• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Thought it was pretty obvious. Don’t let that get in the way of you steaming in with both feet with wrong assumptions stated as fact though ??

The irony.

As far as I can tell you have not answered jytees legitimate question.

One would reasonably assume what I did.

So would you like to explain why it's not difficult to work out about jytees?

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Oh, okay then. :unsure:

You have some cheek.

Especially after your assumptions about our support at pittodrie.

4 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Too many of his ****ing type at the club?

They sound intelligent as ****. Maybe they are high flying geneticists?

This help.

3 minutes ago, jake said:

The irony.

Nah, I don’t really like him so I’ll leave him to work it out for himself. Thanks for getting involved though. ??

Merry christmas ??

Edited by To Be Frank

4 minutes ago, jake said:

The irony.

Was not even close to what I took from it and I think most reasonable people wouldn’t think that. 

16 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Nah, I don’t really like him so I’ll leave him to work it out for himself. Thanks for getting involved though. ??

Merry christmas ??

Merry Christmas to you to. 

Did not realise you knew him.

Edited by jake

23 minutes ago, sadj said:

Was not even close to what I took from it and I think most reasonable people wouldn’t think that. 

What did you take from it? 

Edited by jake

10 minutes ago, jake said:

You have some cheek.

Especially after your assumptions about our support at pittodrie.

8 minutes ago, jake said:

This help.

No Jake, not really. I wasn’t at Pittodrie. I was speaking to @blairdin and replying to his post about what he heard someone say at the game. Blairdin heard people discussing Mitchell’s “type”. To me “type” refers to someone’s genetic or physical identification, or genotype or phenotype. What else can it refer to? Maybe I’ve worked in science too long? What else does “type” refer to in your world? Leftbacks? We don’t have many of them at the club... his height? :unsure:

No Jake, not really. I wasn’t at Pittodrie. I was speaking to @blairdin and replying to his post about what he heard someone say at the game. Blairdin heard people discussing Mitchell’s “type”. To me “type” refers to someone’s genetic or physical identification, or genotype or phenotype. What else can it refer to? Maybe I’ve worked in science too long? What else does “type” refer to in your world? Leftbacks? We don’t have many of them at the club... his height? :unsure:

You assumed by type they meant skin colour.

From a post on kickback.

Type.

We have imo a type of player at the moment not exclusive to Mitchell who don't know how to roll their sleeves up and fight when lacking form.

It's like some on here are choking to get ripped into our supporters.

And you are one of those posters.

Imo of course.

1 minute ago, jake said:

You assumed by type they meant skin colour.

From a post on kickback.

Type.

We have imo a type of player at the moment not exclusive to Mitchell who don't know how to roll their sleeves up and fight when lacking form.

It's like some on here are choking to get ripped into our supporters.

And you are one of those posters.

Imo of course.

Oh, that “type”. So is that personality type created by culture or genetics then? Is someone born the “not roll their sleeves up and fight type”? Or are they made that way due to their environment? 

Oh, that “type”. So is that personality type created by culture or genetics then? Is someone born the “not roll their sleeves up and fight type”? Or are they made that way due to their environment? 

No just a footballing type.

You can focus on skin colour or genetics.

I will just judge footballers as just that.

And bash on if you want to paint me as a racist.

Could not care less.

I'm well assured of my outlook and it isn't governed by dogma.

35 minutes ago, sadj said:

Don't mean to badger you but you insinuate I'm not being reasonable.

I ask again what you took from Frank's post?

10 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Probably best that we agree to disagree Frank, lest it appear that I'm hassling you

My stance is based on two incidents that happened three years ago, when the 'evidence' used to wrongly arrest a guy, was that he wore the same colour of coat as the guy they were after.

Since then my belief that PS always act professionally and honestly in all cases, was consigned to the same shelf as the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus.

Inevitably, as in all walks of life, PS has it's share of bigots, incompetents and those with agendas

Motherwell away?

Fair few folk raging with the young team after that game.

It's ok to assume that comments made about comments made but it's not ok to assume comments made about comments made.

And it's offensive to assume about comments made but we should be offended about comments made we assume about.

15 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

This post is the epitome of assumption.

?

7 minutes ago, jake said:

No just a footballing type.

You can focus on skin colour or genetics.

I will just judge footballers as just that.

And bash on if you want to paint me as a racist.

Could not care less.

I'm well assured of my outlook and it isn't governed by dogma.

A footballing type? So that’s a specific class of player who doesn’t like to roll their sleeves up? Cool. I’ll just try and clarify this again with you. if you don’t mind:

Does this type of playing style occur through genetics, or is it a cultural thing that develops through training and playing with certain clubs and coaches? I’m intrigued.

Dagger Is Back
14 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Motherwell away?

Fair few folk raging with the young team after that game.

Nope

59 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Merry christmas ??

Do you know me Frank?

7 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

A footballing type? So that’s a specific class of player who doesn’t like to roll their sleeves up? Cool. I’ll just try and clarify this again with you. if you don’t mind:

Does this type of playing style occur through genetics, or is it a cultural thing that develops through training and playing with certain clubs and coaches? I’m intrigued.

Are you being purposefully thick?

Let me ask you to clarify this?

Are there certain types of football players?

Or is football based on race skin colour for you.

But to answer your question.

Of course players are governed by genetics and environmental impacts.

Let's also clear something else up.

The best football players ever have not been white.

Hope this confuses your bigoted mind.

10 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Ok Frank. What was it you were suggesting?

Wouldn't hold your breath.

Still waiting on Sadj to tell me what reasonable folk assumed he meant.

Just now, jake said:

Wow, wow and some more Wows, just for effect. 

That's some amount of gibberish :rofl:

5 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Agreed.

George Best was the best footballer to have ever walked the earth.

11 minutes ago, jake said:

No need for the abuse Jake. I was asking you some very simple questions and you have decided to assume (buzz-word of the thread that) that I think you are racist.

So, players are governed by genetics and environmental impacts. I agree as it happens, so let’s explore that a little further shall we?

Demi has come through the ranks at one of the biggest clubs in world football, who play at the very highest level. He has then moved to Tynecastle to work with Craig Levein; a manager who is renowned and sometimes even castigated for preferring hard working players over those with outstanding skill, if the choice comes down to one or the other...

So it’s in his genetics then? If I may be so bold so as to ‘assume’ once more? So that makes Demi genetically predisposed to being lazy, then? As that is his style, right? His “type”?

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

No need for the abuse Jake. I was asking you some very simple questions and you have decided to assume (buzz-word of the thread that) that I think you are racist.

So, players are governed by genetics and environmental impacts. I agree as it happens, so let’s explore that a little further shall we?

Demi has come through the ranks at one of the biggest clubs in world football, who play at the very highest level. He has then moved to Tynecastle to work with Craig Levein; a manager who is renowned and sometimes even castigated for preferring hard working players over those with outstanding skill, if the choice comes down to one or the other...

So it’s in his genetics then? If I may be so bold so as to ‘assume’ once more? So that makes Demi genetically predisposed to being lazy, then? As that is his style, right? His “type”?

Perhaps it is in his genetics.

Doesn't mean it's anything to do with the colour of his skin.

Where was the abuse?

I stated a fact about you being purposefully thick.

Something going by the post I'm replying to you are continuing.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Franz Beckenbauer

Just Fontaine 

Bobby Moore

George Best

Lionel Messi

Johann Cruyff

Marco Van Basten

Lev Yashin...

...can't be arsed any further. It's Christmas.

Pele

13 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Reading back you have a point

8 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Agreed.

George Best was the best footballer to have ever walked the earth.

Wait a minute.

No he was not

Just now, Barack said:

That's not your argument, mate.

As I said...can't be arsed. I'll leave you in the capable arms of JKB.

Noel, Noel, etc.

No it was not.

Neither was my argument to suggest that Mitchell had weakness because he is not white.

2 minutes ago, jake said:

Perhaps it is in his genetics.

Doesn't mean it's anything to do with the colour of his skin.

Where was the abuse?

I stated a fact about you being purposefully thick.

Something going by the post I'm replying to you are continuing.

Genetics then. He has a what? A ‘lazy gene’?

I’m not thick though. Bit abusive to call me that, is it not? Im trying to have a reasoned debate, and you are just lashing out. :(

59 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I shared what I heard and saw on this thread. I didn't intend to start an online race war. Here, by and large, we're just names on a message board and have no idea about each other in real life.

However, what I overhead yesterday seemed relevant to the thread. I'm pleased those accused after the Motherwell game have been proven innocent after due process. That doesn't mean our support are squeaky clean. As a club we're probably not unusual in that sense. 

8 hours ago, bobsharp said:

I accept totally what you say, I suppose my problem is living in a different culture and wrongly using that to make a point. I am not being racist I am stating a fact, should a black man attend a club or a game here, and be told you are being refused access to this facility, and we have no reason for doing so, the immediate reaction would be its because of race and color.There would be a media blitz, and considerable criticism. I am surprised that the U.K with the diversity of backgrounds now still maintain that type of policy that refusal of service or attendance can be so simply invoked. Please understand I am not contradicting or disputing what you or others have said, I am just totally amazed that such a situation in this day and age exists.

I would think we all are amazed it exists.

I’m not thick though. Bit abusive to call me that, is it not? Im trying to have a reasoned debate, and you are just lashing out. :(

If I could take DNA from him and study it in a lab I could perhaps tell you that.

Does a lazy gene exist?

You know full well where you are going with this.

As did Frank with Jytees.

I tell you what though you him and Sadj have a lazy gene.

Label someone racist and be deliberately obtuse.

I unlike Sadj think all reasonable people see through that.

1 minute ago, blairdin said:

I shared what I heard and saw on this thread. I didn't intend to start an online race war. Here, by and large, we're just names on a message board and have no idea about each other in real life.

However, what I overhead yesterday seemed relevant to the thread. I'm pleased those accused after the Motherwell game have been proven innocent after due process. That doesn't mean our support are squeaky clean. As a club we're probably not unusual in that sense. 

Yeah, I got all of that mate. I only ‘tagged’ you because Jake decided to bring my response to your post up to me on here. Thought it was only polite. Jake has a bit of a chip on his shoulder about racism though. His opening gambit was to bring up people previously accusing him of being a racist.

6 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

You might not be thick mate but you are not as clever as you think you are.

Seasons greetings as anything else might upset you.

?

Both jake and blairdin could be right. I lean towards blairdin's account because it's thorough, comprehensive and easy to relate to/empathise with. But that doesn't mean jake is necessarily wrong.

Or to put it another way: some football fans are pricks. Not all of those pricks are racist pricks. And the burden of proof must always be on the accuser (even though I suspect blairdin is right).  

Yeah, I got all of that mate. I only ‘tagged’ you because Jake decided to bring my response to your post up to me on here. Thought it was only polite. Jake has a bit of a chip on his shoulder about racism though. His opening gambit was to bring up people previously accusing him of being a racist.

No worries, just seemed a little odd that this got quite personal. 

1 minute ago, blairdin said:

No worries, just seemed a little odd that this got quite personal. 

I don't know you.

It was about assumption.

You assumed .

I assume.

It's all down to opinion.

3 minutes ago, jake said:

If I could take DNA from him and study it in a lab I could perhaps tell you that.

Does a lazy gene exist?

You know full well where you are going with this.

As did Frank with Jytees.

I tell you what though you him and Sadj have a lazy gene.

Label someone racist and be deliberately obtuse.

I unlike Sadj think all reasonable people see through that.

Oh. There was being thick again. I keep reading your definitive statements and not realising they are just unqualified opinions. 

I haven’t labelled you nor JyTees a racist. You seem a bit hung up on that.

8 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Got to laugh.

A chip on my shoulder because I've been labelled a racist.

Not just labelled mate .

Followed about .

Thankfully it's stopped but if you can't accept a different argument without labelling someone who has not made a racist post that makes you a bigot.

12 minutes ago, jake said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/705591-the-100-best-soccer-players-of-all-time.amp.html A 2011 article (i think) and I think a lot more objective on historical footballers than many articles now would be. 

As far as what I took from Franks words it was simply that people on here and in our support are very obvious in their positions. You can tell almost before you read posts. Some clearly are incapable of seeing any wrong in their behaviour , other as unlikely to see any good. Pretty obvious i thought but im trying to look objectively. If either side look at it with either a prejudice toward a person/group or a preconceived opinion of others opinions you can’t do that and may make wrong assumptions. 

Apologies I have other priorities than replying instantly (sometimes)

9 minutes ago, jake said:

I don't know you.

It was about assumption.

You assumed .

I assume.

It's all down to opinion.

I never said you did and I didn't assume anything. 

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Oh. There was being thick again. I keep reading your definitive statements and not realising they are just unqualified opinions. 

I haven’t labelled you nor JyTees a racist. You seem a bit hung up on that.

No.

You have been a total snide in insinuating it.

Be brave .

It's only the internet .

16 minutes ago, jake said:

Seasons greetings as anything else might upset you.

?

For someone who gets all bent out of shape about what others may be assuming, you don’t half make a lot of assumptions about people yourself.

Why on earth would I be upset if you wishes me a Merry Christmas instead of Seasons Greetings? ?

• cosanostra locked this topic