UEFA Nations League. ( merged )

maroonlegions

The Treasurer
10 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Pretty demoralising really. Sorry for sounding like a certain poster from Hamilton but I’m still trying to get my head around the nations league. 

The whole point of the NL was to cut out meaningless friendlies and replace them with meaningless competitive matches.

I'm sure the format will be altered as not all the "right" nations qualified for the finals.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Morgan

• Brighton Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Next year I think. Semi final at home to Finland. 

assuming we have not already qualified for euro 2020

William H. Bonney
45 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

So next year at home to Finland then. 

4 hours ago, benny said:

When do Scotland play their play off games and is it the same format as this group.

45 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Yes. If a team qualifies for Euros their place in Nations League play off is given to another team based on rankings. 

13 hours ago, graygo said:

Not for me I'm afraid, domestically Hibs are our rivals and |I wish them nothing but misery. Internationally England wear that hat.

For the record I am not a rabid nationalist who hates all things English, purely football/sport.

I take your point.

We just differ slightly on the England thing.

13 hours ago, graygo said:

I am, they are the Hibs of International football to me.

Roond them. right roond them.

:pleasingao:

Exactly and any Scot that says other wise is probably one of the UJ wavers.  

17 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I take your point.

We just differ slightly on the England thing.

:wtfvlad:

26 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:wtfvlad:

Quite simply, it doesn’t bother me one way or the other if England win, or lose, a game of football.

Hibs on the other hand,? I want them humiliated at every opportunity.

29 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Exactly and any Scot that says other wise is probably one of the UJ wavers.  

A bit of a sweeping statement there, Andy.

In my case, that could not be further from the truth.  See my post to ri Alban (above).

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Quite simply, it doesn’t bother me one way or the other if England win, or lose, a game of football.

Hibs on the other hand,? I want them humiliated at every opportunity.

I get what you are saying but imagine an Alloa supporter said to you "I don't get why you care if Hibs win or lose"

What would the reply be?

Edited by graygo

38 minutes ago, graygo said:

I get what you are saying but imagine an Alloa supporter said to you "I don't get why you care if Hibs win or lose"

What would the reply be?

If said Alloa supporter said to me ‘I don’t get why you care if Hibs win or lose’, I’d say ‘I only want them to lose’. Unless of course, them winning was beneficial to Hearts.

To summarise:

I hate Hibs and want the worst for them.

I don’t hate England and therefore couldn’t really care what happens in their games, unless they are playing Scotland. 

I’m not going  to hate England because I am Scottish and are therefore ‘supposed to’..

Edited by Morgan

Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

If said Alloa supporter said to me ‘I don’t get why you care if Hibs win or lose’, I’d say ‘I only want them to lose’. Unless of course, them winning was beneficial to Hearts.

To summarise:

I don’t hate England and therefore couldn’t really care what happens in their games, unless they are playing Scotland. 

I’m not going  to hate England because I am Scottish and are therefore supposed to’..

Good post morgan and i think along the same lines.

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Good post morgan and i think along the same lines.

Good to see you back on the board Harry, after your post at the weekend in the Shed.  How are you doing?

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Good to see you back on the board Harry, after your post at the weekend in the Shed.  How are you doing?

Getting there bud, obviously some folk have it harder than me , thanks for the concern mate, it does help .

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Getting there bud, obviously some folk have it harder than me , thanks for the concern mate, it does help .

No bother, Harold. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

To summarise:

I’m not going  to hate England because I am Scottish and are therefore ‘supposed to’..

All fair enough mate but that last sentence.

I'm not going to hate Hibs because I'm Hearts and are therefore "supposed to"

Does that work as well?

Does it Hell.

;) 

29 minutes ago, graygo said:

All fair enough mate but that last sentence.

I'm not going to hate Hibs because I'm Hearts and are therefore "supposed to"

Does that work as well?

Does it Hell.

;) 

:touche:

TyphoonJambo
45 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Miko sent off as Lithuania  toil 0-1 to Luxembourg 

Scottish ref?

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Ffs boring Ireland equalise ?

Phew

Nearly put Denmark on my accumulator.

Pasquale for King
On 07/06/2019 at 00:04, Olly Lee's left boot said:

England not press the night? 

Dutch seem good at it though.

Alex Kintner

And some would have us believe this England team are going to dominate world football for the next ten years! 

tumblr_mpkxahfEgE1rsxo3uo1_250.gif

The Internet
Just now, Ferryjambo99 said:

Martin Tyler in tears

Cos he's now going to have sit and commentate on another half hour of this game. 

Brighton Jambo

Probably fair enough to be disallowed but the moment iof delirious madness when a goal goes in is being removed as now you need to wait to check their is no VAR check before going mad and that’s takes something away

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Cos he's now going to have sit and commentate on another half hour of this game. 

Good ???

The Internet
2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Probably fair enough to be disallowed but the moment iof delirious madness when a goal goes in is being removed as now you need to wait to check their is no VAR check before going mad and that’s takes something away

Yep. I really can't decide on it. Most of me thinks it's shite but it does come to the right decision (kind of, I bet there's loads of little things the ref misses that nothing is done about but leads to bigger moments, but how far do you go?), but it just strikes me as something thats been designed by faceless corporate robots who have never played football in their life. 

The EPL is going to be an absolute shambles with it for the early parts of next season so that'll be fun to see. 

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Yep. I really can't decide on it. Most of me thinks it's shite but it does come to the right decision (kind of, I bet there's loads of little things the ref misses that nothing is done about but leads to bigger moments, but how far do you go?), but it just strikes me as something thats been designed by faceless corporate robots who have never played football in their life. 

The EPL is going to be an absolute shambles with it for the early parts of next season so that'll be fun to see. 

I agree it definitely comes to the right decision.  The reason though why football is the best  sport in the world is that explosive moment when a goal goes in.  Now you will hold something back to check before going mad and it’s that split second of doubt that slightly spoils the magic.  I’m pleased we won’t have it in Scotland 

England ex players and fans moaning about VAR and the Nations League. Saying it's a rubbish tournament.  

We would never heard the end of it if they had won it. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

England ex players and fans moaning about VAR and the Nations League. Saying it's a rubbish tournament.  

Bunch of ******s, won’t be long before they want Southgate punted!

The Internet

Like just there - Alli heads it, keeper saves and Sterling follows in and shoots but he was offside when Alli headed it. Not given and England get a corner. Why isn't that reviewed? They just pick and choose which decisions to change. 

Brighton Jambo
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I’ve not heard any England fans and hardly any ex players saying the tournaments rubbish.  So much better than meaningless friendlies.  I have heard a few say this game is meaningless and they are right.  

14 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I’ve not heard any England fans and hardly any ex players saying the tournaments rubbish.  So much better than meaningless friendlies.  I have heard a few say this game is meaningless and they are right.  

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

He’s hardly calling the tournament rubbish though is he, as per your message