Milinkovic on loan?

Caramoon

11 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Amazed me why Levein was so wanting to sign him in pre-season. He never played him away from home in games and even at Tynie he was a bit-part player. Had he been given a run of games and try to build some consistency then i'd have seen the point. Was disappointed he didn't sign at the start of the season but now I couldn't give a monkeys. Levein has some decent players since then but also signed some baffling ones, Edwards and Mulraney spring to mind, can't keep wasting precious money on them and the likes of Martins and Sammons of this world. Save a few wages then sign some decent talent from other SPL clubs, there's plenty about.

Every signing is a risk - more so at the bottom of the budget scale we are competing in.  Even at higher levels if you look at EPL teams splashing multi millions on players you will see two or three players that don't fit.

While not failures, everyone thought Sanchez for Man U would turn them back into title contenders but that hasn't worked, and Pogba isn't a stand-out either.   Money won't guarantee success but if you have enough of it like Man City, you can cover your mistakes easier!

Edited by frankblack

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• EastSideJambo

• Cruyff Turn

Our squad is a good winger short of being complete IMO, I would be delighted if we could get Milinkovic back on loan with an option to buy.

Hagar the Horrible
8 minutes ago, andrew said:

Our squad is a good winger short of being complete IMO, I would be delighted if we could get Milinkovic back on loan with an option to buy.

WE offered him terms,  for free, why would we buy now?   he wanted to stay, then an agent had a word in his ear, and he turned us down for more ££££  which he thought would be best for him?  WE are not going to buy him and offer less dosh than he is currently making for the side he cant make it in? 

I want the guy back, and this is a nother example of an agent doing whats best for the agent, sometimes playing regularily in a bigger window outweights an extra few bob sitting in the stand

rudi must stay
37 minutes ago, andrew said:

We are missing the runs inside (they unsettle defences) and workrate off the ball Naismith had, Milinkovic would be a good guy to have short term to replace that

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Amazed me why Levein was so wanting to sign him in pre-season. He never played him away from home in games and even at Tynie he was a bit-part player. Had he been given a run of games and try to build some consistency then i'd have seen the point. Was disappointed he didn't sign at the start of the season but now I couldn't give a monkeys. Levein has some decent players since then but also signed some baffling ones, Edwards and Mulraney spring to mind, can't keep wasting precious money on them and the likes of Martins and Sammons of this world. Save a few wages then sign some decent talent from other SPL clubs, there's plenty about.

Maybe because at the time, the players he had at his disposal weren't suited to playing with milinkovic in the team, however he knew that when he got the right players in then DM would fit in well to the way he wanted things 

36 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

We are missing the runs inside (they unsettle defences) and workrate off the ball Naismith had, Milinkovic would be a good guy to have short term to replace that

Naismith is due back before January, the last I read.

Edited by frankblack

1 hour ago, andrew said:

We are a winger short but we shouldn't be buying him as he isn't worth a fee.  There must be some better out-of-contract options around.  Mackay-Steven and Cadden are available in the summer for example. 

Almost everyone at Motherwell is available actually.  https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/the-most-interesting-expiring-contracts-in-the-scottish-premiership-1-4830575

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Levein has some decent players since then but also signed some baffling ones, Edwards and Mulraney spring to mind, can't keep wasting precious money on them and the likes of Martins and Sammons of this world. Save a few wages then sign some decent talent from other SPL clubs, there's plenty about.

Very unfair to compare Edwards and Mulraney to Martin and Sammon.  The former will be on Partick and ICT wages roughly speaking, and Edwards has not shown any penchant for hanging around not playing.  Mulraney has done a job when asked and similarly (I suspect) would quickly get a loan if not wanted.

Even comparing Sammon to Martin is unfair.  Sammon is awful but he's not been content to sit around not playing.

We will always take a chance on players like Edwards and Mulraney and we should - sometimes we will get a Hartley (or Haring).  We will probably make another Sammon-type signing that doesn't work out.  We better not make another Martin-type signing though.

19 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Maybe because at the time, the players he had at his disposal weren't suited to playing with milinkovic in the team, however he knew that when he got the right players in then DM would fit in well to the way he wanted things 

As I said, I was a bit disappointed he never returned in the summer as I thought he'd be a decent choice with the squad Levein was trying to put together. Not sure about comparing last seasons team to this seasons, sure we've brought in a more attack-minded style and the midfield may have changed but we still had a few decent attacking options then, Cowie wasn't slow at getting forward, and we had Lafferty, Naismith came in and we also had Mitchell getting forward on the left, something he's lacking this season and also young Macdonald. Milinkovic was very under-used last season. The problem was that Levein didn't fancy him away from home, he said himself against Celtic at Parkhead recently that he preferred to make things difficult rather than attack them, this isn't unusual for him, especially in games away from home, if you don't attack, you don't win. Amankwa was brought in and hasn't been given a decent chance to show what he can do. Bit-part players like him and Milinkovic will never be match sharp if they're sitting on their arses every week. We are struggling for goals, we need as many attacking options as we can find. Selling Lafferty to the devil didn't help things.

1 hour ago, Jambo83 said:

I have a mad solution, play Mitchell on the left wing..

Here's something even crazier: play Garuccio behind him at LB and actually play with a strong left side rather than chucking Djoum out of position

27 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

young American winger coming in on trial, who's name I cant remember.canny see milinkovic anywhere near tynie.

Killian Colombie is his name (or something similar) Think he's French but went to the states when he was young. Last I read he'd scored 10 goals, 5 assists in 15 games for his team this season.

Edited by jambonian

2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

WE offered him terms,  for free, why would we buy now?   he wanted to stay, then an agent had a word in his ear, and he turned us down for more ££££  which he thought would be best for him?  WE are not going to buy him and offer less dosh than he is currently making for the side he cant make it in? 

I want the guy back, and this is a nother example of an agent doing whats best for the agent, sometimes playing regularily in a bigger window outweights an extra few bob sitting in the stand

Pretty sure this is inaccurate. I thought we had agreed a transfer fee with his parent club, but couldn’t agree personal terms.

EastSideJambo
30 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Pretty sure this is inaccurate. I thought we had agreed a transfer fee with his parent club, but couldn’t agree personal terms.

That was my understanding of the situation 

49 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Killian Colombie is his name (or something similar) Think he's French but went to the states when he was young. Last I read he'd scored 10 goals, 5 assists in 15 games for his team this season.

that's the one.

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Interesting to hear Djoum wants to extend his contract 

great news and makes a change from our best players (which he is one IMO) wanting to leave. Shows we're in a good place, and I hope the new deals sorted out very quickly

Edited by rudi must stay

4 hours ago, Doomgoose said:

Here's something even crazier: play Garuccio behind him at LB and actually play with a strong left side rather than chucking Djoum out of position

Reminds me of the mike basset scene when he is on the bus and asks the fans what they would do... after lots of positive input he tells them to gtf

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

David wants back here and will be pushing his agent for a move (loan). 

He can push for it all he wants, he wont get it imo. He had his chance.

I like him but why would we entertain someone who is obviously only driven by cash.

3 hours ago, Gary Locke said:

Seen Jamie Walker post this... surely more of a shout than Milnkovic

#Karma

as pleasant as a bloke he is, he's another one driven by money

2 hours ago, Sharky999 said:

He can push for it all he wants, he wont get it imo. He had his chance.

I like him but why would we entertain someone who is obviously only driven by cash.

Because life at times isnt always black and white...so maybe he was driven purely by the €£€£....who knows, maybe the eureka moment has fallen with him since....?? We all make questionable decisions....He was a decent player who added to the team, not always, but only a fool would look at our current squad and not admit DM wouldnt add to our team and tally of points...

If he came back eating a wee bit of humble pie and knuckled down and helped the team, I would encourage that scenerio.... ☺

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

Because life at times isnt always black and white...so maybe he was driven purely by the €£€£....who knows, maybe the eureka moment has fallen with him since....?? We all make questionable decisions....He was a decent player who added to the team, not always, but only a fool would look at our current squad and not admit DM wouldnt add to our team and tally of points...

If he came back eating a wee bit of humble pie and knuckled down and helped the team, I would encourage that scenerio.... ☺

I dont disagree with anything  you say, as i said I like him as a player and he did give us something different.

I just cant see it. ?

14 minutes ago, Sharky999 said:

I dont disagree with anything  you say, as i said I like him as a player and he did give us something different.

I just cant see it. ?

i certainly see it as a possibility, would love to know CL's thoughts.

He chose to play in a league of overall higher standard and making more money.

The move for whatever reason hasn't worked. He is miles out of the picture. Hull will want rid and I doubt difficult to deal with.

To all who said "he chose to chase the cash", what a f'kin ridiculous statement, he is a professional footballer.

The deal was right right for both party's. Hull didn't sign him not to play him, they believed in him.

He is basically their Maloury Martin/Conor Sammon. You want to hope that he is telling his agent to get him out.

Would I prefer Milinkovic in the team to Mulraney, Amankwaa, Clare and Wighton at this time, absolutely. Unlike others he had a desire to get forward, carried a goal threat and made runs into the box. BIt of a loose cannon and could not be moulded into a safety first clone on the training field. We are missing Naismith more than anyone else because he wants to get forward and others around him respond to his energy and enthusiasm, I am not suggesting DM is a Naismith, but he does understand that you need to get forward to score goals.

2 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

He’s got a short career so I’m not even sure it was a questionable decision he went to where he got the most money like most people would do in any given profession. 

I think his agent might have pissed on CLs cornflakes over the agreed deal so that’s might have a bearing on his return.

I’d also argue he can’t be that driven by cash if he wants a return to play if it was all about money he’d just sit on his erchie at Hull and pick up the cash!

I wouldn’t rule it out nor would I rule a Walker return out at this stage.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

I wouldn’t rule it out nor would I rule a Walker return out at this stage.

Not sure why Walker's name keeps appearing.

Admittedly, he is not in the starting 11 week by week, but he generally takes part.

For a team challenging for promotion to the championship, I see no reason for him to be totally unhappy.

I notice too, that Osman Sow has been nowhere near the first team squad at MK all season

You wonder if he is incapable of passing a fitness test.

Pasquale for King
On 20/11/2018 at 12:36, reaths17 said:

young American winger coming in on trial, who's name I cant remember.canny see milinkovic anywhere near tynie.

He’s 23 and CL said he’s nowhere near first team level. 

Pasquale for King

I’ve no doubt CL was raging when it turned out Milinkovic decided to knock us back, it would be slightly hypocritical to hold a grudge seeing as all his playing and managerial career he’s eulogised about moving to a bigger league with higher wages etc. 

It would be great to have him back but I think we’re a bit stretched wage budget wise, if he’s not going to play Mitchell at LB or give him a run at LW what’s the point of having him, send him back and get someone else.

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s 23 and CL said he’s nowhere near first team level. 

No danger we’ll be signing him then when we’ve got 2 or 3 in the same position that aren’t really first choice XI. Morrison is only really playing there because there is no one else.

I still think Chris Cadden is his no.1 target for that right wing/wing back spot. Like Wighton he’s been after him for a while. Strong, quick, good crosser. His contracts up at the end of the season so we could offer them some money in January. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

No danger we’ll be signing him then when we’ve got 2 or 3 in the same position that aren’t really first choice XI. Morrison is only really playing there because there is no one else.

I still think Chris Cadden is his no.1 target for that right wing/wing back spot. Like Wighton he’s been after him for a while. Strong, quick, good crosser. His contracts up at the end of the season so we could offer them some money in January. 

Possibly, was there not a thread about a Motherwell fan itk saying he was signing for us? Good player and can play that role on the right FB/WB/RW that a few teams have these days.

Cadden has just been ruled out for 4 months. 

Cant remember exactly what the injury was but was in the bbc gossip column this morning 

so doubt he would be singing in january

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Possibly, was there not a thread about a Motherwell fan itk saying he was signing for us? Good player and can play that role on the right FB/WB/RW that a few teams have these days.

Cadden out injured for a few months.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t know, hadn’t seen that thread. 

1 minute ago, BM1874 said:

Cadden has just been ruled out for 4 months. 

Cant remember exactly what the injury was but was in the bbc gossip column this morning 

so doubt he would be singing in january

That’s a shame, might be a summer signing then. Maybe a loan signing in January. 

2 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Must admit I don't get all the fuss about Cadden.

Agreed any big game I've seen him in the two cup finals against celtic last season he looked extremely nervous and not going to lie sort of shat the bed.

Milinkovic on loan from January would make sense. He was offered bigger money and a chance down south. It hasn’t worked (yet) back here he could bring us that something different. Saturday we were cutting out for someone to worry St Mirren but sadly we had no one on the park or on the bench, Harry maybe but basically no one else. 

17 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Agree with that.

Looked a prospect 2/3 seasons ago but his progress seems to have stalled.

7 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Admittedly, he is not in the starting 11 week by week, but he generally takes part.

For a team challenging for promotion to the championship, I see no reason for him to be totally unhappy.

I notice too, that Osman Sow has been nowhere near the first team squad at MK all season

Walker's played for 2 teams already this season is there not a limit to how many you can play for

EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Walker's played for 2 teams already this season is there not a limit to how many you can play for

Hopefully. Massive step backwards 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Cadden out injured for a few months.

Signing a pre contract with us in January according to someone on here. I’ve not been that impressed with him to be honest but he seems to be highly rated at the club and a good player for Motherwell.

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, The Apprentice said:

I agree. I think he’s average at best. I’ve only ever seen him play against us and for Scotland’s youth teams though. In the 21s the 3 or 4 times I saw him play he was the worst player In blue 

Hull Hell & Hearts
2 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Milinkovic on loan from January would make sense. He was offered bigger money and a chance down south. It hasn’t worked (yet) back here he could bring us that something different. Saturday we were cutting out for someone to worry St Mirren but sadly we had no one on the park or on the bench, Harry maybe but basically no one else. 

Not sure it will ever work here now! He's doing everything he can to burn his bridges. Turned up late last night having finally got into the first team squad... https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/nigel-adkins-refuses-discuss-david-2266787

Holyrood_Hearts
9 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Yet you’ll have people on here tell you not signing Sow was a mistake by CL.

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Yet you’ll have people on here tell you not signing Sow was a mistake by CL.

He’s not even been on the bench but who knows if he’s fit or not playing because of his wages etc. CL was looking at him so he wanted an experienced striker in to replace Lafferty but obviously didn’t get one, probably should have.