Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Melodrama. It is a crazy decision but football will still be played. And hopefully we will win the match and win the cup. I still plan to attend, regardless how difficult they make it to do so. 

is an understandable decision,  Dave,  but strikes me off Stockholm syndrome. Keep on taking the shafting and they won't stop giving you the shafting.

What I'd LOVE to happen is a statement from the club telling fans they needn't buy tickets; that the club would put on LC SF evenings. at Tynie and, maybe other venues. Charge a modest sum; get a few ex players in for selfies n shit; throws in a pie and a pint. Surplus goes to the club; we get our 25% of takings at Hampden and statement made that we won't be ragrolled by those Fokkers at Hampden. 

Either something like that or else I get to put a snooker ball in a sock; go to Hampden at 1:45; take out a few orcs and then wait for some tics to arrive and do the same again. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Thats you though Dave your an experienced campaigner? , many fans travel a great distance for a semi final and with family for a day out. The whole feeling of euphoria of getting there is gone now , for some it wont return as attending is no longer an option. Hence the melodrama. The statements make it clear it was not agreed as per the leagues statement but imposed and strongly disagreed with on many grounds. The ridicule fans of all teams including the OF have given it is very telling

I agree with that sentiment entirely but I will still go.  

1 hour ago, Bez said:

How people can’t see through this, I don’t know. Here, have a wee look at this, and oh... wait a minute...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3191413/hampden-murrayfield-sfa-home-scottish-football-haughey-farmer/amp/

“... Lord Willie Haughey is a former Celtic director... “

“... But the switch east was killed when businessmen Sir Tom and Lord Haughey forked out the cash.

Tonight fridge millionaire and ex-Celtic director Lord Haughey, 62, admitted his pledge was a “purely emotional investment”.

The peer said: “It was vitally important that it remained in Glasgow. Hampden is an iconic stadium in the eyes of millions.

“I was brought up in Toryglen in the shadow of Hampden. I won my first cup final playing for Queen’s Park Boys Club... “

Lord Haugh-Haugh?

Horrible decision for fans. Especially kids who would have loved the day out. I still remember my first trip to Hampden. Awful day. 5-1 defeat to rangers. But the atmosphere before the game was electric. 

But I'm not for the boycott! **** the sfa/spfl! Let's all do what we can to go. Raise the roof and make the final. And let's have the sheep doing the same. The spfl have made a statement here that they want an old firm final. Let's make sure it's not! 2 of my mates who usually can't make games can go now because it's a late Sunday. Best thing we can do is to go and win!!!!

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

is an understandable decision,  Dave,  but strikes me off Stockholm syndrome. Keep on taking the shafting and they won't stop giving you the shafting.

What I'd LOVE to happen is a statement from the club telling fans they needn't buy tickets; that the club would put on LC SF evenings. at Tynie and, maybe other venues. Charge a modest sum; get a few ex players in for selfies n shit; throws in a pie and a pint. Surplus goes to the club; we get our 25% of takings at Hampden and statement made that we won't be ragrolled by those Fokkers at Hampden. 

Either something like that or else I get to put a snooker ball in a sock; go to Hampden at 1:45; take out a few orcs and then wait for some tics to arrive and do the same again. 

There’s still a game to be won imo.  

Outrage and Incredulity is pretty universal, even from OF fans. Dungcatcher should take full responsibility and finally do they decent thing and  walk the plank.

Just imagine how much better Scottish Football could be with someone competent in charge.

6 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I'm really not happy with the situation but the team need our backing and everyone who can attend should IMO. We are already at a disadvantage without adding to it further.

By all means protest in ways that don't affect our team.

Edited by Hungry hippo

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

And no-one should go because you can’t? It’s a screw up but I still plan to go to suppport the team. 

Now I'm starting to disagree with you.

Its not unreasonable to expect that a semi final will be played mid afternoon. We could take our kids and have a memorable family day out. 

The cu(n)ts at Hampden have just made that near impossible for a large number of people. In doing so, they hand Ann advantage to our oppo, their blue-eyed, ginger haired, favoured child. 

I'd like to see steps taken to show that this is unacceptable; it's more than a screw up - Its blatant, craven favouritism. 

I'll support the team; I just won't be there to cheer them on.

I'm abroad the weekend of the semi-finals however I'm raging for my friends and family who would liked to have gone to this game. People work and go to school on Monday mornings for **** sake. The SPFL are now level with the SFA in terms of my hatred now. I even feel sorry for the mutton molesters now, they say the old firm doesn't exist,aye right.

Worthing Jambo
18 minutes ago, sirwalter said:

Lord Haugh-Haugh?

Bingo!

scottish football bought for £2.5M.

i wonder if the contractual aspect came into force recently?

Should have been two 3pm kick-offs, Hearts vs Celtic at Murrayfield and as Celtic fans clear out of Glasgow, Aberdeen fans make it down to Hampden.

By the time Celtic fans make it back to Glasgow afterwards, Aberdeen fans will be half-way north.

(Obviously this assumes both games end at the same time.)

Now that they've fecked us for traveling by train, they can fully justify the soon to be incoming request from the Smellies, for a reduction in our ticket allocation, and an increase in theirs.

Edited by Busby8

The fixture congestion is the problem of the teams playing in Europe.

Now they have made it the problem for the teams not playing in Europe. 

Completely unacceptable. 

I imagine they're far too arrogant to reconsider but if they did I wouldn't be surprised if they rescheduled our game for 7.45 on a Friday night at Wembley.

19 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Should have been two 3pm kick-offs, Hearts vs Celtic at Murrayfield and as Celtic fans clear out of Glasgow, Aberdeen fans make it down to Hampden.

By the time Celtic fans make it back to Glasgow afterwards, Aberdeen fans will be half-way north.

(Obviously this assumes both games end at the same time.)

The problem with your post is that it makes perfect common sense to do this and common sense is never ever used by the likes of Doncaster . 

Just to add to the transport problems Kevin Bridges is on at the hydro the same night as the semi finals as well , that’ll be possibly 10,000 people ? 

This is decision is a recipe for disaster and if that does come to happen all blame will lie at the hands of the spfl and the Glasgow police/ police Scotland . 

Not sure if mentioned but the BBC site says the first Aberdeen to Glasgow train on a Sunday gets in 14 minutes after the kick off.

?????????????

There really could be a comedy series about this.

Total farce.

i have agreed with nearly everything Mrs Budge has done so far for the club but this was an easy decision for her to make today and tell the weedgie police, the SPFL & Hampden to go take a running **** at themselves.

We were first team out the draw so why aren't we the first game?

This has all the potential to be the perfect storm. 

Dependant on the final score earlier of the earlier game expect bother after it, in and around hampden. With all the traffic issues around hampden, trying to park while the earlier game is still trying to get away will be a joke.

its a Sunday evening so the train service is pi*s poor. If you stay in Edinburgh expect to get home around midnight.

Anywhere else don't bother. (I'm in Monifeith, if it went to extra time, my best hope would be getting home around 9.30am Monday morning).

i really hope it's chucking it down for two or three days beforehand and the pitch is a total mess. ( I can mind cup semi finals being played Sat/Sun one year after poor weather and even with 24hrs between the games the Sunday game was played on a ploughed field).

I see neither Glasgow team has said anything....

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I agree with that sentiment entirely but I will still go.  

You and your spineless submissive nature is exactly why the OF/SFA  manage to piss all over us on issues like semi finals venues/times.

9 minutes ago, ADAM said:

You and your spineless submissive nature is exactly why the OF/SFA  manage to piss all over us on issues like semi finals venues/times.

:cornette::cornette:

I will NEVER set foot in Hampden or line the pockets of the SFA ever again.

Scottish football is rotten to the core.

Total disgrace. 

Edited by JamboSpur

We all know this is about saving face for the SPFL, SFA and folk who backed or financed the Hampden purchase, as well as not inconveniencing the OF.

While playing our game at Murrayfield and the other at Hampden, both at 3pm, would have been perfect for the fans to watch two showpiece games in what has been one of the better League Cups for a while, it just wouldn't do for the Murrayfield atmosphere and experience to compare favourably to Hampden, which we all know it would, and even draw a bigger crowd which it probably would as well.

Instead, one of the country's best stadiums will sit empty while 10 or 15k Hearts fans (if we're lucky now) pass it on their way to Glasgow to play a major trophy semi final at a ridiculous time of day (has one ever been held on a Sunday evening in Scotland or England?).

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

I understand when it comes to folk who were planning on taking children etc but anyone else threatening to boycott the game now needs to have a word. This isn't about the spfl, it's about Hearts reaching a semi for the first time in 5 years, the hampden trip we've all missed so dearly and the chance to rip into these mhanky arseholes and get one step closer to the first silverware of the season

Short sighted and utterly selfish! Sometimes, fans and clubs have to do the right thing. Hearts have a long history of this. 

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, redm said:

I fully understand the commercial appeal of the OF but you can’t go signing up to deals featuring special and separate provisions or conditions for two teams and not expect that to have a problematic impact on decision-making and fairness to  other clubs further down the line. It’s so short-sighted and grabby. I’d call it naive but I don’t think it’s a case of them not considering the repercussions, I reckon they just couldn’t care less. Sod everybody else, but keep the weedgies happy and keep the money rolling in. ?

Very much this although I take issue with your final sentence. It's not about the money. It never has been. If it was the Gfa and Spfl would be encouraging a level playing field. This is about placating their bosses at Darkheid and Ipox, Scotland's actual football authorities.

Think Ann’s misjudged this one. This was the time to not back down. What’s the point in foh and following your club all over the place to just get shafted like this

I think if we cite safety concerns there may be grounds for a Judicial Review of this decision or that there has been misrepresentation by Doncaster re the contractual obligations.

Hearts lawyers should be looking to take the SPFL to court.

13 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I think if we cite safety concerns there may be grounds for a Judicial Review of this decision or that there has been misrepresentation by Doncaster re the contractual obligations.

Hearts lawyers should be looking to take the SPFL to court.

I agree and not only given the potential for disorder and numerous issues out with the vicinity of Hampden but inside the stadium as well. How do they propose to ensure that the facilities inside the stadium are safe and secure between say 2.20pm and 6.30pm? Are they going to clean up the mess left by 30,000+ after the Aberdeen v Rangers game? Are they going to clean toilets and ensure seats are able to be sat on by the 2nd sets of fans? There are endless issues that could become apparent. Do they even have a safety certificate to run major back to back events in this manner?

The entire situation is a complete shambles and oh so predictable. I have to say that I've looked on numerous forums and message boards and there is widespread dismay, disbelief and bewilderment from virtually everyone including Celtic fans who are fairly critical with regards the lack of statement from their club. Its absolutely shameful. I think the decision is so ludicrous in its ineptitude and given the possibility of serious disorder there should be calls for government intervention. 

Edited by magicTs

Seymour M Hersh

Perhaps the club should sue the SPFL for the cost of supplying free transport (buses) to all supporters wishing to go. There's no way the club should cough up the cost of it. Dreadful, dreadful decision by dungcaster and his cronies and all to favour 2 teams and 1 investor who kept them at the dump that is hamden. If any further evidence was needed that football is a complete bust in this country (not that it was for me) this should be it. 

5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Folk expecting Ann Budge to tell SPFL we won’t play the game etc.......what a right bunch of tits we have amongst our support.

You being the biggest.

The Ann Budge statement is weak.

There are certain times in life when you have to bypass the diplomatic language and not care who you upset. Imho this is one of these times.

This decision was purely taken on the grounds that neither of the ugliest was prepared to play outside Glasgow.

With regards European games. Celtic shouldn't be playing any. They FAILED in the champions league and should be out of Europe. This is a club who moaned that it wasn't right as champions they had to play so many qualifiers. Not a peep about being parachuted into the lesser European competition because they failed in the premier one.

To play a national cup semi final in Glasgow at 7.45pm on a Sunday evening is sheer lunacy.  Total madness.

Damn right we should be telling them to ram it. This is a chance to let the Glasgow mafia know once and for all that we've had enough of their shenanigans. It's a chance we shouldn't let go to waste. The reality is they will do the same next year. The year after ad nauseum. Why? Because we let them.

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You being the biggest.

There are certain times in life when you have to bypass the diplomatic language and not care who you upset. Imho this is one of these times.

This decision was purely taken on the grounds that neither of the ugliest was prepared to play outside Glasgow.

With regards European games. Celtic shouldn't be playing any. They FAILED in the champions league and should be out of Europe. This is a club who moaned that it wasn't right as champions they had to play so many qualifiers. Not a peep about being parachuted into the lesser European competition because they failed in the premier one.

To play a national cup semi final in Glasgow at 7.45pm on a Sunday evening is sheer lunacy.  Total madness.

Damn right we should be telling them to ram it. This is a chance to let the Glasgow mafia know once and for all that we've had enough of their shenanigans. It's a chance we shouldn't let go to waste. The reality is they will do the same next year. The year after ad nauseum. Why? Because we let them.

I agree with most of what you’re saying........

But to demand the club withdraws from a tournament we have a great chance of winning is just lunacy.

If we get to the final......I assume all those demanding we pull out now will continue this protest and not bother going ?

Edited by DH1986

Taken from the Edinburgh Evening News and a quote from SPFL secretary Ian Blair:

"The crowded fixture calendar means that this is the best and most practical solution as any alternative had the knock-on effect of causing major fixture congestion, not only for Celtic and Rangers, but for several other SPFL clubs."

The way that is worded says it all right ****ing there!!!

This whole debacle is something else. An evening k.o. for what was once a major semi. Is this to accommodate the Tims who'll have to sign on the following morning. I'm sure the GFA have stiffened hubz in similar fashion in recent years. The favouritism to the West is so obvious a blind man can see it.

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You being the biggest.

Do you think we should withdraw?  Telling them to ram it suggests that.  Ann Budge has already expressed her concern.  What else do you want her to do?

Perhaps we could agree that she could make an even stronger statement but other than walking away there's nothing else she can do.

Reflecting on this for hours now this could also cause us to lose the Hibs game but realistically, what can we do.

So utterly ridiculous on so many different levels that its hard to actually pick which one to start with in writing this post

First and foremost, we're talking about passing an advantage on to both sides of the old firm in terms of progressing to the final. At a time where, on paper, both Aberdeen and Hearts could certainly hope to go in to these ties with a fair chance of progressing - once again, things have been weighted in favour of the old firm.

I don't expect you'll get particularly long odds on it beinf a Celtic Rangers final now. Aberdeen being asked to play at a time which makes it nigh on impossible to get down from Aberdeen in time from, and Hearts being asked to play at a time which will see many fans unable to get home at a reasonable hour, if at all.

Normally, folk talk about boycotting things and 'no chance i'd take my kids to that' and all that sorta thing and I kinda play it down as OTT all talk nd no action kinda thing - but in this instance, I absolutely agree. Hearts vs Celtic has had a large degree of notoriety about it in recent years, and due to the constraints of the times etc - you're probably already looking at it being largely the 'hardcore' support who plan to attend. 7:45pm on a Sunday night. For most of these folk, that will be after a sunday sesh, perhaps mostly spent already in or around Glasgow.

With supporters of the 4 biggest clubs in the country all in the same city over the same 10 hours - i'd expect the potential for trouble, or at very least some unsavoury behaviour, is massive.

Would I be wanting to take kids to a 7:45pm kick off on a sunday night where they wont be home till the early hours of Monday morning? Probably not. But factor in the potential for things kicking off and the level of drunken nonsense and I can see why for many parents it'll be an absolute no no.

Its a shambles plain and simple. We've been stitched up good and proper here.

12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You being the biggest.

Agreed. In comparison to some of Mrs Budge previous statements yesterday's one was poor.

there should have been separate statements and a joint statement from Hearts & Aberdeen.

this decision gives both Glasgow based teams an unfair advantage.

there are safety concerns for all supporters and this mental decision makes a mockery of a national competition 

2 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Taken from the Edinburgh Evening News and a quote from SPFL secretary Ian Blair:

"The crowded fixture calendar means that this is the best and most practical solution as any alternative had the knock-on effect of causing major fixture congestion, not only for Celtic and Rangers, but for several other SPFL clubs."

The way that is worded says it all right ****ing there!!!

Its also complete bollocks. They could have reversed our league fixtures with Celtic and played at Tyencastle against them on the day of the semi-final which would have presented no issue given there would only have been 3500 of them traveling. The league game scheduled for Parkhead on November 3rd would be played on the date when we were meant to have them at Tynie in February. This would have allowed the semi final to be played the weekend after the Rangers v Aberdeen when we were meant to be playing Celtic anyway. No additional fixture congestion and the opportunity to have both semi-finals as major occasions at suitable kick off times and with vastly increased crowds. But of course that was all too difficult for these incompetent asshats.

30 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Folk expecting Ann Budge to tell SPFL we won’t play the game etc.......what a right bunch of tits we have amongst our support.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men/women do nothing.

Just now, Hood09 said:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men/women do nothing.

I didn’t say we should do nothing...........

6 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Not having a go at anyone , and i get the sentiment , but you do realize that this " Aw well .Lets all just buckle down and go and get on with it and do what were told and go and support the team no matter what " chat is the very reason things like this keep happening ?

If Celtic and Ranger did it would they listen ? 

Do you think Celtic and The Rangers fans wouldn't if the boot was on the other foot ?

Why should we , or Aberdeen or anyone be any different ?

There's a time and a place for everything. This is the perfect time and place for this.

**** them! **** their rigged game!

If anyone outside the Old Firm had any doubt then this last few weeks should have opened the final eyes.

We'd get huge support from every like minded fan in the country, THE MAJORITY of scottish football fan. Who knows what might happen. Could it be worse than this ?

Im sure the players would understand.

Jim Spence more or less tweeted saying the same thIng.  ‘You

can moan about it all you want, but if you accept my, nothing will change’.  Or something along those lines. 

Think I will give the FOH the price of the ticket instead of going. 15,000 - 20,000 doing the same thing and not going to game would maybe send a message. But make sure money goes to hearts.

Dave McCreery's knee

Its interesting reading Craigan and other BT Sport staff tweets about this being innovative and progressive and the responses, which universally condemn the decision. They are so far off the pulse of the real football fan. Attendances are up and we have a competitive and improving product - its almost as if they scheduled the games to make it easier to watch on tv than in person.  

If murrayfield was a non starter, Id rather our game was in a full easter road with an early kick off so that aberdeen fans could get to hampden for a 3pm kick off - or 4pm if BT wanted to show both games FFS. 

Like many others I was looking forward to taking my little lad [10]....no chance I will be taking him now 

Surely they must all listen and knock one semi back a week..?

Maybe someone has made the point already but I take it the toilets will be cleaned, terracing swept etc etc....before our game?

Or will the authorities blag it and hope no one complains?