Vanecek Signs Pre-Contract

El Diez

scott herbertson

On the basis of youtube videos and a proper sounding football name, I'm saying he will be a cracking signing

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobar PHM

• Agentjambo

• Jambof3tornado

• Fubar_Stef

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I can't get it out of my head that our biggest signing of the summer hasn't been announced yet.

No names but I just cannot get rid of this feeling.

John McGinn, swap for Martin & Sammon?

Looks suited to the Scottish game.......think he’ll arrive sooner rather later now the deal has been made public.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Looks suited to the Scottish game.......think he’ll arrive sooner rather later now the deal has been made public.

The way I read it we're happy for him to sign in January. Probably makes more sense for him to, probably going to have to give Sammon and Martin money because nobody is going to pay money for either

Just now, jacklivi1874 said:

I think Sammon and Martin will go out on loan and thats at best sadly 

Sammon will but Martin?  Who is going to take a punt on him even on loan?  Offer him a payoff and be done with it. 

23 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Lafferty must be going to rangers. 

Lafferty is going nowhere, he's our best striker and will play along side Vanecek, whether that be now or in Jan.

Jambof3tornado

Why an 18 month deal? We seem to be going too far the other way now length wise If he comes in and does well we might struggle to keep him or make much moving him on?

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Why an 18 month deal? We seem to be going too far the other way now length wise If he comes in and does well we might struggle to keep him or make much moving him on?

Because it could easily go the other way or perhaps the lad wanted 18 months to get himself noticed in the British game? 18 months/2 years should be the maximum for players the club know very little about. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Juanjo15 said:

Because it could easily go the other way or perhaps the lad wanted 18 months to get himself noticed in the British game? 18 months/2 years should be the maximum for players the club know very little about. 

I'm also thinking it may be an 18 month deal with us having qst option for an extra 12 months. Makes more sense.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Juanjo15 said:

Ye, and it's what we have to do now business wise probably. Anne Budge must have had to rip up so many contracts in the last few years

The Internet
24 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

John McGinn, swap for Martin & Sammon?

I'd rather just give them Martin and Sammon without taking McGinn. 

jacklivi1874

I think (only my opinion) that maybe the big man might  here before Jan.We have dug our heels in  maybe a compromise for all concerned is around the corner , can but hope, though happy we signed David Re 

Contract lengths are a tough one 3years deal and he is shite then we are stuck with him,18 month deal and he is great and he could leave for nowt catch 22.

The player also clearly has a big say in what they want.

47 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I'm not going to post all the reasons why this isn't going to happen, I am going to politely ask you to expand on why you think this is going to happen. 

August Landmesser
17 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Now the owl's gone, we could put him up in the new stand to scare away pigeons.

18 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Take McGinn, play him in reserves and weaken the Hubz in the process...???

gorgieheart
1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Must  he  ?

apt name you have !

27 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I'm not going to post all the reasons why this isn't going to happen, I am going to politely ask you to expand on why you think this is going to happen. 

I know he's not going, it was a dig at people who wet themselves about Lafferty leaving such as the ones who thought he was away because he posted a photo of a blue sky and tagged a juice company in it. Lafferty has said countless times he loves it here and I can't see Craig being in a rush to get shot of him especially to a rival.  

6 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I know he's not going, it was a dig at people who wet themselves about Lafferty leaving such as the ones who thought he was away because he posted a photo of a blue sky and tagged a juice company in it. Lafferty has said countless times he loves it here and I can't see Craig being in a rush to get shot of him especially to a rival.  

Good explanation, apologies for missing the irony! 

54 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I'm also thinking it may be an 18 month deal with us having qst option for an extra 12 months. Makes more sense.

Definitely. I know it’s hard not to get worked up when we sign a player who we think might turn out great but over the last 3 years it’s ended with our fingers burned so very sensible. 

55 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Ye, and it's what we have to do now business wise probably. Anne Budge must have had to rip up so many contracts in the last few years

?

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Was 18 month and we had an option i believe. Gave him time to get fit , show what he had and push on and us benefit.

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Good explanation, apologies for missing the irony! 

Its easy to read things the wrong way online and it was funnier in my head. 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Was 18 month and we had an option i believe. Gave him time to get fit , show what he had and push on and us benefit.

if he had signed in this window would that not in effect be a 2 year contract ?  A 1 1/2  year would have seen him leaving mid season 19/20. 

Fxxx the SPFL
18 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Crikey 

Lafferty 6ft 4

Ikpeazu 6ft 3

Vanecek 6ft 4

MacLean 6ft 2

Is McLean 6ft 2 doesn't look it

11 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Is McLean 6ft 2 doesn't look it

He won't next to the rest of our strike force. :D

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

£1m

Yes, I would.  I would prefer to keep him but in that scenario it might be pointless.

I have weighed up his value to the team and while I accept it depends largely on the player's attitude, two things could happen

1. He is not going to bust a gut for us in case he gets injured.  He may then lose out on a big signing-on fee.

2. If he does get a serious injury like Paterson did, the deal could be shelved, we've lost out on £1m.

If we turned down a £10k fee in January, and Lafferty then got injured, how would we have lost out on £1m?????????

35 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

If we turned down a £10k fee in January, and Lafferty then got injured, how would we have lost out on £1m?????????

Sorry I read that first figure as £1m.

I presume you are referring to the 5 figure sum we have offered Teplice.

Well, if Rangers offered £10k I wouldn't let him go but if they offered £99,999 then I would take it.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Crikey 

Lafferty 6ft 4

Ikpeazu 6ft 3

Vanecek 6ft 4

MacLean 6ft 2

Big fizzical Hearts!!

6 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

I can't get it out of my head that our biggest signing of the summer hasn't been announced yet.

Same here. Later this week or early next week 

Alex Kintner
40 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Big fizzical Hearts!!

The media will be looking up their antonyms as we speak.

Famous 1874

Hopefully can get this lad in for the start of the season which will leave us with (hopefully) 4 strong strikers. I’d a decision on Zanatta’s future to be discussed soon and i’d also expect Keena and/or Currie to go out on a development loan. 

Hopefully 1 big player to come in, only question in what position.

rudi must stay
8 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

I think, from Levein's comments, Naismith is that man. And he's absolutely delighted to get him

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 hours ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Hopefully can get this lad in for the start of the season which will leave us with (hopefully) 4 strong strikers. I’d a decision on Zanatta’s future to be discussed soon and i’d also expect Keena and/or Currie to go out on a development loan. 

Hopefully 1 big player to come in, only question in what position.

Winger

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

6 foot 8 inches makes him the biggest sugning so far. 

Was answering question about what position next player to come in will be dave

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Was answering question about what position next player to come in will be dave

I know. It was a poor sttempt at humour. ?

17 hours ago, babertonjambo said:

Guess or ITK?

17 hours ago, babertonjambo said:

Guess or ITK?

Bmaybe itk, maybe not. Depends on quality of source. 

16 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

sounds like a guess. 

Not a guess. Just passing on what I heard. Couple of posters can confirm I gave them a heads up. Not giving away source. 

Lets just say a big atackibg midfielder from down south would like to play for us.

still to do a deal though.  

BobbyJenkins
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not a guess. Just passing on what I heard. Couple of posters can confirm I gave them a heads up. Not giving away source. 

Lets just say a big atackibg midfielder from down south would like to play for us.

PM please :)

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Is it the boy mentioned on the other thread?