What has gone wrong at Hibs?

Smack

The manager seems to think the players are to blame. It would be cruel to suggest he bought most of them, although it's possible he did. They have the genius Dempster pulling the strings behind the scenes. Classy club, but languishing in the bottom reaches of the top league. Difficult one to fathom. 

It's obviously not the failed Bolton managers fault. So what is it? 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smack

• Beast Boy

• Harry Potter

• Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, Smack said:

The manager seems to think the players are to blame. It would be cruel to suggest he bought most of them, although it's possible he did. They have the genius Dempster pulling the strings behind the scenes. Classy club, but languishing in the bottom reaches of the top league. Difficult one to fathom. 

They are where they are on merit 

nothing more needs said 

Geoff Kilpatrick

They are regressing to the mean as always happens. The vermin are mediocre shite and they are heading to where they belong.

Lost their two key midfielders and never replaced them. 

Back to bottom 6 mediocrity now that they’ve had their 1 good season per decade. 

3 minutes ago, Coolio said:

Eh. But they're so classy.

image.png.138f69ee163b20a91785c3eb9fe2bc3e.png

I hope work is already underway with someone creating a Photoshop funny re this.

So "Hibs class" is below class and first class? Figures...

9 minutes ago, Smack said:

They sold their whole midfield, was never going to end well .

Hibs made good progress in coming back up and for most of last season. They had a great chance of finishing 2nd. Greatly thanks to us, they blew it totally, Lennon lost the plot even more than ever, and here they are now. Back to their usual mediocre or worse selves.

With the fanbase they have, their record as a football club is a total, miserable embarrassment. They hailed 4th like it was some wondrous achievement :laugh: By contrast, Hearts have never been happy with 4th, and never will. 

I don't think Lennon particularly wants to be there. He's a chequebook manager. But they can't spend any more than they already do - and up front, they are a quite unbelievable joke, which rather begs questions about the quality of their coaching. Or lack thereof.

There's now every chance they'll finish bottom 6, while we push on towards Europe. That's been the story for much of my 40-year-old life. In other words, the following has been very much restored.

:leveinnaturalorder:

4 minutes ago, Coolio said:

I hope work is already underway with someone creating a Photoshop funny re this.

There's also Hibs racists. And apostrophes.

SpruceBringsteen

This is literally who Hibs are and have been for 99.9% of their miserable existence. I'm not sure I understand the OP.

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Hibs made good progress in coming back up and for most of last season. They had a great chance of finishing 2nd. Greatly thanks to us, they blew it totally, Lennon lost the plot even more than ever, and here they are now. Back to their usual mediocre or worse selves.

With the fanbase they have, their record as a football club is a total, miserable embarrassment. They hailed 4th like it was some wondrous achievement :laugh: By contrast, Hearts have never been happy with 4th, and never will. 

I don't think Lennon particularly wants to be there. He's a chequebook manager. But they can't spend any more than they already do - and up front, they are a quite unbelievable joke, which rather begs questions about the quality of their coaching. Or lack thereof.

There's now every chance they'll finish bottom 6, while we push on towards Europe. That's been the story for much of my 40-year-old life. In other words, the following has been very much restored.

:leveinnaturalorder:

That's what I thought. But Neil Lennon insists he is not the problem. Truly baffling. 

Thought Lennon's body language was pretty defeatist. Barely stood up the entire game.

I think McGinn & McGeough (sp) were two very good midfielders and they've not replaced them. Mallan is way too lightweight and doesn't contribute outside of set pieces/ speculative pings. The supply to Kamberi isn't there as a result. 

Altogether quite funny :)  an injured Haring run rings around them :D 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Thought Lennon's body language was pretty defeatist. Barely stood up the entire game.

I think McGinn & McGeough (sp) were two very good midfielders and they've not replaced them. Mallan is way too lightweight and doesn't contribute outside of set pieces/ speculative pings. The supply to Kamberi isn't there as a result. 

Altogether quite funny :)  an injured Haring run rings around them :D 

Settle down OTT. Just wanted to have a laugh at Lennon. No need to give them actual ideas on how to improve. Ffs. 

WorldChampions1902

Just been pumped at the echodome by "The Famous".

Languishing in bottom six.

A PR disaster in the making following the racist chant caught on TV and now doing the rounds on global media.

I wonder what Leeeeeeaaannnnn......... will be doing tonight?

IMG_7975.jpg

19 minutes ago, Coolio said:

FB_IMG_1546113703811.jpg

Tynecastle Valhalla

Pretty simple really

laat season their midfield three was mcgeouch, mcginn and scott allan

Which was v strong 

now it is very average 

Trapper John McIntyre

Lennon looks like he may be ready to walk. Tonight he seemed strangely devoid of his usual bile and snarl.

He was lucky he had McGinn and McGeouch to carry him through the last couple of years. He's been unable to replace them.

Cheerio.

Lennon has lost the dressing room

constantly blames the players and is still living out the Celtic past. 

I reckon hes waiting to get shoved rather than walk to get the pay off 

Hibs fans I speak to most days want him gone, weeks ago 

What's gone wrong? Well nothing really. 

Last season they had a freakishly good season, the type they usually have every 20 years or so (usually after a relegation /promotion cycle) 

This is the real Hibs, average at best, deluded abiur their standing and dropping their bottle on the Derby.... Again 

3 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

Lennon has lost the dressing room

constantly blames the players and is still living out the Celtic past. 

I reckon hes waiting to get shoved rather than walk to get the pay off 

Hibs fans I speak to most days want him gone, weeks ago 

Hope he's absolutely spitting with rage tonight.

:pleasing:

They've lost their best players

Simple really

Lennon has failed to build on the solid foundations of his predecessors

His best signings are Abrose (a bomscare) and Kamberi (A hothead 'Quelle suprise)

Mallen hits the odd worldy but it had to catch up with them eventually