Sackable performance?

LarrysRightFoot

To be fair to Levein, he has turned us round after the cathro debacle. However, he's got to take a big chunk of the blame tonight. Most (maybe all?) Of those players, he signed and the majority aren't good enough. 

Clare, McLean, Lee and Wighton shouldn't be anywhere near a Hearts jersey and I'm starting to lose patience with Mitchell. Bar his shot that hit the post, he contributes very little, is too weak and lightweight and he had a hand in at least 2 of their goals. 

Yet another big rebuilding job on the cards. 

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dustybin

• Seymour M Hersh

• Peebo

• Chuck Berry

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Class of 75 said:

Just angry mate at this result. 

For sure ??

I too have a belief we should always beat teams like Livi but sometimes you got to give credit to the opposition, however pathetic their existence is.

There was an element of consequential circumstances which led to a Hearts capitulation tonight which made for an embarrassing result.

In isolation this is not a sackable offence. However, the bigger picture tells me he needs to leave the club (not just move back upstairs). 

I’ve never been a fan of Craig as manager. It should be pointed out that in 20 years at the 3rd biggest club in Scotland (as player AND manager) he’s never won a single trophy. He just doesn’t have success in him. 

Let’s go get Steve Clarke. 

Captain Canada

I don't think he should be sacked but ultimately the buck stops with him. Yes, the players gave up, but who brought most of them to the club? 

Hughes and MacLean are woeful. Berra is back now and we've won one game since and let in 5 to Livi. 

He continually chops and changes the team and positions during games. The players have zero understanding on the pitch. 

Tonight we let in four goals when pushing almost everyone up the park despite already losing the game and being down to 10 men. 

I read the other day he lets the coaches do the training and he chooses the tactics at the end of the week. Does any other club in the country adopt this approach? 

Levein signed 18 players in the summer but we don't have any real strength in depth. 

There are so many questions just now around the signings and constant changing of the team. Sean Clare is a perfect example, we paid a fee for him and haven't played him once in his preferred position. 

And how could Wighton possibly be any worse than MacLean? He couldn't score into an open goal tonight.

And why does he persevere with Mitchell when he's absolutely useless week in, week out? 

And why did we sign an experienced backup goalkeeper when Bobby is making mistakes almost every week and keeping his place? 

And why does Levein think laying into referees will ever do us any favours? 

1 hour ago, ethan14 said:

Nonsense and I'd be the first to jump on levein. Players were the issue tonight not levein horrible shocking no heart, bin them all

Agreed I’d have given anything for those players to give even half the heart Craig Levein has for this club! 

1 minute ago, Anderson5 said:

In isolation this is not a sackable offence. However, the bigger picture tells me he needs to leave the club (not just move back upstairs). 

I’ve never been a fan of Craig as manager. It should be pointed out that in 20 years at the 3rd biggest club in Scotland (as player AND manager) he’s never won a single trophy. He just doesn’t have success in him. 

This.  There were some (small) extenuating circumstances tonight. Dikamona injury, Zlamal's mad moment, ridiculous sending off of Djoum.  However, the team gave up. That just shouldn't happen, ever.  That is down to Levein.

1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

Not one single Hearts player could say they got the better of their opponnent tonight. That is completely unacceptable.

From the kick off we were second best. Livingston showed what a high tempo pressing game is all about. We wandered about like pedestrians. Craig Leveins pre match interview would not have inspired anyone. What happened to his mantra "You have to win the battle before the game" Obviously he has forgotten.........

He's admitted to changing.  I felt it last season.

Other players in interviews this week and last said the same.

Its debatable as to whether it's been for the better?   Craig Levein's teams in his first spell had and showed plenty character across various matches. He had some stinking results but I generally felt good about his teams back then , week in week out.

Something doesn't sit right all the time these days despite some good results. 

8 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Levein has had time, and transfer windows now. 

He obviously has something, but at the same time, when it is bad, it's bad. 

And when it’s good, you know like it was just before all of our injuries, it’s bloody good.

Thats football for you. Hearts have been an absolute merry go round of managers and players for the last few years.

How people can think setting off on that course again would be a good idea i can’t understand.

About two months ago there were threads on here calling McLean the signing of the season. When we’re full strength we will be a force.

Doesn’t excuse tonight by any means but if you can’t take the good with the bad without throwing the toys out the pram then football isn’t for you. (Not directing that at your post btw, just a general observation of mine) 

Mind that time we pumped a Celtic team who have 10 times our budget and hadn’t been beaten for more than a season 4-0? 

The same thing happened to us tonight. It happens. It’s football.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
5 minutes ago, Tynie Tom said:

Agree.  1 bad result.  Let's move on.

It’s not really 1 bad result though is it? Look at last season’s performances and results also. 

Bad results this season.

Livingston 5-0

Celtic 5-0.

St Mirren 2-0.

Kilmarnock 0-1

Hibs 0-0 - should be beating a terrible hibs team at home. 

In in my opinion Levein, is 1/2 bad results away from deserved sacking. Can’t just have the attitude “ let’s move on “ getting ridiculous now.

Edited by HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

7 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Give one reason why Steve Clarke, who got offered Steven Gerrards job if I’m not mistaken, would come to Hearts.

Edited by Squirt

Just now, Chuck Berry said:

This.  There were some (small) extenuating circumstances tonight. Dikamona injury, Zlamal's mad moment, ridiculous sending off of Djoum.  However, the team gave up. That just shouldn't happen, ever.  That is down to Levein.

I think it was a perfect storm of negative circumstances in Livi’s favour. They were already seriously on top - then a stupid but unintentional penalty, followed by a ridiculous sending off, followed by a terrible spell of play by Clare and boom, 2 nil and 10 men in the space of four minutes. Our heads went down, their confidence rocketed which resulted in Hughes being ruthlessly torn a new one. 

Levein’s fault? Definitely some culpability. A sackable offence? Maybe in Palermo ?

7 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

I think it was a perfect storm of negative circumstances in Livi’s favour. They were already seriously on top - then a stupid but unintentional penalty, followed by a ridiculous sending off, followed by a terrible spell of play by Clare and boom, 2 nil and 10 men in the space of four minutes. Our heads went down, their confidence rocketed which resulted in Hughes being ruthlessly torn a new one. 

Levein’s fault? Definitely some culpability. A sackable offence? Maybe in Palermo ?

Cant disagree

5 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

"merry go round of managers" is plain incorrect. Players, yes, Hearts have had a bigger turnover of players. 

I just think CL isn't the answer to the question. He has something, and I want him at Hearts, but as soon as Naismith got injured in the semi-final, Hearts have not recovered. 

My memory may be failing me but as far as I can remember Robbie Neilson was the last manager at Hearts to get more than 2 full seasons in charge since Jeffries in the year 2000. Neilson was also effectively pushed out of the club from within.

With every new manager comes an influx of new players and a tremendous amount of money getting rid of people and bring more in.

We need consistency and patience but as a fan base that's not our strong point whatsoever. We want success, we want it now and nothing will appease us except a 3rd place finish at the very least. That's the feeling I personally get from a lot of the fans I talk to and in my opinion is a sense of entitlement that just doesn't stand to reason.

Bazzas right boot

Yip, 

Mitchell will be gone soon I think. 

Dikamona / Hughes only playing if CL himself can't play. 

Bobby and Bozanic done no favours for themselves. 

Maclean will be 4th or 5th choice after Jan. 

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, The_razors_edge said:

Ken what should be sacked? The players Christmas trip to Prague the morn. 

Absolutely. Get that to ****. 

Those defending Levein and blaming the players need to remember Levein signed those players. He has signed dozens of shit and has been exposed as soon as injuries hit. Another fight for top 6 another rebuild more excuses blah blah blah blah blah. Levein is not a winner and it shows in his teams

Holyrood_Hearts
25 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

It’s not really 1 bad result though is it? Look at last season’s performances and results also. 

Bad results this season.

Livingston 5-0

Celtic 5-0.

St Mirren 2-0.

Kilmarnock 0-1

In in my opinion Levein, is 1/2 bad results away from deserved sacking. Can’t just have the attitude “ let’s move on “ getting ridiculous now.

All these “bad results” have been in the last 6-7 weeks. Our season started in July, not the 31st October.  

1 hour ago, ethan14 said:

Nonsense and I'd be the first to jump on levein. Players were the issue tonight not levein horrible shocking no heart, bin them all

Who picks the players and sets them up ?

Craig doesn’t seem to be able to turn a game around through his instructions.

i understand he s had his health scare and can’t be going Raj in the dugout  but we certainly need someone to be giving them it tight 

As you say every player was poor tonight 

1 hour ago, JamboSpur said:

Hughes should just retire tonight.

Djoum should leave by mutual consent.

Clare can just go back down south.

Hard to argue with any of that. 

EDIT: Although why he got sent off is anyones guess. Was hardly even a soft foul. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

pharmaceutical01

The problem with tonight and the last few weeks is our style of play... Its eye-bleeding... We would rather sit back and soak up pressure rather than attack. The results are bad but the style is worse 

John mcCartney

been ****ing obvious for a few weeks now ,zlamal going to cost hearts points

the bloke does not like cross balls.does not command his area well

and you have an irish international gk on the bench

not great management

9 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

That statistic maybe be true. But there is no point sticking with a manager that isn't going to work. (See Arsenal) 

CL has been there for 5 seasons now, and apart from season 1, we have been player wise-quite turbulent, performance wise- quite turbulent, 

I want Levein to stay for this season, (I think that tonight) but CL isn't a long term solution. I just cannot see it working out. 

You’re entitled to your opinion, obviously, but considering where we were just a few short months ago with a full strength team and the very same manager I cannot understand how you’ve come to it.

Levein has not been the manager for 5 seasons. He has been a director of football who showed faith in his appointments. Neilson was a success and we turned on him because of two games against Hibs (IMO). Cathro was seen as a brave appointment and when it didn’t work he took on the job and put himself in the firing line and steadied the ship. He then signed his own group of players and had us absolutely flying before some of our strongest and best performers got injured within the space of a few weeks.

He shouldn’t be given a lifetime contract for having us top for a few games, but likewise he shouldn’t be hung for a period of bad results.

Edited by Squirt

Seriously humiliating result.

Not a chance Budge will sack levein, let's be serious here. 

Levein is as big a part of our club as the colour maroon, that is never going to change whilst budge is in charge. 

34 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Bad results this season.

Livingston 5-0

Celtic 5-0.

St Mirren 2-0.

Kilmarnock 0-1

Fair enough.  Just trying so hard not to overreact and hit panic button I guess.

Still in shock

I don’t know what’s more embarrassing. Losing 5 going on 10 to Livi or not having a single shot on target (according to March stats) against Livi.  

52 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Bad results this season.

Livingston 5-0

Celtic 5-0.

St Mirren 2-0.

Kilmarnock 0-1

Have to agree.

I can give leeway but any Hearts team that doesn't roll their sleeves up when playing shite needs new management.

Have we any good results this season? Beat Celtic 1-0  at home beat the teams we should be beaten then  Any challenge we have came up against we have failed badly had a easy run at the start of season also.

2 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

How the feck he can make exuses for this one.

Get this parasite out of our club!

Parasite ?? **** right off

16 minutes ago, Tynie Tom said:

Fair enough.  Just trying so hard not to overreact and hit panic button I guess.

Still in shock

Think it's time to hit button.

We are in freefall

25 minutes ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

The problem with tonight and the last few weeks is our style of play... Its eye-bleeding... We would rather sit back and soak up pressure rather than attack. The results are bad but the style is worse 

We are managing to rip our team all by ourselves.

Why don't you fek of to your piss stained mattress you sad hibs rat.

30 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Kickback, the only place tonight where there is more scheidt than what we saw on the park tonight!

Colin I'm not usually on Leveins case.

But that's it for me.

rudi must stay

4th buys him some time in my opinion. I would give him a few weeks, a repeat performance with the same lack of attacking coordination and intent (with a team that has some decent attacking players in my opinion) as well as that many defensively errors (that's the main problem tonight, we're a team built on our defence and we can't even do that effectively)  and he should be swiftly removed. 

But did Jefferies not offer his resignation after that game v Hibs, stranger things have happened..

26 minutes ago, jake said:

We are managing to rip our team all by ourselves.

Why don't you fek of to your piss stained mattress you sad hibs rat.

???

1 hour ago, Squirt said:

And when it’s good, you know like it was just before all of our injuries, it’s bloody good.

Thats football for you. Hearts have been an absolute merry go round of managers and players for the last few years.

How people can think setting off on that course again would be a good idea i can’t understand.

About two months ago there were threads on here calling McLean the signing of the season. When we’re full strength we will be a force.

Doesn’t excuse tonight by any means but if you can’t take the good with the bad without throwing the toys out the pram then football isn’t for you. (Not directing that at your post btw, just a general observation of mine) 

Mind that time we pumped a Celtic team who have 10 times our budget and hadn’t been beaten for more than a season 4-0? 

The same thing happened to us tonight. It happens. It’s football.

People forget that our run at the start of the season coincided with playing the so-called weaker teams in the league. Most of the games were won by fine margins. Most of us knew that, regardless of injuries, Oct/Nov would be the acid test. We failed and any Hearts manager who presides over a 5- scud defeat to Livvy, having signed 18 players, deserves to be booted out.

Greig, Miller, McNeill were all trophy...European trophy at that ..winning club legends at the OF and Aberdeen. Pat Stanton at Hibs too. All of them were booted out for under achievement,  yet a small section, but noisy JKB element,  of our support have a weird obsession with protecting Levein, a man who has won the square root of nought in his career. Bizarre behaviour. 

2 hours ago, TynecastleBC5 said:

Some people seem to forget its the players kicking the ball not the manager

Levein brought in the majority of these players. 

iwasthere1954
2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

What did the manager do wrong tonight?

Picked that team of spineless shitehawks. Last season he gave the young guys a chance and they did ok. This season he has forgotten the enthusiasm they bring to the game. After 10 minutes it was obvious that Haring could not cope with the surface and proceeded to run around like a headless chicken. I like Haring but the coach should know when a player is struggling. Iv'e followed Hearts for over 65 years but that was as poor a performance as I have seen in a long time. The coach has to take responsability.  

iwasthere1954
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

In two posts you blamed Levein for signing these players so it certainly comes across as complaining about people in general. 

For god sake I cannot believe you are defending that performance tonight. If Levein is not to blame . Who is. This team did not pick itself. 

3 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I have no idea what the **** is going on but there is something seriously wrong.

We are losing to teams with inferior players week after week.

I am completely fuming. I have always defended Levein but I cannot defend this. Complete disgrace.

The Levein lovers should smell the coffee the tinkerman has seriously shown his true colours tonight. Has tinkered with neilson and Cathro  rode his luck since the start of the season and the dreamers have fell for his wisdom which has been evident in recent weeks. Lucky at best incompetent in reality let’s get a real manager in and let’s not dream with a steamer

3 hours ago, fila said:

AH should have never been given an extension, CL gave him that contract , he is to blame . AH should have never been near club last season.

iwasthere1954
2 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

No manager should be sacked based on one performance, no matter how bad (albeit with some extreme exceptions). A manager should be sacked after a sustained period of poor performances or if it is clear that they are absolutely not a fit for the club. We've been poor for the last month and a half and have suffered from some injuries to important players so Levein should be given more time. That doesn't excuse tonight but it would be ludicrous to sack him on the back of that performance.

Forget tonight's performance. What about the 5 - 0 at Parkhead or the 2 - 0 at Paisley. They are all adding up.