Mitchell returns on a season long loan (confirmed)

thehibsaregay

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

:D what a wank piece

Just now, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

"With all due respect to the Scottish league, Mitchell can do better than Hearts."  I wonder if he knows what "with all due respect" actually means?

Shoddy journalism that just proves there are arseholes getting paid to write crap everywhere

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• sadj

• Famous 1874

• Agentjambo

Hackney Hearts

"With all due respect to the Scottish league"   ...  i.e. none

"Mitchell can do better than Hearts" - I tend to agree! And he surely will one day - but not before he's graced our legendary 2018/19 squad.

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

He is a wank but he is also right.

Mitchell could get into a lower half EPL team IMO

Yep...will be delighted if he signs... but be in no doubt, that we can consider ourselves very, very lucky.

I missed that sportsound interview is it on a podcast or has anyone got a link to it?I have looked and can’t find it.

Edited by jamtartan74

He needs game time and experience. He has ability but playing so much u21s football will leave him short. A full season up here will let him walk into the championship club of his choice. 

4 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

With Mitchell in, we will win the league.

Hmm - need another top CB to even think about 2nd.

With Mitchell, Vanacek and McAuley I think we’ll

win something.

CloustonHMFC

Let’s set the scene - it’s January 1st and Hearts are still flying high in the league, out comes an announcement that Mitchell and Naismith have both signed pre-contract agreements with the club.

Well, a man can dream. 

7 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

No we won't...but.........

Ministry MK2
29 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

I missed that sportsound interview is it on a podcast or has anyone got a link to it?I have looked and can’t find it.

Yeah it was on Sportsound. Was on the podcast can’t remember the date but must have been on the day, or couple days after Aberdeen got the Man U striker on loan. As that was discussed.

1 minute ago, Ministry MK2 said:

Yeah it was on Sportsound. Was on the podcast can’t remember the date but must have been on the day, or couple days after Aberdeen got the Man U striker on loan. As that was discussed.

Cheers bud I knew it was on sportsound but was wondering if it was still available to listen to, I searched for it with no luck. 

The season is 3 games old. That being said;

Played 3, won 3. 

35 to go. 

Into the QF of the league cup with a home tie to come. 

Stronger, driven, together and more balanced squad. 

Everyone involved with the club pulling in the same direction. 

No off field distractions. 

No lofty expectations. 

Momentum is building.

Ah screw it..

Its happening. We are doing a ‘Leicester ‘! ♥️

4BEB1BF8-6A8B-4EB2-A29D-DF96A7C0031A.gif.2d9419da0cedf7bb8acb5f3975d75a0a.gif

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
15 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Played 3, won 3. 

35 to go. 

No lofty expectations. 

Momentum is building.

Ah screw it..

Bear in mind that the rest are taking points of each other.  3 games in, already 4 points ahead is a good place to be.

54 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Let’s set the scene - it’s January 1st and Hearts are still flying high in the league, out comes an announcement that Mitchell and Naismith have both signed pre-contract agreements with the club.

Which club though :61:

16 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Bear in mind that the rest are taking points of each other.  3 games in, already 4 points ahead is a good place to be.

Absolutely! 

18 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Probably 3 after today. Still good.

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

NEGATIVE Nancy

:bolt:

45 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Played 3, won 3. 

35 to go. 

No lofty expectations. 

Momentum is building.

Ah screw it..

I concur

1 hour ago, OTT said:

:D what a wank piece

What a bell end! Has he already forgotten that one of the better teams from "the best league in the world" scraped past a team from "shitty Scottish league" in extra time? Wind your flicking neck in you utter door handle!

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Hmm - need another top CB to even think about 2nd.

With Mitchell, Vanacek and McAuley I think we’ll

win something.

Wow! That's a threesome that gets me very excited! :-) 

I love the fact Demi loves Edinburgh enough to want to come back - am i correct in thinking we get a cut of any future transfer as we’ve been involved in his development???  I sat at a table in Gleneagles Hotel next to Dundee United’s Stephen Thompson and Neil Doncaster back in 2014 and he was explaining all the financial cuts clubs got from the Ryan Gauld transfer, clubs he was on loan to receiving money for developing the player.

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I love the fact Demi loves Edinburgh enough to want to come back - am i correct in thinking we get a cut of any future transfer as we’ve been involved in his development???  I sat at a table in Gleneagles Hotel next to Dundee United’s Stephen Thompson and Neil Doncaster back in 2014 and he was explaining all the financial cuts clubs got from the Ryan Gauld transfer, clubs he was on loan to receiving money for developing the player.

First ive heard of that tbh.

wouldnt think so

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

wouldnt think so

Maybe certain loan agreements could contain such a clause but ive never heard of that as a hard rule

3 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Cheers bud I knew it was on sportsound but was wondering if it was still available to listen to, I searched for it with no luck. 

Sportscene podcasts are only available for a week after broadcast 

6 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Laddie is a game changer. When the scarf above head pic is out I'll be moister then a bake off sponge

That comment!

Anyway, yes this MAY turn out to be a special season.  I'll still settle for Europe like! :-)

22 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Written by a true bitter. 

Mind you must have been hard interviewing CL with :leveinnaturalorder:

restored

and young Demi and Vanecek yet to arrive let alone Harry and Arnaud to get involved 

:verysmug:

Absolutely right.  What a signing this is.

Waited for my birthday to confirm it.  What a PHM.

The place really should be packed to the rafters on Saturday.

Cannae wait as the saying goes.

Absolutely delighted.

19 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Absolutely right.  What a signing this is.

Waited for my birthday to confirm it.  What a PHM.

The place really should be packed to the rafters on Saturday.

Cannae wait as the saying goes.

Absolutely delighted.

Absolutely.

The buzz around the club just now is as good as it's been for a wee while now, and when we're all aboard the happy train, Tynecastle is always packed.

It'll be my first game at Tynecastle this season, too.

5 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Here’s the bit from their evening news. Bellend 

66F37BFD-2EAA-4EC6-9FA5-BCF9A966608D.png

Could he, aye?

Championship clubs in England may be able to pay bigger wages than we can, but I’ve yet to see any evidence that the standard of football is higher.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Could he, aye?

Championship clubs in England may be able to pay bigger wages than we can, but I’ve yet to see any evidence that the standard of football is higher.

Oh come on mate.. Looks at leeds, boro and villa.. I like watching scottish football more, quakity doesnt square with entertainment but the general standard of player is higher 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Oh come on mate.. Looks at leeds, boro and villa.. I like watching scottish football more, quakity doesnt square with entertainment but the general standard of player is higher 

I think we could beat any of those teams at the moment. It would be a close game, though. 

4 hours ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

So true, and while I never normally want to see the arse cheeks do well in Europe, I wouldn't be disappointed if they both make it to the Europa League group stages.  That will stretch their resources and I seem to recall someone on here saying that both of them would have ties either side of league games against us.  I can't remember the exact details, but it can only help our chances if true.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I think we could beat any of those teams at the moment. It would be a close game, though. 

Leeds? Lol.. Maybe in a one off game but theyve just spent north of 20m 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yes, because transfer fees are vastly overpriced. Leeds would not win the SPL. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Nothing like it net spend.

Don't think many people on here will have seen much of Leeds. 

The speed and intensity of their football is far higher than any team in the SPFL.

I recently saw West Brom at Pittodrie. Only a friendly but their quality on the ball and physical ability was obviously superior to Aberdeen. 

Championship is an odd league. Comparing is not straight forward.  46 games and 23 teams all very different teams. 12 teams many similar and few surprises. It's not black and white for sure.

4 hours ago, Armageddon said:

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

wouldnt think so

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Maybe certain loan agreements could contain such a clause but ive never heard of that as a hard rule

I think there is some truth in this, looking at the rules there is a payment due to any team that is involved in the training and education of a player from the age of 12. If they are transferred before their 23rd birthday, either a training or solidarity payment would be due to any team involved in the players training or education from 12 to 23 years old.

Here is a link to FIFA's rules, see articles 19 and 20 and also Annexe 4 and 5.

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

Any payment would be pro rata so we would be due payment for the 4 months he was with us earlier this year plus however long he might be with us going forward.

Edited by graygo

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

I think there is some truth in this, looking at the rules there is a payment due to any team that is involved in the training and education of a player from the age of 12. If they are transferred before their 23rd birthday, either a training or solidarity payment would be due to any team involved in the players training or education from 12 to 23 years old.

Here is a link to FIFA's rules, see articles 19 and 20 and also Annexe 4 and 5.

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

Any payment would be pro rata so we would be due payment for the 4 months he was with us earlier this year plus however long he might be with us going forward.

Section 5 of this confirms that we would be due a payment as we are officially his "training club"

http://www.lafferabogados.com/2017/04/07/the-training-compensation-system/

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

The top end are better than the majority of the spfl. Celtic would win the Championship and Hearts would finish mid table I reckon. The quality isn't all that imo.

will-i-am-a-jambo
12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The top end are better than the majority of the spfl. Celtic would win the Championship and Hearts would finish mid table I reckon. The quality isn't all that imo.

I would probably agree with this. I went to a Millwall game a couple of seasons ago and they were awful. Appreciate that it is only 1 game but a lot of the championship is over-hyped imo. If Hearts had the same resources as these clubs it would be a different story.

Edited by will-i-am-a-jambo

3 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

I would probably agree with this. I went to a Millwall game a couple of seasons ago and they were awful. Appreciate that it is only 1 game but a lot of the championship is over-hyped imo. If Hearts had the same resources as these clubs it would be a different story.

Absolutely the resources are key as you say. I used to go to a lot of Cardiff games when they were in the Championship and the quality was shocking. 

Agree with Jammy T here. It is vastly overrated. The fact that we would even be in the top end of that league with the gulf in finances says it all.

I never really understand why both sides of the fence are so bothered with trying to compare.

There’s never really going to be an easy comparison between the two.

6 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Could we have waived that in lieu of the fact we won't  be paying much of his wages ?

Don't think so, it's the law according to FIFA.

It's a very low percentage anyway 10% of 5% which is 0.5% of whatever the training and solidarity compensation figure is set at for the Scottish League.