UEFA Nations League. ( merged )

maroonlegions

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Croatia doing the big come down.

Spain 6-0 up. 

Have had this on. Spain have been incredible, could have been 10. Under Enrique with a load of top class young players coming through they are going to be a team to beat over the next 10 years. 

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Morgan

• Brighton Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't watched any of the matches but now that I have my head around the format (that took a while) this looks like a fun competition to watch. Not least because Scotland have a decent shot to win their league.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Germany's struggles continue. 

Low should've quit after euro 16 while he was still ahead imo. His generation of players (2006 onwards) have pretty much left the set up or in some cases quit football. Time for a fresh new era for Germany

On 12/09/2018 at 04:06, Ugly American said:

I haven't watched any of the matches but now that I have my head around the format (that took a while) this looks like a fun competition to watch. Not least because Scotland have a decent shot to win their league.

I'm of the same opinion.. As I mentioned on another thread International football should be about playing teams close to you in level with an outside chance of making it to a big tournament.

Look at Gibraltar getting their first win, plus the other minnows picking up points in their games.. that's a lot better than turning up for a hiding each game.

Even the Scotland group.. That has everyone with a win each basically showing that we are in the correct level of league for our ability..

It's just a pity we decided to play Belgium and Portugal in friendlies which in my opinion gives us no help whatsoever.. we should have gone for one team in the league above us and one team from one of the other leagues in our level.. (i've just checked and the other leagues of our level are the all four teams so  they have no space).. Ok so if we want to play better teams then play two teams from the B Leagues.. Why we have chosen two teams from the A leagues is beyond me.

So its decided.

Israel 2 Albania 0 

Draw in Albania, win v Israel and Scotland win group on points 

Or lose to Albania win v Israel win group as long as goal difference okay 

Why has League C (our level) got a group of 3 teams when League D every group is 4 teams?  Shouldn't the lowest level have the group with 3 teams.

Felix Lighter

Lose to Albania away and draw with Israel at the dump and we get relegated, it's written in the stars. 

Edited by Felix Lighter

7 hours ago, Felix Lighter said:

Lose to Albania away and draw with Israel at the dump and we get relegated, it's written in the stars. 

All part of the plan to qualify for euro 2024

8 hours ago, Boozyuzi said:

Why has League C (our level) got a group of 3 teams when League D every group is 4 teams?  Shouldn't the lowest level have the group with 3 teams.

As it’s more likely to be the nations in the first three groups who are going to have a problem with playing more games.

Club football rules the roost. Why would you want to play an additional couple of games?

...a bit disco

BREAKING: The FA has condemned unacceptable behaviour by some England fans in Seville on Sunday night and promised to sanction any England Supporters' Travel Club member found to be responsible for disorder. #SSN

England fans causing bother in Seville. Video footage of parked cars being vandalised and apparently a glass thrown at a passing car. Condemned by the FA instantly and correctly. 

Meanwhile once again the fans claim heavy handed policing. What are the police meant to do? Let them get on with smashing things and have a quiet word later? 

The Mighty Thor

Sadly the difference between England and Scotland is probably as wide as it's been in my lifetime. 

From quality of player to standard to organisation we are decades behind and are regressing rapidly.

Never usually wanting to see England win (the press reaction is nauseating) but anyone who puts the proverbial boot into that cheating sod Ramos is on my right side!

Oh, and you can add Busquets to that, although he has cut a lot of his theatrical dying swan stuff recently.

Bazzas right boot

Spain doing what we done at Ibrox. 

If anything, best to do it all in one game. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:spoton:

England are light years ahead, both in the management structure and in ability. 

A gulf that will never be closed. 

Maybe not, but when you look at the number of actual England players in the top 5 teams in thier own country there is a problem if they want to get in to that top tier of nations. Thier players aren't good enough for the elite club sides, that is clear. 

Spurs are the exception, but in all honest ythey are not a top, top club side. 

If England’s goal is to be better than Scotland, then they can be satisfied, if it's to get to finals and win things and compete reguraly with the best sides, they are a bit off. 

Good result so far for them tho. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I would surmise that England do not even give Scotland second thought, except when drawn against each other. 

They are not even at full strength tonight. 

Under some pressure now that Espagna have scored so let's see how they handle it. The dynamics have changed in an instant.

I agree, and was my point, being streets ahead of us is of no use to them when they can't touch France, Germany, Brazil, Spain etc at major tournaments. 

However, thier fans singing to Spain " are you Scotland in disguise" would indicate that at least the fans give us a second thought!

Brighton Jambo

What a great game, so much better than the usual friendly nonsense.  You could tell how much Spain didn’t want to lose that game.  

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

What a great game, so much better than the usual friendly nonsense.  You could tell how much Spain didn’t want to lose that game.  

I never saw the first half but they pummeled England in the second.

Edited by graygo

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I never saw the first half but they pummeled England in the second.

In the first half England looked like they would score every time they went forward, three really good goals.  A classic example of a game of two halves.  

1 hour ago, graygo said:

:what:

1 hour ago, jambo89 said:

You were half right! 

Yikes!

Just came in and checked the score.

3-0  after 38 minutes?

:wow: 

Take it Cheetio Ramos was flinging himself about everywhere as per?

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Yikes!

Just came in and checked the score.

3-0  after 38 minutes?

:wow: 

Take it Cheetio Ramos was flinging himself about everywhere as per?

He was but even he cold take lessons from Sterling.