Levein home again.( merged )

Heartsofgold

1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

Medic 1 doesn’t get NHS funding because they have never been able to show any evidence that it improves outcomes. Operating in car parks is macho as all hell, but not necessarily a better option than actually taking the patient to hospital.

There are a couple of situations where this sort of thing really is justified, but not as many as you might think.

Without wishing to derail the thread...

Theres probably a decent number of people still walking around who may disagree with your assessment, but I do get your point. But as you point out, the very small number of cases where it does intervene it CAN make that difference. Its not about trying to fix a gravely injured person at the roadside, it's about keeping them alive long enough to get to a hospital where it can be done properly.

1 hour ago, Husky said:

I was not aware medic 1 was still in existence as all the ambulances 

have at least one paramedic 

It doesn't carry 'paramedics' as such. The on-call team typically consists of an emergency medicine consultant, a doctor, an anesthesiologist and one or more senior intensive care nurses. The general jist is that if Mohammed can't get to the ICU, you take the ICU to Mohammed.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• It should have been ten

• Morgan

• Jammy T

9 minutes ago, trotter said:

It doesn't carry 'paramedics' as such. The on-call team typically consists of an emergency medicine consultant, a doctor, an anesthesiologist and one or more senior intensive care nurses. The general jist is that if Mohammed can't get to the ICU, you take the ICU to Mohammed.

Bloody foreigners coming over here and .......... oh wait, it was an analogy wasn't it?  The Mohammed and the mountain thing.

Just now, graygo said:

Bloody foreigners coming over here and .......... oh wait, it was an analogy wasn't it?  The Mohammed and the mountain thing.

:)

42 minutes ago, sadj said:

My dads usually out within a couple days of stents being put in. Just have to ease back into things id think. Least going by his experiences. All depends my friend had 3heart attacks at 21 and she wears a pacemaker type thing that can shock her heart back going again if she has problems and shes a constant  seshimal cokehead , pisshead and is always working or out and has no problems.

Not being funny mate as this is a terribly serous subject but, what is a seshimal cokehead?

1 hour ago, trotter said:

Without wishing to derail the thread...

Theres probably a decent number of people still walking around who may disagree with your assessment, but I do get your point. But as you point out, the very small number of cases where it does intervene it CAN make that difference. Its not about trying to fix a gravely injured person at the roadside, it's about keeping them alive long enough to get to a hospital where it can be done properly.

I’m not actually passing comment on the service itself - merely making an observation that I am reasonably certain is accurate. If they could show an evidence base, the NHS would fund it.

Consultant-led prehospital services have been growing steadily in recent years, but have consistently failed to demonstrate any actual survival benefit. There was a great deal of excitement a few years ago when one study from Norway did show improved survival, but I don’t think there have been other studies to back this up.

Off topic though.

EDIT: I don’t doubt that there are a number of high profile cases where the service has made a big difference, but the odd case doesn’t translate to a statistically significant benefit, and that’s what counts when it comes to funding priorities.

Edited by Doc Rob

31 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Not being funny mate as this is a terribly serous subject but, what is a seshimal cokehead?

She likes to go out on the sesh (partying) seshimal (party animal) cokehead - white powder loving nutjob

Edited by sadj

Shanks said no
Just now, sadj said:

She like to go out on the sesh (partying) seshimal (party animal) cokehead - white powder loving nutjob

Well Morgan and I have learnt something new tonight

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Down wi the kids me likesay ?? 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

She like to go out on the sesh (partying) seshimal (party animal) cokehead - white powder loving nutjob

you got her number?

Just now, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

you got her number?

Of course ? pretty too , and cracking fake breasticles too ?? Stop derailing the thread before I get into trouble. 

To right the carriages on the thread train

Long and short is with medicine as it is nowadays fingers crossed that CL will recover fully and have no lasting effects of it if thats what happened.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Of course ? pretty too , and cracking fake breasticles too ?? Stop derailing the thread before I get into trouble. 

With a weak heart you better guide it up past it.... copyright Billy Connolly...

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Shes only 21 her body can cope for now, in 10 years time it’ll be a different story..... someone should have a word! Anyway Dad chat over.

Just now, Rudy T said:

Shes only 21 her body can cope for now, in 10 years time it’ll be a different story..... someone should have a word! Anyway Dad chat over.

Shes mid to late Twenty’s now. She’s something else. Whole point was that with her electronic heart thingy shes probably safer from normal ailments than most of us ironically enough. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Pics or it never happened ? 

the Hearts way

On topic.....

Third time I've now mentioned the app 'mycamview' for the match on Saturday so the boss can watch the game and be heard from upto 4 cameras, via his phone. 

HHGH.  Get well soon CL. ??? ps

5-1 win  .. or our  whole team oot and replaced before the windae slams shut..  HHGH.  

Am I doing this right ?. 

Screenshot_20180812-101458_Twitter.jpg

Edited by the Hearts way
Ask the clique!

2 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Pics or it never happened ? 

PM me , i am not getting thread banned on a sensitive thread because of you bunch of pervs

Edited by sadj

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, sadj said:

Fake breests :nono:

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, Morgan said:

Dunno but if anyone has her number...

53 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Fake breests :nono:

Know what Im not usually a fan long as the nipple game is strong Im not fussed on sizes , fakees are just good for drumming a beat on ? but its kind of a standard thing in the fitness world and three of my past four “friends” have had and the one here (who is not one of the aforementioned four) got them because of confidence issues after her Heart ops and unless you knew her previous you’d prob not realise so get off the breasts and on topic. 

See how I managed to get the health issue in there to dtay on topic ??

Edited by sadj

2 hours ago, barcajambo said:

From what I heard he has a stent replaced on Monday after feeling a bit unwell, nothing too major and should be back soon.

That sounds like awesome news ??

It should have been ten
6 hours ago, sadj said:

Know what Im not usually a fan long as the nipple game is strong Im not fussed on sizes , fakees are just good for drumming a beat on ? but its kind of a standard thing in the fitness world and three of my past four “friends” have had and the one here (who is not one of the aforementioned four) got them because of confidence issues after her Heart ops and unless you knew her previous you’d prob not realise so get off the breasts and on topic. 

See how I managed to get the health issue in there to dtay on topic ??

Haha yes it was duly noted, well played sir :thumb:

After reading all the comments on here, I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only guy above the age of 50 on Kickback who hasn't had a stent put in or had some other type of heart issue! ;) On the other hand, it's great to see that modern medicine is well up to the task if I do.

Touching wood as I type... (no Kenneth Williams emojis please)

Hopefully we hear from Ann today.

I expect a statement sometime soon saying:

- I’ve been to see Craig, he’s in good spirits and desperate to get back but we won’t allow him to rush. He’ll be taken care of by the club and his family, but he’s OK and the prognosis is for a good recovery. He may have a few matches in the stand before going back to the dugout.

- We have full confident in Austin and the rest of the coaching team, he’ll do a great job and the players are all pulling in the same direction and are desperate to get a win on Saturday for the gaffer. 

- We’ve already resigned Demi Mitchell and the admin team at the club are fully aware of Craig’s plans for the last few days of the transfer window and will try to meet his objectives as best we can. Craig is not required to be in the room when we sign players so that part of the business is not affected. 

- Buy tickets for Saturday. Let’s sell out Tynecastle and give the team the backing they deserve!

That’s the message I would put out and Ann’s statements are usually spot on!

Edited by BigC

It should have been ten
14 minutes ago, redjambo said:

After reading all the comments on here, I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only guy above the age of 50 on Kickback who hasn't had a stent put in or had some other type of heart issue! ;) On the other hand, it's great to see that modern medicine is well up to the task if I do.

401BD43F-5AD8-4F3E-BC4A-35FA20569139.jpeg.08b6c28eaeaf679ecebbcfb2eac439e2.jpeg

John Findlay
14 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'm 55 and touch wood never had anything wrong with my heart. Apart from stitches, broken left ankle aged 15 and one nose operation. I have to date never had anything life threatening. Very lucky man health wise. 

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Don't worry dude I am like you, so that will be 2 of us then. Slightly difficult to type with one hand on my head though.

Make that 3

Edited by 7628mm

14 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Don't worry dude I am like you, so that will be 2 of us then. Slightly difficult to type with one hand on my head though.

Make that 3

Me too. I'm 64 and have never been in hospital. The only bone broken was a finger aged 12. Never ill. Probably drop deed the morn now for my cockiness. Oh well.

13 hours ago, sadj said:

She likes to go out on the sesh (partying) seshimal (party animal) cokehead - white powder loving nutjob

Ta! :thumbsup:

Every day is a school day.

13 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Indeed Frenchie!  Sort of wish I’d never asked! :) 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 hours ago, sadj said:

Shes mid to late Twenty’s now. She’s something else. Whole point was that with her electronic heart thingy shes probably safer from normal ailments than most of us ironically enough. 

You might have invited her down! The ticket turned up, in a truth is stranger than fiction moment

Lord Beni of Gorgie
40 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

Me too. I'm 64 and have never been in hospital. The only bone broken was a finger aged 12. Never ill. Probably drop deed the morn now for my cockiness. Oh well.

th.jpg

Edited by Sir Gio

2 hours ago, BigC said:

Hopefully we hear from Ann today.

I expect a statement sometime soon saying:

- I’ve been to see Craig, he’s in good spirits and desperate to get back but we won’t allow him to rush. He’ll be taken care of by the club and his family, but he’s OK and the prognosis is for a good recovery. He may have a few matches in the stand before going back to the dugout.

- We have full confident in Austin and the rest of the coaching team, he’ll do a great job and the players are all pulling in the same direction and are desperate to get a win on Saturday for the gaffer. 

- We’ve already resigned Demi Mitchell and the admin team at the club are fully aware of Craig’s plans for the last few days of the transfer window and will try to meet his objectives as best we can. Craig is not required to be in the room when we sign players so that part of the business is not affected. 

- Buy tickets for Saturday. Let’s sell out Tynecastle and give the team the backing they deserve!

That’s the message I would put out and Ann’s statements are usually spot on!

Not enough quotation marks.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

You’re a cruel man :)

Bloody good though.

Very funny indeed. I think I'll hibernate (No pun intended) early.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

You might have invited her down! The ticket turned up, in a truth is stranger than fiction moment

Haha where on earth did it turn up? The car was turned upside down ? she was at Enjoy if that helps ?

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

06969 069 069

If I remember my old school calculators correctly, surely 05318 008618? 

Edited by Normthebarman

40 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

Very funny indeed. I think I'll hibernate (No pun intended) early.

Better safe than sorry TJ.

Take care :) 

33 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

If I remember my old school calculators correctly, surely 05318 008618

I’ve tried to work that one out Norm but alas, no success.

Midloth_Iain
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

I’ve tried to work that one out Norm but alas, no success.

5318008  618

turn your head upside down ?

2 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

5318008  618

turn your head upside down ?

Hurt my neck but still not seeing it.  :sad:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
48 minutes ago, sadj said:

Haha where on earth did it turn up? The car was turned upside down ? she was at Enjoy if that helps ?

There must be something magnetic in the ticket. Literally stuck to the driver door lower compartment. Rustling for a sweet it came loose. Must have ran my hand over the ticket a dozen times or more  :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Right in front of your eyes a pair of them

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Right in front of your eyes a pair of them

I just know I’m going to get pelters for this, but can’t see it at all.

Bet it’s bloody obvious too..

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

I just know I’m going to get pelters for this, but can’t see it at all.

Bet it’s bloody obvious too..

Your not going to be happy!

Whitburn Hearts
10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

( . ) ( . )

21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Your not going to be happy!

21 minutes ago, Whitburn Hearts said:

( . ) ( . )

:rolleyes2:

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Levein taken to hospital, but home again.