David Vanecek

kimosavi

Surely we've put in a cash offer to get the Czech unit Vanecek in now with some of the Lafferty cash 

Fully expect him on a plane by Friday 

(Not ITK) 

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Jammy T

I'm a bit lost with this whole thing tbh.  I was under the impression he signed a pre contract and is coming in January.

Is he actually a direct replacement for Lafferty though? (Not disputing he might improve our overall squad)

Vanecek appears to be an out and out striker where Uche/McLean have been playing. Lafferty has been playing off the left hand side. Surely we need a forward or winger who can play there?

Still say it's daft to spend any significant cash on a player we're getting for nothing when we have decent options to do us for the 4 months till he arrives

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I'm a bit lost with this whole thing tbh.  I was under the impression he signed a pre contract and is coming in January.

He is. But CL has stated on several occasions that he’s trying to get him in before the end of this window.

Probably waiting to see what happened with Lafferty.

I think we'd be much better brining in someone else. We're getting this boy for free in 6 months.

Either a loan deal for 6 months or maybe someone on a 1 year deal.

indianajones
4 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Still say it's daft to spend any significant cash on a player we're getting for nothing when we have decent options to do us for the 4 months till he arrives

I kind of agree with you to be honest although an injury to one of our main forwards would leave us very short and we wouldn't have many other options tactically. 

If we can get him in for a token amount of money i'd go go it. 

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He’s coming in January.

Hearts want him now. They are holding out for a fee which we were unwilling to pay before KL left. 

They're also short of options and he is scoring goals just now so they don’t want to let him go, but if we add another £100k or so to the previous offer, it may be enough to let him come, and we should be able to afford to do that.

Levein will have known that KL was likely to go for some time, so will have a plan.

Most are assuming that Vanecek coming early is that plan, but he may surprise us!

4 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Rangers have just gave us a significant amount of cash for a player they’d get for nothing in 8 months time.

This is all about what CL sees as the best options for the club moving forward and we need to stop scrutinising individual deals.

I'm sure they'll accept 100-150k, for a guy who has already signed or us and only has 4 months left on his contract.

It's possible that we've already agreed a fee ages ago and had to wait until Lafferty left to sign him because we didn't want to end up with 5 strikers and 3 of them not playing every week. 

11 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Surely we've put in a cash offer to get the Czech unit Vanecek in now with some of the Lafferty cash 

Fully expect him on a plane by Friday 

(Not ITK) 

Disappointed Kimosavi

Thought this was going to be an airport scoop from you

I have just googled this guy. I see someone has, how do I put this, altered his wiki.

David Vaněček (born 9 March 1991) is a professional Czech football player who currently plays for FK Teplice. He has represented his country at under-19 level.He hates the pope and the ira.

He spent time on loan at six clubs over a three-year period between 2010 and 2013.[1] Vaněček signed a permanent contract with Hradec Králové in February 2014, tying him to the club until the end of the 2015–16 season.[1] He is the cousin of another David Vaněček; they played together at Sokolov.[1]. Big dave once said that neil lennon brushes his teeth with bricks.

Expectations are high for Mr Vanecek. Got a good feeling about this one though, think he might just meet it!

Want him starting v Midden with Hearts still top of the league at a packed Tynecastle a week on Saturday! 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Totally unacceptable if this is not happening. 

What does that mean? 

All roads lead to Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

I think it is important now that we are at least level with sevco and Aberdeen by the turn of the year. To do that we might need a replacement in the Lafferty position, so we might be wise to fork out on Vanecec now or loan in someone else on top of what we already have. 

Is it really worth paying over the odds for someone we're getting on a free in a few months time anyway?

Why not just re-structure the tactics and formation until jan or give other players the chance to fill the gap left?

if the fee required is a bit much considering that he'll be our player anyway then I'd rather see the extra cash and wages used to bring in Demi along with a quality centre half and wide player, if Uche and McLean aren't enough to get us through to January then Naismith will win headers up there all day long and Keena deserves a shot too

If we get him we would be looking at something like

Zlamal

smith

Souttar

Dunne

Mitchell

Garruccio

Haring

Naismith

Djoum

Uche

Vanacek

:clumshot:

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

If we get him we would be looking at something like

Zlamal

smith

Souttar

Dunne

Garuccio

Mitchell

Haring

Djoum

Naismith

Uche

Vanacek

:clumshot:

Think it'll be more this to be honest

Edited by Robbo51

17 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Rangers have just gave us a significant amount of cash for a player they’d get for nothing in 8 months time.

This is all about what CL sees as the best options for the club moving forward and we need to stop scrutinising individual deals.

Help !?

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I'd like to see Keena get an opportunity in the meantime. He seems to have an eye for goal. 

Yeah but he's not a signing is he? 

We want signings. We want every last penny of that Lafferty money spent on signings, preferably Shankland, who will be nothing like Reilly.

We want signings, SIGNINGS, SIIIIGGNNNIIINNNGGGSSSS

Captain Canada
2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Yeah but he's not a signing is he? 

We want signings. We want every last penny of that Lafferty money spent on signings, preferably Shankland, who will be nothing like Reilly.

We want signings, SIGNINGS, SIIIIGGNNNIIINNNGGGSSSS

You clearly want signings ?

I'm already struggling to remember which players are at the club so I'd be fine with no more! 

14 minutes ago, Cade said:

Is it really worth paying over the odds for someone we're getting on a free in a few months time anyway?

Why not just re-structure the tactics and formation until jan or give other players the chance to fill the gap left?

Totally agree, spend what money we have on a quality wide player and centre half ?

Салатные палочки
Just now, Captain Canada said:

I'm already struggling to remember which players are at the club so I'd be fine with no more! 

Indeed.

Demi would be the only one I would like to see but I don't get the clamour for more. 

37 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Think folk will vehemently disagree, but I’m inclined to see what Keena and Currie can do until he arrives. Tin hat on.

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Indeed.

Demi would be the only one I would like to see but I don't get the clamour for more. 

Think we do need a decent centre half until Berra is back, if the boy Dunne is pish then we'll be in a bit of bother as things stand imo

NaturalOrder74

I think we all agree we need a bit of good news by the weekend to keep the buzz going

hard game against Killie coming up come on CL give us some good news

14 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Get in Shankland, not this guy.

Depends on the fee to release Vanacek, if we can use that money to get Shankland then we get two for the same price only having to wait 4months on one of them and that is better business.

Салатные палочки
3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Think we do need a decent centre half until Berra is back, if the boy Dunne is pish then we'll be in a bit of bother as things stand imo

McCauley hopefully. Would be more than happy with that until Berra is fit. 

21 minutes ago, Cade said:

Attitudes like this will mean we will never be contenders, you can’t loose your top scorer and wait six months to bring in a replacement 

29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I have just googled this guy. I see someone has, how do I put this, altered his wiki.

David Vaněček (born 9 March 1991) is a professional Czech football player who currently plays for FK Teplice. He has represented his country at under-19 level.He hates the pope and the ira.

He spent time on loan at six clubs over a three-year period between 2010 and 2013.[1] Vaněček signed a permanent contract with Hradec Králové in February 2014, tying him to the club until the end of the 2015–16 season.[1] He is the cousin of another David Vaněček; they played together at Sokolov.[1]. Big dave once said that neil lennon brushes his teeth with bricks.

:vrface: cringe

Just now, Ray Gin said:

:vrface: cringe

Brutal eh.  I really wish would leave this shitefest for the West Coast.  Whether I agree with the setiment or not, I really hate seeing this pish at our club.

22 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I'd like to see Keena get an opportunity in the meantime. He seems to have an eye for goal. 

I agree, time to get this boy some game time. Probably home games where we tend to dominate. 

Alex Kintner

The Shankland chat is chronic. Just because a player scores goals at a lower level doesn’t mean he can at the top level. See Wyness, Reilly et al. If he was such a good prospect he wouldn’t still be playing the Scottish championship.

Sign both Shankland and Vanecek. Send Keena on loan to Ayr, wipe the Smith fee and Chuck in 50k & Callachan. Sorted. 

Next DoF :smugger:

50 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

I think the same.

I’d like the Lafferty money used for Cadden.

We can wait till Jan for Vanecek on a free.

Loanwise, if we could bring back Demi, I’d be well chuffed. 

Anytone else like McAuley would be icing. 

Djoum will feel like a new signing anyway.

One thing is for sure.  Losing Lafferty, Berra and Mitchell from last season does not make us stronger.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
15 minutes ago, Bez said:

Think folk will vehemently disagree, but I’m inclined to see what Keena and Currie can do until he arrives. Tin hat on.

Currie in for Lafferty... Come on to **** :laugh:

49 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

I think we'd be much better brining in someone else. We're getting this boy for free in 6 months.

Either a loan deal for 6 months or maybe someone on a 1 year deal.

Would it not amount to the same thing mate? Getting a loan for 6 months or getting him 6 months early?

• redm changed the title to David Vanecek