Levein home again.( merged )

Heartsofgold

5 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Levein gave 0% at Dens, as he wasn't there that day. That was the point of the (completely ludicrous) Mackay rumour. As if someone like Levein (or anyone for that matter) would miss out on the greatest game of their club career through choice.

If I remember rightly a good few of the squad were struck down by some bug that day.

Edited by BelgeJambo

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• It should have been ten

• Morgan

• Jammy T

17 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

If I remember rightly a good few of the squad were struck down by some bug that day.

Yes, a few players caught a virus. It’s also a fact that viruses affect people differently from individual to individual, and that they won’t have all caught the virus on the same day, so their point of recovery will have been different from individual to individual too.

This isn’t good enough for Dr MacKay however, and he even manages to have a dig about it in his badly written autobiography. :facepalm:

13 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I'm pleased to announce that Jambos Kickback has made a £300 donation to Scottish Ambulance Services on behalf of Craig Levein.

Thank you to all our Paid Members, whose generosity make such charitable donations possible.  :bravo:

Bravo indeed folks. Fantastic

21 minutes ago, Bez said:

Yes, a few players caught a virus. It’s also a fact that viruses affect people differently from individual to individual, and that they won’t have all caught the virus on the same day, so their point of recovery will have been different from individual to individual too.

This isn’t good enough for Dr MacKay however, and he even manages to have a dig about it in his badly written autobiography. :facepalm:

Black, Berry and Colquhoun fell ill first, then Whittaker and Cowie before Levein got it on the matchday.

Gary Mackay just can’t deal with the fact he hasn’t got any sort of role within the club.

Maybe he should have got right behind the Foundation instead of going along another route and things may have been different.

He’s a classless and bitter, bitter man. 

20 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Gary Mackay just can’t deal with the fact he hasn’t got any sort of role within the club.

Maybe he should have got right behind the Foundation instead of going along another route and things may have been different.

Am i right in saying he did have though? Back in about 2010 or 11 I done a stadium tour and I'm sure it was him that took us around. I might be way off the mark tbf

22 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

He’s misguided at times and speaks before he thinks as well. 

But he is a Hearts Legend and has every right to say what he likes because, at e end of the day, he will be wanting Hearts to succeed. 

To start art the article in that way isn’t great but it’s honest. 

42 minutes ago, Big Moysey said:

Black, Berry and Colquhoun fell ill first, then Whittaker and Cowie before Levein got it on the matchday.

Depending on the particular virus, the day you start showing symptoms and feeling ill is more often than not, not the day the virus entered your body. It’s all irrelevant though anyway, if that’s the day Levein felt ill with it, then that’s all that really matters. For MacKay or anyone else to insinuate that he chickened out, or to suggest he should have just played through it, is a mixture of disrespectful and ignorant. Questioning the man’s Integrity and mental strength based on the amateur psychological and medical opinions of Gary MacKay and one or two naracistic Internet bampots (as one poster on JKB did), doesn’t cut it for me.

Edited by Bez

Selkirkhmfc1874

Just reading Craig levein went to thank the ambulance crew who treated him and took him to hospital, just another touch of class from the man.

23 minutes ago, Bez said:

Depending on the particular virus, the day you start showing symptoms and feeling ill is more often than not, not the day the virus entered your body. It’s all irrelevant though anyway, if that’s the day Levein felt ill with it, then that’s all that really matters. For MacKay or anyone else to insinuate that he chickened out, or to suggest he should have just played through it, is a mixture of disrespectful and ignorant. Questioning the man’s Integrity and mental strength based on the amateur psychological and medical opinions of Gary MacKay and one or two naracistic Internet bampots (as one poster on JKB did), doesn’t cut it for me.

Thank you for clarifying the Dens Pk Levein situation. I hope that’s not me you’re branding an narcissistic internet bampot!

The 1st wife was a narcassistic bampot and I would really struggle to be tarred with that brush.

...a bit disco
15 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I'm pleased to announce that Jambos Kickback has made a £300 donation to Scottish Ambulance Services on behalf of Craig Levein.

Thank you to all our Paid Members, whose generosity make such charitable donations possible.  :bravo:

Nice choice on our behalf Ron.

"Everybody hates Kickback."

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Clear few said:

Thank you for clarifying the Dens Pk Levein situation. I hope that’s not me you’re branding an narcissistic internet bampot!

The 1st wife was a narcassistic bampot and I would really struggle to be tarred with that brush.

100% not you, sir. As far as I'm aware you have never attempted a completely unqualified psychological assessment of our manager and club legend, based on zero professional expertise whatsoever. Others who shall remain nameless have however.

4 minutes ago, Bez said:

100% not you, sir. As far as I'm aware you have never attempted a completely unqualified psychological assessment of our manager and club legend, based on zero professional expertise whatsoever. Others who shall remain nameless have however.

?

Regardless of their previous, Mackay wished Craig a speedy recovery. Perhaps not as fluently as some on here would have hoped, but he at least said it.

I'm not comfortable that folk are using this particular thread to fuel hatred against a guy who, in his own way, is a Hearts Man.

SectionDJambo

Craig Levein was replaced, in the match at Dens Park, by Roddy McDonald, who had a great game. There is no evidence that would suggest that Levein missing the match cost us the result that would have enabled winning the league 

There are times, in life, that events just go against you. For the end of that season, after the 3-0 win at Dundee United, Hearts just couldn’t nail the league win down.

A narrow 1-0 win against Clydebank, wasn’t really good enough, when a few more goals would have shut the door on Celtic scoring enough on the final day.

The home draw against Aberdeen, when Bob Valentine was marched up to the penalty spot by the Aberdeen referees. A very soft award which left us chasing the match against a very good side.

Bill Crombie, inexplicably not awarding us a penalty, very early into the final match. Dundee fans thinking that Rangers were losing, thus giving them false hope of European qualification, and urging their team on as though they were on the verge of winning a trophy.

All this not forgetting our terrible start to the season, which, more than anything else, cost us the championship.

Anyone who suggests that Craig Levein, missing the Dundee match, cost us the championship is talking nonsense.

7 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Craig Levein was replaced, in the match at Dens Park, by Roddy McDonald, who had a great game. There is no evidence that would suggest that Levein missing the match cost us the result that would have enabled winning the league 

There are times, in life, that events just go against you. For the end of that season, after the 3-0 win at Dundee United, Hearts just couldn’t nail the league win down.

A narrow 1-0 win against Clydebank, wasn’t really good enough, when a few more goals would have shut the door on Celtic scoring enough on the final day.

The home draw against Aberdeen, when Bob Valentine was marched up to the penalty spot by the Aberdeen referees. A very soft award which left us chasing the match against a very good side.

Bill Crombie, inexplicably not awarding us a penalty, very early into the final match. Dundee fans thinking that Rangers were losing, thus giving them false hope of European qualification, and urging their team on as though they were on the verge of winning a trophy.

All this not forgetting our terrible start to the season, which, more than anything else, cost us the championship.

Anyone who suggests that Craig Levein, missing the Dundee match, cost us the championship is talking nonsense.

Bang on. The current league campaign is over 38 games. Back then 36. Not one game. The league is a Marathon not a sprint. I'm afraid many need reminding of that.

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

An excellent summary.?

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Regardless of their previous, Mackay wished Craig a speedy recovery. Perhaps not as fluently as some on here would have hoped, but he at least said it.

I'm not comfortable that folk are using this particular thread to fuel hatred against a guy who, in his own way, is a Hearts Man.

<insert spot on emoji>

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Well said

Fxxx the SPFL
40 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

spot on :spoton:

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, weehammy said:

When the chips were down we bottled it. We got out of jail with a late equaliser against Aberdeen, then toiled  at home against Clydebank then failed to get the necessary point against an average Dundee side. The swashbuckling approach that characterised our unbeaten run vanished when it became evident that the championship was within reach.

Was that the game against Aberdeen were McLeish nearly took John Colquhoun’s head off?

4 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Am i right in saying he did have though? Back in about 2010 or 11 I done a stadium tour and I'm sure it was him that took us around. I might be way off the mark tbf

Three years ago I was invited to a ceremony to receive my plot on the pitch as a reward for FoH contributions. Ann Budge was there and so was Mackay - I have a pic with the guy. So he can't be too down on either the current regime or the FoH. (Levein wasn't there, to be fair, but still).

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

He is a Hearts man, it doesn’t prevent him also being a helmet 

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

A good description of how the final part of that season panned out.

The penalty decision for Aberdeen at home was shocking and the one not given at Dens when Sandy Clark was blatantly chopped down was even worse.

I was right behind the goal at Dens and was one of the most  blatant penalties I have ever seen. Crombie shat himself because he was a Hearts fan and it was so early in the game IMO.

The virus that day wouldn't have been an issue if these two incidents had been correcty dealt with.

The players that didn't play that day would never bottled a game like that.

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Good post. Mackay is one of the 85/86 heroes, as is Levein. He may not have put it well, but no less heart felt. Absolutely no reason to justify the bitter comments from some

1 minute ago, HMFC 86 said:

Good post. Mackay is one of the 85/86 heroes, as is Levein. He may not have put it well, but no less heart felt. Absolutely no reason to justify the bitter comments from some

Pretty sure Levein has never questioned MacKay’s commitment and bravery over their joint 86 experience however.

55 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He is a Hearts man, it doesn’t prevent him also being a helmet 

Of course.

Maybe not on this particular thread though?

Selkirkhmfc1874

They both huge hearts men , think Gary should let things drop especially in public now because he's holding grudge from 30 odd years ago 

...a bit disco
On 03/09/2018 at 13:57, BelgeJambo said:

Just seen this punters comment in the EEN article by Gary Mackay

Levein's absence could also be an indication he is surplus to requirements. Hope he gets well soon, but still want him well away from Hearts.

He surely can't be a Hearts fan this throbber?

That'll be this guy?

23172770_2018519488393000_59296522879465

Whose Facebook profile pic is...

28379014_2077331762511772_22851776778447

25 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

That'll be this guy?

23172770_2018519488393000_59296522879465

Whose Facebook profile pic is...

28379014_2077331762511772_22851776778447

Reptile.

6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

He started by saying he basically hated him - that wasnt a lack of fluency, it was crass stupidity. He clearly felt obliged to say it rather than really wanting to

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

In a nutshell, spot on!

It should have been ten
6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

He started by saying he basically hated him - that wasnt a lack of fluency, it was crass stupidity. He clearly felt obliged to say it rather than really wanting to

Exactly, PHM aside it just comes across a bit tacky and pathetic from Mackay.

Edited by It should have been ten

11 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I understand your anger. 

Start a Mackay thread. Or a 1986 thread and talk about it there. 

Thats all I’m saying. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

pretty much agree but Craig leveins pace was key to the defence and team - a fit levein would have allowed the full team to move 10 yards up the park 

great player that roddy was (and he was a great player) a fit Craig levein would have increased our chances that day considerably

all the other ups and downs and random events still stand obviously

EastSideJambo

Dens might be the worst day any Hearts supporter will ever endure. Who knows if Levein being available for selection would've made any difference 

We will never know. It was a great season and one which deserved a different outcome. Alas it did not 

Edited by EastSideJambo

15 minutes ago, farin said:

A gun nut who wants rid of CL, just as well there’s no grassy knolls at tynie. ? 

That's almost certainly either A, an air gun or B a BB gun. Judging his assortment of low end shotguns its probably a BB gun. 

Who ever he is, he cant afford decent shot guns and probably thinks he's Dirty Harry on a weekend.

...a bit disco
59 minutes ago, farin said:

It’s certainly not a Sec5 live fire weapon anyway. He wouldn’t be able to own that. Doubt his local police firearms unit would approve of the shotgun images on a fbook page either tbh. ? 

Police Scotland (L&B)?

Probably not.

:wink:

1 hour ago, farin said:

It’s certainly not a Sec5 live fire weapon anyway. He wouldn’t be able to own that. Doubt his local police firearms unit would approve of the shotgun images on a fbook page either tbh. ? 

Couple of things. In the first pic he is closing both eyes while aiming a magazine less AK47 clone.

secondly the AK is missing the fore grip wooden piece.

potentially it's a deactivated one, they had them at war and peace a couple of years ago for something stupid like £700

3 hours ago, farin said:

I was at Beltring years ago, the prices for rusty scrap were terrible then. ?  were you reenacting or shopping ?. 

I got a freebie ticket from my mate.

He runs an airsoft business so he was the one looking for stuff, I was more interested in the armour driving about.