Scottish Cup Ticketing Details

Clerry Jambo

7 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Was this money making initiative only for a limited time..?

If so that's great and we can go back to the status quo. I don't know anyone who bought into this.

The amount of money our club pulls in based on our attendances must be at record levels. 

3 seasons so it finishes after next season. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

The different stand bit is fair enough imo as we clearly don’t believe we’ll get enough to fill all three stands and it makes no sense to pay for extra stewarding to have people scattered over the stadium. 

The ‘guarantee your sear initiative’ was done to help raise money for the new stand but I doubt it raised a really significant amount. The club probably regrets it now given the hassle it has caused. Only one more season to go though. ?

Regarding only opening certain stands, I understand the rationale of saving money on stewarding, but wonder if we might actually lose out on more in income than we're saving in costs, through some fans deciding not to go because they can't sit where they'd want to. For example, I only knew I was able to go to the Inverness league cup tie a day or teo before it, but when I looked on etickets, there were only a small amount left in the bottom corners of the main stand, plus the Gorgie stand. As I'm not keen on sitting right down the front, or behind the goals, I decided to not bother going, and watch it on the telly instead. Had the Wheatfield been open, I'd have bought a ticket and gone to the game, and I suspect I'm not the only one in that boat. I appreciate it's a difficult one for the club though, as the savings are easily quantifiable, while the potential loss of income isn't. 

Regarding the seat guarantee, I bought that package (for my Wheatfield seat!) but I was more interested in the season ticket price freeze and assisting with the main stand fundraising. I personally wouldn't be bothered if the club wanted to bring an early end to the seat guarantee part. I'm not actually getting the benefit of it very often anyway, given that they regularly don't open the Wheatfield. Obviously, I can't speak for anyone else that bought the package! 

41 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Regarding only opening certain stands, I understand the rationale of saving money on stewarding, but wonder if we might actually lose out on more in income than we're saving in costs, through some fans deciding not to go because they can't sit where they'd want to. For example, I only knew I was able to go to the Inverness league cup tie a day or teo before it, but when I looked on etickets, there were only a small amount left in the bottom corners of the main stand, plus the Gorgie stand. As I'm not keen on sitting right down the front, or behind the goals, I decided to not bother going, and watch it on the telly instead. Had the Wheatfield been open, I'd have bought a ticket and gone to the game, and I suspect I'm not the only one in that boat. I appreciate it's a difficult one for the club though, as the savings are easily quantifiable, while the potential loss of income isn't. 

Regarding the seat guarantee, I bought that package (for my Wheatfield seat!) but I was more interested in the season ticket price freeze and assisting with the main stand fundraising. I personally wouldn't be bothered if the club wanted to bring an early end to the seat guarantee part. I'm not actually getting the benefit of it very often anyway, given that they regularly don't open the Wheatfield. Obviously, I can't speak for anyone else that bought the package! 

Fair comments. 

16 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Will be lucky to get 10000 Budge has lost a lot of the support one way or another.

the sooner she loses you for ever the better

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The different stand bit is fair enough imo as we clearly don’t believe we’ll get enough to fill all three stands and it makes no sense to pay for extra stewarding to have people scattered over the stadium. 

The ‘guarantee your sear initiative’ was done to help raise money for the new stand but I doubt it raised a really significant amount. The club probably regrets it now given the hassle it has caused. Only one more season to go though. ?

Wonder if the money saved on stewards is beneficial, given i know a few fans that would normally get tickets but due to not sitting next to mates or normal fans around  then end up leaving it late and end up not bothering to go.  

This happened for the league cup games earlier this season.  

I guess its hard to measure unless a poll went out by the club asking what is preferred option for cup games.   

Edit... to add £15 is a great price and at £5 my 3yo may be attending her third game of the season. 

Edited by Elshin

19 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I remembee the days when cup ganes usually got higher crowds. Season tickets not being valid and the downgrading of cup competitions has put paid to that. 

Me too Dave - the cup games were the 'Big' games that we looked forward to.

been here before
14 minutes ago, JCR said:

3. I got a seat in PR row 21. ?

D8-B7-FD14-B16-B-4-B8-C-8816-C58-D0-D3-A

3 LPs for 15 quid and a home game on a Sunday is not bad given that Saturdays 26 quid ticket and 200 mile round traipse up to Aberdeen is netting only 5.

I trust all those hard luck tales on the derby ticket thread of not having enough points through being 2 short or 'using the cash gate at Perth/Motherwell/Hamilton' will be all over these tickets so as to avoid any future ticket heartbreak...

portobellojambo1
8 hours ago, Section Q said:

Was this money making initiative only for a limited time..?

If so that's great and we can go back to the status quo. I don't know anyone who bought into this.

The amount of money our club pulls in based on our attendances must be at record levels. 

I did, I saw it as a way of getting a little extra money into the club, whether or not it helped in any way that I don't know. Picked up my ticket for the Livingston cup game about an hour ago. No idea what sort of seat it is, but don't really care about that part.

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I did, I saw it as a way of getting a little extra money into the club, whether or not it helped in any way that I don't know. Picked up my ticket for the Livingston cup game about an hour ago. No idea what sort of seat it is, but don't really care about that part.

I think that’s why mist folk did this or the ‘loyalty card’ option. Basically a donation. 

4 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Bully for you pal. Ann will be so pleased.

I agree that most people paid the money for the price freeze and guranteed seat as a donation. However, it was a GUARANTEE, and as such is a contract. if you paid your money you are "guranateed" your seat.

My main issue with this situation is that they have opened the wrong stand. The prevailing wind is from the west, the Wheatfield stand is protected from the west, the Main stand is open to the prevailing wind, rain or snow. The low sun will be coming from the west, into the eyes of spectators. The viewing spectacle is more comfortable from the Wheatfield.

I suspect the main stand was selected as that is where the DIrectors box is located.

The Treasurer
39 minutes ago, H2 said:

I agree that most people paid the money for the price freeze and guranteed seat as a donation. However, it was a GUARANTEE, and as such is a contract. if you paid your money you are "guranateed" your seat.

My main issue with this situation is that they have opened the wrong stand. The prevailing wind is from the west, the Wheatfield stand is protected from the west, the Main stand is open to the prevailing wind, rain or snow. The low sun will be coming from the west, into the eyes of spectators. The viewing spectacle is more comfortable from the Wheatfield.

I suspect the main stand was selected as that is where the DIrectors box is located.

Also  a full main stand will look better on TV

I’m Tim slightly dim,I took up the 3year price freeze deal which I did look upon as a donation,yesterday I noticed my seat for the Cup game has been reserved for me 

(Wheatfield) will I be the only one sitting in the stand will I get keys to open up will I be safe?

30 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Also you can't shut a stand that has just cost 20Million to put up!!

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

It would look a bit odd on TV if no-one was sitting there right enough. 

Just now, The Treasurer said:

Anyone else having problems getting onto  etickets for this 

I can get in, but available seats are showing as price unavailable.

linda.bisset100
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Anyone else having problems getting onto  etickets for this 

I got through on the phone first time.

On 19/12/2018 at 10:28, FarmerTweedy said:

It's a good opportunity to sit somewhere different. Main Stand for first time for some. 

People in old main stand lost their seats when it was demolished. 

Wheatfield is likely to be opened. So you can always just wait. 

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Get own seat shocker 

Havent lost out on 'MAH SEET' since the New Stand opened.

Creature of habit.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Havent lost out on 'MAH SEET' since the New Stand opened.

Creature of habit.

First time for me but always been close enough. 

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

First time for me but always been close enough. 

Good stuff.

I like my ST seat.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a good opportunity to sit somewhere different. Main Stand for first time for some. 

People in old main stand lost their seats when it was demolished. 

Wheatfield is likely to be opened. So you can always just wait. 

I asked and was told it’s likely that Roseburn will go on sale before Wheatfield so needs 13,000+ sold before Wheatfield opens. 

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I asked and was told it’s likely that Roseburn will go on sale before Wheatfield so needs 13,000+ sold before Wheatfield opens. 

Which is unlikely, as a similar cup game on the BBC v Aberdeen drew 13,595 in 2016, and that included a full Roseburn of Aberdeen fans. 

Francis Albert
On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 17:16, heartsfc_fan said:

£15 is great but why not open the Main Stand and Wheatfield first?

Opening Main and Gorgie only gives us about 10,500 seats to sell. Whereas Main and Wheatfield gives us 13,000 initially which will probably be sufficient and will save us having to open up another stand.

Gorgie suite hospitality can sit in Section A of Wheatfield.

Oddly Gorgie Suite hospitality isn't mentioned in the announcement, just Main Stand hospitality.

It is also slightly odd after the recent flap over standing that accompanying photo shows a section of the crowd where about 90% are standing. Probably applauding a goal or player coming off but still a bit strange,

44 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Oddly Gorgie Suite hospitality isn't mentioned in the announcement, just Main Stand hospitality.

It is also slightly odd after the recent flap over standing that accompanying photo shows a section of the crowd where about 90% are standing. Probably applauding a goal or player coming off but still a bit strange,

The Gorgie Club

• Arrival from 12:30pm
  • Hot bowl food
  • Half time refreshments
  • Access to a private cash bar
  • Departure one hour after the final whistle

Match ticket in the Gorgie Stand included
Priced at £25 (+ VAT)

Francis Albert
41 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The Gorgie Club

• Arrival from 12:30pm
  • Hot bowl food
  • Half time refreshments
  • Access to a private cash bar
  • Departure one hour after the final whistle

Match ticket in the Gorgie Stand included
Priced at £25 (+ VAT)

Thanks. I didn't recognise that as  Gorgie Suite hospitality, though the reference to the Gorgie Stand was a clue!

2 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

Same here. Looking forward to the butler service :lol: 

Me to, I hear that the winners lounge luxury is loosely based on the premium seat service.