Livingston Dot Count

scott herbertson

22 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I suspect it's unlikely tomorrow given the high sales. I think it's very likely that all tickets will need to be purchased at the ticket office, but it's open right up until kick-off so almost as good as a cash gate. Could be lengthy queues though.

L still not open , so loads of possibilities left 

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JALBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• scott herbertson

• mainstandjambo

Shanks said no

470BC

Greece
Suspected of plotting to seize power in Sparta by instigating a helot uprising, Pausanias takes refuge in the Temple of Athena of the Brazen House to escape arrest. The sanctuary is respected, but the Spartans wall in the sanctuary and starve Pausanias to death.

18 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

470BC

Greece
Suspected of plotting to seize power in Sparta by instigating a helot uprising, Pausanias takes refuge in the Temple of Athena of the Brazen House to escape arrest. The sanctuary is respected, but the Spartans wall in the sanctuary and starve Pausanias to death.

Then the Spartans were found to have fielded an ineligibly registered soldier, and the result was overturned.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Then the Spartans were found to have fielded an ineligibly registered soldier, and the result was overturned.

They then returned to Ainslie Park to regroup and plan their next encounter. ^_^

2 hours ago, RobNox said:

The modern day equivalent of tripping up in the kitchen while emptying the dishwasher and falling onto an upturned kitchen knife.  

Surely it's the olden days equivalent of the dishwasher incident???

7 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Surely it's the olden days equivalent of the dishwasher incident???

Yes, that's what I meant to say

:facepalm:

Do we have the most interesting and informed way of counting ticket sales of any football club anywhere?

Where else can you go from Greeks fighting Spartans to falling on kitchen knives in a dishwasher just to get tickets sold numbers?

Just saw a Livi fan on Pie and Bovril say they were only 60 short of their allocation of around 500 tickets

That post was 15 hours ago so should be a sold out away end come 3pm today

Edited by larbert_jambo

16 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We'd be able to afford that also if given even a fraction of tv money down south 

Exactly.

I'm sure I read the other day that clubs in the English Prem don't rely on ST or ticket sales money anymore because prize money is so big.

The game down there is well.and truly broken.

9 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Exactly.

I'm sure I read the other day that clubs in the English Prem don't rely on ST or ticket sales money anymore because prize money is so big.

Yeah there was stat came out a month or so ago that clubs in the EPL could get by without any fans at the games. Crazy! 

10 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Exactly.

Yep there was an article that showed some clubs could play in empty stadiums and still make a profit 

Just now, larbert_jambo said:

Yeah there was stat came out a month or so ago that clubs in the EPL could get by without any fans at the games. Crazy! 

Beat me to it LJ lol

46 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

Just saw a Livi fan on Pie and Bovril say they were only 60 short of their allocation of around 500 tickets

That post was 15 hours ago so should be a sold out away end come 3pm today

Great opportunity then to go robbing in Livi if half the houses are empty. Mind you, it’s Livi, what’s worth taking?

10 minutes ago, JALBO said:

'morning folks...

dc-22-9-18-8am.thumb.jpg.41e0751bcbb6c0d0112a8096c0470158.jpg

456, Maybe early hibby spoon burners?

th?id=OIP.D9GQ_bf8awDq2o-DweomHgHaHC&w=8
The 456 (pronounced "four-five-six") was an alien race that negotiated secretly with the British government in 1965, and again in 2009. This designation was given to them by humans based on the radio wavelength they used, and they took on the name as their own in their dealings with humans rather than offering the actual name of their species, if any ever existed. As they later revealed, they were drug addicts

47 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Gate will be intersting, surprised how low the stmirren gate was.. Didnt seem like 2200 empty seats 

Agree. No way there was as many empty seats.

Mr Mercer was good at that as well ?

Selkirkhmfc1874
30 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Didn't think so at the game but when watched re run on BBC alba you could see plenty empty seats 

50 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I disagree. One in ten seats empty is about right. The official attendance was correct

Just now, JALBO said:

L now open.

JALBO, do you ever go back at look at the difference between late counts and the official attendance? Do you know roughly how many walk ups we usually get for games like these?

For a game like today what is the maximum attendance possible? Given the segregation we have to put in place and assuming the away team sells out their allocation?

10 hours ago, RobNox said:

The modern day equivalent of tripping up in the kitchen while emptying the dishwasher and falling onto an upturned kitchen knife.  

An early Hibsed it then.

mainstandjambo
4 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

For a game like today what is the maximum attendance possible? Given the segregation we have to put in place and assuming the away team sells out their allocation?

For today there are around 350 seats not available in L plus possibly another 250 in M if Livi were given an allocation of 500. 

Shanks said no

Year 456 AD

The Visigoths under King Theodoric II, acting on orders of Avitus, invade Spain with an army of Burgundians, Franks and Goths, led by their kings Chilperic I and Gondioc. They defeat the Suebi under King Rechiar on the river Urbicus, near Astorga (Gallaecia); this shatters the power of the Suebi. During the battle Rechiar is captured and later executed.

pettigrewsstylist
8 minutes ago, JALBO said:

And more in H.

I think we're finding that we know very little about how the ticket office release seats for sale these days.

Trying to get rid of singles first or stewarding cost savings...no idea really, just guessing, i might add

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Trying to get rid of singles first or stewarding cost savings...no idea really, just guessing, i might add

The good news is we're ahead of sales compared to the St Mirren game. We're selling more of the X hospitality seats to regular punters, the first row of Upper H which was empty last time, we've already sold the T wing section seats, and we only had about 20 in L last time round.We'll almost certainly have a bigger attendance by several hundred.

Shanks said no

Year 843

King Kenneth I (Cináed mac Ailpín) of the Scots also becomes king of the Picts; he is crowned (by the Stone of Destiny), as first monarch of the new nation of Scotland. The Alpin Dynasty of Scottish kings begins to reign.

I've got tickets from the Roseburn first time I've sat in there for ages. 

Will we get in at the Gorgie end or need to come round to the Wheatfield? 

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

I've got tickets from the Roseburn first time I've sat in there for ages. 

Will we get in at the Gorgie end or need to come round to the Wheatfield? 

Yes 

53 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

For today there are around 350 seats not available in L plus possibly another 250 in M if Livi were given an allocation of 500. 

So in theory we could have a maximum of just over 19,000 for this type of match.

Won't be long until someone come along with the "filling in the corners" line.

Love being a Jambo.