• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• 1874KRM

• rudi must stay

• kimosavi

BackOfTheNet
4 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

Walker trolling us. Personally think he'll end up at Rangers for the season as a replacement for Murphy.

Thought the same thing.

Gerrard wouldn’t sign Walker

He might be forced onto him by his DOF though.

If Walker is dropping hints however it’s Edinburgh/Hearts he’s hinting at.

10 hours ago, DH1986 said:

I think Walker would come back with a completely different attitude. I wouldn’t mind seeing how he got on for a few months.

Forget the sentimental pish,got an ability complex and he wont be back here regardless of any pee heeing he does so fxxxoff back to the backwater that is Wigan.

14 hours ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Poor player. Poorer attitude.  He's not got the pace to play out wide to take on & doesn't have what it takes to be a No.1

Better putting any money towards Demi, McAuley, Sow

I agree we should concentrate on the 3 you mentioned but don't think he would make it as a goalie anyway ?

On 23/08/2018 at 20:20, AlphonseCapone said:

If you want JW back at Hearts, you don't have the right ambition for our club. 

Would you take lafferty back? 

10 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Forget the sentimental pish,got an ability complex and he wont be back here regardless of any pee heeing he does so fxxxoff back to the backwater that is Wigan.

I wasn’t being sentimental.....

The lad is a pretty talented footballer and has/had an attitude/application problem imo. 

If he’s grown up a big bit and changed his ways I’m all for having good footballers at the club.

2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

If Walker is a hun prick who will get a frosty reception, I hope to god Lafferty will get the same the hun prick.

Difference, for me anyway, is Lafferty carried himself well during the saga & still put the effort in when called upon. He wanted to go and we knew that but he didnt mug Hearts off while still under contract. You cant say the same about JW & his prick of an agent

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

The lad is a pretty talented footballer and has/had an attitude/application problem imo. 

If he’s grown up a big bit and changed his ways I’m all for having good footballers at the club.

Oh I see your point but he let a lot of his fans down badly with his larks and do not see any chance of him being accepted back.

Just now, sairyinthat said:

Oh I see your point but he let a lot of his fans down badly with his larks and do not see any chance of him being accepted back.

I agree......his actions appeared to act like a bit of a big shot but I’d like to think his move has given him a bit of a wake up call.

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

If he came back and done well he would be accepted. Been plenty players before who it was felt the fans wouldn’t accept and their performances on the pitch meant all the off the pitch stuff faded. Darren Jackson, Andy Webster etc

18 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

If he's found life difficult at Wigan maybe he'll appreciate more how well off he was with HMFC and in Edinburgh.  That might just spur him into a more positive approach if/when he returns.

The Goalscoring Knee

I thought he was capable of some brilliant moments because of his talent. I also thought he hardly ever used that talent to impose himself on a game, one or two notable exceptions aside. Drifted out of matches far too easily. Not going to improve us, so why bother?

JWs behaviour really let him down at the end of his time here but if Levein gave him another chance that would he the line drawn under for me and he'd get my support as long as he put the effort in.

My issue with him coming back is simply he isn't good enough anymore.

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, jambocub said:

Would you take lafferty back? 

It would depend very much on his form and attitude at the time. Not sure I see the relevance to JW? If only JW, a Hearts fan, showed the same professionalism as Lafferty, he might not have ruined his potential quite as bad. 

Back to the subject of new players, I imagine levein will be quizzed pre and post match today so hopefully a bit more news to come

Bazzas right boot

Top of the league and still looking to strengthen. 

Afcon winner to come back as well. 

Tbh, It's not fair on The rest 

6 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Top of the league and still looking to strengthen. 

Afcon winner to come back as well. 

Tbh, It's not fair on The rest 

Cochrane to cone back.

Mitchell, Vanecek and another in next week hopefully.

Just give us the league flag now ffs. :smile:

1 minute ago, kimosavi said:

Where would he fly out from?

Asking for a friend

Prague is the nearest major airport I think. Must be a couple of flights a day into Edinburgh at this time of year though.

Happy stalking.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Cochrane to cone back.

Treble, I'd say but I'd take a double. 

13 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Cochrane to cone back.

May be tongue in cheek but with the squad that's been assembled there's definitely some success to be had this season 

8 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Treble, I'd say but I'd take a double. 

Double would be satisfactory imo. 

8 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

May be tongue in cheek but with the squad that's been assembled there's definitely some success to be had this season 

Definitely, early days but we've got the squad to ride out all the injuries and suspensions which happen to everyone in the last 3-4 months of the season. We should be able to field a strong side throughout. Need a winger though.

20 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Where would he fly out from?

Asking for a friend

You must get discount in the long stay car park by now mate?

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

McAuley, Mitchell, Vanecek, Right Winger in.  Djoum to come back as well.

Callachan, Martin and Amankwaa out.

Hire the open top bus now.

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

You must get discount in the long stay car park by now mate?

I run the car park 

Nobody gets in or out without my say so ?

Goldstone Wonder

Really good article in the Times today about Gareth McAuley. Sounds like a very driven guy and just the sort of player we’d want in the squad. 

julienbrellier
6 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

McAuley, Mitchell, Vanecek, Right Winger in.  Djoum to come back as well.

Callachan, Martin and Amankwaa out.

Hire the open top bus now.

I think bolstering the defence with Mitchell and McAuley is absolutely key.  If we are in with a chance we should stretch ourselves to secure it.  Back three of Soapy Dunne and McAuley, with Mitchell as a wing-back is brilliant.

Vanecek must be on his way too since he wasn't in the squad

jamboinglasgow

Imagine there will be no signings announced tomorrow (Sunday) so I reckon it will be an exciting and busy 5 days this week.

I see Mitchell, Vanecek and McAuley signing. Sow possible. (all guesswork)

I think there will be a surprise bigger player at least attempted to sign before the end of the week. I was thinking Ryan Gauld might be one as he is not in the squad for Sporting and needed to move on before the window, but seen the Portuguese window closes during September.

6 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Imagine there will be no signings announced tomorrow (Sunday) so I reckon it will be an exciting and busy 5 days this week.

I see Mitchell, Vanecek and McAuley signing. Sow possible. (all guesswork)

I think there will be a surprise bigger player at least attempted to sign before the end of the week. I was thinking Ryan Gauld might be one as he is not in the squad for Sporting and needed to move on before the window, but seen the Portuguese window closes during September.

I have mixed feelings about bringing in someone like Ryan Gauld in MF.  Good player and short term, but otherwise likely to stifle the progress of Cochrane, McDonald and Irving (when he comes back from loan).

kingantti1874

If we signed van, sow, demi and mcauley. We finish 3rd at an absolute minimum. Some serious depth when you look at harry, djoum, brandon, godinho and berra to come back for the run in.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

If we signed van, sow, demi and mcauley. We finish 3rd at an absolute minimum. Some serious depth when you look at harry, djoum, brandon, godinho and berra to come back for the open top bus parade.

FTFY

I hope we go for all 4 and frankly, go nuts and add Adao, Gauld and a right winger too.  2-3 out (Callachan, Martin and Amankwaa out).

Come on Ann, you know it makes sense.

BackOfTheNet

I can see Callachan leaving. I think it may be wise to move Amankwaa out on loan to another Scottish club, get him used to the Scottish game and if he performs well offer him a new deal to extend, if not let his contract run out at the end of the season. Martin however I can’t see being shifted.

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I can see Callachan leaving. I think it may be wise to move Amankwaa out on loan to another Scottish club, get him used to the Scottish game and if he performs well offer him a new deal to extend, if not let his contract run out at the end of the season. Martin however I can’t see being shifted.

Also just to note, as we painfully realised last season a successful campaign relies on depth. Those three mentioned are quite a bit down the pecking order, but special mention to the players who know they’ll not be first choice but happy to see the team doing well, such as the youngsters and in particular Ryan Edwards. From his social media and his reactions after the Celtic game he’s just buzzing to be part of the squad, and we know he’s capable of being decent at this level so can be on the bench or fill in if needed. It’s ridiculous what a difference a few months can make.

Dagger Is Back
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

When it does, Dagger, the usual suspects will come out of hiding. 

But enough of that. 

Dimitri, Vanecek and McAuley would make me very happy. 

Big few days ahead I reckon.

Think you're right. I think we'd all be delighted with that. Would be a real statement of intent from the Board. Exciting times 

As posted previously, if we get Demi, big Dave and McAuley then this window has been unbelievable !

The skipper, Djoum, Cochrane, Godhino and Brandon still to come back too ?

**** me !!!! :wub: :wub:

:sweeet:  :fth:

A bit concerned that Gerard’s says The Huns

are still looking for a CB.

Think they are the only threat to us getting McAuley.