John McGlynn ..... New Falkirk manager ( updated )

Chambie15

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• McGlynn The Money

• Sooks

• weegie jambo

letsalldothebeattie

Good luck to him. A good manager at the lower level think he is the right guy to get them back into the championship. All the best John

Always thought he handled himself well despite the circus going on around him.

good luck to him.

Edited by Mysterion

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, Mysterion said:

Always thought he handled himself well despite the circus going on around him.

good luck to him.

Very true 

4 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Wish him all the best! Been a while since we seen the suit, shirt, tie and baseball cap combo ? 

My abiding memories of him are that outfit, and him trying to turn Ryan McGowan into a number 10.

Levein always spokenreally highly of him. Supposed to be a good coach. Didn’t cut the mustard at Hearts, but wasn’t the first and won’t be the last.

Just now, Manny1874 said:

My abiding memories of him are that outfit, and him trying to turn Ryan McGowan into a number 10.

I prefer to remember him being bold enough to play a young right back none of us had heard of, Callum Paterson, and getting a draw at anfield.

John wasn't the greatest hearts manager ever but there were still positives. 

1 minute ago, JALBO said:

I've seen him around Hearts on matchdays on numerous occasions. Did he retain any official connection with us - or is he just a supporter?

He's chief scout for Celtic IIRC, he'll likely be there on official business

59 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Good luck to him 

This. Did his best for us. Never understood the hate fest. We've had a lot worse...!

31 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Wish him all the best! Been a while since we seen the suit, shirt, tie and baseball cap combo ? 

And the trakkie bottoms

Joined us at a fairly desperate time. Conducted himself with dignity. Didn't oversee the calamitous stuff that we witnessed thereafter under Locke. I've always suspected League Cup Final outcome might have been different had that ludicrous change not been made. 

1 hour ago, Manny1874 said:

Harsh. Think he tried it once in a friendly and signs were good. Tried it an early competitive match and it was a disaster and was never tried again. 

Should be remembered positively for drawing at Anfield and getting an extremely average team to a LC Final. Negative recollections are his derby record, although how we never won the Tynecastle 0-0 by about 3 is anyone’s guess. It just wasn’t to be for him against that lot.

Good luck to him. 

Edited by Shaggy2

We_are_the_Hearts

Joined us at a desperate time and got us to a Cup final and a draw at Anfield. Also gave PAterson his breakthrough

Edited by We_are_the_Hearts

Accentuate the positive folks. He served well in various roles, but people want to comment on his clothes.

Give us a break. All the best to an honest, hard-working,  respected pro.

Nice guy who I met when Raith were scouting Tasboy #2.  However I do feel that he is a better coach than a manager.

A good coach, but as number one, less so. 

However, he was often picked on because of how he looked, and not how he done. 

Edited by Paolo

I am not correct in saying that he has massive amounts of respect within the game? I think hearts threw him under the bus and the way the fans turned on him was a discrace. The insults was unnecessary. 

Good luck JM

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I am not correct in saying that he has massive amounts of respect within the game? I think hearts threw him under the bus and the way the fans turned on him was a discrace. The insults was unnecessary. 

Good luck JM

He has.   A lot of people rate him as a coach, and he is well regarded. 

Did surprisingly well as the club burned all around him when he was our manager. 

Some people unfairly criticise him given the circumstances he was forced to operate under. 

Good luck to him :)

Won't surprise me to see some of our young lads go there on loan in January now.

Good coach who's respected amongst young players particularly. 

33 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You sure??

It was a guess. Based on he was the cheap option that's popular with the fans. The owner isn't that popular the now after spending  £1M on the pitch and floodlights when the playing squad is threadbare the owner needs to win people around.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, jambos are go! said:

Big Janny rated him the best coach he ever played under and he played under Mourhino. 

Good tactician but not a great motivator from what I saw of him. Could be a good choice though, did well there before

Good coach. Could be a great appointment. Goes back to Rovers with a broader experience and a greater contact book within the game.

Good luck to him

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

I prefer to remember him being bold enough to play a young right back none of us had heard of, Callum Paterson, and getting a draw at anfield.

This.  

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

:spoton:

He would have win the LC imo.

Although I still think he was rightfully sacked, just Locke wasn't the right choice either ( and a cup final that early wasn't fair on GL)

32 minutes ago, Glottis said:

He would have win the LC imo.

Although I still think he was rightfully sacked, just Locke wasn't the right choice either ( and a cup final that early wasn't fair on GL)

I've held that belief for a long time. We really should have won back to back League Cups in 12/13 and 13/14 imo. 

McGlynn's team, while not the best, would never have shipped 3 goals to St Midden. Then, giving Locke the job permanently on the eve of the cup final (or pretty close to iirc) was just setting it all up to fail badly!

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to John McGlynn ..... New Falkirk manager ( updated )