Semi Final Dot Count

mainstandjambo

47 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Dancer!!!! Wee boys joint birthday party tomorrow cancelled cos his cousin is ill!!!

Tickets purchased!!!!! So so happy, thought i was missing it!!! Yay and yippee!!

Got to pick them up from Tynie though. Expecting huge queue...

Mon the ill kids.

:yas:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JALBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• scott herbertson

• Clerry Jambo

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

How’s that?

Was in one of those moods mate flapping about my tickets, moaning about the wrong folk - it was my fault.

Took it back after that post ?

Dagger Is Back

Was in earlier and there were lots of folks looking to buy tickets but turned away as they had no purchase history. TO staff getting a hard time of it from some. Steady stream of folks picking up and buying though

Edited by Dagger Is Back

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Was in earlier and there were lots of folks looking to buy tickets but turned away as they had no purchase history. Steady stream of folks picking up and buying though

Do you think they were genuine hearts fans? Or Tourists, Or Tic fans?

Dagger Is Back
11 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Do you think they were genuine hearts fans? Or Tourists, Or Tic fans?

No idea Scott. They all seemed to have teeth and none had obvious body odour challenges! Seriously though, one said he was a Hearts fan and gave an Edinburgh postcode but how are the TO to know for sure? Not sure what would have happened had they tried to buy a ticket for an upcoming league game first and then came back for a ticket for Sunday.

Can't believe anyone without a purchase history, doesn't have a mate that could help

I buy tickets for someone that’s not on the data base but he’s a genuine Hearts fan. He goes to 2-3 games a season but isn’t registered. Shame if there’s folk like that not getting tickets. Not saying there’s an easy solution but it will be happening. Hopefully any Hearts fans like that can find a mate 

You can buy tickets for Hearts games without being on the data base. Bit of a shame if you can’t get a ticket for this reason. Still had a fair bit of time to sort it out tbf. 

Look at that lonely seat in W4...come on, someone take that plunge and get another section sold out ?

Edited by neilnunb

12 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Look at that lonely seat in W4...come on, someone take that plunge and get another section sold out ?

Now it's gobe up to two seats together.

Christ, the seat counting/releases for this game is mad ?

13 minutes ago, JALBO said:

5pm dot coubt delayed til 5.30pm. Queue at ASDA pizza counter similar to tge like the queue for semi final tickets.

Gutted. 

Can you no just get a ready meal ??

portobellojambo1
36 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

No idea Scott. They all seemed to have teeth and none had obvious body odour challenges! Seriously though, one said he was a Hearts fan and gave an Edinburgh postcode but how are the TO to know for sure? Not sure what would have happened had they tried to buy a ticket for an upcoming league game first and then came back for a ticket for Sunday.

Can't believe anyone without a purchase history, doesn't have a mate that could help

Seen a few posts on my Facebook page where people have been at the TO, and been turned down for tickets because of their no purchase history (not sure if it really helps when it is advertised online as a general sale of tickets, but then people turning up at the TO are being refused tickets as it isn't really a general sale, as restrictions are being applied, rightly or wrongly). But on a number of occasions people who have picked up the post on Facebook have then gone online and secured the tickets for their friends on a collect basis).

31 minutes ago, henry said:

I buy tickets for someone that’s not on the data base but he’s a genuine Hearts fan. He goes to 2-3 games a season but isn’t registered. Shame if there’s folk like that not getting tickets. Not saying there’s an easy solution but it will be happening. Hopefully any Hearts fans like that can find a mate 

You can buy tickets for Hearts games without being on the data base. Bit of a shame if you can’t get a ticket for this reason. Still had a fair bit of time to sort it out tbf. 

Seems daft for him not to register an account.

There may well be more occasions like this soon.

Two cup finals we hope.

Scnorthedinburgh
1 hour ago, pablo said:

Possibly. But on this occasion caution is needed in my opinion. That was decent of you to help out the German tourists!

Think they would have done the same. It's hard for the club but the girl serving was great.

Scnorthedinburgh
1 hour ago, Nixie said:

We need a common sense approach. If someone not from Scotland (or Ireland!) is attempting buy without previous history, sell them the tickets.

The staff were great they pointed out it was on my head. I had a quick chat in German and she was happy to sell the tickets.

It's great to see how far Anne has brought this club.

I’ve just had a winner on the football today but sadly won’t be able to attend the game is there any sort of way I can buy a ticket and donate it to someone? I know it’s quite short notice but would love to let someone experience this 

my old man is almost 80 and a lifelong Jambo. I got tickets for my son and I but he decided not to come. It turned out he forgot the game had been switched to Murrayfield so after a chat he got the bus up to Tynecastle to get a ticket. Waited in a big queue only to be told he couldnt buy a ticket as he had no buying history (I always buy our tickets). He got little in the way of explanation so left without a ticket feeling understandably pissed off. I managed to get him one with my details but a bit of common sense and we could have shifted more tickets and not wound people up!!

2 hours ago, BigC said:

Cracking weather forecast for tomorrow. 

It it will be cold but dry and sunny. 

Ticket office is open until 3pm today and opens back up at 9am tomorrow... Presumably right up until KO, or thereabouts. 

Some cloud forecast shortly after kick off now. I'm in the east stand so I'm all for a bit of cloud!

37 minutes ago, JALBO said:

5pm dot coubt delayed til 5.30pm. Queue at ASDA pizza counter similar to tge like the queue for semi final tickets.

Are you counting the pepperoni on one by one?

3 minutes ago, munro9 said:

my old man is almost 80 and a lifelong Jambo. I got tickets for my son and I but he decided not to come. It turned out he forgot the game had been switched to Murrayfield so after a chat he got the bus up to Tynecastle to get a ticket. Waited in a big queue only to be told he couldnt buy a ticket as he had no buying history (I always buy our tickets). He got little in the way of explanation so left without a ticket feeling understandably pissed off. I managed to get him one with my details but a bit of common sense and we could have shifted more tickets and not wound people up!!

Were you aware of needing a purchase history ?

If so you could have informed him about this.

In fact you could have used a bit of common sense. 

The staff are only doing their jobs following rules which  have saved trouble in the stands over the years.

Sorry for the delay and garbled message. Was counting the meatballs on my meatball marinara pizza whilst typing one-handed. :)

5.30pm count:

West Stand - currently selling everything except W8:

Allocation currently on sale: approx 12901

Seats remaining:  374

Seats apparently sold - West Stand: 12527

Hearts End (South Stand) - currently selling everything

Allocation currently on sale: approx 11588

Seats remaining:  1

Seats apparently sold - South Stand: 11587

East Stand - currently selling everything

Allocation currently on sale: approx 4757

Seats remaining:  0

Seats apparently sold - East Stand: 4757

Total seats currently made available for sale: 29,246

Total seats remaining: 375

Total seats apparently sold with the usual caveats:  28,871**

**Including grey'd out hospitality, wheelchair, blind and PA sales, it looks as if we could currently be around 29,100 tickets sold. We've sold just under 300 since 10am this morning, including the various seats that popped up around the ground.

The last section to go on sale is W8 with a capacity of 1,117.  Including seats remaining from current sections on sale, we have 1,492 left from our allocation of around 30,550.

I'll do another count at 10pm tonight.

North Berwick Jambo
2 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Sorry for the delay and garbled message. Was counting the meatballs on my meatball marinara pizza whilst typing one-handed. :)

5.30pm count:

**Including grey'd out hospitality, wheelchair, blind and PA sales, it looks as if we could currently be around 29,100 tickets sold. We've sold just under 300 since 10am this morning, including the various seats that popped up around the ground.

The last section to go on sale is W8 with a capacity of 1,117.  Including seats remaining from current sections on sale, we have 1,492 left from our allocation of around 30,550.

Thanks JALBO! 

19 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Were you aware of needing a purchase history ?

If so you could have informed him about this.

In fact you could have used a bit of common sense. 

The staff are only doing their jobs following rules which  have saved trouble in the stands over the years.

Of course I didn’t realise . And I’m obviously not just talking about one case but general approach. Several anecdotes on here of people not getting tickets. Must be more.  St

21 minutes ago, JALBO said:

5.30pm count:

Brilliant as always.

Certainly looks like over 60,000 will be there.

Just now, jb66 said:

Does this not show hamdump is the wrong decision

This is the last thing the blazers wanted - shows that once again they've made the wrong decision.

The idea that making it easy for the non-old firm fans might result in higher attendances wouldn't have ever been brought to the table.

scott herbertson
10 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

W4 now gone.

2 had appeared in S4 but they've quickly disappeared too.?

I often think it's my browser playing tricks.

If you 'select' the tickets online they disappear for 10 minutes or so, even if you don't complete the purchase

Shanks said no
5 minutes ago, jb66 said:

It does and there is a problem on the horizon

The SPFL face another potential fixture headache if we reach the final. Celtic are scheduled to play St Johnstone in Glasgow the same day the final will be taking place at nearby Hampden. 

11 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

If you 'select' the tickets online they disappear for 10 minutes or so, even if you don't complete the purchase

Yeah, thinking this could be the case.

I shouldn't be checking so often. ?

oh ah grantona
9 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

It does and there is a problem on the horizon

The SPFL face another potential fixture headache if we reach the final. Celtic are scheduled to play St Johnstone in Glasgow the same day the final will be taking place at nearby Hampden. 

The Celtic league game will just be cancelled or brought way forward in time if it was a Hearts V Aberdeen semi.

If Rangers in final with us Celtic will be cancelled

Shanks said no
Just now, oh ah grantona said:

The Celtic league game will just be cancelled or brought way forward in time if it was a Hearts V Aberdeen semi.

If Rangers in final with us Celtic will be cancelled

Celtic can't play Saturday because of the Europa League, Police Scotland won't let them play Sunday if Rangers are in town, so you are correct they will have to cancel but think of the fixture congestion!

25 minutes ago, jb66 said:

I'm not against Hampden as the national stadium, lots of history blah blah.

What it does show is that it's too small, needs bulldozed and brought up to date which isn't going to happen any time soon.

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Seen a few posts on my Facebook page where people have been at the TO, and been turned down for tickets because of their no purchase history (not sure if it really helps when it is advertised online as a general sale of tickets, but then people turning up at the TO are being refused tickets as it isn't really a general sale, as restrictions are being applied, rightly or wrongly). But on a number of occasions people who have picked up the post on Facebook have then gone online and secured the tickets for their friends on a collect basis).

I think PJ that it's something that needs looked at and the right way forward either confirmed or agreed. Seems a shame to have tickets available and folks not being able to buy them. I don't suppose any of us who have attended a game overseas have experienced this issue.

We know it's to stop Celtic fans buying in our end.

8 minutes ago, Rally200 said:

What it does show is that it's too small, needs bulldozed and brought up to date which isn't going to happen any time soon.

Making Hampden bigger won't be easy. There's not much scope with the North Stand because of the proximity of the road behind, and the South Stand is about as big as it can be.  Unless the whole place is bulldozed, the East and West stands seem to be the only realistic redevelopment opportunities - and making those stands closer to the pitch is likely to mean losing capacity rather than adding to it.

Edited by JALBO

1 minute ago, JALBO said:

Making Hampden bigger won't be easy. There's not much scope with the North Stand because of the proximity of the road behind, and the South Stand is about as big as it can be.  Unless the whole place is bulldozed, The East and West stands seem to be the only realistic redevelopment opportunities - and to making those stands closer to the pitch is likely to mean losing capacity rather than adding to it.

To redevelop a national stadium and then have to seriously look at doing it again 20 years later is quite embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

To redevelop a national stadium and then have to seriously look at doing it again 20 years later is quite embarrassing.

Embarrassing but not surprising given the morons that run Scottish football.

portobellojambo1
3 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I think PJ that it's something that needs looked at and the right way forward either confirmed or agreed. Seems a shame to have tickets available and folks not being able to buy them. I don't suppose any of us who have attended a game overseas have experienced this issue.

We know it's to stop Celtic fans buying in our end.

Yip and I fully understand that. It is just unfortunate that it is an approach which while understandable is also impacting on both genuine HMFC fans and visitors to the city. And is it up to the ticket office staff to try and decide who they think are genuine or not, difficult position for them to be put in.

I actually have no problem if a few Celtic clowns bought tickets for our end as long as they behave accordingly and shut it

Likewise if any Hearts fan bought at ticket for an away end of a ground.

Its a shame that genuine "football supporters" especially tourists are turned away with so many seats available

J Cheever Loophole
41 minutes ago, Rally200 said:

A new stadium should be built at Stirling

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Seemingly Celtic still have a load of tickets unsold. Anyone know how many they have shifted?

Interesting if true.

2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Seemingly Celtic still have a load of tickets unsold. Anyone know how many they have shifted?

They claimed to have sold out?