• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redjambo

• EIEIO

• Sharpie

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think someone did hit him in the face but it didn't really look like a punch.  Still out of order. Me also looked like he was ducking coins when he went to get the ball

Some lad threw the ball at his stomach, as he bent down to grab it he was punched in the jaw. Also a cup thrown at him for good measure.

It looked like he got hit in the face. Unsure if deliberate punch but certainly stupid and reckless. Looked worse than the Aberdeen fan on Jimmy

Did anyone see see what happened with Lennon? Apparently goading the fans and hit by something?

Not great from Hibs. I've always wondered why given how tight the goals are to the stands, we don't have some sort of netting up to protect the keeper from being hit with stuff? 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Not great from Hibs. I've always wondered why given how tight the goals are to the stands, we don't have some sort of netting up to protect the keeper from being hit with stuff? 

It may well be on its way. Of course it would only have to be used for certain games involving certain scummy supports.

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Tight netting required to stop 5p coins 

Bobby went fearlessly to get the ball - like right to them. Asked for the ball and was thrown at him and as mentioned above got hooked as he bent for it - would say it wasn't a completely closed fist in my opinion. 

It was matched with a few missiles. 

Afterwards he then got up and applauded the hibs fans which then resulted in at least another half a dozen missiles 

tartofmidlothian

Was any of this shown on telly? The BBC are reporting on Lennon getting hit but none of this. Hopefully there's CCTV at least.

Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

Was any of this shown on telly? The BBC are reporting on Lennon getting hit but none of this. Hopefully there's CCTV at least.

Yes

Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

Clear as day on national TV. No CCTV required.

Guy with the olive green jacket on. You can see him clearly on the TV. Should be easy to identify. 

Filth. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

AlphonseCapone

Was 100% punched, not sure how much impact but that's besides the point. Watched it happen from upper G so had a perfect view. Absolute scum. Hope the police pay the prick a visit. 

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Giy with the olive green jacket on. You can see him clearly on the TV. Should be easy to identify. 

Filth. 

This scumbag will be lifted. 

26 minutes ago, Homme said:

Punch. Clear as day when you watch closely.

Yep. Classy hubz fans a usual. Not surprised at what happened to lennon after he was goading  the Hearts fans.

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Guy with the olive green jacket on. You can see him clearly on the TV. Should be easy to identify. 

Filth. 

Yep hard not to miss.

From the BBC:

22:10

'Bobby Zlamal got punched' - Levein

FT: Hearts 0-0 Hibernian

Hearts manager Craig Levein is appalled by the attack on opposite number Neil Lennon and an assault on his goalkeeper.

"There's no place for that," he tells BBC Sportsound. "Bobby Zlamal got punched (by a supporter) at one end and Neil has been hit by some idiot with a coin.

"Tensions are high on and off the field, I get that. But I don't like to see that. That's letting things go too far and hopefully we will find both of the people who were involved in these incidents and deal with them.

"It's ridiculous that people are subjected to that."

Fozzyonthefence

It’s silly season in Scottish football this year.  Seems we can’t go a week without a player or manager or official getting assaulted by fans or coins thrown at them. 

Can’t condone throwing coins but wtf was Lennon all about tonight. What an utter dick that man is.

And the Hibs fan punching Zamal and the others chucking missiles at him.  Why?  That was his first ever game v Hibs so why the hate towards him?  All he was doing was minding his own business and retrieving the ball.  Some absolute pond life going to Scottish football.

21 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Was 100% punched, not sure how much impact but that's besides the point. Watched it happen from upper G so had a perfect view. Absolute scum. Hope the police pay the prick a visit. 

I was also in upper G - definitely hit by at least 1 of them. 

Who was the guy in the yellow jacket near where the punch, more a jab than a hook was thrown, did he identify the assaulter, he certainly looked like a perfect  witness with a good view.

Lennon made the most of the article hitting him, but that should never happen, cowardly way to show your anger.

The players did not set many good examples, that for me was the worst derby I think I have ever watc hed. Clutching, grabbing, pushing hand bag type wanna be fighters, I hate to say it but for anyone watching from a curiousity point of view overseas and wanting to see how their football compares with what was advertised as a Scottish classic, may have been disappointed, I know I was .

6 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Who was the guy in the yellow jacket near where the punch, more a jab than a hook was thrown, did he identify the assaulter, he certainly looked like a perfect  witness with a good view.

Lennon made the most of the article hitting him, but that should never happen, cowardly way to show your anger.

The players did not set many good examples, that for me was the worst derby I think I have ever watc hed. Clutching, grabbing, pushing hand bag type wanna be fighters, I hate to say it but for anyone watching from a curiousity point of view overseas and wanting to see how their football compares with what was advertised as a Scottish classic, may have been disappointed, I know I was .

Have to agree with you Bob, the derby has been a glorified scrap for far too long with no football being played at all. Thing is I don't know what the solution to that is, if one team wants to start playing a more intricate game then the other team will just bulldoze them 

7 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Bob. You 15 or what? 

Must be if thats the worst derby you have ever watched. That was mild mate!

14 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Boy in the yellow jacket was a steward.
Stewards are people who are paid to stand at football matches ..... and that's about it

Edited by RobboM
Missing words

After big Jimmy was hit v Aberdeen is it time to ban away fans from Tynecastle?

These ***** make the old firm seem civilised.

13 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Boy in the yellow jacket was a steward.
Stewards are people who are paid to stand at football matches ..... and that's about it

Police Scotland are paid handsomely from Hearts and do the square root of feck all about incidents like today, as well and the one on Dunne the other week, how long did it take them to catch Dunne’s attacker?  No one should have been allowed to leave that area till the culprit was identified but instead the incapable idiots let him leave then couldn’t find him and had to try and get his mates to grass him in.

Remember that time Lustig acted like an absolute imbecile at Tynie and then got a ball forcefully thrown at him and we got absolute pelters? Will we see the same here? 

18 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Bob. You 15 or what? 

No actually I am a ba' hair over fifteen, have watched derbies one way or another since around 1945. I have watched some derbies where the football was less than classic, but it was football. That display today was like I would have expected to see when I was actually fifteen being played by two works teams at Saughton Park. One wee thing I was taught in my very unsuccesful years as a player was that when you passed the ball it should be to a guy wearing the same color of shirt as you, that semed to have been missed in practise by both teams, but that is beside the point what I thought was absolutely disgusting and disappointing and I repeat was the clutching, grabbing, fighting like kids in my day from fee paying schools did, fight me but please do not hurt me, the nonsense on the field was predictably going to transfer to the crowd and did. Again I remember the days when the type of action taken punching a player, or throwing a coin at the other teams staff would have been dealt with rapidly by the police in attendance. 

With response to your direct comment, no I am not fifteen, and if that was mild I will stick to watching a gentlemans game to wit National League hockey.

30 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Bob. You 15 or what? 

It was toxic. Anything but mild. 

For what it's worth that's probably the most hostile game I've ever been to. Missed the Celtic game with the Lennon incident though so that probably trumps it

Popcorn teeth did get something thrown at him which is wrong but the missile hit him on the chest then he went down holding his face what a prick

8 minutes ago, Jeff said:

For what it's worth that's probably the most hostile game I've ever been to. Missed the Celtic game with the Lennon incident though so that probably trumps it

This. Certainly the most hostile derby I can recall.

24 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

No actually I am a ba' hair over fifteen, have watched derbies one way or another since around 1945. I have watched some derbies where the football was less than classic, but it was football. That display today was like I would have expected to see when I was actually fifteen being played by two works teams at Saughton Park. One wee thing I was taught in my very unsuccesful years as a player was that when you passed the ball it should be to a guy wearing the same color of shirt as you, that semed to have been missed in practise by both teams, but that is beside the point what I thought was absolutely disgusting and disappointing and I repeat was the clutching, grabbing, fighting like kids in my day from fee paying schools did, fight me but please do not hurt me, the nonsense on the field was predictably going to transfer to the crowd and did. Again I remember the days when the type of action taken punching a player, or throwing a coin at the other teams staff would have been dealt with rapidly by the police in attendance

With response to your direct comment, no I am not fifteen, and if that was mild I will stick to watching a gentlemans game to wit National League hockey.

Police and stewards are ridiculously passive at football these days. Stewards are absolutely hopeless, often women or skinny men who are not able to control large men. The police see their job as videoing the crowd and then making arrests in a dawn raid six weeks later. If they would just show some presence, half the problems would never arise.

Those wanting a "hostile" derby should read the 1981 derby thread again from the last week or two.

The September 1990 derby was very toxic.

Doctor FinnBarr
21 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Front left is the cretin who threw the punch.

We, as in Kickback know the punch thrower, I'm not clever enough to search out pics but him and a mate were pictured on here after another Hibs defeat at Tynie, both them were wearing matching long horrible green coats as they stood alone at the end, thats the fat yin. Anyone help bring back the pic?

55 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Police and stewards are ridiculously passive at football these days. Stewards are absolutely hopeless, often women or skinny men who are not able to control large men. The police see their job as videoing the crowd and then making arrests in a dawn raid six weeks later. If they would just show some presence, half the problems would never arise.

Absolutely correct, while watching the game I saw a considerable police presence in the lane between the stand an the north terracing. As I do I go back to the old days where there were police delegated to pat

rol and be in strategic places in the terracing, the area where the police mass  today was used to be where the guys delegated to outside duties came when that function was completed for arrivals, to be returned to later for departures.  Much as I am defender of my former job, I find it hard to watch policemen  watch while assault takes place, particularly to a player, and one security guard whom I see in the video works as hard as he can not to see the incident.

Edited by bobsharp

17 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Absolutely correct, while watching the game I saw a considerable police presence in the lane between the stand an the north terracing. As I do I go back to the old days where there were police delegated to patgrol and be in strategic places in the terracing, the area where the police mass today was used to be where the guys delegated to outside duties came when that function was completed for arrivals, to be returned to later for departures.  Much as I am defender of my former job, I find it hard to watch policemen  watch while assault takes place, particularly to a player, and one security guard whom I see in the video works as harfd as he can not to see the incident.

And the police often don't even observe the crowd, they just stand in groups talking to their pals.

A pumped up and possibly drugged up and/or drunk arsehole isn't thinking about consequences weeks or months down the line, and may not even be capable of doing so. However, a gaggle of policemen looking at him and making a credible threat to arrest him might just be a deterrent.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Supersonic94 said:

Some really interesting faces in that picture

It’s like an Addams family wedding, it is Halloween after all ?

5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I know exactly who it is what a tit?

Report a crime anonymously

Contact Crimestoppers to report a crime anonymously. They'll pass the information about the crime to the police.

Crimestoppers
Telephone: 0800 555 111

I'll let you use my phone