Scottish Cup Ticketing Details

Clerry Jambo

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

15 squids alright. Should get a decent turnout.

yip very sensible pricing between the clubs, will probably mean a few more livvy punters aswell

£15 isn’t bad, actually. 

However, keen to know what the script is with season ticket holders in N. What with the ban on match tickets for league games. 

£15 is great but why not open the Main Stand and Wheatfield first?

Opening Main and Gorgie only gives us about 10,500 seats to sell. Whereas Main and Wheatfield gives us 13,000 initially which will probably be sufficient and will save us having to open up another stand.

Gorgie suite hospitality can sit in Section A of Wheatfield.

portobellojambo1
10 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Opening Main and Gorgie only gives us about 10,500 seats to sell. Whereas Main and Wheatfield gives us 13,000 initially which will probably be sufficient and will save us having to open up another stand.

I'm not too sure about only opening two of the stands to home supporters. In the home league game with them we attracted a crowd of just under 18,000, and there is no reason why we cannot get that again (I'm guessing Livingston will be given a couple of blocks in the Roseburn). The prices are very decent, but again I think it might have been better to open up the whole stadium.

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm not too sure about only opening two of the stands to home supporters. In the home league game with them we attracted a crowd of just under 18,000, and there is no reason why we cannot get that again (I'm guessing Livingston will be given a couple of blocks in the Roseburn). The prices are very decent, but again I think it might have been better to open up the whole stadium.

Agree PJ pricing will ensure a decent turnout 

9 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

No way are we getting 18000 or anywhere close. Game is live on council telly and cup games always get lower crowds, at least in the first couple of rounds. Guess max of 12000, although would love to be proved wrong

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

No way are we getting 18000 or anywhere close. Game is live on council telly and cup games always get lower crowds, at least in the first couple of rounds. Guess max of 12000, although would love to be proved wrong

I remembee the days when cup ganes usually got higher crowds. Season tickets not being valid and the downgrading of cup competitions has put paid to that. 

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Great point

Shanks said no

Am I reading this right?

Wheatfield ST holders have first dibs on my MS seat even though I wasn’t able to buy a top up?

Supporters with season tickets in the Wheatfield Stand will be given the first choice of seats* in the Main Stand and Gorgie Stand during this period. (*Apart from seats that are held for existing season ticket holders who have purchased the seat guarantee/price freeze in these stands).

its my seat !

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

5 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Am I reading this right?

Wheatfield ST holders have first dibs on my MS seat even though I wasn’t able to buy a top up?

Supporters with season tickets in the Wheatfield Stand will be given the first choice of seats* in the Main Stand and Gorgie Stand during this period. (*Apart from seats that are held for existing season ticket holders who have purchased the seat guarantee/price freeze in these stands).

its my seat !

Pretty much the way it is tbh. Personally I don't mind if some poor ****er wants to trek up to row 29 and let me enjoy the scenery from elsewhere. As long as you're in sharp however, you should be able to get the seat no problem 

*edit Forget it, I thought tickets went on sale to all ST holders at the same time 

Edited by Thommo414

35 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Am I reading this right?

its my seat !

No. 

Wheatfield season ticket holders who bought the cup option will get first pick. 

You may think that Dave, but support is dwindling due to her not dealing with the footballing side, plus her poor handling of our bread and butter, the fans.

Just now, Lfhearts said:

You may think that Dave, but support is dwindling due to her not dealing with the footballing side, plus her poor handling of our bread and butter, the fans.

Support ebbs and flows with team performance and always has. 

28 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

What is it she isn't doing with regards dealing with the footballing side?

Bit crap that as a season ticket holder in the whetfield who wants to take the bairn I need to wait till after xmas to buy the tickets.

Would have liked to give him it as part of his xmas.

portobellojambo1
20 minutes ago, graygo said:

Bit crap that as a season ticket holder in the whetfield who wants to take the bairn I need to wait till after xmas to buy the tickets.

Would have liked to give him it as part of his xmas.

Are you not able to purchase tickets from Friday, 21 December, or is it restricted to one ticket per account during sales to ST holders ?

7 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Are you not able to purchase tickets from Friday, 21 December, or is it restricted to one ticket per account during sales to ST holders ?

I'm assuming it's one per ST, will try it on Friday although looks like I could have bought my own ticke tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Can understand why Wheatfield top ups would be given first crack but not Joe Bloggs

Considering the crowd this game is likely to attract I reckon they should just put it straight to general sale with the top ups seats reserved.

portobellojambo1
56 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm assuming it's one per ST, will try it on Friday although looks like I could have bought my own ticke tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm going to pop round for mine tomorrow on the way home from work. I haven't a clue where I'll be offered a ticket for, i.e. what compares with Platinum in the Wheatfield, but as long as the seat is inside the ground and I can see the pitch from it that meets all requirements :)

SectionDJambo
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I remembee the days when cup ganes usually got higher crowds. Season tickets not being valid and the downgrading of cup competitions has put paid to that. 

You’re right there.

The first cup ties used to be eagerly anticipated as every clubs chance for a wee bit of glory. Almost a fresh start to the season, when the team’s league position was safe, but disappointing.

I remember early home ties with Kilmarnock, Clyde, St Johnstone, Airdrie, Patrick, and other less fashionable teams, attracting very decent crowds.

Season ticket entry certainly made a difference and was a wee bonus to giving the club a cash boost at the end of the summer.

This game falls right on my old mans 70th birthday so I’m treating him to hospitality with a couple of his friends. It’ll cement my position at the top of the favourite child league. 

5 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Previous years have seen season ticket holders having first option on their allocated seats. I feel that the club, by charging an upfront fee for this now is wrong. I also think some season ticket holders are less likely to attend cup games, and the difference in attendance isn't offset by the few people who pay upfront for the privilege. 

Shanks said no
3 hours ago, been here before said:

No its not.

3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Correct

I was joking, anyone is welcome to my seat in S lower, just make sure you don't bang the perspex or the bolts will pop out again.

4 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Am I reading this right?

its my seat !

It's the club's seat, and as I'm a (very minor) shareholder, that actually means that something like a millionth of your seat is actually mine! Don't you dare fart on that bit!

Shanks said no
6 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It's the club's seat, and as I'm a (very minor) shareholder, that actually means that something like a millionth of your seat is actually mine! Don't you dare fart on that bit!

yawn

12 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm a shareholder too but the club shouldn't add a surcharge for me to sit in my usual seat for cup games. Hope they see sense in this. The Livi game's on the box and they should be encouraging fans to come along. 

Doctor FinnBarr

Thinking about taking the wife to hospitality for this as part of her birthday ( I'm taking her to Torremolinos for 5 nights the day after) but never having done hospitality before I'm just wondering what the script is for having a fag, anyone advise?

20 minutes ago, bikerjambo said:

Thinking about taking the wife to hospitality for this as part of her birthday ( I'm taking her to Torremolinos for 5 nights the day after) but never having done hospitality before I'm just wondering what the script is for having a fag, anyone advise?

Not sure if it is official but most folks in the Gorgie suite just smoke outside the main entrance to the suite...

59 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I'm a shareholder too but the club shouldn't add a surcharge for me to sit in my usual seat for cup games. Hope they see sense in this. The Livi game's on the box and they should be encouraging fans to come along. 

It is a strange premium that doesn’t quite work. I would be a bit miffed if I had paid this and sit in the Wheatfield.

Doctor FinnBarr
10 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Not sure if it is official but most folks in the Gorgie suite just smoke outside the main entrance to the suite...

That'll do me mate, thanks

9 hours ago, Section Q said:

This.

I somethings think the current board forget how attached fans are to the club.  Its not just a 'seat' its your own little part of tynie.  Strangers round you become guys to chat to if you spot them away from games.  We sit in a large group and it was great before, you logged on, got your seat and knew x amount of mates would be around.  Now you have to pre arrange to buy tickets as a group.

I just think its a poor way of working, give season ticket holders a little back, first choice on a seat you pay £350-400 a year on for a couple games is not too much to ask for.  And then when you do pay more to get this privilege you are told you can buy a seat in another stand. 

This is just a wee bit shambolic now. 

Telling paying customers that they have to wait and see what’s left before buying their tickets on the first day of sale is just baffling. 

The Treasurer
13 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

A handful of arseholes who haven't grown up are hardly the clubs "bread and butter"

9 minutes ago, Elshin said:

This.

I somethings think the current board forget how attached fans are to the club.  Its not just a 'seat' its your own little part of tynie.  Strangers round you become guys to chat to if you spot them away from games.  We sit in a large group and it was great before, you logged on, got your seat and knew x amount of mates would be around.  Now you have to pre arrange to buy tickets as a group.

I just think its a poor way of working, give season ticket holders a little back, first choice on a seat you pay £350-400 a year on for a couple games is not too much to ask for.  And then when you do pay more to get this privilege you are told you can buy a seat in another stand. 

The different stand bit is fair enough imo as we clearly don’t believe we’ll get enough to fill all three stands and it makes no sense to pay for extra stewarding to have people scattered over the stadium. 

The ‘guarantee your sear initiative’ was done to help raise money for the new stand but I doubt it raised a really significant amount. The club probably regrets it now given the hassle it has caused. Only one more season to go though. ?

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The different stand bit is fair enough imo as we clearly don’t believe we’ll get enough to fill all three stands and it makes no sense to pay for extra stewarding to have people scattered over the stadium. 

The ‘guarantee your sear initiative’ was done to help raise money for the new stand but I doubt it raised a really significant amount. The club probably regrets it now given the hassle it has caused. Only one more season to go though. ?

Was this money making initiative only for a limited time..?

If so that's great and we can go back to the status quo. I don't know anyone who bought into this.

The amount of money our club pulls in based on our attendances must be at record levels.