Levein is not the answer mk2 ( merged )

Hood09

15 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

i get things wrong all the time mate,  in life and on here,  I'm only human and if I'm wrong I'll say so whats boring me is certain posters like franko and another bringing it out a year later off topic like some comfort blanket i said it, held my hands up we move on 

Some things are pretty unforgivable though and wanting Hibs to beat us is right up there. Unfortunately you’re just part of a wee group of fans who seem to hate Craig Levein more than they love Hearts which is pathetic. This thread is full of them. 

For the rest of us, last night was 100% pleasure.

:clyay:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Phil Dunphy

• Bull's-eye

• Pasquale for King

20 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I’m not disputing whether he held his hands up a year ago or not. Two days ago he tried to justify it and was rightly ripped apart on this thread by multiple posters for it. If he’d said “yeah that was a stupid thing to say and I said as much a year ago” then there would have been no issue ??

Frank you're boring us all now I'm no gonna continue to justify anything to you or anyone else on here?

On 22/12/2018 at 16:56, Hood09 said:

Enough is enough. Fans are continually putting funds into the club and he is just not the man to take us forward at all. Something has to be done so we can get a forward and progressive manager in the door so we can move forward. Defeat by Hibs and an exit to livi in the cup and the season is over. 

We need to get away from the cosy relationship Craig and Ann have and he needs to be taken to task on the dross we are seeing. 

On 22/12/2018 at 17:01, kila said:

He just can't make things happen with a weaker squad, not good enough.

Something is rotten right now and it isn't just injuries. Big improvement expected in January with Vanecek and Uche available but a derby to come first with players who look like they aren't playing for him much anymore.

On 22/12/2018 at 17:02, Ron Burgundy said:

Exactly. 

We can still win the league . Mathematically. 

Realistically I think we will be bottom six. He should walk. 

On 22/12/2018 at 17:02, Walter Bishop said:

Seriously?  The first 1/4 of the season has saved us from relegation given our form. We will finish bottom 6, no doubt about it.

On 22/12/2018 at 17:03, Class of 75 said:

We are 2 points from 9th, 2 goals in 10 games and 1 win in 10 games. Added to that we were thumped by a team  smaller than Falkirk. I think fans are justified to call for Levein to go.

On 22/12/2018 at 17:09, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

This form is brutal I have to admit and I have backed Craig this season mainly due to his health scare but time must be ticking now. Simply not good enough. 

On 22/12/2018 at 17:10, John mcCartney said:

levein is toxic,the sfa hold grudges

hmfc and its support should not be subject to this

On 22/12/2018 at 17:16, Broxburn_Jambo said:

Going by current form i suspect we would lose to Hamilton if we played them.

On 22/12/2018 at 17:35, tolcross lad said:

Almost 5 seasons under Levein and we are on the road to nowhere.

On 22/12/2018 at 17:45, OBAN JAMBO said:

He's a dinosaur with his tactics and no plan B, 6 points out off the next 2 games then get Clarke in, proven manager  who can work well with a limited budget

I find these posts from earlier in this thread to be rather humerous, as does our Craig

Total coincidence that our form has improved since getting 2 of our key players/leaders back in the starting 11.

Who of thought it eh.

4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I find these posts from earlier in this thread to be rather humerous, as does our Craig

What a sad little man 

Yes back on topic ????

3 hours ago, lewis2006 said:

Total coincidence that our form has improved since getting 2 of our key players/leaders back in the starting 11.

Who of thought it eh.

There was a good reason why Neil Lennon didn't take the option of asking for a postponement of the Derby.  At the moment we are still a bit light with Berra and Naismith just back. Had he got a postponement we would be at full strength by the time the game was eventually played. He obviously felt last night was his best option.

I'm really looking forward to the cup tie with Livingston the team will be all out to make them suffer for that freak result.

The second half of the season is looking very positive the Jambos are going to Europe.

Levein oot :rofl:

6 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

One paltry line of ''well done'', the rest of your post is just not how you react after beating your rivals.

You also fail to address Bogdan's fine save from Naismith, the penalty claim involving Clare, (debatable, but for me, a clear penalty). 

We won, we beat Hibs at ER. Enjoy it FFS. 

He can't!!!

rudi must stay

I believe Levein is absolutely the answer. I am very impressed with how he has turned things around in recent weeks, and he has made signings that suit this league to a tee. Well done to him

Last nights win and performance reminiscent of wins we had at ER in the 22 in a row era many of which Craig Levein will have been involved in. 

So "natural order "indeed-however a backs to the wall 1/0 being celebrated on here against a poor Hibs and used by some as justification to barrack those who question the present direction and leadership of the club  isn't helpful in unifying the support.

Point scoring over those who display a different view would be more suitable for the school play ground.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Last nights win and performance reminiscent of wins we had at ER in the 22 in a row era many of which Craig Levein will have been involved in. 

So "natural order "indeed-however a backs to the wall 1/0 being celebrated on here against a poor Hibs and used by some as justification to barrack those who question the present direction and leadership of the club  isn't helpful in unifying the support.

Point scoring over those who display a different view would be more suitable for the school play ground.

Passive aggressive I hate CL post but I'm clamped and hope livi beat us so I can go at it again - type post. 

Slagging our manager constantly and wanting him removed are more suitable for another clubs forum. 

5 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

As do I , but can't be bothered sifting through all the drivel. Well said

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Passive aggressive I hate CL post but I'm clamped and hope livi beat us so I can go at it again - type post. 

Slagging our manager constantly and wanting him removed are more suitable for another clubs forum. 

Image result for funny applause gif

9 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Liu-Kangs-Flawless-Victory-Over-Shang-Ts

Edited by To Be Frank

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Image result for funny applause gif

52 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Liu-Kangs-Flawless-Victory-Over-Shang-Ts

Oohhhh the banter. ?

As an adjunct, in the 22 in a row run we were utter pish 50 % of the time. Not as bad as Hubs were, but ‘eye-bleeding’ as some would say.... ?

2 hours ago, thewiseone said:

Were Hibs poor?

or

Did we make them look poor?

2 hours ago, thewiseone said:

I am delighted to point score against anyone claiming to be a Hearts fan that wants us to lose against the wee team in the hope our manager gets fired.  Will rub their noses in it all day long.  

22 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I am delighted to point score against anyone claiming to be a Hearts fan that wants us to lose against the wee team in the hope our manager gets fired.  Will rub their noses in it all day long.  

:spoton:

Great result last night. The defensive was magnificent, led by Berra. Naismith also superb. But we gave the ball away too easily and didn’t close down quickly enough in midfield: Clare the main culprit. We need more from him next year.

1 hour ago, Pilmuir said:

Great result last night. The defensive was magnificent, led by Berra. Naismith also superb. But we gave the ball away too easily and didn’t close down quickly enough in midfield: Clare the main culprit. We need more from him next year.

Bit harsh to single out Clare after such a superb result.

He did set up the winning goal, how was he closing down in midfield when he was mostly supposed to be  playing up front?

He also got in for a couple of chances - one a penalty (have watched it back and Ambrose kicks the sole of his boot)

He also put Naisy through for a chance just after half time.

Thought it was by far his best performance in a Hearts jersey,and hope it keeps going!!

Think he has had enough criticism already (most of it justified),but not on the back of first win at Fester Rd for 4 years!!!

All heroes!!

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Were Hibs poor?

or

Did we make them look poor?

Hibs just beat celtic there and drew with Rangers. 

What Hearts fan then down plays our first win there in 4 years, first away win by any team in 15 derbies. 

****ing weirdo. 

They then say they have no agenda. 

23 minutes ago, Zico said:

A hood is also another name for a foreskin. The harsher among you might call it a waste of skin. 

Is that no racist?  detrimental to others unethical religious practices ??

51 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

Is that no racist?  detrimental to others unethical religious practices ??

As an investigative journalist I feel it is my duty to pursue the tip-off I received in relation to the honorable member. ?

jambos are go!

I am a fan not a tactician but the tactic by Levein to give Hibs room on the wings and use a powerful back three to defend crosses against powder puff strikers worked a treat. 

14 hours ago, Jammy T said:

As an adjunct, in the 22 in a row run we were utter pish 50 % of the time. Not as bad as Hubs were, but ‘eye-bleeding’ as some would say.... ?

I think you meant "eye-watering" ;)

11 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Hibs just beat celtic there and drew with Rangers. 

What Hearts fan then down plays our first win there in 4 years, first away win by any team in 15 derbies. 

****ing weirdo. 

They then say they have no agenda. 

Hypocrites, the lot of them!

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Hypocrites, the lot of them!

Nah, bams. 

Hypocritics does them too much justice. 

Quite notable, after two wins several vocal posters have went quiet. 

Tragic, they actually seem to enjoy us getting beat more, can't understand that. 

1 hour ago, jambos are go! said:

I am a fan not a tactician but the tactic by Levein to give Hibs room on the wings and use a powerful back three to defend crosses against powder puff strikers worked a treat. 

I thought the way he put the 4 in midfield absolutely nullified their attacking threat, until Haring went off. 

The three they had in the middle had no space to create anything and it left them having to play hopeful long balls which the aforementioned back three just mopped up all day. 

Credit where credit is due, his tactics were spot on and the team were outstanding on the night. 

23 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Like all Hearts fans if I am wrong happy to be proved so and nothing is better than beating the vermin at Fester. However, the fact remains Levein presided over what is the worst result in living memory, was convincingly beaten by the bottom club and openly admitted to the media that he did not have a clue on how to improve. Are these conveniently being swept under the carpet? Hopefully post the   winter break the team improves and we start moving forward, but when smaller teams such as Livingston and Kilmarnock have better players despite our level of investment the fans are entitled to ask questions.

scott herbertson
11 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Like all Hearts fans if I am wrong happy to be proved so and nothing is better than beating the vermin at Fester. However, the fact remains Levein presided over what is the worst result in living memory, was convincingly beaten by the bottom club and openly admitted to the media that he did not have a clue on how to improve. Are these conveniently being swept under the carpet? Hopefully post the   winter break the team improves and we start moving forward, but when smaller teams such as Livingston and Kilmarnock have better players despite our level of investment the fans are entitled to ask questions.

Livingston and Kilmarnock don’t have better players than us do they?

10 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

You make good points.  Jim Jefferies, for example, oversaw us being beaten 4-0 by a lower league Falkirk and 6-2 by Hibs yet all folk remember is the historic 98 cup win.

Craig Levein could have us win the double this year but stuff that, Livingston beat us with a freak result and I'll stamp my feet until everyone takes note of my agenda and we get rid of Levein.

11 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

You make good points.  Jim Jefferies, for example, oversaw us being beaten 4-0 by a lower league Falkirk and 6-2 by Hibs yet all folk remember is the historic 98 cup win.

Craig Levein could have us win the double this year but stuff that, Livingston beat us with a freak result and I'll stamp my feet until everyone takes note of my agenda and we get rid of Levein.

Freak results happen. 

Aberdeen lost 5-1 at home to St Johnstone a couple of years ago. 

Can’t believe they didn’t sack McInnes?

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:49, To Be Frank said:

None of which are factual.

My first time posting on this thread and wonder what some people want. Probably Pep and Hearts playing fantasy football but that aint going to happen.

Without the unbelievable bad run of injuries we had I am convinced we would still be top.  

49 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Agreed - In early 85/86 season, St Mirren completely pumped us at Love Street, scoring 6 goals in the process. MacDonald and Jardine should have really been sacked there and then ... ?

52 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I hate to rain on your parade but Levein was the manager when we lost 4-0 to Falkirk in the Cup. Great result on Sat but the defeat to Livvy was the worst for many years and followed an insipid display and defeat to St Mirren. 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I WANT to rain on your parade but Levein was the manager when we lost 4-0 to Falkirk in the Cup. Great result on Sat but the defeat to Livvy was the worst for many years and followed an insipid display and defeat to St Mirren. 

FTFY

4 minutes ago, Marty-man said:

Agreed - In early 85/86 season, St Mirren completely pumped us at Love Street, scoring 6 goals in the process. MacDonald and Jardine should have really been sacked there and then ... ?

St Mirren at that time were regularly competing in Europe and would win the Scottish Cup the following year.  Hardly bears comparison to a newly promoted team. 

Just now, Barack said:

Have a day off, Enzo.

Enjoy your New Year's Eve.

I took Christmas off Barack and will gladly do so again tomorrow.  Enjoy your New Year too.

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

FTFY

Very good Notts but I'm sure you don't want Sir Jim Jefferies associated with a result for which he wasn't responsible. 

The difficulty is that if you are predicting the fall from grace of a manager you will certainly be correct at some point- if you wait long enough you will be proven correct.

Being +ve if by far the harder job.

Eventually Levein will be sacked, but that does not prove that he was rubbish at this given time.

I'd much rather have him as our manager than have him managing a rival. In my opinion, at this level he's a good manager who knows how to get results and has his teams competing at the right end of the table.

57 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I hate to rain on your parade but Levein was the manager when we lost 4-0 to Falkirk in the Cup. Great result on Sat but the defeat to Livvy was the worst for many years and followed an insipid display and defeat to St Mirren. 

Yer, a clown, give up please, please ??

2 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

:notsure:

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

St Mirren at that time were regularly competing in Europe and would win the Scottish Cup the following year.  Hardly bears comparison to a newly promoted team. 

A newly promoted team who had beaten Rangers and Hibs and drew with Celtic in the previous few weeks ?

26 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

A newly promoted team who had beaten Rangers and Hibs and drew with Celtic in the previous few weeks ?

The Livingston performance/result was a shocker mate. Not really one that can be justified I wouldn't have thought 

Thankfully the last 2 games have been far more akin to what we'd expect. Saturday was a great way to end the year 

FTH 

• davemclaren locked this topic