What has gone wrong at Hibs?

Smack

36 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Think Mallan would have made a difference for them if he’d played

Was really pleased when he continued to take all their dead balls. He hit about one half-decent corner all night.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smack

• Beast Boy

• Harry Potter

• Mikey1874

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Was really pleased when he continued to take all their dead balls. He hit about one half-decent corner all night.

You mean he was playing?

?

Edited by To Be Frank

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Interview suggests he wants to buy a striker.  

Scott Allan presumably as well. 

The problem he has in this respect is that there are only so many Celtic rejects available. Tony Watt is a possibility. Jorge Cadete? Think he's run out of options with his current signing policy.

1 hour ago, Smack said:

The manager seems to think the players are to blame. It would be cruel to suggest he bought most of them, although it's possible he did. They have the genius Dempster pulling the strings behind the scenes. Classy club, but languishing in the bottom reaches of the top league. Difficult one to fathom. 

It's obviously not the failed Bolton managers fault. So what is it? 

Classy club?  Are you talking about Hibs??

3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Yes, they wrote it on a big banner. Has to be true. 

8 minutes ago, Smack said:

Yes, they wrote it on a big banner. Has to be true. 

16 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Thank goodness you followed up with sarcasm, I feared you were on the Smack 

1 minute ago, Bozi said:

Thank goodness you followed up with sarcasm, I feared you were on the Smack 

Can confirm Maple Leaf has never been on me or Smack of any description. 

Losing 3 key players doesn't help but not replacing the completely ineffective Kamberi until 90 minutes doesn't help.

He was bigging up Lewis Allan the other week but then immediately drops him for 2 games and gives him 3 minutes in a derby where his strikers can't produce anything.

WorldChampions1902
29 minutes ago, Captkronic said:

11 players missing tonight with injury, international duty and suspended 

I'd be interested to see a breakdown of those 11 players? Who and which category? I didn't realise our squad was so depleted.

3 hours ago, Captkronic said:

11 players missing tonight with injury, international duty and suspended 

But only 2 who might have been in squad 

6 hours ago, Coolio said:

Eh. But they're so classy.

image.png.138f69ee163b20a91785c3eb9fe2bc3e.png

I hope work is already underway with someone creating a Photoshop funny re this.

Maybe instead of wasting money on this shit, the fans back their club so they can afford better players.. ??‍♂️ FOH and FTH

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
7 hours ago, Coolio said:

Eh. But they're so classy.

image.png.138f69ee163b20a91785c3eb9fe2bc3e.png

I hope work is already underway with someone creating a Photoshop funny re this.

Where’s the apostrophe? Hibs supporters never went to class that’s the problem here.

Let's face it, aside from them finally winning a Scottish Cup, when has it gone right? A massive slide down the league over 10 years, relegation, 3 seasons to get up. OK, they had a decent season last year but still only finished 4th - and that was with a £10m player in John McGinn (judging by his Aston Villa form) who Lennon inherited along with their other best players at that time. His signings have mostly been average at best. Ambrose, Mallan and Kamberi are probably the pick of them but they are pretty inconsistent and well below the quality of our best signings. He's basically wasted "the biggest budget in Hibs history".

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Let's face it, aside from them finally winning a Scottish Cup, when has it gone right? A massive slide down the league over 10 years, relegation, 3 seasons to get up. OK, they had a decent season last year but still only finished 4th - and that was with a £10m player in John McGinn (judging by his Aston Villa form) who Lennon inherited along with their other best players at that time. His signings have mostly been average at best. Ambrose, Mallan and Kamberi are probably the pick of them but they are pretty inconsistent and well below the quality of our best signings. He's basically wasted "the biggest budget in Hibs history".

You seem to suggest that The Shite have a shite manager. This can't be true since the manger himself confirms he is not shite, it's his signings who are shite. Feel like we're back to square one. We'll get to the bottom of this shite ridden riddle one day. 

12 hours ago, BM1874 said:

Lennon has lost the dressing room

constantly blames the players and is still living out the Celtic past. 

I reckon hes waiting to get shoved rather than walk to get the pay off 

Hibs fans I speak to most days want him gone, weeks ago 

My celtic supporting work colleague cant stand NL even when the rodent was there.

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

My celtic supporting work colleague cant stand NL even when the rodent was there.

I know some who like him and some who don’t.

Hibs fans that I know however, to a man/woman despised him before he became Hibs manager... many are back waiting at that particular platform again now, after a brief vacation in ‘He’s Alrightville’.

12 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Just been pumped at the echodome by "The Famous".

Languishing in bottom six.

A PR disaster in the making following the racist chant caught on TV and now doing the rounds on global media.

I wonder what Leeeeeeaaannnnn......... will be doing tonight?

IMG_7975.jpg

???

manaliveits105

They carried a lot of luck last year with decisions going their way and own goals etc - their wonder players in midfield obviously weren’t that good as they ain’t setting the heather on fire at their new clubs - just more hibs myth perpetuated by their media groupies 

hibs are just shit as usual

35 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Hibs fans that I know however, to a man/woman despised him before he became Hibs manager... many are back waiting at that particular platform again now, after a brief vacation in ‘He’s Alrightville’.

Lennon has lost the dressing room with his bizarre decisions over who to pick, who to drop, and his weird tactics - if it somehow comes off, he takes the credit, when it doesn’t work out he publicly blames the players - and they’re getting really pissed off with it.

Petrie & Dempster have no time for him, as he’s made it clear he wants to leave (he seemingly sacked his Agent for not getting him a move back down south in the summer) but they can’t afford to sack him.

Meantime the club continues to slide down the table, he continues dropping form players, and picking his favourites.  Players will not sign contract extensions while he’s there, and he keeps signing players with no resale value - hurting the clubs balance sheet.

I think he’s doing a great job..!  :D

12 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

Lennon has lost the dressing room with his bizarre decisions over who to pick, who to drop, and his weird tactics - if it somehow comes off, he takes the credit, when it doesn’t work out he publicly blames the players - and they’re getting really pissed off with it.

Petrie & Dempster have no time for him, as he’s made it clear he wants to leave (he seemingly sacked his Agent for not getting him a move back down south in the summer) but they can’t afford to sack him.

Meantime the club continues to slide down the table, he continues dropping form players, and picking his favourites.  Players will not sign contract extensions while he’s there, and he keeps signing players with no resale value - hurting the clubs balance sheet.

They’re the natural fodder.

13 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Just been pumped at the echodome by "The Famous".

Languishing in bottom six.

A PR disaster in the making following the racist chant caught on TV and now doing the rounds on global media.

I wonder what Leeeeeeaaannnnn......... will be doing tonight?

IMG_7975.jpg

What’s Chris Sutton got to do with it? ??‍♂️

14 hours ago, Smack said:

The manager seems to think the players are to blame. It would be cruel to suggest he bought most of them, although it's possible he did. They have the genius Dempster pulling the strings behind the scenes. Classy club, but languishing in the bottom reaches of the top league. Difficult one to fathom. 

It's obviously not the failed Bolton managers fault. So what is it? 

Ironic you are asking when your username answers question

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
5 hours ago, Smack said:

You seem to suggest that The Shite have a shite manager. This can't be true since the manger himself confirms he is not shite, it's his signings who are shite. Feel like we're back to square one. We'll get to the bottom of this shite ridden riddle one day. 

Yep, he's a great manager.  When you've signed 35 players over 2.5 years (source:  transfermarket), and the best one turns out to be Efe Ambrose, then let's face it, it's Old Trafford, next stop.

Bazzas right boot

Not enough, yet. 

Hibs are exactly where they normally are, maybe a place or two further down due to St Johnstone, livi Killie doing well. 

Folk had them as World beaters last season when they finished 4th, a place behind where we finished on our first season back. 

Folk on here were saying we where years behind and the likes. 

****ing rockets. 

Hibs are shite and after losing their two best players from last season are now even shite. 

Non story. 

Killie, Aberdeen and rangers are our concern, hibs are luvi's and Motherwells concern. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, The Gasman said:

I read a peach of a comment from him last night saying something like, "Kamberi didn't play well. I'm not going to single anyone out but Kamberi was really shite. But I won't single any player out. But Kamberi can play better."

There's every chance that Kamberi is thick as mince so won't pick up on the comment but if he does, it won't help with morale in the dressing room.

Besides, if he was that shite (relative to all his team mates), how come he stayed on the park so long?

1 hour ago, The Gasman said:

Speaking with authority or just assuming ?

Haven't read whole thread but thought his interview was very open and honest .

Fair enough assessment of the game , obviously from Hibs point of view .

Telling comments about his players . Lack of application , soft tissue injuries etc (curious who he was referring to ?) .

Don't think he is looking to extend his contract 

Maybe their manager spends too much of his time doing "an evening with Celtic legends" only last week there was one in Motherwell with him and Strachan 

haveyouheard 22
9 minutes ago, ericb said:

Maybe their manager spends too much of his time doing "an evening with Celtic legends" only last week there was one in Motherwell with him and Strachan 

That would really sicken me if a Hearts Manager did that 

Rumours that he had an open and frank discussion with the players.

Key point the players made that he only turns up at training after games where they have won, or got what is considered a very good result.

Doubt any of the players like or respect him that much.

Edited by DETTY29

Neil Lennon is a narcissistic freak. It's everyone's fault but his when anything goes wrong and passes the buck at every given opportunity. 

That's what's wrong with hibs. You have a nutcase in charge of your club that has some of the worst man management skills I've ever seen. Who would really want to play under him? Guys a lost cause. 

Expect a further implosion as it becomes more and more obvious that they are a bottom six club. Absolute carnage if they crash out of the cup.

3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

What’s Chris Sutton got to do with it? ??‍♂️

A (deservedly) obscure Tina Turner B-Side?

image-9-for-tina-turner-performing-at-th

Edited by Auld Reekin'

3 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Speaking with authority or just assuming ?

Haven't read whole thread but thought his interview was very open and honest .

Fair enough assessment of the game , obviously from Hibs point of view .

Telling comments about his players . Lack of application , soft tissue injuries etc (curious who he was referring to ?) .

Don't think he is looking to extend his contract 

I haven’t seen his interview, so can’t comment on that JT.

That he’s lost the dressing room I was told by an ex-hibs player, who still has friends in the squad, and I’ve no reason to doubt him.

It was an Agent who told me Lennon had sacked his previous agent for “failing” to get him the sort of move he wanted, and again, I’ve no reason to doubt what I was told.

That Petrie and Dempster have no time for him is, I think, a pretty open secret - they repeatedly gave him funds to sign players, yet now see a squad with little or no resale value.  They also feel his onfield antics (something like half a dozen bans in a couple of years) bring the club into disrepute, and personally embarrass them with their peers.

He’s rapidly running out of allies down there, in the boardroom, in the dressing room, and in the stands - though I’m delighted with how he’s getting on. ;)