Livingston Cup Dot Count

Mikey1874

I’m still confused by so few tickets sold. We have 13k+ season ticket holders plus several thousand payees. To go from that to way under 10k! Some folk ...

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• The Treasurer

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

38 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I’m still confused by so few tickets sold. We have 13k+ season ticket holders plus several thousand payees. To go from that to way under 10k! Some folk ...

People waiting for the wheatfield, like me

CornhillHearts
58 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

People waiting for the wheatfield, like me

I think the club underestimates people's wish to sit in an area where they normally would on a match day, resulting in this kind of thing happening.

If it gets nearer the weekend and it's not opened will you bother going? 

Certainly not a criticism, just curious

7 hours ago, Thought Police said:

He said it was your choice.

Oh, but the usual, tiresome caveat was added. You know the one...don't come begging for tickets...yada...yada...!

9 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Got my ticket yesterday old chum. But crack on with your ludicrous conclusion jumping anyway. 

If OTHER people don't want to go to a game of football then - and I know you'll probably find this hard to fathom - then THAT'S THEIR FREE CHOICE. I know, fecking mental eh.

See you at the game!

No need to get precious.

We are actually saying the same thing about it being people's own choice to go to the football or not.

39 minutes ago, Boab said:

Oh, but the usual, tiresome caveat was added. You know the one...don't come begging for tickets...yada...yada...!

Not as tiresome as the multitude of posts on a big match thread asking strangers for a loan of their ref number.

The LPs for home cup ties could make the difference when it comes to a person's LP total for big matches.

One of the biggest happy callers on here but I do think the decision to not sell in the wheatfield will reduce the crowd by a few thousand. Even if it opens later in the week, can't see a late surge. 

37 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Not as tiresome as the multitude of posts on a big match thread asking strangers for a loan of their ref number.

The LPs for home cup ties could make the difference when it comes to a person's LP total for big matches.

Aye, hear that, Dug, but I doubt Nelly, or myself for that matter, would lower ourselves to such a thing. Any big Hearts game, final or otherwise, i'm there, regardless of loyalty points.

?

22 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

It’s ridiculous that a first round (proper) cup tie between Hearts and Livingston is live on BBC.

Early rounds of the cup are devalued enough; live TV just kills it.

But what would a fan know?

Agreed. Should be max 1 game live per round. Sat 3pm cup game will always bring in a decent crowd. 

15 hours ago, Graham Thomson said:

The atmosphere with the Wheatfield closed will be surreal, 

We should try and make home advantage count, that would have been allowing season ticket holders like me to purchase our own seats (Wheatfield)

Wheatfield was closed when we hammered ICT in the league cup at the start of the season, so doesn't make a big difference.

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

Thirded (no idea if it is a word)

Quadrupled. Waited till now to get tickets as one of our group was not sure if working Sunday or not. As tickets are priced all the same now worth waiting to see if Wheatfield opens. 

I know its a cost saving exercise not opening Wheatfield from start and hoping to boost crowd by having reduced uniform pricing. Reduced pricing all round yes but probably should still have had a small premium for the best seats. Then folk like me might have not waited to see if they could get better seats than whats left for £15.

18 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Livingston take 1000 or is that  wildly optimistic?

Optimistic. 500 most likely. They're lucky to get a 1000 at home games.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Deans Jambo said:

Optimistic. 500 most likely. They're lucky to get a 1000 at home games.

Believe it is slightly on the rise, cup game away nearby against a team they have just spanked 5-0, I reckon they will be coming in decent numbers percentage wise

1 minute ago, Carl Weathers said:

I am waiting to see what stand opens next. There's no mad scramble to get a seat, so why rush.

Think about the pie order...  ?

3 hours ago, CornhillHearts said:

I think the club underestimates people's wish to sit in an area where they normally would on a match day, resulting in this kind of thing happening.

Yes i’ll get a ticket in another stand if I need to. Keen to see the game either way

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Caley game they didn't open the whole of the Wheatfield, if you are waiting for D, I think you may well be disappointed. A + B were those used against Caley

Just bought 4 in Section N upper.  This will be our first experience in the Main Stand.  

There will defo be a third stand opening, whether that's Roseburn or Wheatfield who knows, however hearing that Jonno and Ray are outside the Wheatfield already, sleeping bags at the ready to get their seat!!

27 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

Pies will run out at half time for this game. Absolute nap.

Imagine the seeth, will take my wee pack lunch,  cant stand folk losing their plot

Carl Weathers
7 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Imagine the seeth, will take my wee pack lunch,  cant stand folk losing their plot

Cannae wait to hear about it!

The Apprentice

Honestly can't wait for the game after the break we've had and to get back to Tynecastle.  The first of 3 home games in a short space of time so hopefully the new guys settle in and we hit the ground running.

Would expect the ticket sales to pick up as the week goes on and we see a decent crowd.

scott herbertson
13 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Honestly can't wait for the game after the break we've had and to get back to Tynecastle.  The first of 3 home games in a short space of time so hopefully the new guys settle in and we hit the ground running.

Would expect the ticket sales to pick up as the week goes on and we see a decent crowd.

Positive post alert!

see the forum rules re minimum standards which require the inclusion of at least one of the following words or phrases on all dot count thread posts:

disappointing

embarrassing

pathetic

stay at home

cup final tickets

real fans

my seat

Edited by scott herbertson

The Apprentice
7 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Positive post alert!

see the forum rules re minimum standards which require the inclusion of at least one of the following words or phrases on all dot count thread posts:

disappointing

embarrassing

pathetic

stay at home

cup final tickets

real fans

my seat

I must admit Scott, I even surprised myself a little with the positivity considering it's Monday! :laugh2:

Just now, cubanjambo said:

a feast on our building site  ?

I just go to enjoy us pumping the other team, with my son, 2nd game together as he off

working weekends , im just off lol

19 hours ago, cubanjambo said:

sure does , how many for this Livi game ?

3 points for Livi cup game. also likely to be big queues on Saturday for those last minute buyers and people collecting so I'd rather buy sooner than later which is what I've done

3 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

3 points for Livi cup game. also likely to be big queues on Saturday for those last minute buyers and people collecting so I'd rather buy sooner than later which is what I've done

?

I watched Skippys cup goal montage and just look at the crowds then. Jam packed against Ayr Utd, changed days. 

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

I watched Skippys cup goal montage and just look at the crowds then. Jam packed against Ayr Utd, changed days. 

Going to say this, wheres all the fans when we were pumping teams in the championship,

still there , ha ha

7 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Going to say this, wheres all the fans when we were pumping teams in the championship,

still there , ha ha

Not sure if I understand your post.

However I would be confident about saying our crowds this season are bigger than the Championship season.

Travelling support might be smaller though.

39 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Not sure if I understand your post.

However I would be confident about saying our crowds this season are bigger than the Championship season.

Travelling support might be smaller though.

I was working most games in the championship, mind most being sold out, not going down the glory route,

but i feel it was for that case, no hat on, as im right, gorgie rules

We were great and winning, glory hunters on board, believe mate we have them. 

lost in leith
3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Important to remember that a season ticket counted for the Scottish Cup that year, which helped with the crowd a lot.  We have a group of 3 seats we’ve had since the Wheatfield opened.  All 3 there for the Ayr game, just me for Livi this year.

portobellojambo1
13 hours ago, CornhillHearts said:

I agree with what you are saying. I'd maybe understand it a little bit more if the Main Stand seats being offered to people with ST's in the Wheatfield were priced a whole lot more, but it is difficult, if not impossible, to argue about a price of £15 for a seat. There does seem to be a number of people who are intent on waiting to see if the Wheatfield will open, which in itself does suggest they want to go to the game. But if by the end of this week the Main Stand and Gorgie Stand haven't sold out are those people then going to try late on to get tickets for either of the two previously mentioned stands or are they just not going to bother going. Maybe I'm looknig at this very simply, but to me my seat I have in the Wheatfield and the seat I've purchased for Sunday in the Main Stand are exactly that, seats, somewhere I can sit to watch the game. I'm not going to spend part of the game analysing the seat I've purchased for Sunday to try and determine if it has major construction differences when compared with my seat in the Wheatfield, because again it is just a seat, somewhere I can sit and watch HMFC play football.

Edited by portobellojambo1

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I agree with what you are saying. I'd maybe understand it a little bit more if the Main Stand seats being offered to people with ST's in the Wheatfield were priced a whole lot more, but it is difficult, if not impossible, to argue about a price of £15 for a seat. There does seem to be a number of people who are intent on waiting to see if the Wheatfield will open, which in itself does suggest they want to go to the game. But if by the end of this week the Main Stand and Gorgie Stand haven't sold out are those people then going to try late on to get tickets for either of the two previously mentioned stands or are they just not going to bother going. Maybe I'm looknig at this very simply, but to me my seat I have in the Wheatfield and the seat I've purchased for Sunday in the Main Stand are exactly that seats, somewhere I can sit to watch the game. I'm not going to spend part of the game analysing the seat I've purchased for Sunday to try and determine if it has major construction differences when compared with my seat in the Wheatfield, because again it is just a seat, somewhere I can sit and watch HMFC play football.

Your bang on mate, a seats a seat, im normally in the Wheatfield but in the main stand on Sunday, I’m not sure we’re there should be a problem with this.

portobellojambo1
4 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Your bang on mate, a seats a seat, im normally in the Wheatfield but in the main stand on Sunday, I’m not sure we’re there should be a problem with this.

I'd be tempted to say that if they are going to house HMFC fans out with the two stands already open then it is possibly more likely to be in the Roseburn, assuming the intention is to seat the Livingston fans there. I'd imagine that would mean a cost saving in terms of police, stewards and HMFC staff needed if the Wheatfield remains closed. Like others I've no idea how many fans Livingston will bring, but I'd imagine that having drawn at Tynecastle earlier in the season and then thumped us recently at home there could be a decent support intending to travel from Livingston.

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I've had the same seat in the Wheatfield since it opened and I do prefer to sit there.

However if the choice is sit elsewhere or not go to the game, there is absolutely not contest.

GorgieRules22
Just now, The Treasurer said:

I've had the same seat in the Wheatfield since it opened and I do prefer to sit there.

However if the choice is sit elsewhere or not go to the game, there is absolutely not contest.

Iv had the same seat in the Wheatfield since 2005 and don’t mind sitting across the other side of the stadium, I find those that have a problem with this slightly odd.

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Iv had the same seat in the Wheatfield since 2005 and don’t mind sitting across the other side of the stadium, I find those that have a problem with this slightly odd.

I don't have a problem sitting in main stand . Don't fancy the seats that are left though

Are people genuinely still waiting to see if they open the Wheatfield? On the Tuesday before the game?

News flash; Unless demand steps up, why would they open the Wheatfield? There’s still loads of seats left in the Gorgie and Section N. 

9 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

I don't have a problem sitting in main stand . Don't fancy the seats that are left though

That's the crux of the matter now.

The seats that are left offer poorer views of the pitch.

I actually try to get a different seat from my usual when it comes to cup ties.  Has to be of a decent quality though.  If I was just getting round to purchasing now I would be among those waiting on the Wheatfield opening.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Are people genuinely still waiting to see if they open the Wheatfield? On the Tuesday before the game?

News flash; Unless demand steps up, why would they open the Wheatfield? There’s still loads of seats left in the Gorgie and Section N. 

Tend to agree, 7800 seats in the Main Stand and 3500 roughly in the Gorgie, that's over 11000 seats. Livi will have their corner of the Roseburn, Sec A and B may open in the Wheatfield in the event of overflow as it did in the Caley match.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Tend to agree, 7800 seats in the Main Stand and 3500 roughly in the Gorgie, that's over 11000 seats. Livi will have their corner of the Roseburn, Sec A and B may open in the Wheatfield in the event of overflow as it did in the Caley match.

If they do a cash gate, I would agree. But if you’re waiting for the Wheatfield to open, 4 days before the game, without the demand required to open another stand then you’re wasting your own time.