Come on Germany - smash the Turks tonight.

Therapist

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Old Tolbooth

How the hell are Germany in the final?

Of all the games I've seen, they haven't impressed me once, but credit where it's due, they keep going.

I honestly think the winner of the other semi will win it now, I hope it's Russia.

Feck watching sweaty blokes cuddling each other.

I wish they'd show that blond German berd again, the one they gave the close up to at the last goal.

Commander Harris

Of all the games I've seen, they haven't impressed me once, but credit where it's due, they keep going.

I honestly think the winner of the other semi will win it now, I hope it's Russia.

they scored 3 goals, Turkey only scored 2. :)

they didn't impress you against portugal?

The Old Tolbooth
they scored 3 goals, Turkey only scored 2. :)

they didn't impress you against portugal?

It's the only game I've missed so far :confused:

Nucky Thompson

They have just got the winning mentality. Bookies favorites coming into the tournament, but in no way were they the best team:cool:

Commander Harris
It's the only game I've missed so far :confused:

fair enough, they did start slowly(as is often the case) but they were brilliant against portugal, especially that first goal. poor tonight but still scored 3. Think they've got a decent chance in the final although I'll be supporting Russia :)

Very few things can justify having to pay a licence fee nowadays, but watching and listening to the EBC when Germany have won comes fairly close.

Thought Germany vs Portugal was magnificent but tonight's game was poor by comparison. Neither team could defend properly and the interruptions to the coverage didn't help.

chester copperpot
They have just got the winning mentality. Bookies favorites coming into the tournament, but in no way were they the best team:cool:

I'd love the Scottish to have the German mentality. They do well regardless of how pish their team are.

They were brill against Portugal, after being pish poor in the group stages. It's going to be some final, whoever get through.

Pete Seeger
I just hope we never draw Galatasaray in the Champions League and you get stabbed in the batty in the away leg. :sad:

Nothing like a bit of steriotyping. Never knew you were still gutted for your dirty Leeds pals. What happened to those two guys was terrible but to hold it against a whole country's a bit harsh. Each to their own though. If we do get to the champs league and I do get stabbed I'll make sure I find you and tell you how right you were :)

Great game tonight, gutted Turkey never done the business but thats football. They've been lucky to scrape through this far.

The Old Tolbooth
fair enough, they did start slowly(as is often the case) but they were brilliant against portugal, especially that first goal. poor tonight but still scored 3. Think they've got a decent chance in the final although I'll be supporting Russia :)

I'll drink to that mate :D

I honestly think if the Russians get through then their attacking style of play will cause that German defence all sorts of problems.

this_is_my_story
Never liked Turks since a kebab shop owner who had a flat in the same tenement as me got a Statutory Notice served just as my flat went on the market. It was 20 years ago, but I never forget things like this. :mad:

Turkey also play extremely boring football, so it's Deutschland uber alles for me. :)

Yep, that's so relevant to a football match being played in Basel isn't it. How can anyone seriously cheer on the Germans at anything?!

What a tit.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I'll drink to that mate :D

I honestly think if the Russians get through then their attacking style of play will cause that German defence all sorts of problems.

Would love that to be true, i just think they are a little young and the experience and mental approach of the Germans will win on the night.

I hope football is the winner!:)

Always wanted to say that.

maltese jambo

Excellent game it had a bit of everything; have to feel sorry for Turkey, they were the better team hands down and i just had that feeling that if they could get to the final they'd win it.

But Germany sure can turn it on when it matters... quality third goal, and their performance against Portugal was superb.

Btw Malta drew 2-2 with Turkey recently so technically that means Malta are brilliant.

portobellojambo1
Would love that to be true, i just think they are a little young and the experience and mental approach of the Germans will win on the night.

I don't know why but I actually think the Spanish style of play would be more likely to succeed against the Germans S.U.S.S..

I think the Russians have done very well to get as far as they have, but as you say I think the Germans might be too strong, or street wise, for the Russian side if they met in the final. The Spanish on the other hand have what the Turks had tonight, strength in midfield, plus also have what the Turks didn't have tonight, a decent keeper and out and out goalscorers.

(Thought Turkey were unlucky in tonight's game, they completely changed their style of play and more than matched the Germans, think it is safe to say the Germans stole that game tonight, but at the end of the day the winners are the team who score most goals).

Thunderstruck

Not only does Lehman look like Jim Rockford, he plays like him - bad knees included.

Bad luck for the Turks, one decent striker away from a famous victory.

The Old Tolbooth

Hobo! :hobofish:

Just back from a boozer up the town where I watched the game with some Turks and a few German tourists.Very dissapointed at the outcome as Turkey should maybe have had themselves out of sight before the Germans equalised.

Turkiye Cok sansiz ama Avrupa Cupta cok iyi oynadilar. Yasik!!:frustrated::cry::byebye:

deesidejambo

Turkey were the better team but they were not that great. Some of their shots were woeful and if it wasn't for that numpty Lehman they wouldn't have got either goal. Stonewall penalty got the Huns turned down also.

What really bugs me is the English media. Talk about skeletons in the closet when it comes to anything German.

Listening to some of the pundits on the TV, you'd think Germany are the worst side in the tournament. But, hang on. They've scored three goals, and against a Turkey team who, if you believe the experts, just produced one of the performances of the tournament.

Mark Lawrenson, John Motson, Gary Lineker, Alan Shearer and to a lesser extent Alan Hansen....Get over it. England are a LOT WORSE than Germany will EVER be!

lost in leith
I just hope we never draw Galatasaray in the Champions League and you get stabbed in the batty in the away leg. :sad:

Indeed. I'd much rather play against Chelsea. I've heard that most of their hard core are tree hugging vegetarians who believe in brotherly love between nations :rolleyes:

Glad to see Germany in the Final for the simple reason that I've been a Germany sympathiser since the 1974 World Cup.

DEUTSCHLAND VOR!

Archived