What happened with Bobby?

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

It would help prevent our players getting punched for a start. 

Yup. If I were our security manager, I would implement it straight away for the next visit of Hibs. We really need to start nipping all this in the bud.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redjambo

• EIEIO

• Sharpie

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

You’d think nothing happened to bobby going by the coverage of the Lennon incident 

You're not kidding. I ended up reading some bollocks shared online by PLZ Soccer about how all the folk who dislike Lennon really just believe "Great Britain has an empire and protestants are the chosen people" and that he's targeted because he's a "ginger heided bead rattler" and my mind is just about blown. Nonsense like this somehow puts the entire focus on Lennon falling about after deliberately provoking a crowd and being hit by one coin or whatever it was rather than completely innocent Bobby getting pelted with all sorts of objects and then cracked in the jaw. It's so infuriating.

Is sectarianism a problem? Hell yes.

Is throwing things arsehole behaviour? Hell yes.

Is Lennon really just a controversial figure because of his religion? Hell no.

Scottish football is mental.

look at the difference in how the lennon and bobby incidents are described by the bbc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46059059

Hearts goalkeeper Zdenek Zlamal says he "feels sorry" for the supporter he claims "punched him in the face".

Footage appears to show Zlamal being struck by Hibernian fan, with Hibs boss Neil Lennon later hit by a coin in Wednesday's fiery Edinburgh derby.

Edited by milky_26

17 hours ago, redjambo said:

From the BBC:

22:10

'Bobby Zlamal got punched' - Levein

FT: Hearts 0-0 Hibernian

Hearts manager Craig Levein is appalled by the attack on opposite number Neil Lennon and an assault on his goalkeeper.

"There's no place for that," he tells BBC Sportsound. "Bobby Zlamal got punched (by a supporter) at one end and Neil has been hit by some idiot with a coin.

"Tensions are high on and off the field, I get that. But I don't like to see that. That's letting things go too far and hopefully we will find both of the people who were involved in these incidents and deal with them.

"It's ridiculous that people are subjected to that."

I hope the Hearts fans name the coin thrower someone near him must know who he is, and the Hibs fans name the guy who threw the punch.

Should be easy to get the Hib's supporter though, its clearly on the TV, if their fans don't hand him over.

Scnorthedinburgh
2 hours ago, redjambo said:

It's an interesting idea, but no amount of cordoning off will stop folk getting into that first row once the match starts.

Don't sell the lower section, just a steward at the steps on the walkway.

Very easy and cheap.

If they can leave the players alone cut the allocation.