Come on Germany - smash the Turks tonight.

Therapist

Never liked Turks since a kebab shop owner who had a flat in the same tenement as me got a Statutory Notice served just as my flat went on the market. It was 20 years ago, but I never forget things like this. :mad:

Turkey also play extremely boring football, so it's Deutschland uber alles for me. :)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PresidentRomanov

I don't like Turks either:mad:

Hope the Germans hammer them :)

Guest GhostHunter
Never liked Turks since a kebab shop owner who had a flat in the same tenement as me got a Statutory Notice served just as my flat went on the market. It was 20 years ago, but I never forget things like this. :mad:

Turkey also play extremely boring football, so it's Deutschland uber alles for me. :)

Mich Auch.

Mon der Krauts - erh?lt es rechts auf die T?rken

:D

The Old Tolbooth

The best thing that could happen is the Germans scoring a goal in the first 5 minutes as it would push the Turks out, they would then go kamikaze for a goal and they really are quite entertaining when chasing a game, but boring as hell wheh it's 0-0.

I dont really have a preference tonight but think Germany will shade it.

The best thing that could happen is the Germans scoring a goal in the first 5 minutes as it would push the Turks out, they would then go kamikaze for a goal and they really are quite entertaining when chasing a game, but boring as hell wheh it's 0-0.

I dont really have a preference tonight but think Germany will shade it.

I hope Germany go through to the final along with Russia. I think that'd be the most entertaining final.

Tynecastle Valhalla

I actually think they play quite exciting football - they are not the best talent wise but have a hanful of really good players.

I would go as far as to say they have been involved in 2 out of the 3 best games of the tournament.

they will get hammered though, could be 3 or 4.

I've never really liked the Germans since their flagrant warmongering twice in 25 years at the start of the 20th Century. Still, they ended up with damn good thrashing and seemed to have learnt their lesson.

Turkey? Bams by the looks of it but they do know how to make a game exciting!

Leaning towards the Germans though. Just so the Soviets, er, I mean the Russians, can kick their square butts back to Berlin like they did from '43 onwards!

'Mon the sausage munching bosch.

The things power tools can do these days...:P

Boche is how it was spelt in the Victor comics of yore.

Mr P Dantic

Era Macaroons
I've never really liked the Germans since their flagrant warmongering twice in 25 years at the start of the 20th Century. Still, they ended up with damn good thrashing and seemed to have learnt their lesson.

Turkey? Bams by the looks of it but they do know how to make a game exciting!

Leaning towards the Germans though. Just so the Soviets, er, I mean the Russians, can kick their square butts back to Berlin like they did from '43 onwards!

:sterb003::sterb147::Bazooka:

Assuming we are talking about the football match tonight:rolleyes:......bit of a choice between the lessor of two evils, hope neither of them win the tourney, but would rather the MAD fanatic Turks got bombed out.

Midloth_Iain

I really want Turkey to smash the sunbed towel brigade.

Love Turkey for the many holidays I have had there, they are some of the friendliest people I have ever met.

Unfortunately their injury worries and lack of discipline will cost them dear tonight and I reckon the Umlauts will prevail 3-0.:sad:

Anyway good luck Turkiye !!

atatrknxh4.jpg

I want Germany to win on account of the Turks not really being proper Europeans.

ginger jambo98

I was fortunate enough to get along to the Croatia v Turkey game on Friday. It was a travesty that Croatia got knocked out, their fans are unbelievable. Turks by comparison were a boring lot - just like their team, then again, they got their tactics right and scraped through. Got in tow with a few Germans on the Saturday, they were a right nice down to earth bunch - not a bit like I expected, indeed, they were very complimentary towards Scotland. They reckon they'll get to the final then it's anyone's game as they agreed that Spain and Russia were playing far better football, but in a 1-off game, who knows.

U boj U boj

Za nador svoi (as the Croats would say !)

I want Turkey to win, mainly beause no one really thinks they will and I love their determination and never say die attitude!

I agree with someone earlier saying it would be good if they go a goal down, cause they would really liven the game up as they would go all out to win it!

Buffalo Bill

I've had a soft spot for Germany ever since Nicole won the 1982 Eurovision Song Contest.

51143648.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=1F4B849CA9F882439828643184F71931284831B75F48EF45

Buffalo Bill

Boaby Ewing
The things power tools can do these days...:P

Boche is how it was spelt in the Victor comics of yore.

Mr P Dantic

Dammit!

And to think work now have a google record search of "sausage munching bosch" from me to boot. Knew it wasn't right, but there's obviously enough illiterate, casually racist tw@ts in the world to convince me to run with it. :P

Ach well, your first post made me chortle.

Era Macaroons

Love Turkey for the many holidays I have had there, they are some of the friendliest people I have ever met.

Unfortunately their injury worries and lack of discipline will cost them dear tonight and I reckon the Umlauts will prevail 3-0.:sad:

atatrknxh4.jpg

most folk are...when your a bulging wallet

I know we fought a couple of wars against Germany, and they used Mustard gas on people, blitzed my home town and tried to bring down my country, but the Turkish girl I went to school with used to smell, so I'll support the Germans.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I know we fought a couple of wars against Germany, and they used Mustard gas on people, blitzed my home town and tried to bring down my country, but the Turkish girl I went to school with used to smell, so I'll support the Germans.

You can't argue with that logic :)

Im all for the germans in this one. I live near the turkish district hear and after they beat croatia the bassas kept me up until 3 driving about honking their horns. cant be arsed with that again.

Boaby Ewing

Are any bookies offering odds on Berlin city centre getting raised tonight?

Im all for the germans in this one. I live near the turkish district hear and after they beat croatia the bassas kept me up until 3 driving about honking their horns. cant be arsed with that again.

Where's that, Tollcross?! :confused:

Are any bookies offering odds on Berlin city centre getting raised tonight?

Surely you mean "Razed"

You're not having a good day are you?

Boaby Ewing
Surely you mean "Razed"

You're not having a good day are you?

I've pretty much given up. :wacko:

NoseLikeMahe
so it's Deutschland uber alles for me. :)

Words that were removed from the official German national anthem as soon as the Nazis were ousted. People may draw their own conclusions, I couldn't possibly comment ;)

I'm backing the Germans too. Turkey winning it would be almost as big a travesty as Greece winning it last time.

Words that were removed from the official German national anthem as soon as the Nazis were ousted. People may draw their own conclusions, I couldn't possibly comment.

Although they do predate the Nazis by a long way and was always ambiguous

"Gemany above all" can be taken to be a call for unity between the newly formed German state's component parts "Germany above Prussia, Bavaria, Saxony, etc..".

It can also be read as "Germany above Poland, Hungary, The Netherlands, France and tomorrow Ze Vorld Hahahaha".

In a sporting context it could be read as Germany above all the other nations who are competing

So if you're trying to insinuate that Therapist is a Nazi on the basis of that post you're on very shaky ground.

However the fact that his pet Dachshund is called Adolf and he's had nice Mr and Mrs Cohen from next door locked in his Garden shed since 2004 suggests that you might be onto something.

Midloth_Iain
most folk are...when your a bulging wallet

If I had a bulging wallet I would take your point, but I dont. ;)

As someone earlier said being a Hearts fan, you tend to want the underdog to do well, so for that and the fact I have an affection for the Turks - I hope they win.

But they wont. :sad:

atatrknxh4.jpg

Aye, efter sum o there divin, stampin, cheatin & general poncin aroond against the Porto's am goin for the lesser o 2 evil's.... KAMONTHEKEBABMUNCHERS!!! Think the Croatswould have humped the snitzzelgroobers:confused:

Love Turkey .....they are some of the friendliest people I have ever met.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Their football fans have a penchant for knifing opposing fans in the batty. Yet another reason for wanting Deutschland to emerge victorious.

well considering the germans killed many brit's in both world wars i'll be supporting my local turkish kebab shop.!

Good luck to Michael Ballack of Chelsea - I don't like Turkey because the bad guys in Final Fantasy VII are called the Turks. Grrr. :mad:

Commander Harris
Although they do predate the Nazis by a long way and was always ambiguous

"Gemany above all" can be taken to be a call for unity between the newly formed German state's component parts "Germany above Prussia, Bavaria, Saxony, etc..".

It can also be read as "Germany above Poland, Hungary, The Netherlands, France and tomorrow Ze Vorld Hahahaha".

In a sporting context it could be read as Germany above all the other nations who are competing

So if you're trying to insinuate that Therapist is a Nazi on the basis of that post you're on very shaky ground.

However the fact that his pet Dachshund is called Adolf and he's had nice Mr and Mrs Cohen from next door locked in his Garden shed since 2004 suggests that you might be onto something.

:rofl:

I'm going to have a kebab and wash it down with a bottle or two of Erdinger Wiessbier.

Why can't we all just get along.

Commander Harris

I'm hoping for a German win. I think they are a good team that play good football and deserve a lot more credit than they get from some of the bbc pundits who always seem to sneer at them and wish they get pumped at the earliest opportunity. so I'd quite like a German win, if only to annoy Lineker et al.

Pete Seeger

I like both countries but I'll be backing the Turks with my 33/1 shot. Come on Turkey!

I like both countries but I'll be backing the Turks with my 33/1 shot. Come on Turkey!

I just hope we never draw Galatasaray in the Champions League and you get stabbed in the batty in the away leg. :sad:

shaun.lawson
I just hope we never draw Galatasaray in the Champions League and you get stabbed in the batty in the away leg. :sad:

I think you should adopt Dennis Wise's approach to Turkish football. When they tried all that Welcome to Hell stuff with Chelsea, he burst out laughing - which probably helps explain the 5-0 rout which followed. One of the most underestimated performances by an English club in Europe, that.

another thread on international football by someone who states that 'international football doesn't bother him' :confused:

Sorry Colin, but I didn't realise the rules said I couldn't post about international football. Thanks for pointing this out. :)

Sorry Colin, but I didn't realise the rules said I couldn't post about international football. Thanks for pointing this out. :)

I was just pointing out that you were contradicting yourself yet again, as it makes you look rather silly when you do, and we wouldn't want that now would we?

I was just pointing out that you were contradicting yourself yet again, as it makes you look rather silly when you do, and we wouldn't want that now would we?

The sun will never rise on a day when I look silly. ;)

I'm not really bothered about international football in the widest context - qualifying games, friendlies, African Nations, Copa Americas and the like - but I do quite like the final stages of the Yooro champs and World Cup.

Anyone really just wanting to see a good game of football?!

Me!

Then again,I've been saying that for a couple of years now!:rolleyes:

No preference tonight,the Ruskies will beat either of them(I hope!)

Archived