Up to other teams now to take points off Celtic....!

Section Q

IveSeenTheLight
5 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

All I have seen of them so far is the Rangers game, watched two dreadful teams.

Which can change, granted but I witnessed no imagination that day at all, against a very poor Rangers performance.

We were extremely poor, lacked creativity and the Morelos sending off , coupled with the offside dive penalty meant Rangers could sit in.

I also think we were jaded after the Burnley game to extra time.

We were poor, but I'd hope for a better performance when we play them next

5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

We were extremely poor, lacked creativity and the Morelos sending off , coupled with the offside dive penalty meant Rangers could sit in.

I also think we were jaded after the Burnley game to extra time.

We were poor, but I'd hope for a better performance when we play them next

Genuine question, do you think Aberdeen have improved the squad? 

51 minutes ago, magicTs said:

leipzig76 you are correct.......

http://londonhearts.com/scores/games/197212021.html

Murray came off the bench in the 3-0 but it was the 1-0 that incident happened. 

Was at that game as well and iirc it was Bobby Prentice's- My absolute hero..The Runner as Celtic fans called him-first game after signing from the Tims and he absolutely destroyed Sandy Jardine that day.

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Haken said:

Genuine question, do you think Aberdeen have improved the squad? 

As it stands, probably not.

were a bit light in depth, but then again are seeing some youth come through.

Anderson has had a couple of great games coming on as a sub up front. Scored against Rangers and cracked an effort off the bar on Saturday.

Wilson coming in may be good, but we have to see how he adapts to Scottish football

In midfield, we have a lot of options, but likely to miss McLean.

In defence, Devlin has been Briliant. were light because of injuries and suspensions (Logans 3 match ban for cupping his ears to the Celtic fans last year is so laughable when they ignore the Morelos / Brown and Naismiths incidents)

Lewis is still strong in goals.

I'd like to think we can still get in 1 or 2 more, but lets see.

I certainly think it will be a lot tighter in the top 6 this year.

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Anderson has had a couple of great games coming on as a sub up front. Scored against Rangers and cracked an effort off the bar on Saturday.

Wilson coming in may be good, but we have to see how he adapts to Scottish football

In defence, Devlin has been Briliant. were light because of injuries and suspensions (Logans 3 match ban for cupping his ears to the Celtic fans last year is so laughable when they ignore the Morelos / Brown and Naismiths incidents)

:thumb:

9 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

To sum up: we’ve had our fun but now we’re on the decline and it’s time to step aside and let the big boys play. 

2 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

I would like us now to work out how to get points off the other half of the Ugly sisters. 

This and regular pumping of the wee team and we’ll be up there challenging.

IveSeenTheLight
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

To sum up: we’ve had our fun but now we’re on the decline and it’s time to step aside and let the big boys play. 

Nah, we don’t have a defeatist mentality like yourself Nookie.

4 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It's funny how you often never even know of the injustices other teams face following OF matches...I didn't know of this one. EDIT: Was only 2 matches for the sending off and perhaps only two because Aberdeen appealed and lost...(below)

I did see the compo penalty given to Rangers following the Morelos red. Highly predictable...

SHAY Logan will start next season with a three-match ban after Aberdeenfailed to overturn the defender’s red card from Sunday’s clash with Celtic.

The full-back was sent-off by referee Craig Thomson for violent conduct after the full-time whistle as he celebrated Aberdeen's 1-0 victory at Parkhead that secured them second spot.

The 30-year-old became embroiled with a number of the Celtic players and appeared to push Mikael Lustig in the face before being pursued towards the tunnel by Dedryck Boyata.

The Pittodrie outfit appealed the decision but that was dismissed at a fast track tribunal hearing.

Logan will now serve a two-game suspension for Sunday’s red card, but was already facing a ban for Aberdeen’s opening league game of next season after going over the Scottish FA’s six-caution disciplinary threshold with his booking in the recent 1-1 draw with Rangers.

Edited by Spellczech

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Spellczech said:

wrote utter rubbish so deleted

Doesn't normally stop you. 

:fonzie:

Quite pleased to have gotten Celtic at the time we did and got the virst game against them out the way during this period of 'unrest' for them.

On Saturday, they very much looked like they were there for the taking. Certainly, their performance wasn't one which you'd expect form a side who you'd say are about to stroll the league comfortably.

That said, I'm sure they will come good and normal service will be resumed, hence the benefits of playing them in match 2 rather than match 11 for example.  

2 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Doesn't normally stop you. 

:fonzie:

Haha Yeah but this was pure unadulterated garbage. Even I couldn't brassneck it out...

IveSeenTheLight
On 13/08/2018 at 23:15, Spellczech said:

I did see the compo penalty given to Rangers following the Morelos red. Highly predictable...

As you say, highly predictable.

was offside by Coulibally before the Windass  dive  ;)

It should have been ten

Clubs should give their groundsmen the week off when they’re due to play Brenda’s bawbags

:leveinproblem:

On 13/08/2018 at 18:14, magicTs said:

I don't think so. They played extremely well in the 2 Burnley fixtures and ground out the win at Dundee. They've brought in the young striker from Man Utd and I think will remain competitive in the top 3 or 4. One thing they have done really well is beat the teams they should be beating and it makes a massive difference to be regularly picking up 3pts instead of 1 by edging these games as often as they have. If we finish above them I think it will mean we are 3rd at worse. 

By all accounts aberdeen probably should have 1 point so far but have 4. Even if poor this season they will still hit 60points imo 

They have set the bench mark for 2nd at around 72-75points.  

This season we should be looking at getting 40+ points at home.  Our away form will define our season and we need to take more points when away from home v top 6 teams to get into europe. 

On 13/08/2018 at 15:51, TheAntiHibee said:

Would love to win against them at their ground

This is the sticking point.

Beating them at Tynecastle is relatively easy. Getting points against them away is the hard part. Off the top of my head, I'm struggling to think of more than five occasions in which we've won or drawn at Parkhead.

julienbrellier
On 13/08/2018 at 17:30, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Yeah, me thinks celtic bashing rangers and Aberdeen will help us more over the course of a season, than them two winning more points. 

If celtic get humped out of Europe then I can see them charging on and pissinng the league. 

Folk getting a bit carried away. 

Some were not convinced we could make up twenty odd points to get in about third, now some have us challenging for the league after 2 games. 

I love this place. Never change?

Many of us do tend to get carried away here I have to admit.  I like the belief though. I don´t think you get this among other fans of the teams outside the Old Firm when they get off to a good start or have a confident squad. I think one day someone outside the Old Firm will win the league and that is likely to be us which is why fans get a bit over-excited. There´s something about the club when things are going well they are brilliant and that togetherness if felt right through the club, fans, the community and beyond. I´m not saying it will be this season, it almost certainly won´t be but we have come the closest to doing it over the last 20 years. 98 we finished what 8/9 points behind and were right up there with a chance even at the beginning of April, 2005/06 we should have won the league had it not been for the Romanov meddling and I seem to recall a sort of title challenge in 2010 where we won 10 games in a row or something and were within a couple of points of the top in late January. 

2 hours ago, Stokesy said:

This is the sticking point.

Beating them at Tynecastle is relatively easy. Getting points against them away is the hard part. Off the top of my head, I'm struggling to think of more than five occasions in which we've won or drawn at Parkhead.

Draws in Glasgow would be enough as long as we did the business in other games.

Ministry MK2
On 13/08/2018 at 23:03, IveSeenTheLight said:

Nah, we don’t have a defeatist mentality like yourself Nookie.

Aberdeen’s defeatist attitude against the OF is embarrassing. Sh!t the bed at home to Rangers again.

IveSeenTheLight
On 15/08/2018 at 10:22, Ministry MK2 said:

Aberdeen’s defeatist attitude against the OF is embarrassing. Sh!t the bed at home to Rangers again.

Maybe, the Morelos sending off ruined the game in my opinion.

The season is early, still plenty of time.

kirkierobroy

Notice how the top six and bottom six are pretty much divided as they'll be come May?

Keep going you Jambos. Do it for yourselves, but you'll also benefit Scottish football as well.