Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

Could one of the semis not been played midweek or on another weekend, or at Murrayfield. The early kick-off is also unfair on Aberdeen. No consideration for the fan. My high from our result on Wednesday has gone flat. Contingency plans should have been in place, instead of this farce. Hang your heads in shame Spfl you are a shambles, get out.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Maybe someone has made the point already but I take it the toilets will be cleaned, terracing swept etc etc....before our game?

Or will the authorities blag it and hope no one complains?

There will probably be a 4 hour window to turnaround the majority of the facilities and the pitch. I assume there will be a huge team of bodies thrown at this.

The only thing that will be a squeeze will be the hospitality but in the grand scheme of things that is never going to be a huge seller given the respective kick-off times.

11 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Its also complete bollocks. They could have reversed our league fixtures with Celtic and played at Tyencastle against them on the day of the semi-final which would have presented no issue given there would only have been 3500 of them traveling. The league game scheduled for Parkhead on November 3rd would be played on the date when we were meant to have them at Tynie in February. This would have allowed the semi final to be played the weekend after the Rangers v Aberdeen when we were meant to be playing Celtic anyway. No additional fixture congestion and the opportunity to have both semi-finals as major occasions at suitable kick off times and with vastly increased crowds. But of course that was all too difficult for these incompetent asshats.

Have to agree I have been trying to work out if I am missing something that Doncaster and his cronies can't work out, even Ann Budge.

On Saturday 27th October we play Dundee as per fixture list and they play whoever due to play on the Sunday at whatever time.

Rangers v Aberdeen is played on the Sunday with a 3pm or 4pm kick off.

Saturday 3rd November we are due to play them in the league game so play this as the semi final on the Saturday or Sunday.

No extra games needing rearranged still only 1 game for each team so no fixture congestion.

Only solution  - ru.bbish

Why not play Hearts v Celtic on the following weekend  when the League

Game is due.  All problems solved.

Aberdeen v Rangers  as scheduled but with a 1500 ko time.

On Saturday 27  Hearts and Celtic both play their scheduled fixtures

Result LESS disruption as 2 League matches played (Dundee v Hearts  and whoever Celtic play)  which otherwise would be cancelled.   Only  Celtic  v Hearts to be rescheduled and they have until April to do that.

49 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Folk expecting Ann Budge to tell SPFL we won’t play the game etc.......what a right bunch of tits we have amongst our support.

Why so antagonist towards fellow fans? Who are the tits you speak of? What is covered in ‘etc’?

If you’re trying to make a point, you’ve made a shop front of it. 

24 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Do you think we should withdraw?  Telling them to ram it suggests that.  Ann Budge has already expressed her concern.  What else do you want her to do?

Perhaps we could agree that she could make an even stronger statement but other than walking away there's nothing else she can do.

Reflecting on this for hours now this could also cause us to lose the Hibs game but realistically, what can we do.

I would have no qualms over withdrawn.

That screws their live TV game for starters. A stand has to be taken imho and for me that stand gets taken now.

5 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Why so antagonist towards fellow fans? Who are the tits you speak of? What is covered in ‘etc’?

Why are some fans being so aggressive in their views towards the club and the owner ?

AB has clearly done all she can to persuade the SPFL to reconsider their decision but with no success.....yet there are a number of narrow minded idiots suggesting the club withdraws from the competition.

There are very few folk connected the Hearts that will will be happy at the fixture move but to suggest we chuck our toys out the buggy is just plain stupid.

Edited by DH1986

For me, the statement is very weak.   

We we are basically saying, we don’t like it, but have have to accept it, whilst trying to avoid upsetting or offending the arseholes responsible.  

Ann is amazing, and what she has done is incredible, but sometimes she does underwhelm.   This is one of those occasions.   Hopefully, as days pass, she can change my opinion on this. 

31 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I agree with most of what you’re saying........

But to demand the club withdraws from a tournament we have a great chance of winning is just lunacy.

If we get to the final......I assume all those demanding we pull out now will continue this protest and not bother going ?

We won't get to the final. I say that with the heaviest hearts. Every advantage is being given to two clubs here. It's a sham. Us and Aberdeen are being shafted bigtime. It's an absolute disgrace and we should be telling all and sundry in simple plain language. Not the wishy washy statement that was released last night.

Just read the statement and it's weak . 

Shoukd have condemned it out of hand . 

We will be walking out to  circa 5k fans for a  semi final which is totally unacceptable. 

Just now, John Findlay said:

We won't get to the final. I say that with the heaviest hearts. Every advantage is being given to two clubs here. It's a sham. Us and Aberdeen are being shafted bigtime. It's an absolute disgrace and we should be telling all and sundry in simple plain language. Not the wishy washy statement that was released last night.

But if we do......

Will these people asking us to withdraw go to the game ?

What an abolsutely idiotic decision. Travel will be a nightmare for us and Aberdeen as well as the old firm clowns that aren’t from Glasgow (which is probably a lot of them!).

Was hopeing to take my kid to her first semi final but that’s not happening at that time. 

Even the fact it is it is a game at the weekend at that time is asking for trouble with fans having all day getting tanked up before a big game. Four big clubs all in the same city on one day is a recipe for disaster. You’ll have drunk ones celebrating after the first game while the other fans arrive in Glasgow too. 

The powers that be need need to know what an awful decision this is and also a fairly dangerous one. 

Perhaps we we could get a projector and big screen at tynecastle and all watch it from there. That way we get the money and can all enjoy our victory safely and get home at a reasonably sensible time. Doesn’t help the players but we’ve got enough to beat them regardless. 

Im probably a bit angry just and will end up folding and going through but I feel we should do something about it at the same time. What a joke eh! We really need to get some of the morons that ‘run’ our game to resign. 

8 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Apparently the police have realised that if they put Aberdeen on the early game, their fans won't be able to make it down in time and it will be easier to police. 

Aberdeen are on the early game. 

Had another reply above, its so Celtic can rest a bit longer as they are away in Europe on the Thursday. 

Whilst I appreciate that Ann would have been genuinely shocked and "astonished" when she was informed what had been pre decided over the fixtures I would have liked her to have immediately held a press conference on the steps of Hampden once it was obvious that the incompetents where unprepared and unwilling to discuss and investigate alternatives. I feel that she could have made a strong verbal statement ripping into the disgraceful decision there and then, exposing them for what they are on their own turf and stating that Heart of Midlothian completely disagree with and do not accept the decision forced upon them and that they will fight the decision in every way until common sense prevails. I get that some will think that would have been extremely knee jerk and probably against character but it would have been a statement of intent and I believe, having read the comments of fans of clubs around the country, including Celtic fans, seen significant backing from elsewhere. I don't feel what we or Aberdeen have said is sufficient. 

15 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Most threads on here, especially the ones about individual players, call our own fans ***** so I’m not sure DH1986 has overstepped the mark here. 

Anyone suggesting Hearts withdraw from the competition is mad because the repurcussions of that would be huge. 

13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

This doesn’t change much and we still have a good chance of going through against a poor Celtic team playing on the back of a Europa League away game. 

Its the fans who have the big problem here, not the players. 

20 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Why are some fans being so aggressive in their views towards the club and the owner ?

AB has clearly done all she can to persuade the SPFL to reconsider their decision but with no success.....yet there are a number of narrow minded idiots suggesting the club withdraws from the competition.

There are very few folk connected the Hearts that will will be happy at the fixture move but to suggest we chuck our toys out the buggy is just plain stupid.

Hang on till I lube you up! 

We're sick of this and the blatant corruption within the SFA. It's their in black and white for all to see. 

If we do what you do and bend over, lube up and take this, then nothing will ever change.

I don't want hearts to pull out the game. I do want something done I regards to a boycott or something stronger from within Hearts. 

It's the old Micky mouse cup. It gets you nothing but a trophy. If we as a club make a stand and show the world what a bunch of idiots run our established, things will change. 

To bend over and do nothing is unthinkable. 

Edited by Djnoisy

Just now, Djnoisy said:

Hang on till I lube you up! 

We're sick of this and the blatant corruption within the SFA is their in black and white for all to see. 

If we do what you do and bend over, lube up and take this, then nothing will ever change. 

So.....

Is this all the great minds of JKB can come up with ?

“We’re no happy so we’re no playing”

10 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

But if we do......

Will these people asking us to withdraw go to the game ?

Your point is complete nonsense. Why you are attacking fans who have done absolutely noting wrong is anybody's guess. The Hearts fans excited and thrilled to make a semi-final have been completely shafted by a decision that is amongst the most incompetent and disgraceful in the history of Scottish football and thats saying something. Many people simply do not have the option to travel now for numerous reasons some logistical, some practical and some because they have a different threshold on when enough is simply enough and they have reached it. That is absolutely no slight on those who decide to travel but to try to one up Hearts fans who decide for whatever reason not to attend this farce is ludicrous and missing the point by a considerable distance.

The statement says nothing more than we didn't want it but have bent over as per.

I think we should play the game but Hearts should make a statement advising fans not to travel through and that they will put on a beamback at Tynie.

Just do something FFS.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Signed. This one really is down to people power. 

The clubs have clearly shown their disgust

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I would have no qualms over withdrawn.

That screws their live TV game for starters. A stand has to be taken imho and for me that stand gets taken now.

I agree with pulling out of this, really, what is the point in pandering to this type of abuse?

If something like this had been arranged for  Murrayfield, Edinburgh police and local residents and councillors, would I hope have told them to ram it, as we should.

Honestly, some of the overreaction on here. It reads like a Celtic forum. “Withdraw from the competition” “Hearts need to leave Scottish Football” “Boycott the game!”

Get a ****ing grip. It’s a pretty shite state of affairs and understand why people are pissed off, but **** me. 

I don’t like the idea of fans boycotting because it puts a negative slant on their that do go. 

And I would never want us boycotting home games as that costs us. 

However, I hope we keep this in mind next season when it comes to playing the lower league teams away. 

Like others I have attended every semi final and final since the 1970s. However this situation deserves a response from us. Sadly this will impact the team on the night but let's hope it adds to their determination to get a result. Personally I cannot accept this spfl outrage and neither me or my son will attend.

joondalupjambo

For travelling football fans this is a bizarre decision but situations like this have been going on for years and nobody has done anything about it.   Clubs supporters cannot group together and act, some fans attend games regardless and some don't, cash flows and clubs keep silent and so on.  People in charge of anything have known for centuries that if you divide you can rule, basic power move and still as effective as it ever was.

Recent marketing about Scottish football attendances going up  has given the power brokers another bell to ring albeit we kind of know that this is more than likely based on season tickets sold not actual bums on seats at single games throughout a season.  Many people choose what games they attend, as is the way now due to a range of issues within their lives.

So I guess the point is no matter what happens in relation to this issue the power brokers will most likely win through, BT will get their live games at times that suit them, certain clubs will be happy as always but many other fans will have to suffer because of the decisions and make their individual choices on attending or otherwise.

Personally I would love to see Hearts and Aberdeen take a stand here and get legal, with the costs being shared between them, and try and find a way to have this decision changed.  I am sure that FoH would be interested in helping as well.  Clubs taking a lead on this would mean that they value their supporters and ensure a more concentrated effort to try and rebuff to the ruling.  Fans cannot do this, too split.

If the decision remains then thousands of decent fans will not attend.   Every fan has the right to make that choice or not.  I have no intention of going now.  I like the idea of giving the cost of a ticket to the FoH.

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

So.....

Is this all the great minds of JKB can come up with ?

“We’re no happy so we’re no playing”

Along with too-many-for-comfort odd sexual references yes. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

The statement says nothing more than we didn't want it but have bent over as per.

I think we should play the game but Hearts should make a statement advising fans not to travel through and that they will put on a beamback at Tynie.

Just do something FFS.

Continue to discuss Ron. We don't run the game. We can't withdraw but we can demean the competition come the day with an important match on the back of it

Corstorphine Jambo

There’s talk of the SPFL having a contract to play semi-finals at Hampden. We all know that’s either brand new (maybe typed up yesterday...) or doesn’t actually exist. On Wednesday after the game BBC “understood” it had all been agreed with the SRU to use Murrayfield if the scenario of Rangers and Celtic both winning and being drawn apart. So either the BBC had it wrong or something changed? Maybe the SRU will comment to confirm or deny?

1 minute ago, magicTs said:

Your point is complete nonsense. Why you are attacking fans who have done absolutely noting wrong is anybody's guess. The Hearts fans excited and thrilled to make a semi-final have been completely shafted by a decision that is amongst the most incompetent and disgraceful in the history of Scottish football and thats saying something. Many people simply do not have the option to travel now for numerous reasons some logistical, some practical and some because they have a different threshold on when enough is simply enough and they have reached it. That is absolutely no slight on those who decide to travel but to try to one up Hearts fans who decide for whatever reason not to attend this farce is ludicrous and missing the point by a considerable distance.

What has Ann Budge done wrong ?

There are folk saying she’s weak etc and suggesting we withdraw from the competition ffs. They are the folk I’m questioning.

This is a totally ludicrous situation that the combined brains at Police Scotland, SPFL and SFA/Hampden have forced on the fans but giving up the opportunity to win a major trophy is unfair on the club and the players who’ve worked damn hard to get this far.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don’t like the idea of fans boycotting because it puts a negative slant on their that do go. 

And I would never want us boycotting home games as that costs us. 

However, I hope we keep this in mind next season when it comes to playing the lower league teams away. 

Not usually a boycott fan either Nook but this one is a no brainer for me 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Continue to discuss Ron. We don't run the game. We can't withdraw but we can demean the competition come the day with an important match on the back of it

I'd be happy with a complete "reserve" team running out and I mean 15 and 16 year olds. The vermin game is far more important now than this mickey mouse nonsense.

Although if we did that I'm sure the derby ref would be well briefed before the match on what was expected of him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

I prefer the Aberdeen statement. Ours is a bit tame.

Ours is detailed. The 2 actually compliment one another. 

Refuse the tickets 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I'd be happy with a complete "reserve" team running out and I mean 15 and 16 year olds. The vermin game is far more important now than this mickey mouse nonsense.

Although if we did that I'm sure the derby ref would be well briefed before the match on what was expected of him.

Re the ref very true 

highlandjambo3

Personally I’d tell them to ram it.......were top of the table and, potentially will still be there by the time the SF is due.  would make a real sham of whoever goes on to win it.

bending to the weegia, this one really does take the biscuit 

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Suggesting that those who’d favour a boycott are “narrow minded” is a bit more eloquent that just callin them tits though, surely? ??

I think the idea of boycotting has come about due to the absolute disdain we’ve been shown here. It could not be clearer where the authorities priorities lie here. This is unprecedented in terms of its blatant bias, and many many fans think we should be doing moare as a club to protect our fans interests. 

Ive never advocated a boycott before, and I’m actually quite surprised at the fact that I’m leaning towards agreeing with the idea. We’ve been shafted here big style, and we should’ve had a far more robust response. Ann’s statement reeks of being unhappy but getting on with it, which is exactly what the authorities would’ve hoped for. 

When FOH gets full control I hope the first item on the agenda is securing a pair of bollocks on behalf of the club. That statement shows we currently have none, and makes me question if we really are “all  one” as the FOH would have us believe.  

Like most hearts fans I'm not happy about the decision, but this talk of pulling out of the game is embarrassing. The lads have done well to get us there in the first place. Hopefully they can do us proud and get us to the final, giving fans who missed the semi and other chance.

2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I did wonder about that, if we just send out a reserve team, explaining that we are giving the tournament as much priority as it has given us. 

4 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Just do something FFS.

Aberdeen and Hearts should get together today and issue a joint statement confirming that they are declining to take any tickets whatsoever. That the welfare of their clubs supporters are of foremost importance and if need be their players will play in a national semi-final without any backing. Call their bluff. In my opinion those that made this decision under pressure from BT would shit their breeks rather promptly and all of a sudden other options would emerge. I don't believe for a second they would go ahead with this farce under that circumstance as it would become massive football news throughout Europe embarrassing and undermining them. Any such tactic is worthwhile in my view. 

Allowayjambo1874

The only way for the spfl to get out of this with even a modicum of respect is to ask Aberdeen and Hearts to organise busses to/from Hampden that arrive just prior to kick off and leave straight after and pick up the bill (or most of it). Relieves pressure on policing as less fans bevvying in Glasgow and takes away the travelling issues regards too early for sheep and too late for us. Doesn’t help with taking kids to late game or people that don’t live in Edinburgh but at least would show they acknowledged the problems and were trying to alleviate them. Will never happen though that smug wank Doncaster couldn’t give two hoots about fans. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

All of them?

Yup. Sometime some place someone has to take a stand.

Fixture congestion bollocks. We are still in September ffs

Aberdeen and Rangers locked in a draw on 90 minutes. Or 120 minutes. A player could literally throw himself to the ground right in front of the referee and he’s getting the penalty.