The Arfield Red

Erik

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

At School we used to call those a "flying tackle"

quite different from a "sliding tackle"

A "flying tackle" was only ever done by one type of guy- usually the hard man thug who wanted you to know he was the big man,  and was invariably an utter **** off the field too. The "flying tackle" was executed with full knowledge it was going to do damage- they were NEVER accidental or even out of control

Believe me, there is **** all “hard man” about Scott Arfield ?. He thought he could score and went for the ball, got none of the ball and was sent off for dangerous play, that’s all. As for being an utter **** off the field, that’s for you to decide. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• busby1985

• Mikey1874

• Unknown user

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Believe me, there is **** all “hard man” about Scott Arfield ?. He thought he could score and went for the ball, got none of the ball and was sent off for dangerous play, that’s all. As for being an utter **** off the field, that’s for you to decide. 

Right, we get it. You know him. 

Tell him he's a **** or gtf. 

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

He launched himself, out of control, knees first at the keeper who was lying on the ground, from at least 6/7 yards.

It could have been a career ending tackle- if he'd done it to an outfield player with a planted leg you're looking at a certain break

All roads lead to Gorgie

If someone like big Uche had done the same then it would be all over the news calling for a long ban and calling Hearts out for the robustness of our game!

5 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

He launched himself, out of control, knees first at the keeper who was lying on the ground, from at least 6/7 yards.

It could have been a career ending tackle- if he'd done it to an outfield player with a planted leg you're looking at a certain break

Am not arguing that it was a shocker of a challenge. I have said that like a million times on this. All I am saying is that he never done it with any malicious intent, he thought he could score and went for the ball. I totally get why people think he could’ve seriously hurt bobby, it was a shocker. I know he never done it to injure bobby, that’s all I have said. He instantly puts his hands up to say he got it wrong. He was rightly sent off for it and if he gets further punishment then I don’t think he can complain. He’s no that type of boy or player and I will just leave it at that. 

I’m not having this “he didn’t mean it, he was going for the ball” shite. He’s went in with one intention and that was not to score a goal.

It’s the most cowardly thing I’ve ever seen anyone do on a football pitch. An absolutely disgusting tackle, one that should be punished with a very lengthy ban. An utter ***** of a man.

Edited by Uncle Buck

10 hours ago, busby1985 said:

We will never know how it looked to Scotty at the time. I believe he never meant to hurt bobby and believe he was punished correctly with the red. If it’s looked at and they think it deserves more then I won’t complain. Just not having the he tried to kill him, hurt him, endear himself to the huns blah blah blah. 

To endear himself to Steven Gerrard 

57 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Cheers for that mate, didn't realise that, still beggars belief his comments however, and I guarantee you that had the exact same challenge been made on McGregor, that he wouldn't have said the same thing. 

McGregor would have knocked Arfield out if challenge had been on him. 

50 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Since you know him, would you say his attitude has changed in any way since signing for the Huns?

25 minutes ago, Boof said:

Since you know him, would you say his attitude has changed in any way since signing for the Huns?

What like constantly talking about going for 55 ?, stopping 10 in a row ?, we are the people and that type of thing or his attitude on the park? 

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

What like constantly talking about going for 55 ?, stopping 10 in a row ?, we are the people and that type of thing or his attitude on the park? 

Either or...bit more of a Billy Bigbaws swagger, perhaps? 

3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Sorry mate but you're talking shit now - he didn't miss the ball, he made full contact with it. The collision didn't happen because he misjudged and missed the ball, it happened because he ended up where he planned to end up, i.e. going through the ball and hang the consequences. 

He literally could have killed Bobby ffs, and that's not an exaggeration either. He was out of control, hurtling knee first towards his head, and flew into the challenge long after he should. 

I'm not saying he tried to deliberately hurt bobby, only he knows that deep down, but I can say for sure that he didn't take enough care to avoid the chance of very very serious injury.

His first instinct was to turn to the ref to claim the goal by the way, not to see if bobby was ok. I suggest you watch it again a few times, I think you're being blinded by loyalty to "Scotty"

3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Am not arguing that it was a shocker of a challenge. I have said that like a million times on this. All I am saying is that he never done it with any malicious intent, he thought he could score and went for the ball. I totally get why people think he could’ve seriously hurt bobby, it was a shocker. I know he never done it to injure bobby, that’s all I have said. He instantly puts his hands up to say he got it wrong. He was rightly sent off for it and if he gets further punishment then I don’t think he can complain. He’s no that type of boy or player and I will just leave it at that. 

He might have ‘not been that type of boy or player’ before.

But now that he has committed and is guilty of carrying out that type of challenge,  he now has proven that he IS that type of boy and player.

On 03/12/2018 at 11:02, busby1985 said:

Bobby never got kneed in the face, he never got seriously injured and the horrible challenge was punished. What else do people want? If we start going on about what ifs then we could easily look at the Clare challenge and say “if he doesn’t touch the ball that’s a leg breaker” or “if he’s a little higher” etc etc. Yes it was a bad challenge, 100% red card. Am arguing that he never purposely slid in to hurt bobby, he’s not that type of player or guy. He made an arse of it and was punished accordingly. 

Wtf was he trying to do then? The ball is under Bobby's control before Arfield charges into the box. He's later than a month of Sundays and at the speed he lunged in, was very very fortunate not to seriously injure our player. Not at all like the Clare challenge for a free ball, at best this was utter stupidity from a player seriously slow in thought who probably thought, thanks to yet another Rangers leaning referee, if he blootered both the ball and Zlamal into the net, he would get away with it. He even raises his hands initially in celebration. 

**** knows what Bobby makes of football in this country. He'd probably be further dismayed to know there are Hearts "supporters" who will defend such conduct even when one of their own is on the receiving end. 

30 minutes ago, Boof said:

Either or...bit more of a Billy Bigbaws swagger, perhaps? 

Hasn’t changed a bit away from football, still sound and down to earth. On the park he’s playing where he is at his most dangerous, not in the sense he goes out to hurt players ?, so is the most confident I’ve seen him on the park. 

11 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Hasn’t changed a bit away from football, still sound and down to earth. On the park he’s playing where he is at his most dangerous, not in the sense he goes out to hurt players ?, so is the most confident I’ve seen him on the park. 

Confident enough to try and cripple our goalkeeper. 

Delete your season ticket. 

37 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Sorry mate but you're talking shit now - he didn't miss the ball, he made full contact with it. The collision didn't happen because he misjudged and missed the ball, it happened because he ended up where he planned to end up, i.e. going through the ball and hang the consequences. 

He literally could have killed Bobby ffs, and that's not an exaggeration either. He was out of control, hurtling knee first towards his head, and flew into the challenge long after he should. 

I'm not saying he tried to deliberately hurt bobby, only he knows that deep down, but I can say for sure that he didn't take enough care to avoid the chance of very very serious injury.

His first instinct was to turn to the ref to claim the goal by the way, not to see if bobby was ok. I suggest you watch it again a few times, I think you're being blinded by loyalty to "Scotty"

His first instinct was to fire his hand up in a “I got that wrong” sense, at no point does he try claim a goal, there is literally clips of the tackle on here that show his hands going straight up in the manner I’ve described. 

I have at no point defended the challenge, I’ve only passed on what’s been said and, like I have said, I believe him. Probably am being blinded by loyalty but that’s what pals do. 

We could play the “could’ve this and could’ve that” game all week but it’s pointless. Bobby wasn’t hurt, he wasn’t killed, he didn’t have his head smashed in and Rangers never got a goal. He got a red card, rightly, and if he gets further punishment then I don’t think he can complain. Am just not having that he deliberately jumped into the challenge with any other thought in his mind than to score. Was it the wrong thing to do, as a hearts fan, to me it was, to Rangers fans/players/manager etc he done what they would’ve wanted him to do which was to try score. If Steven MacLean had the same opportunity and never went for the ball am sure we’d be furious with him. It looks horrific in the clips, it looked horrific at the time as well and he was rightly punished for it. 

Am gonna patch replying now cause I’ve made my point and don’t want to keep going round in circles etc. I get the seethe, I really do. Just not having he done it maliciously. 

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

His first instinct was to fire his hand up in a “I got that wrong” sense, at no point does he try claim a goal, there is literally clips of the tackle on here that show his hands going straight up in the manner I’ve described. 

I have at no point defended the challenge, I’ve only passed on what’s been said and, like I have said, I believe him. Probably am being blinded by loyalty but that’s what pals do. 

We could play the “could’ve this and could’ve that” game all week but it’s pointless. Bobby wasn’t hurt, he wasn’t killed, he didn’t have his head smashed in and Rangers never got a goal. He got a red card, rightly, and if he gets further punishment then I don’t think he can complain. Am just not having that he deliberately jumped into the challenge with any other thought in his mind than to score. Was it the wrong thing to do, as a hearts fan, to me it was, to Rangers fans/players/manager etc he done what they would’ve wanted him to do which was to try score. If Steven MacLean had the same opportunity and never went for the ball am sure we’d be furious with him. It looks horrific in the clips, it looked horrific at the time as well and he was rightly punished for it. 

Am gonna patch replying now cause I’ve made my point and don’t want to keep going round in circles etc. I get the seethe, I really do. Just not having he done it maliciously. 

My arse that was an "I got that wrong" that was a "yass"

You're just ignoring your assertion that he missed the ball now by the way? He went right through the ******* thing, how do you think it ended up over the line? You can say you're just repeating what you've been told, but you're not, you're rewriting what happened to suit your defence - Arfield made full contact with that ball.

giphy.gif

Watch Zlamal's feet by the way you can actually see Bobby's whole body being knocked backwards by the impact from the knee to his head. 

Awful challenge, just awful. **** Scott Arfield. 

Glamorgan Jambo

An absolute shocker of a foul. Going for the keepers head with his feet. Knowing that Bobby can't pull his hands back to protect himself without giving away a goal. Any club other than them and there would be a lot more trial by Sportscene etc..

23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah, that’s a “yaaaaasssss” I’ve just scored hand gesture right enough ?

0CCAD61D-1C04-44F1-9881-C35C2D44E0F6.jpeg

7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

You're talking shit, if that was am "I got it wrong" why's he arguing with the ref? And where's the bit where he checks if Bobby's ok?

http://youtu.be/lAsYyXFNg2E

Don't know why it's not embedding, bit no sign of the handshake you claimed either

Edited by Smithee

6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah, that looks like a good guy who's only thought is I could score a goal here.

Capture.JPG

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Yeah, that looks like a good guy who's only thought is I could score a goal here.

Capture.JPG

So what do you think he thought? You reckon the boy that’s had one prior red card wanted to intentionally hurt the goal keeper? Like all game he was just waiting on the perfect moment to nail the goal keeper he knows nothing about. It was a horrible challenge, no one will argue that. He never tried to do anything other than score. 

So Busby knows Arfield and would stand up for him against a Hearts player.

We know the measure of that poster now anyway.

Name-dropping beats common decency.

That challenge gets worse every time you watch it.  Arfield was a good 7-8 yards away when Bobby has the ball in his hands.  He had no right to even go for the ball.  Arfield should be offered a further 3 match ban at least.  Coward.

5 hours ago, busby1985 said:

I’ll spell it out:

HE. LED. WITH. HIS. ****ING. KNEES.

Your BFF is a little *****.

Edited by Jammy T

5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

So what do you think he thought? You reckon the boy that’s had one prior red card wanted to intentionally hurt the goal keeper? Like all game he was just waiting on the perfect moment to nail the goal keeper he knows nothing about. It was a horrible challenge, no one will argue that. He never tried to do anything other than score. 

Yes that's what I reckon.

William H. Bonney

He put his hands in the air apologetically to con the ref into just giving him a yellow. 

Boys a *****. 

His club are a bunch of *****. 

28 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

So far you've said that he checked if bobby was ok, that he shook hands with him and, most laughably, that he missed the ball altogether. 

All of these things can be proved to be untrue though, you're just saying whatever you can think of to make your mate look better. Your credibility's away to France on the subject.

15 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

He put his hands in the air apologetically to con the ref into just giving him a yellow. 

Boys a *****. 

His club are a bunch of *****. 

I disagree with the first sentence, no problem with the rest though. At the end of the day though it doesn't really matter what his raised arms were intended to convey, it doesn't change a thing.

The photo posted above says it all, so here it is again. 

Capture.JPG

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So far you've said that he checked if bobby was ok, that he shook hands with him and, most laughably, that he missed the ball altogether. 

All of these things can be proved to be untrue though, you're just saying whatever you can think of to make your mate look better. Your credibility's away to France on the subject.

Another "fact" that is not actually a "fact" is that he has only been sent off once in his career. 

This is his 3rd red card, his 2nd against us.

44 minutes ago, graygo said:

Another "fact" that is not actually a "fact" is that he has only been sent off once in his career. 

Some on here say that he is not that sort of player. If that is true then the incident would not have happened.

The fact that it did happen can only mean that he is that type of player end of.

49 minutes ago, graygo said:

Good catch, I never even thought to check!

I'm sure we'd all defend a mate up to a point, but it's getting ridiculous.

When Uche won a 50/50 with Carson, which ultimately fecked his season, he was lambasted in the press for days who were desperate that he should have seen red. After all, Carson was the victim despite being back within a week. ?

Funny how nothing is being said about Arfield. Yes he was given a red but it was assault, pure and simple. He had plenty time to stop or change his direction. Utter scumbag. Fits in well with that team.

Split second decision though, eh. 

I've read some horseshit on here over the years, but this little thugs' pals who are desperately trying to defend him are taking it to new levels!

That was no 'split second decision' - that was a conscious attempt to injure our player - he took an extra 3 or 4 steps after it was clear Bobby had it under control and absolutely launched himself knees first, at speed and with force, at Bobby. 

It was an absolute disgrace of a challenge, made by a complete little ***** of a coward - as evidenced by his shitting it and hiding behind Madden in the back of the net afterwards. 

It was reckless, malicious and dangerous. It was no accident, it was a calculated and vindictive decision given the distance he covered to make it. 

He should be looking at a lengthy ban, but we all know that **** all will happen to him and these weegie *******s will continue to get away with this stuff with impunity for as long as they wish. 

8390A85D-7AE2-4B03-BEA4-696611A4C2F3-11347-00000E76C2F33B54.jpeg

Edited by andyscott82

20 hours ago, busby1985 said:

I spoke with him yesterday. He didn’t realise the keeper was as in control of the ball till after seeing the replay. He thought it wasn’t under control and felt he could score. No malice in it, shook hands after it. Split second to make the decision and wanted to score, out his hands up immediately to say “I’ve f**ked it”. He’s no that type of boy. I understand why folk are annoyed at it and if he gets further punishment then fair play. Just not having he is some sort of monster looking to injure or kill another player. 

Cheers , seems plausible although it was horrendously late , we've all made an arse of something now and again . 

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Sorry - as you can clearly see he is over six yards away and Bobby has both hands clearly on the ball, .....so how did he think he was going to score? I don't know what was going through his mind but " here's a clear chance to score" would be fairly low on the list I suspect.

He might be a sound guy and a good mate, but in that moment that was nothing more than a vicious assault.

AS for your other point the word opportunist comes to mind.

If all he wanted to do was "score " according to some, why not run up and tap it in? Bobby was lying flat out and unable to change his position.

Why did he need to launch himself off his feet and go in with his knees?

I know his mates on here are trying to defend him, but what else is he going to say? " aye was trying to do him"?

Sometimes you cant defend the indefensible.

PeterintheRain
8 hours ago, busby1985 said:

You are a total and utter liar.   There was no possibility of him scoring.   Why are you defending a piece of scum who plays for a scum team with Nazi scum supporters aided by cheating referees, who tried to kill our Goalkeeper?

Bobby had the ball for at least 2 seconds before the little prick dived at him knee first.

Remember why Cech wears a helmet?

4 hours ago, busby1985 said:

You are most definitely right that it is not a "yaaaaaasssss" I've just scored hand gesture.

What it is however, is a

"I'm an absolute coward who has just taken a massive liberty with a fellow professional. I wear the colours of The Rangers and as such expect to get away with murder, regularly and without any form of comeback or negative media attention. I have just shit myself though as I've just realised that I've not killed you and therefore you would be perfectly entitled to leather me up and down the place for being the cowardly welt I am. Also If you're not in a position to do so then your Captain, whose also been subjected to physical abuse during this game, from another cowardly welt, might just dish out the punishment my actions rightly deserve", hand gesture.

As others have said in this thread, if the same thing happened in an Amateur Sunday League match a riot would ensue and summary justice would be administered.

If 'some' can't bring themselves to agree that he's a thug then surely they will have no problem in seeing him for the coward he most definitely is.  

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

You're just ignoring your assertion that he missed the ball now by the way? He went right through the ******* thing, how do you think it ended up over the line? You can say you're just repeating what you've been told, but you're not, you're rewriting what happened to suit your defence - Arfield made full contact with that ball.

giphy.gif

Watch Zlamal's feet by the way you can actually see Bobby's whole body being knocked backwards by the impact from the knee to his head. 

Awful challenge, just awful. **** Scott Arfield. 

That just gets worse every time I see it. He can have no defence for that terrible tackle/assault. If his sole intention was to get the ball over the line and score then staying on his feet and trying to poke it in would have been a much better option but he launched himself about 70/80 years back in time to when players could put the keeper and the ball into the net and claim a goal, but even then not like that. There has to be a bigger ban than the standard 2 games for a red card.

So on top of his standard ban from the red when does this little scrotum get handed his additional games ban? The authorities can't ignore that assault. I'd give up if he gets no further punishment.

Edit - do they actually have the power to ban him further? I'm no up on such laws / rules.

Edited by smiler

On 03/12/2018 at 12:47, EH16 said:

The commentator said it was the BT ref that said it was a yellow,  (ie: ex ref that gives his opinion on decisions)  they had him stationed at Hampden for the cup final, It is Not an actual SFA ref from Hampden.

What's the betting that ex ref was a Mr S Conroy of Govan?