because we lost a game. A worthless post.

This brightened up a dull day. Absolutely hilarious.

58 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Ah Gizmo I may have misunderstood what FTFY stood for!! Still not sure I agree with my post being changed but I now understand your intentions were otherwise honest and comedic??

37 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You really can't understand from my first post how this could benefit the 1st team ?? I've not got time to spell it out to you .... I honestly think it's obvious :lol:

Ann Budge did a Q&A with JKB last year.  Here are her answers to a couple of questions that are relevant to this discussion:

Q19. Could you please provide an overview of the financial status of HMFC currently?

AB: We set the budget to break even this year and we should achieve that. Turnover will hopefully be in excess of £12M which is significantly higher than when we took over just a few years ago. Although maintenance of the old stand was costly, the scale of the new stand brings its own set of new costs. Maintenance, security and cleaning costs have, of course, all risen. We have been managing cash flow carefully and it has been a challenging year.  However, we are looking to get back to making profits, going forward. We have no bank loans or external debt, and of course, we must mention that we have a set of benefactors who continue to support the club. Our next target is to drive turnover up to £15M, which should happen within 2-3 years. 

Q24. What is your assessment of Craig Levein as manager?

AB: He's both an excellent Manager and Director of Football and I am pleased that he plays both roles. He is a people person who knows every player, including all our young players, and he has the trust of our young players and their parents; and cultivating good relationships with the parents is vital. He is absolutely motivated to develop young players and brings a great deal of experience to his dual role. He is generally well-respected in Scottish football, has great contacts, and he keeps me posted at all times. I’m happy with how things are going, and we have a very good working relationship.

Q39. How will Hearts look five years from now compared to the Hearts of today?

AB: The Board will meet this week to discuss our new 3-year plan. I would like that plan to focus on ensuring financial security for the club. We actually had £3M in the bank before starting the new stand so we know we can achieve this.  On the field, we want to be regularly competing in Europe, achieving top four finishes and challenging for trophies. And we want our turnover to break the £15M mark, to have tight financial controls and to be profitable.  As stated earlier, of course, within 5 years, we will be fan-owned.

...and the ladies team?

AB: We have given the ladies team advice and guidance and we've worked with them to produce a strategy.  Full financial support would be very expensive.  However, we will continue to support them and will ensure the ladies team is included in our overall strategy for developing the club.

The complete Q&A can be found here:

Deary me, i have read some garbage on JKB over the years, you sir are up there with the very worst of posters.

Think you need to look at a career in politics, the amount of utter keek you spout will get you on the front benches of parliament right next to Boris !

Seriously , you need to contemplate a wee lie down in a darkened room for a few hours.

Ridiculous !

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

You know I think I would 100% agree with that ... I was actually thinking about that earlier on. At that time we were between a rock and a hard place could not get anybody in... but there was a pride in that team which I admired... I find no pride in the present team at all they are simply going through the motions.

Edited by jock _turd

Nelly Terraces
17 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Absolutely agree 100% with every word of this. No doubt the Budge Cultists will be on to slaughter you for stating the truth, but they're dwindling in numbers & people are now beginning to ask serious questions about the direction this club is going in. '

Community Centre' is about right - every single bloody virtue signalling issue gets precedence over our 1st team winning football matches. For example, 6 figure sum EVERY YEAR for the womans team, yeah no bother - forget the fact we've not a pot to piss in & have to sign garbage like McLean & Mulraney - but hey its "the right thing to do" so that's that, except it's not the right thing to do at this point in time - far from it, it's totally irresponsible at this time. The sad fact that the cultists of "Mary Poppins" ?(seriously still can't believe someone came out with that pearler the other week!) are unwilling to admit is that from the outset she even said herself she didn't have a clue about running a football club & was putting her faith almost entirely in 1 man - Craig Levein, who, surprise, surprise isn't now only the director of football & board member, but the 1st team manager as well! And if she can't run a football club, well he is showing he can't run a football TEAM.

Nobody is saying that the pair of them don't work hard, & to say that Ann Budge hasn't done any good would be churlish, BUT she us now running our club in her own image, as some sort of moral curusade to the philosophy that she alone holds for it without taking on board the views of others. Charity & "value promoting" is all well & good, of course it is, but sorry, it comes a long way behind Heart of Midlothian FC winning games of football - without the latter, the former means absolutely feck all.

I'm now sick of her badgering, dictatorial approach, telling everyone how to behave & the lack of proper insight into how this club is run - The Cathro sacking & managerial search shambles is the perfect example. More statements than a bank & a "sit down, shut up & give us your money you idiots" is the way she sees it. Sorry, not for me that, I put a lot of faith in Ann Budge but admit it was misplaced & I was wrong.

And to touch on this point, though completely insignificant compared to the fortunes of the team/club; that's something you'll never hear a lot of folk on here say or admit, their every waking moment seems to literally revolve around  proved right on Kickback & care more for points scoring here than HMFC scoring on the pitch & even the most minor criticism of anything the club does makes you negative or 'anti Hearts ('reeks of hobo' blag blah, yawn...). Got to say, the least negative thing you can do is wish for things to be better & want the team to win, far more negative to sit back & accept us being humbled by the likes of Livingston & Dundee. Anger is an energy & all that.

Anyway, as I say, what's posted on here is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things - in fact JKBS importance is very overstated, of the 30 or so people I know who regularly attend games there's maybe 3 max that ever post here, or even bother looking at it. Can assure you none are too happy with the way the club is going & with the football being played at the moment.

Cheers. HHGH - FTH.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

1874 - 2014

2014 - 

Lockie's wee laddies who got relegated would destroy our current team?

You've lost the plot.

Bazzas right boot
17 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

You missed something out. 

LNP-Sturgeon-Economic-MBR-7.jpg

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Skippy Doodle
18 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

You know I think I would 100% agree with that ... I was actually thinking about that earlier on. At that time we were between a rock and a hard place could not get anybody in... but there was a pride in that team which I admired... I find no pride in the present team at all they are simply going through the motions.

funny how no one mentions lack of pride in the wake of a derby win only a few weeks back

absolute knee jerk and faint whiff of nostalgia goggles coming into play here

25 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

funny how no one mentions lack of pride in the wake of a derby win only a few weeks back

absolute knee jerk and faint whiff of nostalgia goggles coming into play here

Honestly if beating Hibs is the only thing that matters then we are probably in a great place. The real truth is that even though we have been winning games our actual play, in my opinion, in most games has been woeful it is just so boring it is hard to believe. There is a school of thought that says I'll take a dreary 1-0 win every week if we can win the league ... far enough but what we as a team are dishing up is poor fare. I will always support the team and very rarely will I slag off individuals but in honesty we are a very unattractive side to watch just now there is absolutely not one player who has real buzz other than Naismith.  Funny thing is that even when we have won games sometimes the opposition team has looked the better footballing team. Just my opinion though but what I will say is there is nothing knee jerk about wanting to see football that gets your heart going.. I have not seen enough of that from Hearts this season even though we have won games most of the time our play has been turgid .

18 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Oh aye we were a much better football club when we had racists, homophobes, bigots and hooligans in our support. When we were run by idiots with no business sense who were losing money hand over fist. 

Personally, I long for the days when the pish was running down the terrace and we were free to question the sexual preferences of Richard Gough, the letting arrangements for Mickey Weirs rectum and required wellies for all of the claret we were up to our knees in. 

Only problem with all of this is.... Well.. We were continually rubbish, sure we had decent seasons where we might qualify for Europe (then battle relegation the following year) and dropped our knickers anytime the Old Firm flashed a few quid for our prize assets.

Its OK to not be satisfied with current performances but I lived through the "bridesmaids" years and they weren't fun. We will be here long after Ms Budge has gone, the hope, is that we have a young generation of fans who didn't feel intimidated going to football fans in their young years, who feel a connection to the club and  the community