• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobar PHM

• Agentjambo

• Jambof3tornado

• Fubar_Stef

Cruyff Turn
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What is the latest with him? Sorry, not read (any of) this thread.  Still no paw print?

He's signed mate. Joins in January. We've made an offer for him to come now, £50,000-90,000 I'd imagine but Teplice aren't willing to accept that because he's their main man and they haven't got a replacement. 

If we sell Lafferty, I think we'll maybe up our offer and get him in now. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He's signed mate. Joins in January. We've made an offer for him to come now, £50,000-90,000 I'd imagine but Teplice aren't willing to accept that because he's their main man and they haven't got a replacement. 

If we sell Lafferty, I think we'll maybe up our offer and get him in now. 

Great news but we are bursting at the seams. I am assuming Levein has plans of shipping  a few bodies out on loan.  We certainyl have the 'big physical centre forward' area well and truly covered now.  

Edited by i8hibsh

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Great news but we are bursting at the seams. I am assuming Levein has plans of shipping  a few bodies out on loan.  We certainyl have the 'big physical centre forward' area well and truly covered now.  

Yeah, he said as much recently that he needs to get rid off a few. Reckon we could still being a few in as well. 

Big Lafferty

Big Uche Ik Pea Soup

Steven Mclean

David Vanacek

Ooooft

Edited by i8hibsh

Apologies if it's been touched on already but is the pre-contract binding? Would be sare to bare if he banged in goals for Teplice between now and January, attracted attention elsewhere and could walk away from Hearts. 

Iirc, these pre-contract things aren't actually a 100% legal commitment.  

Escobar PHM
13 minutes ago, martoon said:

Apologies if it's been touched on already but is the pre-contract binding? Would be sare to bare if he banged in goals for Teplice between now and January, attracted attention elsewhere and could walk away from Hearts. 

https://www.blakemorgan.co.uk/training-knowledge/features-and-articles/enforceability-pre-contracts-football/

Doesn't make it massively clear really but mentions a case between Ross County and St Johnstone where Ross County agreed to pay St Johnstone compensation after their player changed his mind on a pre-contract. This was done 'out of court' though. I imagine it would be difficult, and probably expensive to legally do anything should Vanecek change his mind and stay with Teplice, however I think we'd have a case if he actually signed for another club (i.e not Teplice). That's my reading of it anyway.

I'm more worried that he'll get injured before he comes to us and we'd still have to sign him and pay him ?

We should really check the biscuit tin again and see if we cant eek out a bit more to get him now, unless the fee being demanded is outrageous of course.

Edited by Escobar PHM

27 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

https://www.blakemorgan.co.uk/training-knowledge/features-and-articles/enforceability-pre-contracts-football/

Doesn't make it massively clear really but mentions a case between Ross County and St Johnstone where Ross County agreed to pay St Johnstone compensation after their player changed his mind on a pre-contract. This was done 'out of court' though. I imagine it would be difficult, and probably expensive to legally do anything should Vanecek change his mind and stay with Teplice, however I think we'd have a case if he actually signed for another club (i.e not Teplice). That's my reading of it anyway.

I'm more worried that he'll get injured before he comes to us and we'd still have to sign him and pay him ?

We should really check the biscuit tin again and see if we cant eek out a bit more to get him now, unless the fee being demanded is outrageous of course.

I agree. Keep talking with Teplice, there's bound to be a fee that will be fine with both parties, and get him now. If he hits 15+ goals in Czech football wealthier clubs may start sniffing around, or, as you suggest, injury may strike. 

Cheers for the reply, bud. 

54 minutes ago, martoon said:

When we signed Ian Black on a pre-contract agreement, Terry Butcher tried to be a smart arse and play the ‘not legally binding’ card and tried to convince him to change his mind. Blackie went on to win the cup and Butt-hurt got the vermin relegated a couple of years later. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1161079/Inverness-star-Black-wont-Hearts-deal-despite-Butcher-hint.html

:lol:

Edited by Bez

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Big Lafferty

Big Uche Ik Pea Soup

Steven Mclean

David Vanacek

Ooooft

Big Connor as well ?

2 hours ago, Bez said:

When we signed Ian Black on a pre-contract agreement, Terry Butcher tried to be a smart arse and play the ‘not legally binding’ card and tried to convince him to change his mind. Blackie went on to win the cup and Butt-hurt got the vermin relegated a couple of years later. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1161079/Inverness-star-Black-wont-Hearts-deal-despite-Butcher-hint.html

:lol:

As if he'd have backed out. I remember him saying the '09/10 season couldn't come quick enough. 

Csaba could maybe do with the 'gladbach youngsters, btw. Dundee U are not good. :)

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

As if he'd have backed out. I remember him saying the '09/10 season couldn't come quick enough. 

Csaba could maybe do with the 'gladbach youngsters, btw. Dundee U are not good. :)

Oh yeah, mind that! Poor old Csaba, he tried really hard to do what he could in really difficult circumstances for us. Really positive guy. I quite like him in all honesty.

3 minutes ago, Bez said:

Oh yeah, mind that! Poor old Csaba, he tried really hard to do what he could in really difficult circumstances for us. Really positive guy. I quite like him in all honesty.

Aye. Good bloke and highly thought of by fans of Ferencvaros and in Uganda. 

13 minutes ago, martoon said:

Aye. Good bloke and highly thought of by fans of Ferencvaros and in Uganda. 

Yep. Hope he makes a go of it at United. Used to meet him around the canal pretty regularly when I lived around Leamington way. Always happy to stop and chat. ?

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Bez said:

He tried to sign that guy Steven McLean for us, what happened to him ??

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Bez said:

I like Csaba a lot as a guy. He's an utter utter gobshite of course, but he's got a really nice way about him. Who doesn't like happy enthusiasts?

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I like Csaba a lot as a guy. He's an utter utter gobshite of course, but he's got a really nice way about him. Who doesn't like happy enthusiasts?

Was funny when Robbo kicked him up the arse 

:robbo:

5 hours ago, martoon said:

Black was in hospitality on Sunday, loves Hearts,  said he would walk to Tynecastle to sign for us and tried a few times to get back towards the end of his career.

I was pretty pissed but i'm sure he said all that. 

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, Smithee said:

Will never catch on 

6 hours ago, graygo said:

Black was in hospitality on Sunday, loves Hearts,  said he would walk to Tynecastle to sign for us and tried a few times to get back towards the end of his career.

I reckon you're on safe ground there, intoxicated or not. Sounds exactly the kind of thing Ian would say. :)

I'd have loved to have seen him back in maroon, btw. Pity it never happened. 

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

I reckon you're on safe ground there, intoxicated or not. Sounds exactly the kind of thing Ian would say. :)

Me too...the 2012 Black was brilliant for us. He just left too early I guess.

Players rarely succeed when returning to a club...there are exceptions tho...Rudi, Robbo even Dave MacPherson did well 2nd time around for us.

6 hours ago, graygo said:

19 minutes ago, martoon said:

12 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Players rarely succeed when returning to a club...there are exceptions tho...Rudi, Robbo even Dave MacPherson did well 2nd time around for us.

Being honest I’m surprised that shite hawk is allowed anywhere near the club. 

6 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Aye. Only circumstances prevented him staying/returning. We certainly could have done with his drive and passion in  2013/14. Not claiming that his presence would kept us in the Premier but it would have helped. 

Met Ian around 2010/11. Great lad.  

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Nothing like a bit of early morning controversy. :lol:

Unknown user
7 hours ago, Dunks said:

Was funny when Robbo kicked him up the arse 

:robbo:

It was! That was at Murrayfield wasn't it?

5 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

:notsure:

Just now, Des Lynam said:

I am. He bet against Hearts whilst playing for us. 

Subhuman scum. 

I prefer to remember him for his MoM performance in the 2012 cup final.

7 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Subhuman scum. 

He was charged 3 times for betting against his team winning over a 9 year period. In that time he played for ICT, Hearts and Rangers.

It was never announced which team(s) he actually bet against.

Escobar PHM
9 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Subhuman scum. 

In which games did he bet against us ?

Escobar PHM
Just now, Thomaso said:

He was charged 3 times for betting against his team winning over a 9 year period. In that time he played for ICT, Hearts and Rangers.

Pretty sure one of them was disclosed as being East Stirling vs Rangers, where he backed the draw and actually scored for Rangers in a 4-2 win..........lol

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

In which games did he bet against us ?

Going by the reports at the time there was never any confirmation he had bet against Hearts winning.

Escobar PHM
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Going by the reports at the time there was never any confirmation he had bet against Hearts winning.

Correct

AND - Subhuman scum ?

A died in the wool lifelong Hearts fan from a Hearts family and a cup winning player who played a major part in one the greatest wins in our entire history, who also went painting and decorating whilst playing for Hearts and not receiving wages for it and did it without a grumble or a second thought. In fact he publicly made light of it.

Subhuman scum indeed !!

Edited by Escobar PHM

4 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Correct

AND - Subhuman scum ?

A died in the wool lifelong Hearts fan from a Hearts family and a cup winning player who played a major part in one the greatest wins in our entire history, who also went painting and decorating whilst playing for Hearts and not receiving wages for it and did it without a grumble or a second thought. In fact he publicly made light of it.

Subhuman scum indeed !!

Absolutely this. 

Would have walked over hot coals to play for the club.  Knew what 19/5/12 meant to everyone connected to HMFC and did everything he could to make it happen.

Buy him a pint any day of the week.

11 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Correct

AND - Subhuman scum ?

Subhuman scum indeed !!

"Subhuman scum" should be reserved for Celtic fans that spit on young ball boys - not a hero of one of our greatest ever games. 

Escobar PHM
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

"Subhuman scum" should be reserved for Celtic fans that spit on young ball boys - not a hero of one of our greatest ever games. 

Indeed

Anyway. The boy Vanecek ??

Dagger Is Back
39 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Subhuman scum. 

Has your account been hacked? Subhuman scum? 

Totally out of order 

Just now, Escobar PHM said:

Indeed

Anyway. The boy Vanecek ??

On the basis of that video -

£400k for Laff

£200k for Vanecek

MIght be good business?

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

On the basis of that video -

£400k for Laff

£200k for Vanecek

MIght be good business?

200k for 5 months work ? That's one hell of a chunk ?

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Subhuman scum. 

I'd heard that Des was suffering from dementia.

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Well he's wouldn't have bet against Rangers in the bottom league!!! So that leaves two...My money would be on ICT as he was an Hearts fan, but there are plenty of Hearts fans who bet against Hearts on basis that it makes defeat less sore if they win money on it...