Haring

Clear few

Cruyff Turn
28 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

I agree , point should have been made separately .

Still valid point though

I get he can play midfield mate, he does a job, but we're playing with a back 3 and Hughes can't play every week. 

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clear few

• Sooperstar

• rudi must stay

• Bridge of Djoum

15 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I get he can play midfield mate, he does a job, but we're playing with a back 3 and Hughes can't play every week. 

You get he can play midfield , an awful lot of people don't . Even though he has played in midfield a large chunk of his career we are still getting the 'why we playing a CH in midfield' nonsense 

As I said my post should not have been linked to yours

4 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

You get he can play midfield , an awful lot of people don't . Even though he has played in midfield a large chunk of his career we are still getting the 'why we playing a CH in midfield' nonsense 

He looks like a centre half in midfield. His commitment is admirable and from what ive seen his strengths are defensive.

But if we are judging him purely as a midfielder, then he's not very good.

8 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

He looks like a centre half in midfield. His commitment is admirable and from what ive seen his strengths are defensive.

But if we are judging him purely as a midfielder, then he's not very good.

He's certainly not Fultonesque but as a hardworking midfielder , creating space for better players I think he does a good job .

I would expect when Djoum and others are fit again he wouldn't be first choice in that position but good to know he can be used there 

Cruyff Turn
18 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Got you. A lot of people will use that as an excuse to have a pop at Levein as well. :thumbsup:

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Got you. A lot of people will use that as an excuse to have a pop at Levein as well. :thumbsup:

You are correct . I didn't say anything about Levein because , basically , it's a given .

Think Hughes was played yesterday to give him game time . If it had gone wrong Haring could have moved back .

Yes Hughes was a bit rusty but I think its great we have somebody like that as backup

Cruyff Turn
Just now, johnthomas said:

You are correct . I didn't say anything about Levein because , basically , it's a given .

Think Hughes was played yesterday to give him game time . If it had gone wrong Haring could have moved back .

Yes Hughes was a bit rusty but I think its great we have somebody like that as backup

Agree entirely chief. 

Clerry Jambo

Guy looks a decent addition, however put him in the back 3 and try form a partnership with Cap and Soapy for the harder challenges ahead.

Once Cochrane and Djoum fit, he will be back there anyway

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Clear few said:

I realise this will rule some of the Rose tinted spec wearers but loving Brellier as I did at the time he was however severely limited as a player.

Hard tackler, scary af but I cannot remember him having any range of passing or being a goal threat.

Haring on the other hand appears to have a bit of both (so far) and excellent positional sense to boot.

Then again I never really got the Bruno love in either ?

You are correct about Brellier, Aguilar was a far better player who could sit or play further forward.  

It’s hard to judge Haring on what we’ve seen so far, not sure his touch is good enough to play midfield in our 100mph league.

As for Bruno I loved his attitude, ability to play all across the back line and in midfield. Wonderful technique for a defender, brought Ritchie and McManus on too. He was also a dirty ******* who knew when to foul, got carried away at Ibrox when we had 4 sent off though.

How many players have we had that played for Juventus and only had to leave because Baggio hated him?

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You are correct about Brellier, Aguilar was a far better player who could sit or play further forward.  

It’s hard to judge Haring on what we’ve seen so far, not sure his touch is good enough to play midfield in our 100mph league.

As for Bruno I loved his attitude, ability to play all across the back line and in midfield. Wonderful technique for a defender, brought Ritchie and McManus on too. He was also a dirty ******* who knew when to foul, got carried away at Ibrox when we had 4 sent off though.

How many players have we had that played for Juventus and only had to leave because Baggio hated him?

Interesting didn’t know that re Baggio?

Bruno was dirty but tended to get away with it, whereas  Brellier and Adao last season were booked  for looking at the ref the wrong way.

Maybe Brunos cosa nostra hitman style and psycho stare put the skitters up the refs.

Back to Haring though and his timing of tackles and interceptions of play through midfield hopefully augers well for when he drops back to defence and Cochrane returns to the MF. 

I think defensive midfielders always divide opinion at Hearts. Everyone seems to expect them to be modern day Viera’s.

The main one that didn’t was Salvatori - but even then not sure as JKB didn’t exist....

Yup Jammy T forums do tend to encourage too much navel gazing and introspections day encourage zoomers with agendas or just stupid ideas ?

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Clear few said:

Interesting didn’t know that re Baggio?

Bruno was dirty but tended to get away with it, whereas  Brellier and Adao last season were booked  for looking at the ref the wrong way.

Maybe Brunos cosa nostra hitman style and psycho stare put the skitters up the refs.

Back to Haring though and his timing of tackles and interceptions of play through midfield hopefully augers well for when he drops back to defence and Cochrane returns to the MF. 

Yeah I think he either injured Baggio or just kept kicking him all the time so when Naggio signed for Juve he insisted they get rid of Bruno.

I haven’t seen Haring at CH so far but he has to better than Hughes.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I think he either injured Baggio or just kept kicking him all the time so when Naggio signed for Juve he insisted they get rid of Bruno.

Bruno was a cult hero in my eyes. Everyone talks about marquee signings. I would say bringing him in was one. 

rudi must stay
11 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Guy looks a decent addition, however put him in the back 3 and try form a partnership with Cap and Soapy for the harder challenges ahead.

Once Cochrane and Djoum fit, he will be back there anyway

You still need a ball winner and he is exactly that. Hes the guy that allows our attacking players to play and not spend the whole match worrying (as happened last season) and he has a good passing range too, with Berra at the back even if they do get through our midfield things are looking quite brilliant :D

Edited by rudi must stay

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hughes is alright. Put him up v a pacy winger he can defend him well and he is a consistent and steady player. I used to not like Hughes but I can totally understand why Levein and McPhee rate him

vlad on the tyne

Similar to Darren Barr at centre mid. Would rather have a proper midfielder in there as haring doesn't look comfortable there. 

sandylejambo

I was a bit critical of Haring during the game but as it went on and other players got better, he just did what he had been doing, being the protection before the back three and pushing us further up the park, I noticed he was quite good at the roll he had been given, our biggest problem was Hughes was rusty and when it went wrong it was behind Haring and not his fault, even the captain got caught a couple of times, which made us in the stands question other parts of the team, which was a bit unfair on the  defensive midfielder. He never hid or stopped running, he might not be first pick as a midfielder but he'll do a job wherever he's asked to play.

Sweeping behind the midfield and in front of a back three, allowing others the freedom to get forward. He is very fit and athletic and gets box to box quickly. He times his moves forward, and understands his role. If we are to be pushing forward more, opposing coaches will be looking to counter-attack us. I thought he was very effective and if you were a team mate you would appreciate what he was doing, he missed a few passes but in general linked well. It is a squad game and from what I have seen he will be a good addition, I am pretty sure he will start against Hamilton. But there is going to be competition for midfield positions when all are available, that can only be good, and I am happy for Haring to be part of that as well as cover for elsewhere.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
On 7/24/2018 at 23:05, kila said:

Towards the end he reminded me of early days Tziolis strolling around midfield during the brief honeymoon period.

Hope we keep playing him in midfield.

early days tziolis haha he was here a few weeks

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Hughes is alright. Put him up v a pacy winger he can defend him well and he is a consistent and steady player. I used to not like Hughes but I can totally understand why Levein and McPhee rate him

Yeah like he did up at Dundee against Kamara? Every single Inverness attack that caused any problems on Sunday came down his side, on at least two occasions Berra had to go over and cover for him and Souttar. He should only be used in extreme circumstances, we need good players not ones that are alright that Macphee wants to keep fit for NI. 

Haring will surely drop back when other midfielders like Cochrane/Djoum are fit.

Edited by Pasquale for King

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah like he did up at Dundee against Kamara? Every single Inverness attack that caused any problems on Sunday came down his side, on at least two occasions Berra had to go over and cover for him and Souttar. He should only be used in extreme circumstances, we need good players not ones that are alright that Macphee wants to keep fit for NI. 

Haring will surely drop back when other midfielders like Cochrane/Djoum are fit.

Everyone had a poor game v Dundee. And he was played out of position at left back. I would always play him in the big games because he has a calm attitude and I think knows the art of defending very well, Hughes will be better this season because we have more players like him (consistent with a good attitude) and less mavericks who's heads go down when we're losing

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Every single Inverness attack that caused any problems on Sunday came down his side, on at least two occasions Berra had to go over and cover for him and Souttar.

What about when Hughes had to cover for Berra, does that mean you don't rate Berra as well? 

Pasquale for King
53 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Everyone had a poor game v Dundee. And he was played out of position at left back. I would always play him in the big games because he has a calm attitude and I think knows the art of defending very well, Hughes will be better this season because we have more players like him (consistent with a good attitude) and less mavericks who's heads go down when we're losing

Indeed everyone was bad a Dundee but you specifically said he’s good against pacy wingers which is absolute nonsense with no proof to back it up. If he was out of position, he played more games at fullback than anywhere else in his career, when is he ever going to face a pacy winger? Big games? Have you seen him at Easter Road, Ibrox or Celtic Park?

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

What about when Hughes had to cover for Berra, does that mean you don't rate Berra as well? 

When was that? I didn’t see that on Sunday? Hughes is finished and shouldn’t even be at the club.

Whilst I think Hughes is a good player to have on the bench I think it's relevant to acknowledge that Jordan Jones gave him a roasting when we played Killie in the snow 

27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

When was that? I didn’t see that on Sunday?

Within the first 5 minutes. 

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Within the first 5 minutes. 

Probably the first and the last time.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed everyone was bad a Dundee but you specifically said he’s good against pacy wingers which is absolute nonsense with no proof to back it up. If he was out of position, he played more games at fullback than anywhere else in his career, when is he ever going to face a pacy winger? Big games? Have you seen him at Easter Road, Ibrox or Celtic Park?

He was excellent v Barkley from Hibs (the guy on loan from Man City, that may not be his name) at Tynecastle. No but I know how he plays, yes he makes mistakes who doesn't, you don't see his head drop and he is a team player. Only criticism I'd have is his passing, but that looked more adventurous on Sunday and good for him that was all down to his attitude IMO

Edited by rudi must stay

Pasquale for King
Just now, rudi must stay said:

He was excellent v Barkley at Hibs (the guy on loan from Man City, that may not be his name). No but I know how he plays, yes he makes mistakes who doesn't, you don't see his head drop and he is a team player. Only criticism I'd have is his passing, but that looked more adventurous on Sunday and good for him that was all down to his attitude IMO

Barker. It was only about 10 minutes at the end of the game If i remember correctly. Berra rarely makes mistakes, apart from that crossfield pass that rarely hits anything but his opposite numbers forehead. 

I would like us to have a fairly settled team this season and I don’t see Hughes in it. Levein tinkered a lot last season for various reasons, let’s see what happens in the coming months.

rudi must stay
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Barker. It was only about 10 minutes at the end of the game If i remember correctly. Berra rarely makes mistakes, apart from that crossfield pass that rarely hits anything but his opposite numbers forehead. 

I would like us to have a fairly settled team this season and I don’t see Hughes in it. Levein tinkered a lot last season for various reasons, let’s see what happens in the coming months.

10 minutes but he marked him well and that didn't suprise me he has the temperament to do well v tricky players. Berra makes defensive errors too. It's 90 minutes things happen. As I say good pro but we seem to have plenty of them now

Thought Police

I’ve not been on much recently. Were folk actually criticising him? ?

Edited by Thought Police

Lord Beni of Gorgie
On 26/07/2018 at 12:59, Sir Gio said:

Not all players will be "great". Haring has been and will be good. Wasn't afraid to take responsibility on Tues. The fact they shoehorned him in, shows how highly thought of he is already in this side as a leader.

Anyone thinking he will be a regular CM, needs to take a breather, he wont. Stray balls yes, but quite a few did hit the target and he was only doing what most folk are demanding. Looking for a forward ball. Good player for us I believe.

Did the boy a disservice. Very good player for us. A find.

Our best player today for me. Apart from the goals he is the kind of tenacious player we need in the middle of the park. Great start. 

Phil Dunphy

A very good performance from him today, very assured. Too long we’ve let the Hamilton midfield bully us, they didn’t get that chance today and he was a part of that. 

There have been some people calling for him to be moved back into the defensive line.  Not for me.  He constantly links up the play and is a goal threat, too.  Haring's looking like a real find.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 minutes ago, Haken said:

There have been some people calling for him to be moved back into the defensive line.  Not for me.  He constantly links up the play and is a goal threat, too.  Haring's looking like a real find.

Yep. I like him in midfield. Think that's where we'll continue to play him. Excellent signing and Levein proving once again that he's great at spotting a player.

This guy looks a real find.   The team looks as if it's got some real spine to it now. Early days I know, but things are looking good. Can't wait for the Celtic game now.

12 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Yep. I like him in midfield. Think that's where we'll continue to play him. Excellent signing and Levein proving once again that he's great at spotting a player.

He's got a nice touch for a big guy.  Our last Austrian was not bad, too.

51 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

I’ve not been on much recently. Were folk actually criticising him? ?

Have a guess

15 minutes ago, Haken said:

He's got a nice touch for a big guy.  Our last Austrian was not bad, too.

Witteveen?