Mitchell returns on a season long loan (confirmed)

thehibsaregay

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Think he's finished at Man Utd. They won't be dictating anything now. Demi might be happier going back to more attacking position. 

Kind of hoping this is true. I love the idea of Demi playing a little further forward with no defensive responsibilities. Will be interesting to see if we give him the #11 squad number.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• sadj

• Famous 1874

• Agentjambo

28 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

200w.gif

200w-1.gif

That bottom one is quite something. But to which one do i refer??? Aha!

The “nothing good ever happens to us” part of me keeps predicting he’ll have a year of niggling injuries and we’ll never see him fly. Duno why my brain does that to me!!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
43 minutes ago, Badonde said:

It’s now being reported in the Manchester evening news that he’s coming to us.  Also says he has been out injured with an ankle injury so doubt he’ll be match fit. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-transfer-news-live-15073894.amp

Trumpet Luckhurst having another dig despite being completely wrong. 

What a fool

:rofl:

46 minutes ago, Badonde said:

It’s now being reported in the Manchester evening news that he’s coming to us.  Also says he has been out injured with an ankle injury so doubt he’ll be match fit. 

Also mentioned he played a kick around on Friday night so could well be fit.

59 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Never thought this would happen in a million years.

Will be interesting to get that Manc twat Samuel Luckhurst’s view on Mitchell returning to the graveyard...

Yes

And he said it wasn't happening him coming back to Scotland 

Jambosteve1902

Delighted to get him back shame on garuccio though, with Mulraney being quite poor. Maybe see garuccio or mit hell wide left midfield? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, brux said:

Also mentioned he played a kick around on Friday night so could well be fit.

Would imagine he may settle for the bench and be ready following the international break.  Reserve game against Dundee might be a chance for a bit of practice 

11 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Delighted to get him back shame on garuccio though, with Mulraney being quite poor. Maybe see garuccio or mit hell wide left midfield? 

If we play with a back four until Berra returns then I think Mitchell will play wife left of midfield with Garuccio behind him. 

If we play with a back 3 then it will be Garuccio that comes out and Demi will be the left wing back. 

It would be unfortunate for Garruccio as he has been steady so far but Mitchell is a far better player. 

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

If we play with a back four until Berra returns then I think Mitchell will play wife left of midfield with Garuccio behind him. 

If we play with a back 3 then it will be Garuccio that comes out and Demi will be the left wing back. 

It would be unfortunate for Garruccio as he has been steady so far but Mitchell is a far better player. 

It's a good problem to have. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It definitely is and it’s been a problem area for the team for a few seasons. 

He’ll be fit as a fiddle and tuned in after that preseason tour with Man Utd, surrounded by quality world class players.

He’s going to piss on this league if we play him more advanced.

I’d imagine Hibs.net is full of roasters going on about the number of players we’re signing and how we’re back to cheating again. 

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

I’d imagine Hibs.net is full of roasters going on about the number of players we’re signing and how we’re back to cheating again. 

I can smell the seethe emanating from there. :pleasingao:

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

Seethe is not what I smell from them.

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Give Man U the Lafferty money and get him signed permanent, speculate to accumulate I say. 

He''s out if contract at the end of the season. I we do  get him on loan it's the player we need to convince in January.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Give Man U the Lafferty money and get him signed permanent, speculate to accumulate I say. 

Speculation won't be in Ann's DNA. 

Detailed planning, strong financial discipline and an all-consuming desire to grow the business organically is and will be her modus operandi

41 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes

And he said it wasn't happening him coming back to Scotland 

Was he the guy on Sportsound last week who was ripped to shreds by MS ?

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

Seethe is not what I smell from them.

25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

These are all young players whose form may fluctuate . 

There will , obviously , be injuries suspensions etc .

I'l be curious to see if he can show us his worth over a longer period and he did well last season

I was not bowled over as many seem to have been on his 2017/18 stint with us, though he did little wrong and filled a position that we had been lacking any depth in for some time

Let's see him kick on and it is a position we needed to strengthen as we really only had one left sided full back in the squad

Fraggle Rock
18 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Hibs are keeking it,  We are going to destroy them this season.

FTH

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I'l be curious to see if he can show us his worth over a longer period and he did well last season

I was not bowled over as many seem to have been on his 2017/18 stint with us, though he did little wrong and filled a position that we had been lacking any depth in for some time

Let's see him kick on and it is a position we needed to strengthen as we really only had one left sided full back in the squad

All fair tbh. 

I think his quality in going forward was obvious, defensively I agree with you. 

Just as well we attack all the time, tho.. ?

Laddie is a game changer. When the scarf above head pic is out I'll be moister then a bake off sponge

Edited by Jamhammer

Lord Beni of Gorgie

His quality is obvious. He was a converted left back so not surprising his defensive duties need polishing. 

But he has technique and pace far beyond the average SPFL player.

Major coup

3 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

This is getting dizzying. I can't keep track - how many will we have in the squad when this goes through?

Not enough, more more more ,how do you like it! ps if you are young More more more a 1976 hit Andrea True Connection later sampled by Len Steal my Sunshine in 98/99

Edited by Turkishcap
Music lesson

The Goalscoring Knee
2 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Not enough, more more more ,how do you like it!

True. Is there some sort of connection going on here?

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Who was that Manchester journalist who said he wouldn't be coming back

Dicky McArseKnob I think it was

If Sow comes in as well I would sit him, Demi and and Ben down and show them Fyssas, Rudi and Hartley videos.

Never seen players blend so quickly and create havoc in every defence.  We could then beat all opposition, GFA allowing.

56 minutes ago, jambosdad said:

If Sow comes in as well I would sit him, Demi and and Ben down and show them Fyssas, Rudi and Hartley videos.

Never seen players blend so quickly and create havoc in every defence.  We could then beat all opposition, GFA allowing.

Fysass, Rudi, Hartley...wind forward 13 years...Garuccio, Mitchell, Naismith

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Who was that Manchester journalist who said he wouldn't be coming back

Posted a link to his report on previous page. Backtracking pissing on chips type piece 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

"With all due respect to the Scottish league, Mitchell can do better than Hearts."  I wonder if he knows what "with all due respect" actually means?

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 minute ago, OTT said:

:D what a wank piece

The article or the writer?  

Oh, wait.....

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Here’s the bit from their evening news. 

66F37BFD-2EAA-4EC6-9FA5-BCF9A966608D.png

I really doubt an injury would have stopped a championship club Loan. Smacks of a journalist who dissed Scottish football trying to save face . Still need to wait and see this week !! Fingers crossed