• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• The Treasurer

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Only seats together in Lower Gorgie, Wheatfield surely must open tomorrow in what you would think would be a busy day

Can't be much over 100 left. 

Wheatfield will open I predict. Thousands waiting  :whistling:

16 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Only seats together in Lower Gorgie, Wheatfield surely must open tomorrow in what you would think would be a busy day

Sections A and B will be available on Sunday.

portobellojambo1
13 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

This is just a thought but would it not make more sense to house any additional home fans in the Roseburn Stand. It will be open I assume to house the Livingston support. Not sure how many they will bring but for arguments sake even if it were 1,000 and 500 seats needed to be left empty for segregation it would mean around 2,000 additional HMFC fans could be housed in the Roseburn.  Again it is just a thought but I'd think that the club may look to maximise the capacity in those stands which are already open rather than incur additional costs to open the Wheatfield as well.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

This is just a thought but would it not make more sense to house any additional home fans in the Roseburn Stand. It will be open I assume to house the Livingston support. Not sure how many they will bring but for arguments sake even if it were 1,000 and 500 seats needed to be left empty for segregation it would mean around 2,000 additional HMFC fans could be housed in the Roseburn.  Again it is just a thought but I'd think that the club may look to maximise the capacity in those stands which are already open rather than incur additional costs to open the Wheatfield as well.

Not sure it makes much difference - with the shutter down I would have thought it would have been just as easy to open A and B in the Wheatfield or just  let people sit where they like there, just keeping the catering and toilets open at the A and B end?

portobellojambo1
4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Not sure it makes much difference - with the shutter down I would have thought it would have been just as easy to open A and B in the Wheatfield or just  let people sit where they like there, just keeping the catering and toilets open at the A and B end?

As I said when I started the above post it was just a thought, and it was made without having a clue as to how much any additional costs would come to. I'm not even sure what difference it would have atmosphere wise if the game is played in front of 3 full stands rather than two full stands, one third full stand (roseburn) and maybe a couple of thousand in the Wheatfield. It was just a thought.

Edited by portobellojambo1

scott herbertson
Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

As I said when I started the above post it was just a thought, and it was made without having a clue as to how much any additional costs would come to. I'm not even sure what difference it would have atmosphere wise if the game is played in front of 3 full stands rather than two full stands, one half full stand and maybe a couple of thousand in the Wheatfield. It was just a thought.

Just a thought from me too - clearly neither of us really know what we are talking about!

34 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

As I said when I started the above post it was just a thought, and it was made without having a clue as to how much any additional costs would come to. I'm not even sure what difference it would have atmosphere wise if the game is played in front of 3 full stands rather than two full stands, one third full stand (roseburn) and maybe a couple of thousand in the Wheatfield. It was just a thought.

Surely if the club opens the Roseburn stand Hearts fans would have to access their seats via the Wheatfield turnstiles (because of segregation), so it would make much more sense to locate them in the Wheatfield rather than the Roseburn. No?

I think the club now risks losing lots of potential sales by not opening up, at least, some of the sections in the Wheatfield stand because (a) most of the remaining seats are either single ones or are not in good locations and (b) many of the Wheatfield season ticket holders aren't willing to sit elsewhere. They would however buy seats in the Wheatfield, should the stand be opened.

portobellojambo1
13 minutes ago, sniffer said:

Surely if the club opens the Roseburn stand Hearts fans would have to access their seats via the Wheatfield turnstiles (because of segregation), so it would make much more sense to locate them in the Wheatfield rather than the Roseburn. No?

I think the club now risks losing lots of potential sales by not opening up, at least, some of the sections in the Wheatfield stand because (a) most of the remaining seats are either single ones or are not in good locations and (b) many of the Wheatfield season ticket holders aren't willing to sit elsewhere. They would however buy seats in the Wheatfield, should the stand be opened.

Scott posted some similar(ish) comments above and I responded to him, just confirming it was a thought I'd had. As for the highlighted  bit above I have to be honest and say I'm struggling to understand why some people would only be willing to go to the game if they were in a particular stand. My ST seat is in the platinum area of the Wheatfield, and for £15 I was quite comfortable in moving across to the main stand. Likewise if that had been full when I went for my ticket I would have taken a seat in the Gorgie Stand. Actually watching the team play is more important to me than where I'm sitting to do so.

Edited by portobellojambo1

15 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Scott posted some similar(ish) comments above and I responded to him, just confirming it was a thought I'd had. As for the highlighted  bit above I have to be honest and say I'm struggling to understand why some people would only be willing to go to the game if they were in a particular stand. My ST seat is in the platinum area of the Wheatfield, and for £15 I was quite comfortable in moving across to the main stand. Likewise if that had been full when I went for my ticket I would have taken a seat in the Gorgie Stand. Actually watching the team play is more important to me than where I'm sitting to do so.

I'm not saying that I agree or understand their position but it's a fact (borne out by the number of people that have posted their views on here and that I have spoken to personally). I am also not saying that the club need to open up the whole Wheatfield but, I think, that as soon as they open up a few sections it will encourage a large number of the dissenters to part with their cash.

Edited by sniffer
Correction

35 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Perhaps people are a bit miffed at being shoehorned into corner areas or worms eye views as well as not being able to sit with their mates. There is going to be thousands of empty seats offering good views that people are not going to be allowed to access.

No two ways about it not allowing ST holders to buy their seats is a mistake imo.

Another thing now is when they eventually open the Wheatfield people who have been forced into sitting behind the goals or down the front will be cheesed off because the less committed fans who waited until the last minute are getting the better seats.

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

No two ways about it not allowing ST holders to buy their seats is a mistake imo.

They have been proved correct so far.

But on Sunday the walk up will exceed current regs and both Sections A and B in the Wheatfield will be open. 

My half sister

People have had the best part of 3 weeks to buy so can't really moan about where their tickets for.

I've just watched the Hamilton game on Boxing Day again and there were lots of empty seats in the main and Gorgie stands and I remember there being a lot in the Wheatfield. That means there will be season ticket holders who will not have been to a game since Motherwell at home on 8 December.

This game is massive, if you've not bought a ticket yet, stay in tomorrow, don't spunk money on coupons, drink or fags. It's only £15, get yourself down to Tynecastle to welcome our new striker and cheer on the team. This could be our year for Cup Glory but Sunday could be the hardest game.

HHGH

Edited by My half sister
Spelling

4 hours ago, My half sister said:

People have had the best part of 3 weeks to buy so can't really moan about where their tickets for.

I've just watched the Hamilton game on Boxing Day again and there were lots of empty seats in the main and Gorgie stands and I remember there being a lot in the Wheatfield. That means there will be season ticket holders who will not have been to a game since Motherwell at home on 8 December.

This game is massive, if you've not bought a ticket yet, stay in tomorrow, don't spunk money on coupons, drink or fags. It's only £15, get yourself down to Tynecastle to welcome our new striker and cheer on the team. This could be our year for Cup Glory but Sunday could be the hardest game.

HHGH

Bravo ? well said that man. 

8 hours ago, Renault said:

They have been proved correct so far.

But on Sunday the walk up will exceed current regs and both Sections A and B in the Wheatfield will be open. 

How have they been proven correctly so far?

43 minutes ago, bikerjambo said:

You at Hobbit Central

Just coz I don’t always agree with what people say does not make me a Hibs fan so stop being immature 

mainstandjambo

Count at 9.00 am

Gorgie

Z  -  37

Y  -  43

X  -  42

W  - 36

V  -  89

Total - 247

Main

T  -  22

R  -   5

Q  -   4

P  -   3

N  -  14

Total - 48

Overall total - 295 

Geoff the Mince
48 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Just coz I don’t always agree with what people say does not make me a Hibs fan so stop being immature 

How's Hamilton today pal ? 

2 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Tried to find TO opening hours for today and tomorrow on the website but no joy.

Does anyone know opening hours please?

Thanks

According to Google its 9-4 on a Saturday and 9 until kick off on a matchday.

3 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Tried to find TO opening hours for today and tomorrow on the website but no joy.

Does anyone know opening hours please?

Thanks

According to Twitter the TO is open until 3pm today and from 9am tomorrow until just before lick off.

19 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Eh. You are younger than me I reckon if you were born in 1958....

I was privileged as a 14 year old to witness the best ever Hearts team, walking the league and in the process scoring a record number of goals, Still etched in the memory. ? 1958 was truly a vintage year.

2 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

How have they been proven correctly so far?

Tickets are still available so no need to open the Wheatfield.

However, there will be a lot of walk ups tomorrow so sections A and B will be opened, I'm sure of it. Maybe even C. Fingers crossed.

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Jeez, as far as undercover goes you're pretty shit at it

17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

According to Twitter the TO is open until 3pm today and from 9am tomorrow until just before lick off.

Thank you ?

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

My late dad was forever extolling the virtues of that great Hearts team. 

You are lucky to have been there and I doff my cap to you.

Thank you. That season was filled with many never to be forgotten memories. When you think of the many occasions the bigot brothers have won the league neither of them  have come near our goal scoring spree 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
28 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I was privileged as a 14 year old to witness the best ever Hearts team, walking the league and in the process scoring a record number of goals, Still etched in the memory. ? 1958 was truly a vintage year.

One thing I would have loved to have seen. Understatement of the century. 

Was it euphoric. How would have described the vibe compared to today?

7 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Thank you. That season was filled with many never to be forgotten memories. When you think of the many occasions the bigot brothers have won the league neither of them  have come near our goal scoring spree 

I was born in 1947 and will never forget the open deck bus driving trough Eat Whitburn with the Scottish Cup . I attended all the League cup finals starting with the 4-2 victory over Motherwell. My dad was the treasurer of the Whitburn/Blackburn Hearts Supporters club ad at the annual social we invited John Cummings, Willie Bauld and Freddie Glidden. I was at most of the games when we scored 134 goals in one season but my dad wouldn't take me to the old firm games.

Just now, robert cook said:

I was born in 1947 and will never forget the open deck bus driving trough Eat Whitburn with the Scottish Cup . I attended all the League cup finals starting with the 4-2 victory over Motherwell. My dad was the treasurer of the Whitburn/Blackburn Hearts Supporters club ad at the annual social we invited John Cummings, Willie Bauld and Freddie Glidden. I was at most of the games when we scored 134 goals in one season but my dad wouldn't take me to the old firm games.

correction 132 goals. What a season.

Two memories I will never forget was Willie Bauld scoring five goals in an 8-3 win against Third Lanark at Tynecastle and the other was standing at the top of the Wheatfield covered enclosure next to the toilets watching the Celtic fans pouring on to the pitch at the Gorgie entrance with a crowd of around 50,000 packed into the ground. I must have been around 16 or 17 at the time. How Tynecastle has changed from these days but the atmosphere remains one of the best in the country.

W

7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Great memories and something that no one can take away from you. 

My dad used to say he got upset if the Hearts didn't hammer teams. 

Wheatfield A & B open Jonno

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Well if you call someone who has been going to watch the Hearts regularly since 1962 'less committed' then you are wrong in my case.

Sorry didn't mean to offend anyone. Wrong choice of words.

6 minutes ago, robert cook said:

correction 132 goals. What a season.

Unbelievable season. I was lucky that one of my uncles was a die-hard Hearts man. He was my mum,s youngest brother and he used to twist her round his little finger.He made sure that there was only one team I was going to support. There was a big family who were nearly all maroon but one followed Hibs and should have been ostracised. For some reason I was not at the Motherwell league cup game but the 56 final I recall being that high up in the terracing it was like watching a subbuteo game. The only game I missed 57/58 season was a home game against Falkirk when I think we scored nine. (must have been something special to miss out). I always remember the defining game that season was against Celtic at Tynecastle  which was played on A Friday night under the floodlights. Playing in a silk like maroon strip with white sleeves we won 5 3 despite an injured Dave Mackay limping for most of the game on the wing. Fortunately the great man was worth 2  and the win put us miles ahead in the league. Whilst it was not mathematically sealed a 14 year old boy and his uncle went home elated knowing it was all over bar the shouting.   

18 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

W

Wish I had held off now. Never mind - I will experience the new stand for the first time.

21 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

W

Cheers for that, my usual 3 purchased, change from section G to B, knew it was worthwhile waiting ?. Now I have chosen print at home, would I be correct in saying that I can just show the barcodes on the ticket through my phone to gain entry? 

31 minutes ago, robert cook said:

Two memories I will never forget was Willie Bauld scoring five goals in an 8-3 win against Third Lanark at Tynecastle and the other was standing at the top of the Wheatfield covered enclosure next to the toilets watching the Celtic fans pouring on to the pitch at the Gorgie entrance with a crowd of around 50,000 packed into the ground. I must have been around 16 or 17 at the time. How Tynecastle has changed from these days but the atmosphere remains one of the best in the country.

Was that the Scottish cup game we drew 3 3 when Crerand got to re-take a penalty. I think Jim Rodger equalised and we lost the replay.

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ticket purchased in Section B. 

Thanks Rudolph. Appreciate it. Passing today so will collect.

Great minds think alike jonno, glad I waited now ?

14 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Wish I had held off now. Never mind - I will experience the new stand for the first time.

Yes some of us 'wasted our time' waiting .

Worth the wait 

1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Yes some of us 'wasted our time' waiting .

Worth the wait 

When they only opened the main and the Gorgie for the Cowdenbeath game earlier this season I moved around and got a decent seat as my ticket was in the corner behind the goals. Looks as if some folk might get their own seats in the Wheatfield after all.

1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

Cheers for that, my usual 3 purchased, change from section G to B, knew it was worthwhile waiting ?. Now I have chosen print at home, would I be correct in saying that I can just show the barcodes on the ticket through my phone to gain entry? 

You need to print the tickets.