• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

The statements from both Hearts and Aberdeen clearly indicate that although all clubs were at the meeting they were told how it was to be by the SPFL who ignored the logical arguments as stated by Mrs B in her statement. It's not a new thing that these decisions favour the Glasgow clubs so I really don't know what people expected Mrs B to do about it. If anybody wants to complain about it, complaints should surely be directed to the SPFL rather than Hearts.

I don't know if I'll now be going or not. I drive to games and live in the borders so allowing for extra time etc would get home after 1.00am. 

20 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Don't see a mention of a contractual obligation to play at Hampden here...

DoIfBiJXsAAzLeT.jpg

or here...

DoIev5MUwAAdhpL.jpg

Taken from this years (2018) Betfred Cup rules.

Should tweet that to all the apprpriate people

9 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I wonder if the contractual position is that it must be played at hampden if OF in the tie. I also thought that SPFL was made up of member clubs. So im guessing neither HMFC or AFC have a clue what their organisation is signing up to? or surley this would all have been cleared up well before today. Euro gp qual was weeks ago. Dont beleive anyone cold called Police Scotland this morning to enquire whether it was feasible and got a quick nae bother it can be done. This was surely all known as the likely  outcome from moment QF draw was made and planning in advance stage. What am i missing??

That makes it even worse. If it involves the of ?

wouldnt surprise me mind you but Jesus wept that would be grounds for mutiny for the other members of the league

7 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I wonder if the contractual position is that it must be played at hampden if OF in the tie. I also thought that SPFL was made up of member clubs. So im guessing neither HMFC or AFC have a clue what their organisation is signing up to? or surley this would all have been cleared up well before today. Euro gp qual was weeks ago. Dont beleive anyone cold called Police Scotland this morning to enquire whether it was feasible and got a quick nae bother it can be done. This was surely all known as the likely  outcome from moment QF draw was made and planning in advance stage. What am i missing??

This. If HMFC or Dons knew about the contractual obligation then they would have no grounds for complaint in the first pace ? So ALL clubs, by default, agreed to playing all relevant games at Hampden in perpetuity and **** the fans ? So we can look forward to playing any future semis at Hampden, whether it's us or ICTFC v Dundee ? Incredible.

Big_Hearts_Runner

Any chance of a 'Gorgie Live' beamback?
Was pumped to go to a Hearts semi-final just 24 hours ago but would rather watch at Tyne now.

7 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

I find it hard to blame AB for any of this.

She's no different to any other chairperson in the SPFL ( Apart from the obvious )

We could make a real statement on live tv and not break any rules though.

1. Knock back the tickets.

2. Team of laddies not to try a leg. Humiliating scoreline in a nothing match at a half empty stadium that BT are paying you for anyway. LIVE across the world.

3. Demand our " Contractual " share of the gate . All the semi gates are added then dived by four ( the last time i checked )

4. Have the big team ready for the derby.

5. Beamback to tynie and pocket the cash.

6. Make more money from this than actually winning the Wee Cup

From the Betfred Cup rules - 

Capture.JPG

wattie exploited

this is a ****ing nightmare once again why is everything always in favour of Celtic and Rangers ?????

how are a lot off our fans meant to get parked near the ground and there will be so many young hearts fans that have school the next day so will not be at the game this is a total  joke so '''@ucking  annoyed with this !!!!!!!!!!

so what its on BT big @ucking deal .

100% sure there is going to be loads off trouble with  4 sets of fans in the pubs especially when one of the earlier teams have been beat and hanging around the pubs when  hearts and celtic show up .

this is really so unfair to the hearts and Aberdeen fans once again getting treated like shit   :vangry:

11 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I thought the Hampden deal was between Queens Park and the SFA, how could the SFA bind the SPFL into playing semi-finals, or even finals, at Hampden?  Maybe the SPFL signed up to this arrangement to help the SFA get the deal over the line, possibly in return for a better deal with the SFA for the use of Hampden.

Who knows?  The lack of transparency in Scottish football governance is truly abysmal.

My guess is that this contract predates the SFA purchase but is still binding between the SPFL and Hampden Ltd.

Would love to see the details of the 'contractual obligation' to play the game at Hampden. Given we've seen league cup semis at Easter Road, Fir Park and Tynecastle in recent years, I'm calling bullshit on Doncaster's statement.

brunoatemyhamster
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

From the Betfred Cup rules - 

Capture.JPG

Booooooo.

All right then. First team then. 

But no legs to be tried.Big game the Wednesday after.

Or Even better, five players sent of for abusing  the ref at the start of the game. match abandoned.

Unless they carry over into the league , then scratch that.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

10 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

That's what I reckon too but who signed that agreement on behalf of the SPFL and surely, given that the SPFL is the clubs themselves, did the clubs agree or have prior notice of this? There are definitely more questions to be asked here. Also says here though that the donation was unconditional https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6157437/Lord-Haughey-reveals-Sportsmail-inspired-plan-team-Sir-Tom-Hunter-rescue-Hampden.html

Time for decent sports guys like Spence and English to start rocking the boat. This is reeking, absolutely reeking

Seriously doubt it was really unconditional. 

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Couple of obvious questions.

Does Ann know what these contractual obligations are and if so why can't we be told?

Did Hearts as members of the SPFL agree to these contractual obligations?

To your first question FA, I suspect she was unaware of any contractual obligations, otherwise she would have known there was no possibility that one of the games could be played elsewhere, whereas her statement says she expected the possibility of the games being staged at different venues.  In light of that, the answer to your second question must be no.

I would hope that Ann is now seeking clarification of the so called contractual obligations and questioning why the clubs weren't consulted or even informed of this obligation.

2 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Would love to see the details of the 'contractual obligation' to play the game at Hampden. Given we've seen league cup semis at Easter Road, Fir Park and Tynecastle in recent years, I'm calling bullshit on Doncaster's statement.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was specific to games involving at least one of the Old Firm.

Just now, Hungry hippo said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it was specific to games involving at least one of the Old Firm.

Probably. Haughey spoke with gushing delight about the “Celtic End” and “Rangers End” of Hampden, on the radio the other week.

I’m slowly cooling down after my initial disbelief. This defies every sane human being’s idea of common sense. As others have already said, this stinks of corruption. A dirty deal in the background for sure.

i don’t get the criticism of Ann Budge’s statement. What do people expect her to say? It’s only an official statement And a very good one imho. You can be sure her actual spoken words were much stronger. NO doubt the decision had already been secretly agreed by the Arse Cheeks before Hearts and Aberdeen arrived for the sham pointless meeting. 

Scottish Football is thriving again but its development is going to be stunted by the arseholes who run it.

Edited by SwindonJambo

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This. If HMFC or Dons knew about the contractual obligation then they would have no grounds for complaint in the first pace ? So ALL clubs, by default, agreed to playing all relevant games at Hampden in perpetuity and **** the fans ? So we can look forward to playing any future semis at Hampden, whether it's us or ICTFC v Dundee ? Incredible.

More information required on this “contractual “ thing since, judging by the statements, Aberbdeen and Hearts were both surprised by the decision.  Is it true or just a smokescreen?

I suspect that there is some sort of agreement that any semis involving Sevco or Celtic will be played at Hampden but is there really a written agreement?  Have the SPFL, the club’s been a party to this agreement?  Can we see it?  

Over to you Tom English....

6 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

How are the gate receipts divided amongst the semi-finalists?

Even 4 way split...after all expenses of course...

Still look on the bright side everyone. The bigger and more important picture here... Glasgow remains at “the heart of Scottish Football”. That’s what we all care about surely? Never mind that many of us won’t get to go to a semi final now... as long as Glasgow remains at the heart of Scottish Football, then it’s a result for all of us.

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

More information required on this “contractual “ thing since, judging by the statements, Aberbdeen and Hearts were both surprised by the decision.  Is it true or just a smokescreen?

I suspect that there is some sort of agreement that any semis involving Sevco or Celtic will be played at Hampden but is there really a written agreement?  Have the SPFL, the club’s been a party to this agreement?  Can we see it?  

Over to you Tom English....

I don't believe for one second that AB left that meeting today and didn't know exactly what that agreement is. Time to spill the beans Ann. 

Ridiculous decision but I think that as ever our fans will back the team. In the circumstances my guess is around 10,000 will go through and that would be a very respectable turnout on the night IMO.

20 minutes ago, 1953 said:

The statements from both Hearts and Aberdeen clearly indicate that although all clubs were at the meeting they were told how it was to be by the SPFL who ignored the logical arguments as stated by Mrs B in her statement. It's not a new thing that these decisions favour the Glasgow clubs so I really don't know what people expected Mrs B to do about it. If anybody wants to complain about it, complaints should surely be directed to the SPFL rather than Hearts.

I don't know if I'll now be going or not. I drive to games and live in the borders so allowing for extra time etc would get home after 1.00am. 

This indicates that Doncaster was clearly lying in his televised statement 

if this is the case surely his position becomes untenable 

Farry got shafted when he was caught lying

39 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Passions running high and understandably so but take a step away from the keyboard for a minute and read that back will you?

Ok resign NOW!!!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

That statement is all fluff, really. Expresses surprise and not much else. If this kind of decision isn't worthy of a boycott, or, at the very least a major demonstration, then I can't think what would be. Absolutely no concern at all for the fans of Aberdeen and Hearts. The cynic in me knows nothing will happen though. 8,000 of us will trudge through there and we'll just wait for the next shafting. One of the problems with Scottish fans is that we have no sense of shared fanhood. We see fans of other teams as enemies. We should be coordinating with Aberdeen to show our disdain for this. Can you imagine fans in Germany putting up with this silently? ?

Just now, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

That statement is all fluff, really. Expresses surprise and not much else. If this kind of decision isn't worthy of a boycott, or, at the very least a major demonstration, then I can't think what would be. Absolutely no concern at all for the fans of Aberdeen and Hearts. The cynic in me knows nothing will happen though. 8,000 of us will trudge through there and we'll just wait for the next shafting. One of the problems with Scottish fans is that we have no sense of shared fanhood. We see fans of other teams as enemies. We should be coordinating with Aberdeen to show our disdain for this. Can you imagine fans in Germany putting up with this silently? ?

Hearts & Dons to have a media boycott of the game, no pressers, no interviews, call on sponsors & broadcasters to step in. Minimal inconvenience to the clubs and a lot of bad press on TV.  Turn the spotlight on Doncaster and his "agreement".  If this isn't worth making a stand over, what is ?

Graham Thomson

Just wondering after today's disgraceful decision to hold both games on the same day at the same venue, how many Hearts fans will still be able to go, or still want to go. 

I'm in the can't go category. 

2 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

To be fair, it's not just fans of Aberdeen and Hearts who are unhappy / perplexed by this decision.  A lot of Rangers and Celtic fans also not happy, large swathes of their support travel from all over Scotland and beyond the Irish Sea.

It is a shit decision for Aberdeen fans, it is a shit decision for Hearts fans, there are lots of OF fans who get the ferries over from NI and although I have less sympathy for them, it is a shit decision for them too. 

Shit decisions made by ****ing inept board members with a complete disregard for the lifeblood of our game - the fans.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

To be fair, it's not just fans of Aberdeen and Hearts who are unhappy / perplexed by this decision.  A lot of Rangers and Celtic fans also not happy, large swathes of their support travel from all over Scotland and beyond the Irish Sea.

That's true. Good point. 

2 hours ago, Chaka Demus & pliers said:

Suspect the contractual obligation to play at Hampden only applies to 2 clubs.

I fully understand the commercial appeal of the OF but you can’t go signing up to deals featuring special and separate provisions or conditions for two teams and not expect that to have a problematic impact on decision-making and fairness to  other clubs further down the line. It’s so short-sighted and grabby. I’d call it naive but I don’t think it’s a case of them not considering the repercussions, I reckon they just couldn’t care less. Sod everybody else, but keep the weedgies happy and keep the money rolling in. ?

56 minutes ago, luckydug said:

There has been some amount of piss and wind on this thread but your post is the Champion.

Congratulations ?

What time would we expect to get home from a midweek game at Plymouth ?

Probably about just after midnight, it’s not too far driving (and I’ve actually done it!!)!! BUT I can’t see the FA OR EFL ever playing a semi final at 7:45pm on a Sunday! But if they ever did and it was at Wembley I’d just get the train!! What about you ????

brunoatemyhamster

Not having a go at anyone , and i get the sentiment , but you do realize that this " Aw well .Lets all just buckle down and go and get on with it and do what were told and go and support the team no matter what " chat is the very reason things like this keep happening ?

If Celtic and Ranger did it would they listen ? 

Do you think Celtic and The Rangers fans wouldn't if the boot was on the other foot ?

Why should we , or Aberdeen or anyone be any different ?

There's a time and a place for everything. This is the perfect time and place for this.

**** them! **** their rigged game!

If anyone outside the Old Firm had any doubt then this last few weeks should have opened the final eyes.

We'd get huge support from every like minded fan in the country, THE MAJORITY of scottish football fan. Who knows what might happen. Could it be worse than this ?

Im sure the players would understand.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

5 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

Just wondering after today's disgraceful decision to hold both games on the same day at the same venue, how many Hearts fans will still be able to go, or still want to go. 

I'm in the can't go category. 

Means I won't get home until 4.00 am ,assuming it goes just the 90 mins. There's a few of us down here. Just not feasible. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
3 minutes ago, redm said:

I fully understand the commercial appeal of the OF but you can’t go signing up to deals featuring special and separate provisions or conditions for two teams and not expect that to have a problematic impact on decision-making and fairness to  other clubs further down the line. It’s so short-sighted and grabby. I’d call it naive but I don’t think it’s a case of them not considering the repercussions, I reckon they just couldn’t care less. Sod everybody else, but keep the weedgies happy and keep the money rolling in. ?

Basically described everything that happened in 2012. It reeks of contracts all over the place that tie our game into the OF rivalry. 

Jambo, Goodbye
18 minutes ago, RobNox said:

SIGNED.

I wonder how much it would cost to have it advertised on the electronic board at Tynie this Saturday? 

Having now read both statements I say well done, Ann, on having the guts to put her name to hers.

Aberdeen’s AFC spokesperson could have been a decent post  ripped of a fans forum.

Fwiw, my solution if they had to have both games at Hamdump, would be to put back Hearts v Celtic til the Monday night and put back their next two fixtures (Hearts v Hibs and Dundee v Celtic midweek then Celtic v Hearts the following weekend) by 24hrs. 

Not ideal but 5-6 weeks notice for a 24hr shift is quite generous by TV standards. There won’t be any football to contend with in the BT schedule on the Thursday so they could still show both midweek games and have the Brucey Bonus of a huge Monday game.

1 minute ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Matt Busby said Football is nothing without the fans 

Scottish Football is nothing now

Melodrama. It is a crazy decision but football will still be played. And hopefully we will win the match and win the cup. I still plan to attend, regardless how difficult they make it to do so. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Melodrama. It is a crazy decision but football will still be played. And hopefully we will win the match and win the cup. I still plan to attend, regardless how difficult they make it to do so. 

Well *** lucky you. Difficult for you, for some of us is its actually impossible .

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Thats you though Dave your an experienced campaigner? , many fans travel a great distance for a semi final and with family for a day out. The whole feeling of euphoria of getting there is gone now , for some it wont return as attending is no longer an option. Hence the melodrama. The statements make it clear it was not agreed as per the leagues statement but imposed and strongly disagreed with on many grounds. The ridicule fans of all teams including the OF have given it is very telling

1 minute ago, Fort Vallance said:

Well *** lucky you. Difficult for you, for some of us is its actually impossible .

And no-one should go because you can’t? It’s a screw up but I still plan to go to suppport the team.