Up to other teams now to take points off Celtic....!

Section Q

Hope Rangers Hibs and Aberdeen can get something off Celtic. Would love to see a more open competition for a change. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Whatever benefits the highest finish for us. Who knows what we want at this point. 

I do think it's the best quality top 6 for some time though 

Could do with the others taking points off each other, it would really benefit us this year if the teams in Europe stayed in Europe for a while.

Edited by jambopilms

As long as we stop throwing silly points away to teams in the lower parts of the table at the same time.

We have just set ourselves a very, very high standard for the season.  It's only 2 games in, but I'm excited to see if we can keep this up!

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Whatever benefits the highest finish for us. Who knows what we want at this point. 

Yeah, me thinks celtic bashing rangers and Aberdeen will help us more over the course of a season, than them two winning more points. 

If celtic get humped out of Europe then I can see them charging on and pissinng the league. 

Folk getting a bit carried away. 

Some were not convinced we could make up twenty odd points to get in about third, now some have us challenging for the league after 2 games. 

I love this place. Never change?

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Dallas Green

If all these games ended in 0-0 draws it would probably suit us.

Although I'd rather the vermin get destroyed each and every game they play.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Yeah, me thinks celtic bashing rangers and Aberdeen will help us more over the course of a season, than them two winning more points. 

If celtic get humped out of Europe then I can see them charging on and pissinng the league. 

Folk getting a bit carried away. 

Some were not convinced we could make up twenty odd points to get in about third, now some have us challenging for the league after 2 games. 

I love this place. Never change?

Its brilliant. Sanity is not something synonymous with JKB! Stick 5 past the Pars on Saturday we will be tying maroon ribbons roon the wee cup

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its brilliant. Sanity is not something synonymous with JKB! Stick 5 past the Pars on Saturday we will be tying maroon ribbons roon the wee cup

Get beat and folk will want CL sacked, again. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Get beat and folk will want CL sacked, again. 

Oh aye

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Could do with the others taking points off each other, it would really benefit us this year if the teams in Europe stayed in Europe for a while.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Like others have said it’s a double edged sword. The vermin do well against Sevco and Celtic. 

Then again Sevco wet the bed v Celtic  and the sheep wet the bed against all of us (their points in the main come racking in against all and sundry outside Sevco, vermin and filth).

The sheep  look to of signed a very good forward for the season from Man Utd,  the vermin are weakened but look to of signed re-signed some decent players and Sevco are a bit unknown. 

Its going to be a cracking season though I’m sure 

Unless there is a seismic shift in Scottish football this season then all points won against Celtic will once again be bonus points, for all clubs. We have our bonus points in the bag, I don't want Rangers, Aberdeen or Hibs picking up any.

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Hope Rangers Hibs and Aberdeen can get something off Celtic. Would love to see a more open competition for a change. 

Sevco and the vermin will take a couple of points off them but no more. The sheep will shit the bed and gift them 12 points as usual. It's up to us to do all we can. 

43 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

I would like us now to work out how to get points off the other half of the Ugly sisters. 

Our record at Tynie against sevco is p4 w3 d1 since they reformed. We could do better in the weej against both of them though. 

59 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

I would like us now to work out how to get points off the other half of the Ugly sisters. 

No need just wait until big uche ragdolls goldson and Katic and couilbaily will be last seen in harings back pocket :clyay:

NaturalOrder74

Can see sevco getting a point at the unwashed, they look well organised they’re just missing that feel good factor that we’ve got at the moment. Really need to ride this wave for as many points as we can.

Aberdeen will do nothing. They suck up to Celtic and go into every game against them 1-0 down based on their mentality. 

1 hour ago, TheAntiHibee said:

Would love to win against them at their ground

In the last 50 years Hearts have only beaten Celtic at Parkhead 8 times!! Scary. We have won 10 times against them in Glasgow. Definitely something Levein would like to correct on his CV I'd imagine.

John Harvey 1

Alex MacDonald 1 

Joe Jordan 1

Tommy McLean 1   *at Hampden

Jim Jefferies 1

John Robertson 1

Anatoly Korobochka  2

Csaba Laszlo 1

Paulo Sergio 1   *at Hampden

Our record at Ibrox........9 wins in 50 years!!!!!! If you add the Scottish Cup Final win at Parkhead we also have 10 wins in Glasgow in those 50 years.

Bobby Seith 2

John Hagart 1

Alex MacDonald 2

Jim Jefferies 2  *1 at Parkhead

Craig Levein 1

Paulo Sergio 1

Robbie Neilson 1

Edited by magicTs

I'd rather see the others - Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs all slitting each other's throats. Draws all round would be excellent as points disappear into the ether...All the big teams looking at each other and cutting each others throats was how Leicester won the EPL.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Last time Hearts beat Celtic 4-0, was 1895. 

Sure the above would've liked that on their CV's too.

I'm sure they would, this was to show how difficult it is for us to win in Glasgow though so not really sure what your point is. If indeed you have one!

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Our record at Ibrox is even worse.....6 wins in 50 years!!!!!! If you add the Scottish Cup Final win at Parkhead we have 7 wins in Glasgow in those 50 years.

Alex MacDonald 2

Jim Jefferies 2  *1 at Parkhead

Craig Levein 1

Paulo Sergio 1

Robbie Neilson 1

What was the score when Tommy Murray sat on the ball?

10 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You are quite correct that was within the 50 years too, edited above. Led by Bobby Seith we won 3-0 at Ibrox that day.

Edited by magicTs

12 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

1*0 - Donald Ford...Was there with my dad - absolutely stunned the Blue Noses...

1 hour ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Play them at a Tynecastle. They’ve never beat us there.

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, magicTs said:

You are quite correct that was within the 50 years too, edited above. Led by Bobby Seith we won 3-0 at Ibrox that day.

You sure it was 3-0?

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bring up Aberdeen's record through that way in the last 50 years. Hibs.

Aberdeen have won 17 times in Glasgow against Celtic and 16 times against Rangers in that 50 year span.

http://stats.football.co.uk/head_to_head/rangers/vs/aberdeen/index.shtml

Forget Levein, our record in Glasgow is brutal and has been for decades. For me its more of a mentality thing as all too often we approach the game beaten before the off or in a mindset that means we are highly likely to lose. I think we should take a much more positive game plan there as if there is nothing to lose with that approach. Anyway, I was only pointing out to the poster who was saying he would love for us to win on their patch just how rare it is that Hearts have managed that! 

1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

If all these games ended in 0-0 draws it would probably suit us.

Although I'd rather the vermin get destroyed each and every game they play.

Yup.  Tough call.

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You sure it was 3-0?

9 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

1*0 - Donald Ford...Was there with my dad - absolutely stunned the Blue Noses...

leipzig76 you are correct.......

http://londonhearts.com/scores/games/197212021.html

Murray came off the bench in the 3-0 but it was the 1-0 that incident happened. 

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Ha ha they maybe slung points the Losers way last season when they could afford too but if ourselves and say Rangers are pressing then it wont be be happening.As for Aberdeen another of the clubs in thrall to Celtic courtesy of their loaning out players very very unlikely.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

In the same breath I think the gap is getting slighter wider between the rest in the bottom 6 or who are regarded so.

Can’t see many other teams nicking points from them.

Love to be wrong though. 

10 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Aberdeen have won 17 times in Glasgow against Celtic and 16 times against Rangers in that 50 year span.

http://stats.football.co.uk/head_to_head/rangers/vs/aberdeen/index.shtml

Forget Levein, our record in Glasgow is brutal and has been for decades. For me its more of a mentality thing as all too often we approach the game beaten before the off or in a mindset that means we are highly likely to lose. I think we should take a much more positive game plan there as if there is nothing to lose with that approach. Anyway, I was only pointing out to the poster who was saying he would love for us to win on their patch just how rare it is that Hearts have managed that! 

Before the Souness and Murray era at Rangers really took off, Alex MacDonald forged a decent record v both the Old Firm from the mid 80s and into the early 90s. 

Certainly compared to our record in other times. When you say decades it sounds like 40, 50 years of toiling for wins. 

(I know you were pointing out Glasgow record).  

Edited by Debut 4

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Before the Souness and Murray era at Rangers really took off, Alex MacDonald forged a decent record v both the Old Firm from the mid 80s and into the early 90s. 

Certainly compared to our record in other times. When you say decades it sounds like 40, 50 years of toiling for wins. 

(I know you were pointing out Glasgow record).  

Certainly that was a great time for the competitiveness of the league. Ferguson's Aberdeen routinely beat them home and away and as you say Doddie's Hearts had some great wins especially at Tynecastle. Would be superb for the league if we could get back to the stage whereby teams took points off both with the type of consistency. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

In the same breath I think the gap is getting slighter wider between the rest in the bottom 6 or who are regarded so.

Can’t see many other teams nicking points from them.

Love to be wrong though. 

I agree bottom 6 look poor and we have to be doing these teams on their own patches 

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Section Q said:

Great thread mate, maybe the hobos but gers and sheep shat it.

Feels to me that Celtic aren't as strong this season.

Aberdeen much the same as last season.

Rangers are probably a bit better.

Hibs not as strong but will have money to spend.

We have definitely improved.

i still expect Celtic to win the league but it could be an interesting season.

Hackney Hearts
24 minutes ago, magicTs said:

17 of those 33 wins came (not surprisingly) in the 1980s...

(9 against Rangers, 8 against Celtic)

Italian Lambretta

Sevco won’t beat that horrible lot without Lafferty. This is why the amount they are offering is so ****ing rediculous

Edited by Italian Lambretta

9 minutes ago, Haken said:

Feels to me that Celtic aren't as strong this season.

Aberdeen much the same as last season.

Rangers are probably a bit better.

Hibs not as strong but will have money to spend.

We have definitely improved.

i still expect Celtic to win the league but it could be an interesting season.

I just have a feeling that Aberdeen will be a mess this year.

Just now, neonjambo said:

I just have a feeling that Aberdeen will be a mess this year.

I don't think so. They played extremely well in the 2 Burnley fixtures and ground out the win at Dundee. They've brought in the young striker from Man Utd and I think will remain competitive in the top 3 or 4. One thing they have done really well is beat the teams they should be beating and it makes a massive difference to be regularly picking up 3pts instead of 1 by edging these games as often as they have. If we finish above them I think it will mean we are 3rd at worse. 

IveSeenTheLight

All I have seen of them so far is the Rangers game, watched two dreadful teams.

Which can change, granted but I witnessed no imagination that day at all, against a very poor Rangers performance.

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

So, bar the "Golden Fleece Years" wins have been like hen's teeth mostly. 

Exactly. 

7 of them was in the Fergie years, the rest are pretty spread out.

We would all love to have a better record in Glasgow.