What does Craig Levein see that we don’t?

Muppetboy

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• EastSideJambo

• Beast Boy

22 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Not McLean. Many here believe they can spot a player and also someone who may not cut it. I’m not making any judgement as I’ve seen neither long enough to judge. I’ll leave that to others

So did you start this thread on behalf of other people?

5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

So did you start this thread on behalf of other people?

Really didn’t think as deeply about it as you seemed to have done. 

23 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I don’t know the first thing about Sean Clare but he was very highly thought of down south.

People who know way more about Scottish football than me think the same about Wighton. I thought, first half yesterday we saw what Wighton is capable of. 

Be a few weeks before we’ll see better but the wait will be worth it IMO

CL also gets to see them train all week, which we don’t 

Spot on. 

This second striker/attacking midfielder has been a problem position during the current regime.  Some of the players have been successful and some have been successful in other positions.  We've had players who were already at the club and who could play that position.  Walker, Nicholson, King, Robinson, Paterson.

And then the signings.  El Hassnaoui, Anderson, Cowie, Djoum, Reilly, Muirhead, Martin, Watt, Amankwaa, Naismith. Clare, Mulraney, MacLean, Wighton. 

Some of these haven't really started yet but of the tested players with the exception of Djoum and Naismith they have been very poor signings.

30 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Really didn’t think as deeply about it as you seemed to have done. 

Hardly - I just saw you saying twice on the first page that "other people are saying..."

Both were signed for potential, probably looking towards next season rather than this. Classic John Souttar type signings, cheap and low risk but with a possible high return.

wattie exploited
11 hours ago, Thomaso said:

This is true.  Unfortunately in the games he has played Wighton reminds me of Reilly.

Reilly was,nt that shit :rifle:

What CL sees that many don’t is the plan he had for the start of the season and no one can argue it didn’t work. 

He bought a squad of players to play a specific way, one designed to win us games home and away.

within the squad was a core of 8 players who were vital to the team. We’ve lost 4 of them to long term injury. All the rest of the players were to be rotated around the core of the team. We are struggling without these players particularly up front. We’re lucky in a sense that those who are left are good enough to stay competitive.

Clearly Clare and Wighton were to be introduced slowly into the team, it’s much easier to come into a settled winning team. 

Naismith took the best part of 4 months to get anywhere near his best last season yet here we have people writing off Clare after a couple of games, very few players with no experience of Scottish football could shine in a derby in their first game. Wighton is work in progress and will be in and out of the team this season and hopefully we’ll see the best of him next season.

We've lost 2 of our most influential and experienced players who talk these rookies through games, it can’t be underestimated how badly we miss Berra and Naismith. And with Uche out we’re having to change our style of play without key personnel to do so.

Morrison, Mitchell, Dunne are still very young and are being asked to really step up while we try and integrate the likes of Clare and Wighton. 

Harring and Djoum are doing double shifts out there to get us through these games at the moment, with MacLean doing what he can up front. 

Nelly Terraces

Early days for both players mentioned by the OP but I do have reservations over both. Especially Wighton who doesn't look hungry enough to be striker imho. 

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

What CL sees that many don’t is the plan he had for the start of the season and no one can argue it didn’t work. 

He bought a squad of players to play a specific way, one designed to win us games home and away.

within the squad was a core of 8 players who were vital to the team. We’ve lost 4 of them to long term injury. All the rest of the players were to be rotated around the core of the team. We are struggling without these players particularly up front. We’re lucky in a sense that those who are left are good enough to stay competitive.

Clearly Clare and Wighton were to be introduced slowly into the team, it’s much easier to come into a settled winning team. 

Naismith took the best part of 4 months to get anywhere near his best last season yet here we have people writing off Clare after a couple of games, very few players with no experience of Scottish football could shine in a derby in their first game. Wighton is work in progress and will be in and out of the team this season and hopefully we’ll see the best of him next season.

We've lost 2 of our most influential and experienced players who talk these rookies through games, it can’t be underestimated how badly we miss Berra and Naismith. And with Uche out we’re having to change our style of play without key personnel to do so.

Morrison, Mitchell, Dunne are still very young and are being asked to really step up while we try and integrate the likes of Clare and Wighton. 

Harring and Djoum are doing double shifts out there to get us through these games at the moment, with MacLean doing what he can up front. 

This

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Superb post

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Nailed it.

Results showed this SPECIFIC game plan works. Wasn't luck. Wasn't some hodge podge plan worked out on the back of a fag packet. It was carefully and methodically planned by CL and his team. 

To then have half the core of this superb plan taken out was bound to cause problems. An injury to one or perhaps 2 of the core could have been dealt with but 4? Very very unlucky and unfortunately CL is now having to patch this up which is no easy task. 

We are firing on 50% of our capabilities right now so results will dip.

34 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Nailed it.

Results showed this SPECIFIC game plan works. Wasn't luck. Wasn't some hodge podge plan worked out on the back of a fag packet. It was carefully and methodically planned by CL and his team. 

To then have half the core of this superb plan taken out was bound to cause problems. An injury to one or perhaps 2 of the core could have been dealt with but 4? Very very unlucky and unfortunately CL is now having to patch this up which is no easy task. 

We are firing on 50% of our capabilities right now so results will dip.

Thats it for me it’s going to be a difficult time but at least we know what a full strength team can do.

I dread to think what last season would’ve been like without Berra.

On 12/11/2018 at 12:10, i8hibsh said:

They are both getting their chance due to injuries and both are not taking it.  Simple as that.  They will not be here long.

Hopefully longer than you. I would guess your initial summation of their abilities will be on a par with your early thoughts on John Souttar.  You can spot a player, no doubt. 

2 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

Hopefully longer than you. I would guess your initial summation of their abilities will be on a par with your early thoughts on John Souttar.  You can spot a player, no doubt. 

Yes, been a Jambo for decades.  Been judging players for decades and I called it wrong on John Souttar.  Shocking record that.

Pasquale for King
On 11/11/2018 at 21:35, Jamhammer said:

I don’t know the first thing about Sean Clare but he was very highly thought of down south.

People who know way more about Scottish football than me think the same about Wighton. I thought, first half yesterday we saw what Wighton is capable of. 

Be a few weeks before we’ll see better but the wait will be worth it IMO

CL also gets to see them train all week, which we don’t 

How many folk on here don’t know that CL let’s his coaches take training until Thursday?

Pasquale for King
On 11/11/2018 at 21:35, queensferryjambo said:

What Levein sees that we don't is the players training every day.

Edit - I see Jamhammer beat me to it :) 

He doesn’t get involved until a Thursday, he’s said this many times.

Pasquale for King
On 12/11/2018 at 11:36, sadj said:

Dont you start being bloody sensible....

Can anyone confirm if its our choice where Mitchell plays or if were required by his loan to develop him as a left back? He’s been very frustrating this season. Is it because he’s playing in a better team or a forced shape he’s struggling to show his best in?

Seeing as he’s played on both wings it has to be our choice, one that our stubborn manager seems determined not to try again.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

How many folk on here don’t know that CL let’s his coaches take training until Thursday?

Unless he just ignores what they tell him then the point still stands. The coaches see the training all week. I don't think Wighton or Clare would be playing without our current injury crisis and I do think both will come good.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Unless he just ignores what they tell him then the point still stands. The coaches see the training all week. I don't think Wighton or Clare would be playing without our current injury crisis and I do think both will come good.

I think most folk said what he SEES in training, not what he’s told. It’s easier to get a feel for how someone’s confidence and okay is in training by watching them. I fail to see anything on the field with free kicks/corners or subs that show that our coaches are helping CL to any great degree. CL took 5 minutes to make a change on Saturday, put Wighton left for two minutes after the 2nd change then changes the LB 12 minutes after the goal with 8 minutes to play. It all looked a bit unprepared and shambolic to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think most folk said what he SEES in training, not what he’s told. It’s easier to get a feel for how someone’s confidence and okay is in training by watching them. I fail to see anything on the field with free kicks/corners or subs that show that our coaches are helping CL to any great degree. CL took 5 minutes to make a change on Saturday, put Wighton left for two minutes after the 2nd change then changes the LB 12 minutes after the goal with 8 minutes to play. It all looked a bit unprepared and shambolic to be honest. 

Shame shambolic coaching/ management that had us top of the league no? I get that folk are pissed off with current results but some of the comments this week have been beyond laughable.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Jamhammer said:

Shame shambolic coaching/ management that had us top of the league no? I get that folk are pissed off with current results but some of the comments this week have been beyond laughable.

Indeed but things have changed and they’ve not come up with anything to sort it. I said on Saturday, it doesn’t take Nostradamus to see Killie keeping it tight and scoring in the last quarter of the game, the changes should’ve been thought out beforehand and implemented instantly. 

I think we could cope with losing any player in the team if Naismith was plaiying, he scored the majority of our goals and is the best player in the league imo. We’re still scratching around looking for an answer, it has to be found by the next game if we want to stay ahead of the chasing pack close behind us who are all in top form it seems.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed but things have changed and they’ve not come up with anything to sort it. I said on Saturday, it doesn’t take Nostradamus to see Killie keeping it tight and scoring in the last quarter of the game, the changes should’ve been thought out beforehand and implemented instantly. 

I think we could cope with losing any player in the team if Naismith was plaiying, he scored the majority of our goals and is the best player in the league imo. We’re still scratching around looking for an answer, it has to be found by the next game if we want to stay ahead of the chasing pack close behind us who are all in top form it seems.

Well we agree on Naismith if not much else. We were just about coping with the other injuries but losing him has severely hurt us going forward. Hopefully there is an answer and we find it over the next week or two

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Well we agree on Naismith if not much else. We were just about coping with the other injuries but losing him has severely hurt us going forward. Hopefully there is an answer and we find it over the next week or two

Agreed.

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We won't find an answer to Naismith not playing, it's that simple. 

Rangers lost Morelos and Lafferty at the same time and Aberdeen done to them what Killie done to us. 

We're in that situation pretty much until January. 

There isn't an answer that any fan will like. 

Clare and Wighton haven’t had the immediate impact we had hoped, so it's a case of going from game to game and use what we have. 

We are a worse team without him, add in ulche, Souttar and Berra and the answer us obvious why our form is dipping. 

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

We won't find an answer to Naismith not playing, it's that simple. 

Rangers lost Morelos and Lafferty at the same time and Aberdeen done to them what Killie done to us. 

We're in that situation pretty much until January. 

There isn't an answer that any fan will like. 

Clare and Wighton haven’t had the immediate impact we had hoped, so it's a case of going from game to game and use what we have. 

We are a worse team without him, add in ulche, Souttar and Berra and the answer us obvious why our form is dipping. 

I don’t think they’ve tried everything though, Haring and Maclean/Wighton up top. Djoum/Claire/Lee at 10, Mitchell wide left etc. It’s a bit defeatist to just accept we will be crap until late December or after the winter break don’t you think?

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not sure what the obvious changes are we could have made after Killie scored. MacDonald was already on. We didn't have a backup striker so left both strikers on to try to get a goal. There were no obvious match winners on the bench. We had a few shots the last 15 and in general it was a game on any other day we'd have won. As everyone can see we lack a cutting edge and focal point up front without Naismith and Uche. We had plenty of the ball and enough shots but shots on target tells its own story.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not sure what the obvious changes are we could have made after Killie scored. MacDonald was already on. We didn't have a backup striker so left both strikers on to try to get a goal. There were no obvious match winners on the bench. We had a few shots the last 15 and in general it was a game on any other day we'd have won. As everyone can see we lack a cutting edge and focal point up front without Naismith and Uche. We had plenty of the ball and enough shots but shots on target tells its own story.

It’s not up to us to see what changes should be made though is it? The point is they seemed unaware what to do in that totally foreseeable situation. 

Mitchell on left wing and overloading that side and Haring up front ( a change they made eventually) for a start. Clare on for Wighton. Cochrane on for Lee. There’s  three changes that might’ve worked but we won’t know.

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s not up to us to see what changes should be made though is it? The point is they seemed unaware what to do in that totally foreseeable situation. 

Mitchell on left wing and overloading that side and Haring up front ( a change they made eventually) for a start. Clare on for Wighton. Cochrane on for Lee. There’s  three changes that might’ve worked but we won’t know.

Well, yes we won't know if they would have worked or led to us conceding another goal. It's easy being an armchair manager with the benefit of hindsight. I'm pretty sure they'll have various scenarios worked out though. Perhaps not as specific as Killie score with 15 left though! But maybe, who knows. The fact is none of Mitchell, Clare and Cochrane are obvious game changers and match winners. We brought on MacDonald for fresh legs in attack and left both strikers on, suggesting we were going for the win before Killie scored. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Well, yes we won't know if they would have worked or led to us conceding another goal. It's easy being an armchair manager with the benefit of hindsight. I'm pretty sure they'll have various scenarios worked out though. Perhaps not as specific as Killie score with 15 left though! But maybe, who knows. The fact is none of Mitchell, Clare and Cochrane are obvious game changers and match winners. We brought on MacDonald for fresh legs in attack and left both strikers on, suggesting we were going for the win before Killie scored. 

LWho is an armchair manager, I was at the game not far from the bench and the time it took to get the changes made was way to slow. Losing another goal wouldn’t have made any difference would it? Getting a goal would’ve seen us still top. It was the 72nd minute and not unexpected unfortunately. People seem to think being a football manager is some sort of mystical task, some of the most stupid ***** you’re ever likely to meet are successful at it. If we have two attacking players missing and we have nothing else to change a game then that also doesn’t reflect too well on the management does it? 

Edited by Pasquale for King

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

LWho is an armchair manager, I was at the game not far from the bench and the time it took to get the changes made was way to slow. Losing another goal wouldn’t have made any difference would it? Getting a goal would’ve seen us still top. It was the 72nd minute and not unexpected unfortunately. People seem to think being a football manager is some sort of mystical task, some of the most stupid ***** you’re ever likely to meet are successful at it. If we have two attacking players missing and we have nothing else to change a game then that also doesn’t reflect too well on the management does it? 

Thought our injury problems were well-documented. Take any other team in the league's top two strikers out of the equation and they'd all be struggling to have adequate backup on from the start never mind the bench? Nothing about Clare, Mitchell and Cochrane would have made me too excited to see them come on earlier in that game. Haring pushed up maybe but he's also important in midfield. Just think we didn't;t lose that game because of tactics and substitutions. We lost because out of 13 shots only 3 were on target and none went in! That's directly related to our injury problems. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Thought our injury problems were well-documented. Take any other team in the league's top two strikers out of the equation and they'd all be struggling to have adequate backup on from the start never mind the bench? Nothing about Clare, Mitchell and Cochrane would have made me too excited to see them come on earlier in that game. Haring pushed up maybe but he's also important in midfield. Just think we didn't;t lose that game because of tactics and substitutions. We lost because out of 13 shots only 3 were on target and none went in! That's directly related to our injury problems. 

Fair enough but it’s up to the management to find a solution, once again we’ve been hit by injury which CL did foresee and explained himself that’s why we needed a bigger squad. We started the season with four main strikers, we will have four main strikers when Uche returns. We gambled on being ok with three from September to January and we lost. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair enough but it’s up to the management to find a solution, once again we’ve been hit by injury which CL did foresee and explained himself that’s why we needed a bigger squad. We started the season with four main strikers, we will have four main strikers when Uche returns. We gambled on being ok with three from September to January and we lost. 

How many first-team ready strikers do other teams have? Hibs seem to only have 3, including a youngster. Same with Celtic. We tried and failed to get Vanacek early. If there was a fit, capable striker out there we could have got for a few months within our budget I'm sure we would have signed him. Levein's done great job to build a much deeper squad this season and has been incredibly unlucky with injuries. Dunne and Dikamona have been great finds to cover for injuries in defence. As we've seen for the last few years, finding strikers is much harder. Still top of the league on pts though!

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You seem to be a budding manager in the making.  Eh, I don't think.

How many players for each position should we sign (and finance)?

You do not seem to get it, or rather do not WANT to get it.  It's not so much that we have players injured, it's that the injured players happen to be our best and most influential.  Berra and Naismith, especially, have qualities well beyond their playing ability.  Their experience and leadership qualities radiate throughout the team and when they are lost, we are missing more than just 2 players.  Is that beyond understanding?

It is to the manager's credit that we have somewhat managed to minimise the CD problem but available and affordable strikers don't grow on trees - unless you know differently.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How many first-team ready strikers do other teams have? Hibs seem to only have 3, including a youngster. Same with Celtic. We tried and failed to get Vanacek early. If there was a fit, capable striker out there we could have got for a few months within our budget I'm sure we would have signed him. Levein's done great job to build a much deeper squad this season and has been incredibly unlucky with injuries. Dunne and Dikamona have been great finds to cover for injuries in defence. As we've seen for the last few years, finding strikers is much harder. Still top of the league on pts though!

I’m not really worried about what other teams have, if he wanted 4 strikers he should’ve got a short term loan in and not bothered about Wighton, who we probably could’ve picked up next summer for less than we paid. Or kept Keena around.

portobellojambo1
On 11/11/2018 at 21:25, Muppetboy said:

In reference to the ineffectual Sean Clare and Craig wighton. There’s many on here who would like to think they know a player when they see one, but the majority believe they may not cut it. I have faith in Craig but is it misplaced sometimes?

No manager will ever get it right 100% of the time. And I think it is safe to say that if there is a manager out there whose success rate was say 95%+ he wouldn't be plying his trade at Tynecastle. For the two players you mention I do suspect that both of them are being used within the first team much earlier than was planned. I think it is reasonable to believe that any manager who manages to get his side playing in a certain way, and we were good to watch in the first few weeks of the season, they will not have set out to play that way in the belief that in reasonably quick succession said manager would lose the spine of his defence and the two main men tasked with stretching the defence and scoring the goals. I think, that as players regain fitness then the likes of Wighton and Clare will revert to being squad players. If we get back to playing how we were early on they will then benefit from a different level of confidence, as that returns to the squad, and that and the additional time may help them to settle into the side second time round.

If McLean is to be included in a grouping of those who have failed to shine I think that is a bit harsh. I don't think anyone, whether employed by HMFC or standing/sitting watching what is happening on the park really visualised McLean as being thrust in to a single striker role. Again I think he will retun to what we expect from him as players start coming back into the squad.

Edited by portobellojambo1

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not really worried about what other teams have, if he wanted 4 strikers he should’ve got a short term loan in and not bothered about Wighton, who we probably could’ve picked up next summer for less than we paid. Or kept Keena around.

That's right.  You don't have to pay any wages for good quality strikers.  Oh, wait!

Can you tell us what injuries we're going to have in the 1st half of next year so CL can get the reinforcements in and avoid upsetting you?

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You seem to be a budding manager in the making.  Eh, I don't think.

How many players for each position should we sign (and finance)?

You do not seem to get it, or rather do not WANT to get it.  It's not so much that we have players injured, it's that the injured players happen to be our best and most influential.  Berra and Naismith, especially, have qualities well beyond their playing ability.  Their experience and leadership qualities radiate throughout the team and when they are lost, we are missing more than just 2 players.  Is that beyond understanding?

It is to the manager's credit that we have somewhat managed to minimise the CD problem but available and affordable strikers don't grow on trees - unless you know differently.

If you had bothered to read my posts you would see I get the injury situation but CL inferred he bought so many players that he was covered for injuries, that always happen to us more than others it seems.

Why not perhaps get a short term loan in instead of buying Wighton, who we could’ve got in January or next summer. I can guarantee that there wasn’t a queue for his services. How’s that for management, which I do extremely successfully thanks.

Back to finance, last season you reckoned Steve Clarke was a one season wonder. He’s just beat CL for the 3rd time in a year. You said we didnt know what their or Hibs budget was and that we were all at a similar level? You thought I forgot, I’ve been waiting on you opening your huge illinforned mouth for a while. 

58641BA2-940D-4927-99D9-02B29789ACCB.jpeg

FB725FF2-D97F-4653-A0A9-9B38390EAC2D.jpeg

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's right.  You don't have to pay any wages for good quality strikers.  Oh, wait!

Can you tell us what injuries we're going to have in the 1st half of next year so CL can get the reinforcements in and avoid upsetting you?

did I say we didn’t have to pay? Did I not say use that money WASTED on Wighton for someone else. Uche cane from a lower league level, a loanee from the championship or league 1 would’ve sufficed. Who knows what injuries the medical department will misdiagnose in the near future, again.

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If you had bothered to read my posts you would see I get the injury situation but CL inferred he bought so many players that he was covered for injuries, that always happen to us more than others it seems.

Why not perhaps get a short term loan in instead of buying Wighton, who we could’ve got in January or next summer. I can guarantee that there wasn’t a queue for his services. How’s that for management, which I do extremely successfully thanks.

Back to finance, last season you reckoned Steve Clarke was a one season wonder. He’s just beat CL for the 3rd time in a year. You said we didnt know what their or Hibs budget was and that we were all at a similar level? You thought I forgot, I’ve been waiting on you opening your huge illinforned mouth for a while. 

58641BA2-940D-4927-99D9-02B29789ACCB.jpeg

FB725FF2-D97F-4653-A0A9-9B38390EAC2D.jpeg

You still don't get it.  It's not that we've lost players to injury so much as the qualities the injured players bring to the table.

Re Clarke I said he had done little anywhere previously and so far I'll concede he's doing very well, relatively speaking.

Self-praise is no honour re your management abilities but such is your modesty that I'd find any argument overwhelming.

On Wighton CL must have seen the timing as an opportunity before others stepped in.   If we had signed a decent loanee with that money, he would not necessarily have had any more success than Wighton and would probably have hot-footed it back to his parent club in May leaving us with nothing.  With Wighton signed on contract, I'm sure CL saw that in the longer term as better value for money.  If he turns out to be a hoot, we may even gain a big transfer fee or at least a permanent squad player.  Is that not good management?

29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You really are a moron, did I say we didn’t have to pay? Did I not say use that money WASTED on Wighton for someone else. Uche cane from a lower league level, a loanee from the championship or league 1 would’ve sufficed. Who knows what injuries the medical department will misdiagnose in the near future, again.

I did not ask about the medical department.

You seemed to think CL could have foreseen these injuries so I am asking you, with your self claimed managerial prowess, to foresee what injuries we are likely to have from Jan to May.  CL could then get cover in early and not upset you.

PS - How's Jason Holt doing these days?

tartofmidlothian

It's frustrating watching new players bed into a team, especially young ones short of fitness and confidence, and doubly so when the team's been flying and they have to be thrown in at the deep end. Look at Burns and Edwards, though. Very uninspiring starts to the season and now they're among the standouts of the teams they're with.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I did not ask about the medical department.

You seemed to think CL could have foreseen these injuries so I am asking you, with your self claimed managerial prowess, to foresee what injuries we are likely to have from Jan to May.  CL could then get cover in early and not upset you.

PS - How's Jason Holt doing these days?

Levein said he could foresee injuries and that’s why he had a big squad, at no point did i say I could foresee who would be injured. What I can see is if I have a great player and I let his international team play him for 90 minutes in an friendly, when he’s played more football than most, when others have been rested it may catch up with him. If I had a guy who was injured and then couldn’t be diagnosed, or was misdiagnosed I wouldn’t play him and take a gamble that failed to come off. If you don’t think the medical department is involved with our injury crisis then you’re wrong. It’s lovely that you can question my managerial prowess but I get a warning for calling you a name. Holt is on loan at Fleetwood Town, mid table in League one which is slightly  lower level than ours. I’m sure Clarke will be happy at your grudged praise, and that he’s doing a great job with much less resources than Hearts,Hibs & Aberdeen ?.

Edited by Pasquale for King

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Levein said he could foresee injuries and that’s why he had a big squad, at no point did i say I could foresee who would be injured. What I can see is if I have a great player and I let his international team play him for 90 minutes in an friendly, when he’s played more football than most, when others have been rested it may catch up with him. If I had a guy who was injured and then couldn’t be diagnosed, or was misdiagnosed I wouldn’t play him and take a gamble that failed to come off. If you don’t think the medical department is involved with our injury crisis then you’re wrong. It’s lovely that you can question my managerial prowess but I get a warning for calling you a name.

Who are you talking about?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Who are you talking about?

You’re not very good at reading between the lines are you? Naismith played 90 minutes against Portugal, chasing shadows after playing another 90 minutes in the heat of Israel chasing shadows for 90 minutes. Levein should’ve done what many other managers do and politely request that our main asset not play for the whole game (Tierney was allowed to leave the squad, tired at 21 yo ffs).

Naismith then played against Dundee, probably should’ve been subbed right after our third goal, gets an injury but plays on and is subbed eventually. He then injures the same knee in the warm up at Murrayfield and our season stutters badly.

Now if CL couldn’t foresee the possibility of that happening he’s not the man that most people on here think he is.