Vice-vice-vice-vice captain

number-16

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, WageThief said:

If teams do constantly attack his side we should be thankful, they seem to get most joy down our left.  Smith is a great 6.5/10 player, every week the same.  His weakness is going forward.

Even if the God or the Brand do take his place (they should in time) he'll be needed at centre half for cover or in a 3.

If you look at the chances we give up most come from his side, he is no better a defender than Demi is. As for CH cover I can’t see ius going to 3 at the back again as we barely have 3 fit CHs and CL changed it at the start of the season because it failed.

As I said Smith is a good guy to have around and can fill in where necessary across the back four and midfield, if everyone is ever fully fit ever again he shouldn’t be in the starting 11.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

If you look at the chances we give up most come from his side, he is no better a defender than Demi is. As for CH cover I can’t see ius going to 3 at the back again as we barely have 3 fit CHs and CL changed it at the start of the season because it failed.

As I said Smith is a good guy to have around and can fill in where necessary across the back four and midfield, if everyone is ever fully fit ever again he shouldn’t be in the starting 11.

Pretty sure almost all of our goals conceded come down Mitchell’s side rather than Smith. Not sure who this injured right back is who’s usurping him? Think he’s actually improved this season and is more 7/10 than 6/10.

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Pretty sure almost all of our goals conceded come down Mitchell’s side rather than Smith. Not sure who this injured right back is who’s usurping him? Think he’s actually improved this season and is more 7/10 than 6/10.

Almost all? Hamilton away right side, St Mirren home right side, Two at Ibrox from the left, one from the right. Motherwell first goal at home free kick from right, handball then penalty. All the rest central.  He has been better this season but he’s still a weak link that teams attack, he will have a winger up against him tomorrow no doubt. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why? Maclean, Djoum, Dunne, Zlamal all more likely than him.

I thought MacLean was suspended? After MacLean I reckon Smith is next in line.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I thought MacLean was suspended? After MacLean I reckon Smith is next in line.

We have to Thursday to appeal or accept his suspension. Why do you think Smith is next in line? He’s not particularly vocal.

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We have to Thursday to appeal or accept his suspension. Why do you think Smith is next in line? He’s not particularly vocal.

I’m not a fan of goalkeepers being captain and I don’t think Djoum is much of a captain figure. So for me that leaves Smith or Dunne really, and Dunne is a young lad on loan. I suppose it depends on whether Hughes plays too.

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

But if MacLean is available it will be him.

6 hours ago, kila said:

Give it to Bobby.

It makes little difference at this point I think, we are without our all main leaders so everyone needs to step up. Bobby though gets a good view of the game and loves to shout.

He's also crazy enough to break any curse the armband clearly holds!

I like this thinking. 

But to whoever gets it, good luck/break a leg ??

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I’m not a fan of goalkeepers being captain and I don’t think Djoum is much of a captain figure. So for me that leaves Smith or Dunne really, and Dunne is a young lad on loan. I suppose it depends on whether Hughes plays too.

Can Hughes play 90 minutes, he hasn’t done so since May and never opens his mouth. I was more wondering why you thought the distinctly average Smith is captain material? 

Can Hughes play 90 minutes, he hasn’t done so since May and never opens his mouth. I was more wondering why you thought the distinctly average Smith is captain material? 

Harsh to call him distinctly average, seeing as he’s been very good this season. I don’t think Smith is a captain anyway. I think he’s about our 5th choice captain, obviously.

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Harsh to call him distinctly average, seeing as he’s been very good this season. I don’t think Smith is a captain anyway. I think he’s about our 5th choice captain, obviously.

Most teams look to attack down his side, the chances we give up and goals we concede are mainly down our right.

Most teams look to attack down his side, the chances we give up and goals we concede are mainly down our right.

I don’t really agree with that tbh. He was often two on one on Sunday, seeing as Bozanic was right mid, but Smith was one of our better performers. I feel far more comfortable with him defensively than Mitchell.

Disser Pointon
21 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don’t really agree with that tbh. He was often two on one on Sunday, seeing as Bozanic was right mid, but Smith was one of our better performers. I feel far more comfortable with him defensively than Mitchell.

That's because he's actually a defender unlike Mitchell!!! ?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Fair enough it’s all about opinions, your rightly criticising Levein for playing Bozanic wide right and Mitchell at LB.

letsalldothebeattie

If MacLean is clear to play I’d imagine he will get it as he was the captain Sunday after Naisy. The next couple games could be interesting though with MacLean to be banned 

Hope Djoum doesn't get it he is just back from injury that armband seems to be a jinx give it to Michael Smith ?.

Only Joking... if I had to choose it would go to Jimmy Dunne for me. 

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

I'd give it to Dunne. He has been tremendous for us.

His age really isn't an issue but it would be controvesial giving the captaincy to a loan player who could be off in a month or so.

I'd chuck him it anyway. The laddie is class.

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

His age really isn't an issue but it would be controvesial giving the captaincy to a loan player who could be off in a month or so.

I'd chuck him it anyway. The laddie is class.

Very true but I suppose you could say the same about Naismith who is a loan player albeit he is here until the end of the season at least.

As you say, Dunne is a class act and has been a rock in defense for us since the Berra injury.

Blackford Hearts
On 30/10/2018 at 14:51, wavydavy said:

Hughes never seems to speak to anyone and he is usually either injured or on the bench so hardly ideal. 

Given the inevitable injury as part of the short term captains role he seems perfect for the job then ?