Vice-vice-vice-vice captain

number-16

With Berra, Souttar and Naismith all injured, and the possibility of MacLean being suspended, who should get the armband next?

A_A wehatethehibs

Think Smith or Djoum would be the obvious choice but I’m inclined to give it to nobody, as whoever gets the armband will just get injured, it’s cursed 

I think Smith will be the one , he seems the captain type ?. Nobody might want it right enough as it seems to be the kiss of death right now ?

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Can we just give it to the opposition's best player? 

This is a great idea ?

7 minutes ago, number-16 said:

With Berra, Souttar and Naismith all injured, and the possibility of MacLean being suspended, who should get the armband next?

Based on experience it’s either Hughes, Smith or Djoum. Based on who is likely to be a regular starter it’s between Smith and Djoum. Djoum is my bet. But from left -field wouldn’t be surprised if it was Dunne. 

Edited by soonbe110

Smith, Lee, Djoum, Bobby, Mitchell and Dunne are the only regular starters left not carrying an injury. Dikamona too if he's fine after Sunday.

No shouts for Lee or Dikamona?

Tokyo Drifter
58 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Gotta be Smith

23 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

It should go to Djoum IMO

Possibly........... just don't see him as an inspirational type character though.

Smithy for me.

Michael Smith or Hughes would

seem the obvious candidates. Maclean’s taken the arm band on Sunday but he’s going to be suspended after the baw grab so may as well have someone else.

14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Michael Smith or Hughes would

seem the obvious candidates. Maclean’s taken the arm band on Sunday but he’s going to be suspended after the baw grab so may as well have someone else.

Hughes never seems to speak to anyone and he is usually either injured or on the bench so hardly ideal. 

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Can we just give it to the opposition's best player? 

Now, that's thinking outside the box!

Whoever it is - they need to LEAD on the park. As soon as Naismith went off on Sunday, it was noticeable that his huge leadership qualities went with him. Captaincy shouldn't just be about experience. We are a team that really need a leader on the park (remember the Cathro days?). Lots of experience, but 11 individuals all hiding from taking responsibility. Mclean if he can play - but I'm struggling to think of anyone else that meets that criteria. And that's where I start to be slightly concerned ......

joondalupjambo

Wonder if Lee was given it if that added responsibility would put an extra spring in his step?  Obviously Smith has to be on the shortlist.

Djoum, just as a nod to him being the longest serving player, even though I don't think he's the captain type.  Never know, it might give him a bit of added oomph and aggression.

letsalldothebeattie

Senior players dropping like flies seems to be tainted for them. Gie it to wee Harry and give him a run in the side 

Dunne for me. He was the organising the backline and cajoling the  rest of the team. An old head on young shoulders.

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

MacLean I think. 

It really is Jinxed then

Give it to Dallas for Wednesday

2 hours ago, gerryjambo41 said:

I think Smith will be the one , he seems the captain type ?. Nobody might want it right enough as it seems to be the kiss of death right now ?

Definitely a poisoned chalice. Still won't stop us pumping hubz tomorrow night.

2 hours ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

Out of curiosity, is it in the rules that a team always has to have a designated captain on the pitch?

That's what I've been wondering. Can we just no have one? Seems like the safest option!

38 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Definitely a poisoned chalice. Still won't stop us pumping hubz tomorrow night.

Correct ?

Give it to Bobby.

It makes little difference at this point I think, we are without our all main leaders so everyone needs to step up. Bobby though gets a good view of the game and loves to shout.

He's also crazy enough to break any curse the armband clearly holds!

Given it is a jinx, who is out weakest player, likely to play tomorrow?

On a more serious note, Djoum is probably one of our most experienced players, and played at a very high level, so I may go for him, even now McLean seems available to play. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Hughes never seems to speak to anyone and he is usually either injured or on the bench so hardly ideal. 

Hopefully he won’t be playing but given the Captain curse he wouldn’t last the whole game anyway, hasnt played 90 minutes since May.

Pasquale for King

Can’t believe anyone wants Smith to be the captain, unless you want him injured of course. Teams constantly attack his side of the pitch, handy guy to have around but Godhino or Brandon must surely take his place before Xmas. Maclean will be Captain and it will be Djoum when he’s suspended.

24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can’t believe anyone wants Smith to be the captain, unless you want him injured of course. Teams constantly attack his side of the pitch, handy guy to have around but Godhino or Brandon must surely take his place before Xmas. Maclean will be Captain and it will be Djoum when he’s suspended.

If teams do constantly attack his side we should be thankful, they seem to get most joy down our left.  Smith is a great 6.5/10 player, every week the same.  His weakness is going forward.

Even if the God or the Brand do take his place (they should in time) he'll be needed at centre half for cover or in a 3.