John McGlynn ..... New Falkirk manager ( updated )

Chambie15

McGlynn The Money
1 minute ago, Hansel said:

Yeah, wasn't he the gaffer that played Gowser as an attacking midfielder?

It's a no from me

Unless you're joking, in which case...........

lol

He was indeed!

I never joke about John McGlynn...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• McGlynn The Money

• Sooks

• Unknown user

18 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

The way we treated him was a sin,

is it time to bring home John McGlynn?

By all accounts an excellent coach, but not a top level manager. 

If we canned Robbies team, I'd take McGlynn as one of the coaches. 

weegie jambo
25 minutes ago, OTT said:

By all accounts an excellent coach, but not a top level manager. 

If we canned Robbies team, I'd take McGlynn as one of the coaches. 

I post this idea on facebook, Naismith as the main man with McGlynn as the wise old backup guy.

5 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

I post this idea on facebook, Naismith as the main man with McGlynn as the wise old backup guy.

Yeah, I like the idea of Naisy involved in our first team. I think its a waste him coaching the B Team - maybe good for his own development, but can't help but feel an assistant coach for Scotland, should be an assistant coach for our first team, not pissing about in the lowland league. 

You probably already have the makings of a coaching team in Frankie McAvoy & Naismith. If we could bring McGlynn back into the club, I'd 100% back that, either as a first team coach, or even taking our B team. 

weegie jambo
Just now, OTT said:

Yeah, I like the idea of Naisy involved in our first team. I think its a waste him coaching the B Team - maybe good for his own development, but can't help but feel an assistant coach for Scotland, should be an assistant coach for our first team, not pissing about in the lowland league. 

You probably already have the makings of a coaching team in Frankie McAvoy & Naismith. If we could bring McGlynn back into the club, I'd 100% back that, either as a first team coach, or even taking our B team. 

It all sounds great in theory but of course getting the board to act is another thing altogether. I'm amazed that business people like Budge can't see the damage Neilson is doing to their investment and alienating the fans who are the clubs bread and butter. Anyone with any business sense would act now, it's gone on too long.

Gorgierools

Naismith, McAvoy and Mcglyn. Not international superstars but 3 guys that know the league were in. Gets my vote.

Just now, Gorgierools said:

Naismith, McAvoy and Mcglyn. Not international superstars but 3 guys that know the league were in. Gets my vote.

Robbie knows the league too and look how is working out. If we are to replace Robbie then we need to look further than those 3

Just now, weegie jambo said:

It all sounds great in theory but of course getting the board to act is another thing altogether. I'm amazed that business people like Budge can't see the damage Neilson is doing to their investment and alienating the fans who are the clubs bread and butter. Anyone with any business sense would act now, it's gone on too long.

Completely agree. Would also add that I don't think we necessarily need to make Naismith head coach, but very clearly he's got more potential than his current position. Clarke doesn't have him around the national set up for nothing. 

I quite like the idea of Tam Courts, led United to 4th in his first season finishing behind us last year. From what I remember United were extremely disappointed to lose him and I think he could probably work with the existing squad, so that in the summer we're not looking at Cathro unpicking of Robbies squad - These clear the decks style of appointments are too disruptive and we don't currently have a bad squad, just a poorly coached one. 

Just now, GBJambo said:

Robbie knows the league too and look how is working out. If we are to replace Robbie then we need to look further than those 3

I'm really not so sure, I think there is a lot of value in understanding Scottish football. There are far too many football people with little respect for our league and assume they can just saunter in and start winning. Stendel didn't get it, Paulo didn't do well domestically, the Juve boy at Kilmarnock was chased out. 

I think what we need to look at is can we bring in a Scottish manager that can put professional demands on the squad. Can they drive fitness & diet, can they coach a style of play that suits the end of the market we shop in? - IMO Robbie is trying to coach a style of play that is too complicated for the ability of the players we have. Otherwise, we'd have looked convincing at some point this season. Fact is we've not. Even in games we've won heavily, the scoreline has flattered - Aberdeen 5-0 game, despite the scoreline Aberdeen threatened well and were unlucky early doors IIRC. Likewise, Hibs in the Scottish cup did everything bar score. A good coach works with what they have, not what they wish they had and I think having someone that can come in and get us playing a fairly simple style of football really well would do extremely well as a result. 

Gorgierools
2 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Ok, but which one of them would you say has failed in their current role within the Scottish system? 

At this precise moment I want solidification and small steps forward. We're currently regressing,at pace. Some solid performances could get us back to 3rd then let's look to consolidate next year. If we're still third after then,then that's the time to get more adventurous. After 3 or 4 years cash accumulation.

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Not for an interim appointment we don’t.  I think most of us would take almost anyone for the last 7 games rather than keep the status quo. 

ford donald
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not for an interim appointment we don’t.  I think most of us would take almost anyone for the last 7 games rather than keep the status quo. 

Agreed.

weegie jambo
16 minutes ago, OTT said:

Completely agree. Would also add that I don't think we necessarily need to make Naismith head coach, but very clearly he's got more potential than his current position. Clarke doesn't have him around the national set up for nothing. 

I quite like the idea of Tam Courts, led United to 4th in his first season finishing behind us last year. From what I remember United were extremely disappointed to lose him and I think he could probably work with the existing squad, so that in the summer we're not looking at Cathro unpicking of Robbies squad - These clear the decks style of appointments are too disruptive and we don't currently have a bad squad, just a poorly coached one. 

Completely agree, it's not a bad squad and we have had some fine performances this season so no need to ditch everyone. There are a few players who would be moving on next season anyhow but i'm sure SN could get better results from our current squad. And remember we still have Beni, Halkett & Boyce to return.

Gorgierools
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Surely between Naismith and McVoy, and without taking McGlyn from Falkirk,we would have enough to sort out these last 7 matches with at least a bit of fight!

6 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Completely agree, it's not a bad squad and we have had some fine performances this season so no need to ditch everyone. There are a few players who would be moving on next season anyhow but i'm sure SN could get better results from our current squad. And remember we still have Beni, Halkett & Boyce to return.

Yeah, I think at least on an interim basis, if Neilson loses the derby then Naismith & McEvoy should take over to the end of the season. We've lost too many games now and I think 3rd is going to be an impossible task if we don't win the derby. 

Then in the summer we can take stock and figure out the successor. If Naismith/McEvoy pull a Barry Robson and do brilliantly then they've got the job, if not then we can see who we can get in to revive our fortunes next year. 

I'm actually so gutted. Sewing up 3rd twice on the bounce would have been a brilliant achievement and despite weathering the storm of the start to the season and juggling Europe and the league, we've ****ed it at a stage where it was completely in our own hands. Its genuinely so disheartening. Savage, Neilson and the players should be embarrassed and ashamed. 

The Ultimate Worrier
38 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Put it in the bin,

it’s no to John Mc Glynn. 😏

If you think McGlynn's shite, 

should we hire Tommy Wright?

10 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

If you think McGlynn's shite, 

should we hire Tommy Wright?

Tommy Wright?

that cannae be right,

or very bright.

ViewfromtheEast

Straight up and not trying to be funny but if I owned Hibs or Hearts, I'd ask McGlynn to take over the youth set up. He's a cracking coach, brilliant with young players and his time with Rodgers at Celtic improved his ideas. His teams play excellent football, relative to budget, and he's a good guy by all accounts. 

• 2 weeks later...
The Ultimate Worrier
On 09/04/2023 at 17:00, ViewfromtheEast said:

Straight up and not trying to be funny but if I owned Hibs or Hearts, I'd ask McGlynn to take over the youth set up. He's a cracking coach, brilliant with young players and his time with Rodgers at Celtic improved his ideas. His teams play excellent football, relative to budget, and he's a good guy by all accounts. 

That's true.

If we do bottle 3rd, then I'd love nothing more than to see our old pal McGlynn win the Scottish Cup. Or Caley Thistle for that matter. Imagine one of them getting group stage football. :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...