Milinkovic on loan?

Caramoon

rudi must stay
21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

One big difference between the 2 for me. Goals.

In a recent interview Morisson pointed out he wanted to add goals and he was disappointed he didn't have any. Wouldn't worry about him, superb attitude, there's a player there ?

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• EastSideJambo

• Cruyff Turn

32 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Think Callumn scored a few at Stirling albion so he knows how to finish, the boy is snatching at it too much and just needs to calm down a bit and the goals will come 

Hardly kicked a ball in an age, not sure we need another unfit not up to speed player. If I'm wrong and he's fully fit would be an ok addition to end of season.

We_are_the_Hearts

Yeah lets just carry 1 player for each position. No like we get injuries. Morrison is actually carrying one that could do with rest!

EastSideJambo
3 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Anyone who thinks Morrison has a better work rate than Skinny is off their head. 

Skinny had a relentless engine. 

If confronted with a straight choice of having Morrison or Milinkovic it would be Morrison every day of the week. He's a player who has come through our system, gone out on loan and meaningfully contributed.  He's been given a chance in first team this season and looked a real threat. His likelihood of developing further make him a potentially valuable asset to the club 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Yes, dry little goal threat from Morrison in a Hearts jersey so far. Very different from his time in lower leagues. 

41 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

If confronted with a straight choice of having Morrison or Milinkovic it would be Morrison every day of the week. He's a player who has come through our system, gone out on loan and meaningfully contributed.  He's been given a chance in first team this season and looked a real threat. His likelihood of developing further make him a potentially valuable asset to the club 

I don’t see why they’re mutually exclusive. We’re quite light in the wide areas, which is why we’ve had to shoehorn Djoum out wide some weeks. 

I’m not debating that Morrison has talent. You only need to have eyes to recognise that. But to say we wouldn’t be better off with having Milinkovic in our squad because we have Morrison would be ridiculous. 

5 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Do the stats show that we only lost once, last game of the season, when he started? Pretty sure he had some decent stats. 

Cant be the case. Stated many times on here by different posters that he only ever played one decent game in ten. ?

Tynecastlesmychurch

Would certainly give us another pacey option out wide left. If it happens it won't necessarily affect Morrison. Play them both I say! 

Ehh Jake may need to go out on loan though! 

A loan for the second half of the season would probably cost us not much more than 50K so, for that reason, it would seem a decent option (if the rumour is true, that is). 

EastSideJambo
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I don’t see why they’re mutually exclusive. We’re quite light in the wide areas, which is why we’ve had to shoehorn Djoum out wide some weeks. 

I’m not debating that Morrison has talent. You only need to have eyes to recognise that. But to say we wouldn’t be better off with having Milinkovic in our squad because we have Morrison would be ridiculous. 

They're not mutually exclusive.  You are right about the lack of natural width beyond Morrison. Maybe we could use Mitchell in wide areas

Milinkovic just didn't do it for me. Not a loss imo 

18 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

They're not mutually exclusive.  You are right about the lack of natural width beyond Morrison. Maybe we could use Mitchell in wide areas

Milinkovic just didn't do it for me. Not a loss imo 

Milinkovic scores goals and created goals for others in what was, frankly, a pretty rotten Hearts side last season. 

This all reminds me of when folk used to say Skacel was over rated before he came back. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

If course that’s all true but it didn’t stop us signing 19 players in the summer that will naturally slow the progress of quite a few of our talented youngsters.

I would have him back, I bet he wishes he came here and he definitely would’ve contributed far more in a good team than  he did in last years. 

21 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Milinkovic scores goals and created goals for others in what was, frankly, a pretty rotten Hearts side last season. 

This all reminds me of when folk used to say Skacel was over rated before he came back. 

Couldn’t agree more. It’s one thing being dicked off that he left and never signed in the circumstances that he did, but this idea that he only played one good game in ten, was lazy and overrated is just bizarre.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

In a recent interview Morisson pointed out he wanted to add goals and he was disappointed he didn't have any. Wouldn't worry about him, superb attitude, there's a player there ?

Happily have both in the squad. Wingers are form players. Handy to have options 

EastSideJambo
10 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Couldn’t agree more. It’s one thing being dicked off that he left and never signed in the circumstances that he did, but this idea that he only played one good game in ten, was lazy and overrated is just bizarre.

He was overrated imo 

3 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

Morrison plays on the right David could play on the left sorted I cant see demetri getting to play In that position though I think that he is at his best when he plays left midfield and djoum is better central.

2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Cant be the case. Stated many times on here by different posters that he only ever played one decent game in ten. ?

:scenes:

EastSideJambo
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Rudolf Skacel and David Milinkovic comparisons are too much for me 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

People who call Milinkovic lazy are best ignored as I can almost certainly guarantee they never seen him play, or they're just at it.

EastSideJambo
5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

People who call Milinkovic lazy are best ignored as I can almost certainly guarantee they never seen him play, or they're just at it.

Why is he completely out in the cold at Hull City? 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
13 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Why is he completely out in the cold at Hull City? 

I don't need to guess, unlike you, why he is out in the cold at Hull. I watched him at Tynecastle every 2nd week. Lazy is the last word that could be used to describe Milinkovic. 

EastSideJambo
1 minute ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

I don't need to guess, unlike you, why he is out in the cold at Hull. I watched him at Tynecastle every 2nd week. Lazy is the last word that could be used to describe Milinkovic. 

Try and keep it civil if you don't mind. I've never described him as lazy 

50 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Ansolutely. Crazy talk.

1 hour ago, EastSideJambo said:

Rudolf Skacel and David Milinkovic comparisons are too much for me 

I'm not comparing the players, I'm comparing the situation.

I'd really hoped that you'd understand that.

EastSideJambo
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

I'm not comparing the players, I'm comparing the situation.

I'd really hoped that you'd understand that.

I did understand. I just didn't see the analogy. I couldn't imagine a single Hearts fan not wanting Skacel back. The guy was simply different class 

I simply perceived Milinkovic as distinctly average. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Rudi and Milinkovic in the same sentence? Wow.

3 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

I did understand. I just didn't see the analogy. I couldn't imagine a single Hearts fan not wanting Skacel back. The guy was simply different class 

I simply perceived Milinkovic as distinctly average. 

You clearly didn't use Kickback prior to Skacel re-signing in 2010 then.

People on here slated him for basically giving up after January 2006.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Rudi and Milinkovic in the same sentence? Wow.

Again, for the benefit of those who just want to find arguments on here, I'm comparing the situation.

Not the playing ability.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Again, for the benefit of those who just want to find arguments on here, I'm comparing the situation.

Not the playing ability.

Except there is no similarity at all.

Incidentally, I've no problem with Milinkovic choosing more money and "snubbing" HMFC. I just think he got cult hero status for no apparent reason other than frequenting social media. It isn't like he is a class apart in terms of quality, like Rudi plainly was.

EastSideJambo
11 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Not the playing ability.

I didn't use Kickback then, no  

It's becoming increasingly clear that Kickback isn't particularly representative of Hearts supporters view at large 

6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Except there is no similarity at all.

Incidentally, I've no problem with Milinkovic choosing more money and "snubbing" HMFC. I just think he got cult hero status for no apparent reason other than frequenting social media. It isn't like he is a class apart in terms of quality, like Rudi plainly was.

Right, I see you're unable to understand my EXTREMELY basic premise. So let me break it down for you then.

I'm NOT comparing the ability of the two players, for about the third ****ing time now. Not in any way, shape or form. What I AM saying is that, before Rudi Skacel re-joined us in 2010, he was a divisive character amongst the Hearts support, because many accused him of taking his foot off the gas for 6 months so he didn't risk jeopardising a big move that summer. 

There is a clear comparison between the two SITUATIONS, which I have pointed out. If you want to start a Rudi vs Milinkovic debate around their respective abilities, then start a poll. But do not quote me completely out of context to counter a point I wasn't even making.

Thank you.

Just now, EastSideJambo said:

I didn't use Kickback then, no  

It's becoming increasingly clear that Kickback isn't particularly representative of Hearts supporters view at large 

Then I can see why you misunderstood my point.

Prior to Rudi re-signing for Hearts in 2010, many on here held the same opinion of him as people do of Milinkovic now. 

EastSideJambo
3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Then I can see why you misunderstood my point.

Prior to Rudi re-signing for Hearts in 2010, many on here held the same opinion of him as people do of Milinkovic now. 

Their abilities couldn't be more different. Rudi was a proper class act

I always felt Milinkovic worked hard enough. Although there were times CL appeared frustrated with both his input and output. I recall the game at Dingwall where audibly CL could be heard telling DM that "he needed more" 

One thing I did think Milinkovic offered a fairly poor Hearts side last was an ability to get up the pitch 

For me it's a period that's gone. I'd be looking forward rather than looking back. Mulraney needs to do more and develop further. I had hoped things might come right re Amankwaa but I suspect that's false hope 

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Right, I see you're unable to understand my EXTREMELY basic premise. So let me break it down for you then.

I'm NOT comparing the ability of the two players, for about the third ****ing time now. Not in any way, shape or form. What I AM saying is that, before Rudi Skacel re-joined us in 2010, he was a divisive character amongst the Hearts support, because many accused him of taking his foot off the gas for 6 months so he didn't risk jeopardising a big move that summer. 

There is a clear comparison between the two SITUATIONS, which I have pointed out. If you want to start a Rudi vs Milinkovic debate around their respective abilities, then start a poll. But do not quote me completely out of context to counter a point I wasn't even making.

Thank you.

:laugh: Steady FFS!

The point I was making was that their ability reflects the desire, or otherwise, for a return.

And as regards the SITUATIONS, they still aren't comparable. For a start, Rudi actually played for other teams after he left us...

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:laugh: Steady FFS!

The point I was making was that their ability reflects the desire, or otherwise, for a return.

And as regards the SITUATIONS, they still aren't comparable. For a start, Rudi actually played for other teams after he left us...

You're right.

Hearts supporters saying Rudi wasn't that good in 2010 and Hearts supporters saying Milinkovic wasn't that good in 2018 aren't comparable.

Well done Geoff.

1 minute ago, EastSideJambo said:

Their abilities couldn't be more different. Rudi was a proper class act

Right. That, again, wasn't and isn't my point.

I honestly believe some folk wouldn’t actually recognise a good player if they smashed them square in the coupon with a shot from a mile away. 

EastSideJambo
Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I honestly believe some folk wouldn’t actually recognise a good player if they smashed them square in the coupon with a shot from a mile away. 

I think we get that you're a David Milinkovic fan boy.  Some people don't rate him so highly 

That's really quite ok. It's called differing opinion. Probably no need to get offended 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You're right.

Hearts supporters saying Rudi wasn't that good in 2010 and Hearts supporters saying Milinkovic wasn't that good in 2018 aren't comparable.

Well done Geoff.

Right. That, again, wasn't and isn't my point.

The number of Hearts supporters saying Rudi wasn't "that good" in 2010 are probably the same ones who wanted JJ to sign Tony Capaldi, i.e. not many.

The fact that people are having to actually try and persuade people that Milinkovic is desirable tells you why the situations aren't comparable.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The number of Hearts supporters saying Rudi wasn't "that good" in 2010 are probably the same ones who wanted JJ to sign Tony Capaldi, i.e. not many.

The fact that people are having to actually try and persuade people that Milinkovic is desirable tells you why the situations aren't comparable.

You know what Geoff? I can't actually be arsed arguing with you.

We clearly remember the past differently, so let's just leave it at that.

10 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Anyone who thinks Morrison has a better work rate than Skinny is off their head. 

Skinny had a relentless engine. 

I agree but there was a hell of a lot of bluster and wasted energy! He has really poor basic positional awareness, Austin (who regularly seems quite chilled) used to almost burst a blood vessel screaming at him to get back into position. 

That said, I did like him a lot like Suso he had a good attitude, bit of bite and could be a cracking player if managed right

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You know what Geoff? I can't actually be arsed arguing with you.

We clearly remember the past differently, so let's just leave it at that.

Cool. I was just going to add if we get rid of Amankwaa and there would be no net cost in obtaining Milinkovic then, absolutely, get him in on loan as he is a better player than Amankwaa. The point is, he would only be a squad option in this team.

10 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Not the playing ability.

I know what you meant.

And If DM did come back we'd all be out on our ears, he's one of those players who gets you out of your seat. :ninja:  

Edited by ri Alban

12 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Cool. I was just going to add if we get rid of Amankwaa and there would be no net cost in obtaining Milinkovic then, absolutely, get him in on loan as he is a better player than Amankwaa. The point is, he would only be a squad option in this team.

Everyone should only be a squad option.

If he found the same form as last year for us then he'd more often than not be a starter.

We haven't scored a goal in 4 straight matches...without Naismith we are toothless, adding someone like Milinkovic would help alleviate that burden on him. Morrison is an exciting player to watch but so far he has no end product. I wouldn't be shocked if he fails to score a goal all season.

14 hours ago, Sarah O said:

I think we should get Miko and Chesney back.  Loved them on the wings. 

My neighbours cats are named Miko and Chesny and as far as I'm aware they are both available.

Might be an agent's fee mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morrison plays best on the right wing and Milinkovic the left so they could complement each other.  Is there anything in the rumours on this thread?

Morrison is a good player but I'd like to see him get a bit stronger on the ball to hold off challenges, and obviously a bit more composure when shooting.  Both are achievable on the training ground and gym.

Could we find better than Milinkovic?  When he was good he was on fire but he was very inconsistent for us.  Our team is far better than last years so maybe that would help him of course.

9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Morrison plays best on the right wing and Milinkovic the left so they could complement each other.  Is there anything in the rumours on this thread?

Morrison is a good player but I'd like to see him get a bit stronger on the ball to hold off challenges, and obviously a bit more composure when shooting.  Both are achievable on the training ground and gym.

Could we find better than Milinkovic?  When he was good he was on fire but he was very inconsistent for us.  Our team is far better than last years so maybe that would help him of course.

A good and fair assessment. I like Morrison too, and I’m certainly not suggesting we stifle his growth. It’s mental how people always make that sort of jump. Football is a squad game nowadays and you need quality throughout. Don’t remember people suggesting that having Driver, Suso, Novikovas and Templeton as wide options was stifling anyone’s growth potential.

Amazed me why Levein was so wanting to sign him in pre-season. He never played him away from home in games and even at Tynie he was a bit-part player. Had he been given a run of games and try to build some consistency then i'd have seen the point. Was disappointed he didn't sign at the start of the season but now I couldn't give a monkeys. Levein has some decent players since then but also signed some baffling ones, Edwards and Mulraney spring to mind, can't keep wasting precious money on them and the likes of Martins and Sammons of this world. Save a few wages then sign some decent talent from other SPL clubs, there's plenty about.