Semi Final Dot Count

mainstandjambo

scottish_chicP
3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Seemingly Celtic still have a load of tickets unsold. Anyone know how many they have shifted?

Screenshot_20181027-193235_Twitter.jpg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JALBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• scott herbertson

• Clerry Jambo

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Interesting if true.

It was a guy that does one of the buses told me today. I thought it was sold out long ago.

scott herbertson
Just now, Herbert said:

It was a guy that does one of the buses told me today. I thought it was sold out long ago.

Maybe the supporters clubs have taken them and people are deciding not to travel ?

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, gedster said:

1K+ seats..........eh no

Why not, there's plenty

Where are the players' seats then?

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Why not, there's plenty

Where are the players' seats then?

Possibly somewhere more central in W amongst sponsors, debentures, prawn sandwiches etc....

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Yip and I fully understand that. It is just unfortunate that it is an approach which while understandable is also impacting on both genuine HMFC fans and visitors to the city. And is it up to the ticket office staff to try and decide who they think are genuine or not, difficult position for them to be put in.

I know that it is possibly a massive debate for another day but I would suggest that genuine HMFC fans would have some kind of purchase history with Hearts already if not tickets possibly in the shop. So not really impacting on Hearts fans it is impacting on people who could potentially be Hearts fans of the future. 

Either way I do feel sorry for people wanting to go along for the right reasons. 

Surely the solution is to hang bars of soap above the threshold of the ticket office doors to keep the Buckfast drinking tramps at bay ;) 

portobellojambo1
44 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Maybe the supporters clubs have taken them and people are deciding not to travel ?

If Celtic operate in the same way as HMFC then they will have been declared amongst the sold seats Scott. For ticketed games we pay for tickets when collecting them, and if someone then pulls out of going responsibility lies with us , as a club, to cover the cost, we cannot send the unsold ticket(s) back to HMFC for a refund.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

If Celtic operate in the same way as HMFC then they will have been declared amongst the sold seats Scott. For ticketed games we pay for tickets when collecting them, and if someone then pulls out of going responsibility lies with us , as a club, to cover the cost, we cannot send the unsold ticket(s) back to HMFC for a refund.

I maybe didn't express it well but that's what I meant - the Supporters clubs may have tickets that THEY haven't sold if their take up has been lower than anticipated. We'll see tomorrow when the teams run out though I suspect their end will be pretty full

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, Rally200 said:

Embarrassing but not surprising given the morons that run Scottish football.

It would have been a shock if it had turned out any other way, wouldn’t it?

36 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I know that it is possibly a massive debate for another day but I would suggest that genuine HMFC fans would have some kind of purchase history with Hearts already if not tickets possibly in the shop. So not really impacting on Hearts fans it is impacting on people who could potentially be Hearts fans of the future. 

Either way I do feel sorry for people wanting to go along for the right reasons. 

Surely the solution is to hang bars of soap above the threshold of the ticket office doors to keep the Buckfast drinking tramps at bay ;) 

It's definitely the right decision, even if that means some people have missed out. If it was a real "general sale" the entire of W8 could be a Celtic section, and Hearts would get absolutely destroyed for that happening.

People surely can't blame the club for adhering to a policy that has been in operation for years.

This is a one off situation which will probably never be repeated.

If tickets got in the wrong hands the club would be in trouble for the lack of security.

It's not fair either to put the responsibility of deciding which non account holders should be served on to the ticket staff.

The rule is in place for a good reason and it's disappointing to read people who should know better criticising all for the sake of a few extra ticket sales.

2 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I think PJ that it's something that needs looked at and the right way forward either confirmed or agreed. Seems a shame to have tickets available and folks not being able to buy them. I don't suppose any of us who have attended a game overseas have experienced this issue.

We know it's to stop Celtic fans buying in our end.

I experienced it at Aston Villa.

I was at a 3 day event at the NEC and it coincided with a Villa v Birmingham LC tie.

Got turned away even although I showed them a HMFC season ticket card to prove I wasn’t a Birmingham fan.

Luckily a guy turned up late and handed a spare ticket to a tramp, which I saw happen, so I offered him face value for the ticket and got in that way! 

Suppose it it makes sense from a security point of view, but the fact that your first game can’t be against a big rival if the rivals have sold their end, must stop a lot of clubs selling a lot of tickets. 

Dagger Is Back
43 minutes ago, BigC said:

I was at a 3 day event at the NEC and it coincided with a Villa v Birmingham LC tie.

Got turned away even although I showed them a HMFC season ticket card to prove I wasn’t a Birmingham fan.

Luckily a guy turned up late and handed a spare ticket to a tramp, which I saw happen, so I offered him face value for the ticket and got in that way! 

Suppose it it makes sense from a security point of view, but the fact that your first game can’t be against a big rival if the rivals have sold their end, must stop a lot of clubs selling a lot of tickets. 

I guess because it was a local derby or potential problem match much like tomorrow 

Shanks said no
48 minutes ago, BigC said:

So you got a ticket off a Celtic fan?

10pm count:

West Stand - currently selling everything except W8:

Allocation currently on sale: approx 12901

Seats remaining:  341

Seats apparently sold - West Stand: 12560

Hearts End (South Stand) - currently selling everything

Allocation currently on sale: approx 11588

Seats remaining:  1

Seats apparently sold - South Stand: 11587

East Stand - currently selling everything

Allocation currently on sale: approx 4757

Seats remaining:  0

Seats apparently sold - East Stand: 4757

Total seats currently made available for sale: 29,246

Total seats remaining: 342

Total seats apparently sold with the usual caveats:  28,904**

**Including grey'd out hospitality, wheelchair, blind and PA sales, it looks as if we could currently be around 29,130 tickets sold. We've sold over 30 since 5.30pm.

The last section to go on sale is W8 with a capacity of 1,117.  Including seats remaining from current sections on sale, we have 1,459 left from our allocation of around 30,550.

It would look great if the club were able to sell tickets in lower W8 tomorrow. But either way, a quite outstanding effort everyone.

Dagger Is Back
49 minutes ago, luckydug said:

People surely can't blame the club for adhering to a policy that has been in operation for years.

If tickets got in the wrong hands the club would be in trouble for the lack of security.

It's not fair either to put the responsibility of deciding which non account holders should be served on to the ticket staff.

The rule is in place for a good reason and it's disappointing to read people who should know better criticising all for the sake of a few extra ticket sales.

I certainly don’t blame the club or our TO staff who’ve done a great job, again.

The policy has been in place for a while, you’re right. Just because it has though, doesn’t mean to say it can’t be challenged and reviewed to see if it’s still fit for purpose, or if it needs a wee tweak.

I certainly don’t want to be sat next to one of them and we certainly don’t want to see them buying tickets en masse.

Still disappointing that some Hearts fans will have potentially missed out because they have no purchase history.

In saying that, if it was me I’d have been on the blower to one of my mates.

Not sure how many folks we have on our database in terms of previous history. If it’s less than 23000 or so, will the issue not resurface potentially with Final tickets?

Still feel it’s worth the club reviewing the process just to check there’s not another solution.

Dagger Is Back
10 minutes ago, JALBO said:

10pm count:

West Stand - currently selling everything except W8:

Allocation currently on sale: approx 12901

Seats remaining:  341

Seats apparently sold - West Stand: 12560

Hearts End (South Stand) - currently selling everything

Allocation currently on sale: approx 11588

Seats remaining:  1

Seats apparently sold - South Stand: 11587

East Stand - currently selling everything

Allocation currently on sale: approx 4757

Seats remaining:  0

Seats apparently sold - East Stand: 4757

Total seats currently made available for sale: 29,246

Total seats remaining: 342

Total seats apparently sold with the usual caveats:  28,904**

**Including grey'd out hospitality, wheelchair, blind and PA sales, it looks as if we could currently be around 29,130 tickets sold. We've sold over 30 since 5.30pm.

The last section to go on sale is W8 with a capacity of 1,117.  Including seats remaining from current sections on sale, we have 1,459 left from our allocation of around 30,550.

It would look great if the club were able to sell tickets in lower W8 tomorrow. But either way, a quite outstanding effort everyone.

We should be very proud of Ann and her team for pushing for a resolution to the original fiasco.

Without that leadership, we would be heading to Hampden with a fraction of this support.

We’re going to see loads of kids there tomorrow, and hopefully we give them every reason to be pestering their parents to be bringing them more regularly, if they don’t already.

The shop was rammed today and spoke to a couple of boys who were busy buying up scarves and tops for their kids. 

A massive game for us on and off the pitch tomorrow.

What an outstanding turnout!

So if sales go well tomorrow we might end up about 1000 short of capacity. Amazing backing from the Hearts support. The extra hour of sales overnight could be crucial ?

PeterintheRain

In what other business are people forced to buy the seats with the worst view first?  It's a nonsense that people can't but a seat down the front of the w8 unless several hundred other people buy the seats right up the back in W6.  There's no segregation issues here.  There was no possibility of the plastic terrorists being given that section, so why not just put the tickets on sale right from the start. 

As others have already pointed out there's going to be a huge gap that will stick out like a celtic fan with all their own teeth.  It will look ridiculous on TV and those pictures go round the World.  Easily avoided by the CTB (C_ _ _ _ that be) just go out of their way to do everything wrong.

13 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

So if sales go well tomorrow we might end up about 1000 short of capacity. Amazing backing from the Hearts support. The extra hour of sales overnight could be crucial ?

A club in the best of health - in so many ways. Well done our support, Anne Budge and Craig Levein

Come on Hearts tomorrow - you can do this  :jambobanana:

Different Class
16 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

In what other business are people forced to buy the seats with the worst view first?  It's a nonsense that people can't but a seat down the front of the w8 unless several hundred other people buy the seats right up the back in W6.  There's no segregation issues here.  There was no possibility of the plastic terrorists being given that section, so why not just put the tickets on sale right from the start. 

As others have already pointed out there's going to be a huge gap that will stick out like a celtic fan with all their own teeth.  It will look ridiculous on TV and those pictures go round the World.  Easily avoided by the CTB (C_ _ _ _ that be) just go out of their way to do everything wrong.

:lol:

Relax. It's not on the TV-view side, is upper tier, and probably won't be totally shut off, so people may migrate over for a better view in the first few rows of the section.

5 hours ago, munro9 said:

my old man is almost 80 and a lifelong Jambo. I got tickets for my son and I but he decided not to come. It turned out he forgot the game had been switched to Murrayfield so after a chat he got the bus up to Tynecastle to get a ticket. Waited in a big queue only to be told he couldnt buy a ticket as he had no buying history (I always buy our tickets). He got little in the way of explanation so left without a ticket feeling understandably pissed off. I managed to get him one with my details but a bit of common sense and we could have shifted more tickets and not wound people up!!

The 'common sense' you seem to be looking for (i.e. the ticket office selling to anyone who claims to be a Hearts fan) would have meant loads of celtic fans buying tickets in the Hearts end, with not only the obvious issue of potential trouble breaking out at the game, but also some genuine Hearts fans missing out on tickets.

SoMarkDevriesy

Just purchased a last minute ( not literally) ticket for a South African friend, is the TO open for 9 tomorrow?

2 minutes ago, SoMarkDevriesy said:

Just purchased a last minute ( not literally) ticket for a South African friend, is the TO open for 9 tomorrow?

Yes

i wish jj was my dad
4 hours ago, Rally200 said:

Embarrassing but not surprising given the morons that run Scottish football.

I remember Jim Farry and his blah blah about Glasgow being the hub of Scottish football when the British Leyland site was wide open for development. That cost us the 2008 Euros and will continue to cost us for years to come.

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Agree totally! 

2 hours ago, BigC said:

Any idea what the h1b5 fan was doing there in the first place? 

1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I certainly don’t blame the club or our TO staff who’ve done a great job, again.

The policy has been in place for a while, you’re right. Just because it has though, doesn’t mean to say it can’t be challenged and reviewed to see if it’s still fit for purpose, or if it needs a wee tweak.

I certainly don’t want to be sat next to one of them and we certainly don’t want to see them buying tickets en masse.

Still disappointing that some Hearts fans will have potentially missed out because they have no purchase history.

Not sure how many folks we have on our database in terms of previous history. If it’s less than 23000 or so, will the issue not resurface potentially with Final tickets?

Still feel it’s worth the club reviewing the process just to check there’s not another solution.

It is unfortunate, but I'm sure it's something the club will have thought about, and failed to come up with a solution to. It's a fact of life that not all problems have a solution. 

1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

This situation is not going to happen for the final should we get there. Against either The Rangers or Aberdeen it will almost certainly be an equal split of tickets possibly 23k each.

I would think it will be STs and loyalty points so everyone buying will definitely have a purchase history.

The only way you can 'tweek' the system for OF games is if you make applicants without a purchase history take a lie detector test☺

I suppose one idea could be to have a neutral zone at big matches like they had at the Falkirk v Inverness final a couple of years back.

How do you prove you are a neutral though ?☺

Edited by luckydug

Dagger Is Back
18 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It is unfortunate, but I'm sure it's something the club will have thought about, and failed to come up with a solution to. It's a fact of life that not all problems have a solution. 

It seems luckydug has provided the ideal solution. ?

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

This situation is not going to happen for the final should we get there. Against either The Rangers or Aberdeen it will almost certainly be an equal split of tickets possibly 23k each.

I would think it will be STs and loyalty points so everyone buying will definitely have a purchase history.

The only way you can 'tweek' the system for OF games is if you make applicants without a purchase history take a lie detector test☺

There you go you’ve cracked it

I hear you both though. Still a shame that some won’t be there.

10 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That's brilliant. 

Sure I was at that game - was it Aberdeen at Pittodrie?

Edited by Jammy T

3 hours ago, PeterintheRain said:

Shut up ya bawbag, mon the Hearts ??????

J Cheever Loophole
6 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

6 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Hahahahaha!

Seems there is additional hospitality tickets which have been sold to Hearts fans inside Murrayfield. I never seen this advertised but presumably these will be sales in addition to the dot count.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/murrayfield-semi-final-where-hearts-fans-can-enjoy-pre-match-hospitality-1-4820763

20 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Will there be Jalbo count this morning? 

I need my fix.

There will be a midday update on seats left and approximate total sales but that'll be all I can manage today.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Is the ticket office open this morning. My idiot nephew has put his match ticket in the washing machine

Yeah 9am

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Is the ticket office open this morning. My idiot nephew has put his match ticket in the washing machine

Yeah open from 9.