Sackable performance?

LarrysRightFoot

iwasthere1954
57 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

People forget that our run at the start of the season coincided with playing the so-called weaker teams in the league. Most of the games were won by fine margins. Most of us knew that, regardless of injuries, Oct/Nov would be the acid test. We failed and any Hearts manager who presides over a 5- scud defeat to Livvy, having signed 18 players, deserves to be booted out.

Greig, Miller, McNeill were all trophy...European trophy at that ..winning club legends at the OF and Aberdeen. Pat Stanton at Hibs too. All of them were booted out for under achievement,  yet a small section, but noisy JKB element,  of our support have a weird obsession with protecting Levein, a man who has won the square root of nought in his career. Bizarre behaviour. 

Don't always agree with you but on this occasion you have hit the spot.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dustybin

• Seymour M Hersh

• Peebo

• Chuck Berry

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jambali said:

Firstly, we need to get him off the board at the AGM.

This.  And then AB to fire him at the end of the season and get a"coach". He brought Cathro in and when  you thought it couldn't get worse, it did. 

EastSideJambo
1 hour ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Forget tonight's performance. What about the 5 - 0 at Parkhead or the 2 - 0 at Paisley. They are all adding up.

Yes they are 

Livi are well coached, well organised, have a great team spirit and get the best out of the players and resources at their disposal. They deserve great credit for that. Sadly tonights result was not unexpected although the score has got to be alarming. The coaching at our club needs to take a new direction, this weeks instruction on the training field will be the same as last week because that is all our bootroom of coach's know. Safe passing, poor movement, stay back, don't lose football. Our most influential player, the one we have missed most, Naismith is immune to such instruction and plays his own game and players round him have responded to that. From the moment he limped off at Murrayfield we have not kicked a ball and our coaching staff have no answers. We need a new coach with his own people if CL has to leave for that to happen so be it, nobody is bigger than the club.

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, iwasthere1954 said:

For god sake I cannot believe you are defending that performance tonight. If Levein is not to blame . Who is. This team did not pick itself. 

That's because I'm not. 

Nothing to see here. Sweep sweep. Levein needs time, Levein needs transfer windows, Levein needs the support to be patient and back him. What a complete farce. Some Hearts supporters zip right up the back. 

2 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Nothing to see here. Sweep sweep. Levein needs time, Levein needs transfer windows, Levein needs the support to be patient and back him. What a complete farce. Some Hearts supporters zip right up the back. 

Levein is untouchable at Hearts when he does feck this up he'll be put back upstairs 

The turnover in players at this club is farcical and has cost the club a fortune 

4 hours ago, Skacelsid said:

Livi are well coached, well organised, have a great team spirit and get the best out of the players and resources at their disposal. They deserve great credit for that. Sadly tonights result was not unexpected although the score has got to be alarming. The coaching at our club needs to take a new direction, this weeks instruction on the training field will be the same as last week because that is all our bootroom of coach's know. Safe passing, poor movement, stay back, don't lose football. Our most influential player, the one we have missed most, Naismith is immune to such instruction and plays his own game and players round him have responded to that. From the moment he limped off at Murrayfield we have not kicked a ball and our coaching staff have no answers. We need a new coach with his own people if CL has to leave for that to happen so be it, nobody is bigger than the club.

Some fans dismiss the Celtic matches because we aren’t expected to win them. 

Losing heavily affects belief and confidence in some and it doesn’t matter who it’s against. But to some supporters your meant to swat it off then go out and skelp the St Johnstone’s, Livingston’s etc...

Thats far from me making excuses for the manager and players btw.

The reaction has been poor from all quarters but it started from those cagey Celtic performances. 

Its highlighted our lack of character across the squad, lack in quality depth and put pressure on the few stand up players left to fight it out. 

Edited by Debut 4

7 hours ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Picked that team of spineless shitehawks. Last season he gave the young guys a chance and they did ok. This season he has forgotten the enthusiasm they bring to the game. After 10 minutes it was obvious that Haring could not cope with the surface and proceeded to run around like a headless chicken. I like Haring but the coach should know when a player is struggling. Iv'e followed Hearts for over 65 years but that was as poor a performance as I have seen in a long time. The coach has to take responsability.  

Yes he picked them but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I very much doubt that he knew that the ***** would throw the towel in like that.

9 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

The worst capitulation after going down to 10 men I have ever seen.

What about Motherwell losing 7 to rangers few weeks ago

Ask Billy Davis he saw it.A club that is not run to be successful. If we are happy for our money to be wasted than why worry. Budge and company must go.

8 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Hard to argue with any of that. 

EDIT: Although why he got sent off is anyones guess. Was hardly even a soft foul. 

It’s not hard. To suggest we should release Djoum is simply ridiculous. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, magicTs said:

Deary me. The idea of people disagreeing with you really bothers you.

9 hours ago, iantjambo said:

What did the manager do wrong tonight?

Who do you think has bled the tactics into the team of this ball always going backwards to the defence 

killing game time and hoofing it up the field  ? In Craig’s reign as national coach the team were hounded for underachieving . Are you saying he has nothing to do with our current form ?  He is the coach who effectively is our 12 th man   I’m seek of hearing a but we’re missing him and him we are playing poor football with underachieving players picked by whom ?  Oh the manager 

C L had till Xmas.This was to be a great season with youngsters.How many played last night.We just had to watch the Raith Game and the luck continued.We have the worst team in the SPFL

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Boab1874 said:

C L had till Xmas.This was to be a great season with youngsters.How many played last night.We just had to watch the Raith Game and the luck continued.We have the worst team in the SPFL

You're trying too hard. Your shite trolling is too bloody obvious.

2 minutes ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

Who do you think has bled the tactics into the team of this ball always going backwards to the defence 

killing game time and hoofing it up the field  ? In Craig’s reign as national coach the team were hounded for underachieving . Are you saying he has nothing to do with our current form ?  He is the coach who effectively is our 12 th man   I’m seek of hearing a but we’re missing him and him we are playing poor football with underachieving players picked by whom ?  Oh the manager 

I’m not saying that the manager is blameless at all.

However, it was the team that let us down last night and not the manager. We were hanging on for a decent point against a team who have been fairly formidable at home this season until the players decided to throw the towel in completely.

That’s not the managers fault, I doubt he would’ve have expected them to capitulate as badly as that.

Our form overall however, needs to be explained by the manager.

letsalldothebeattie

Sack the shower that took to the pitch. That’s the most gutless & cowardly performance I’ve seen of a team in the famous jersey. 

It's going to be fine when our player manager comes back v Aberdeen.The man who is present every coaching session and dictates tactics  and motivates the players middle to front in every game he is involved.

Ministry of Football
10 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

To be fair to Levein, he has turned us round after the cathro debacle. However, he's got to take a big chunk of the blame tonight. Most (maybe all?) Of those players, he signed and the majority aren't good enough. 

Clare, McLean, Lee and Wighton shouldn't be anywhere near a Hearts jersey and I'm starting to lose patience with Mitchell. Bar his shot that hit the post, he contributes very little, is too weak and lightweight and he had a hand in at least 2 of their goals. 

Yet another big rebuilding job on the cards. 

It was of course Levein who subjected us to Cathro in the first place. 

This is not just about last night. It is about the squad that has been built now, including spending hard cash on Wighton and Clare. We are regressing at full pace now.... 

Its also about Levein's total inability to motivate and manage a team, minus some injuries. This is astonishing. 

Will it take bottom six, before some on her finally wake up. 

Enough is enough..... 

Pantwetters are out in force.

We are in a race for the European spots with a number of key players due to return in the next month and a new striker set to join. 

12 hours ago, jake said:

Colin I'm not usually on Leveins case.

But that's it for me.

That wasn't Levein.

My reading is that after another crucial, dubious decision (it was never a yellow) on top of what's gone by recently, they just chucked it after their second goal!  Totally unacceptable from the players.

To say the players aren't playing for Levein is arrant nonsense.  What about the battle against Motherwell just days before.  The loss of Clevid was crucial and I'm afraid Hughes was way off the pace. Plus they started the second half well and should have gone ahead.  Then we had that dumb play by Bobby and we flung everyone forward only to get caught on the break and, it was then that some of the players just seemed to chuck it.

I'll wait to see the reaction in the next game but, again, if you really look at it in the cold light of day, there is no way you can blame Levein for that shambles in just a few minutes, unless of course the rock dwellers hold sway.

3 hours ago, DVB said:

We are in a race for the European spots with a number of key players due to return in the next month and a new striker set to join. 

There are some who must have a terrible rash down there, because it seems their pants are always wet, or worse.

Thank God the internet doesn't yet provide the ability to smell over the ethernet.

4 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Sack the shower that took to the pitch. That’s the most gutless & cowardly performance I’ve seen of a team in the famous jersey. 

Ah, so you weren't there in 73, plus numerous occasions v the Old Firm over the past 50 years, or Falkirk, or the 6-2 game at Easter Road etc. etc.

As I've said, the next game is key!!!

Ministry of Football
2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Ah, so you weren't there in 73, plus numerous occasions v the Old Firm over the past 50 years, or Falkirk, or the 6-2 game at Easter Road etc. etc.

As I've said, the next game is key!!!

Then what... 

You always tend to be happy with our current management setup, no matter how low the team sinks. 

Next week, next window, next season... 

Where do we draw the line. 

ToadKiller Dog

Levein should be given the full season unless the decline steeps. 

But it's clear the players confidence is fragile, maybe it is in part to the cumlative effect of constant poor/biased (take your pick) refs going against us plus the constant injuries (that needs investigated). 

That said its no excuse for the magnatude of the collapse last night that was unprofessional. 

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, Boab1874 said:

Ask Billy Davis he saw it.A club that is not run to be successful. If we are happy for our money to be wasted than why worry. Budge and company must go.

:rofl:

26 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

Then what... 

You always tend to be happy with our current management setup, no matter how low the team sinks. 

Next week, next window, next season... 

Where do we draw the line. 

Good question!

However, the fact is that many drew the line when Levein was appointed and just lie in wait to harp on about it every time we hit hard times.

I'll say it again, for anyone to say, as has been said, that Levein has "lost" the players is complete, total, utter codswallop.  They fought in the Well game a few days before.

Last night, in that last 15 mins or so, was totally unacceptable but, up until Bobby's brainstorm, we were playing much better after Levein's changes.  You cannot discount yet another poor decision from the match official and, the loss of Dikamona, especially as Hughes was invisible - his worst performance in a Hearts jersey.

Also, as I've said, the next game will tell us more than that shambles in the last 15.

10 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

But it's clear the players confidence is fragile, maybe it is in part to the cumlative effect of constant poor/biased (take your pick) refs going against us plus the constant injuries (that needs investigated). 

That said its no excuse for the magnatude of the collapse last night that was unprofessional. 

Clear, concise and correct!

Ministry of Football
19 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

I previously thought the same but I didn't actually think we could sink this low. Enough is enough, there is a world full of managers out there and Hearts are still a club big enough to attract high quality candidates. 

We are an absolute shambles just now. It is the managers responsibility to anticipate injuries and create a squad professional enough to overcome them. 

Levein has had windows, he has spent our money and we have Clare, Wighton and some kids, getting a game just now. 

Levein and all his management cronies must now go. No upstairs, complete change. 

Edited by Ministry of Football

26 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

I previously thought the same but I didn't actually think we could sink this low. Enough is enough, there is a world full of managers out there and Hearts are still a club big enough to attract high quality candidates. 

We are an absolute shambles just now. It is the managers responsibility to anticipate injuries and create a squad professional enough to overcome them. 

Levein has had windows, he has spent our money and we have Clare, Wighton and some kids, getting a game just now. 

Levein and all his management cronies must now go. No upstairs, complete change. 

Clear, concise and correct! 

Levein should have a look at himself 

The players must take real responsibility but so must he .... the constant change of tactics players out of position 

Does he ever admit he gets it wrong ??

Beginning to think he is clueless 

2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

That wasn't Levein.

My reading is that after another crucial, dubious decision (it was never a yellow) on top of what's gone by recently, they just chucked it after their second goal!  Totally unacceptable from the players.

To say the players aren't playing for Levein is arrant nonsense.  What about the battle against Motherwell just days before.  The loss of Clevid was crucial and I'm afraid Hughes was way off the pace. Plus they started the second half well and should have gone ahead.  Then we had that dumb play by Bobby and we flung everyone forward only to get caught on the break and, it was then that some of the players just seemed to chuck it.

I'll wait to see the reaction in the next game but, again, if you really look at it in the cold light of day, there is no way you can blame Levein for that shambles in just a few minutes, unless of course the rock dwellers hold sway.

You come across as a complete, pompous, self opinionated erse.  This is a very ordinary squad (and that's being generous) that when Naismith is playing, don't look like it  could score in a brothel.  The tactics are awful and that combination makes for dire , dire football. So you and your ilk can pontificate to the rock dwellers and pant wetters but the match day comments on here speak for themselves and last week said it all. If you're OK with CL/team/squad then good for you. But there are many who are not and it isn't all a gut to reaction to another dire display that was going nowhere last night until CL was handed a Get Out of Jail card.  

8 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I’m not saying that the manager is blameless at all.

However, it was the team that let us down last night and not the manager. We were hanging on for a decent point against a team who have been fairly formidable at home this season until the players decided to throw the towel in completely.

That’s not the managers fault, I doubt he would’ve have expected them to capitulate as badly as that.

Our form overall however, needs to be explained by the manager.

However he is responsible for recruitment and he picks the team . Hmm ?? 

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You come across as a complete, pompous, self opinionated erse.  This is a very ordinary squad (and that's being generous) that when Naismith is playing, don't look like it  could score in a brothel.  The tactics are awful and that combination makes for dire , dire football. So you and your ilk can pontificate to the rock dwellers and pant wetters but the match day comments on here speak for themselves and last week said it all. If you're OK with CL/team/squad then good for you. But there are many who are not and it isn't all a gut to reaction to another dire display that was going nowhere last night until CL was handed a Get Out of Jail card.  

So, if someone doesn't agree that the start to this season was a pure fluke and nothing to do with the players Levein signed and that the injuries and some of the worst refereeing decisions we've ever seen haven't impacted recent results, they're "a complete, pompous, self-opinionated arse"???

Nothing but the truth in the above!  Not opinion - fact!

Amazing how when someone's pointing the finger, there's three pointing straight back, which makes you that to the power of three.

Hearts lost 6-2 at Love Street in 1985/6. It was a shocking performance. It would seem that some of you would have howled for Alex MacDonald to be sacked. The absolute worst thing to do after a dreadful result is to knee jerk .IMHO

EastSideJambo
33 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Hearts lost 6-2 at Love Street in 1985/6. It was a shocking performance. It would seem that some of you would have howled for Alex MacDonald to be sacked. The absolute worst thing to do after a dreadful result is to knee jerk .IMHO

That comparison being made here is truly insane 

On 14/12/2018 at 19:41, Dennis Law said:

The Levein lovers should smell the coffee the tinkerman has seriously shown his true colours tonight. Has tinkered with neilson and Cathro  rode his luck since the start of the season and the dreamers have fell for his wisdom which has been evident in recent weeks. Lucky at best incompetent in reality let’s get a real manager in and let’s not dream with a steamer

With you, Sir, AB says she has nae clue, but sticks with CL who she loved as a player - I also loved CL the player, but he's ruining our team and we're now going backwards - Queen Anne has saved us, re-invigorated our club and Tynie in general,  I'm now with DL - not sure what the answer is but we're crying out for a real manager, so I've added that to my list for Santa :pimp:

GorgieRules22
3 hours ago, Wilson said:

It’s not knee jerk though is it ? Our results of late have been pretty hopeless and the players don’t seem to be playing for the manager, I’d seriously give him the next three games to change our performances. Defeat to Aberdeen and Hibs and he loses my backing.

23 hours ago, DVB said:

But we were played off the park and thumped by Livingston. On our current form we will be lucky to make top 6. 

19 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Good question!

However, the fact is that many drew the line when Levein was appointed and just lie in wait to harp on about it every time we hit hard times.

I'll say it again, for anyone to say, as has been said, that Levein has "lost" the players is complete, total, utter codswallop.  They fought in the Well game a few days before.

Last night, in that last 15 mins or so, was totally unacceptable but, up until Bobby's brainstorm, we were playing much better after Levein's changes.  You cannot discount yet another poor decision from the match official and, the loss of Dikamona, especially as Hughes was invisible - his worst performance in a Hearts jersey.

Also, as I've said, the next game will tell us more than that shambles in the last 15.

Were we playing better? Livi should have been 3 goals up before the pen. Yes it was a poor decision but every other club rolls up it’s sleeves and fights the injustice - why did we hide?

I agree with your last sentence though. I wanted Cathro out after we capitulated at Patrick following the hibs defeat. If Levein cannot get a reaction out of this lot then he has an issue. 

1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

But we were played off the park and thumped by Livingston. On our current form we will be lucky to make top 6. 

Following the injuries we are a bottom 6 team.

maroonnicky63

So now can we agree this is not one of the best Hearts teams in years as was highlighted during our winning streak, at that time I said it was nonsense , n

On 14/12/2018 at 22:34, innerjambo said:

I have to disagree, he's struggling to get the players motivated. They are struggling with confidence issues, their passing and positioning is woeful, and they have no fight in them what so ever.

That's the point I was trying to get across after the thumping on Friday. 

On 15/12/2018 at 00:40, iwasthere1954 said:

For god sake I cannot believe you are defending that performance tonight. If Levein is not to blame . Who is. This team did not pick itself. 

Exactly, and the team didn't all sign by itself either.