Sean Clare signs 3 year deal ( updated )

El Diez

jamboinglasgow

If he is coming then its an interesting signing, seems to have interested a lot of good clubs but still very raw.

One thing to bare in mind is that he has not had a pre-season at a club so may take a few weeks to get up to speed before playing.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Deviskan

• Beast Boy

We have absolutely no idea if he’s even in Edinburgh never mind if he had a medical, however I’ll choose to believe the poster. Being a pessimist I’ll also believe the omission of who the medical was for will mean he’s signing for Hibs, which wouldn’t affect us much but would add talent to their squad in an area they’ve drastically reduced in quality since last season. Would love him to join us as you can’t have too many with supposed bags of potential, but I’ve just got a niggly feeling he’ll sign for them.

Stewie Griffin
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

We have absolutely no idea if he’s even in Edinburgh never mind if he had a medical, however I’ll choose to believe the poster. Being a pessimist I’ll also believe the omission of who the medical was for will mean he’s signing for Hibs, which wouldn’t affect us much but would add talent to their squad in an area they’ve drastically reduced in quality since last season. Would love him to join us as you can’t have too many with supposed bags of potential, but I’ve just got a niggly feeling he’ll sign for them.

I don’t want to give to much away regarding my source but it was definitely a medical with Hearts 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Bez said:

I’m really excited about this if it’s true. Whisper it, but... Craig’s actually going for the big prize here. Otherwise he wouldn’t have signed Dikamona, Wighton, and Clare. We would just have went with what we have. ?

If we do fall short but win a cup, I’ll still be celebrating, but... ?

Wait until Huth, Ireland , Clare and Ben Arfa all sign by next week ?

15 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

I don’t want to give to much away regarding my source but it was definitely a medical with Hearts 

Oh boy, oh boy oh boy :jambobanana:

3 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

I hope his squad nickname will be ‘chocolatey’

??? first post iv not taken with a pinch of salt on this thread. Superb ??

Getting back to Sean Clare i'd say that you can never have enough good players in the squad. As an ex manager i always wanted a squad of players that were good enough to challenge and keep that first team position. Competition is what a strong squad is and that's what Hearts need to be successful.

Just now, mitch41 said:

Getting back to Sean Clare i'd say that you can never have enough good players in the squad. As an ex manager i always wanted a squad of players that were good enough to challenge and keep that first team position. Competition is what a strong squad is and that's what Hearts need to be successful.

Who did you manage bud? (Just in case you take this in the wrong context I’m not having a go or a dig. Genuinely interested! Lol)

2 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Who did you manage bud? (Just in case you take this in the wrong context I’m not having a go or a dig. Genuinely interested! Lol)

All amateur teams. Brunswick Star and Castlebrae. 

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

All amateur teams. Brunswick Star and Castlebrae. 

Good stuff was just wondering if our paths crossed at any point. Had an old coach when I was at St Bernard’s who got called Mitch. That was all. HHGH.

I randomly woke up yesterday morning after a Hearts related dream and googled this guy's name for some reason. He still hadn't signed for anyone and there was no recent speculation on where he was going.

Not sure why but I think this guy will be prove to be a great signing if we get it over the line.

The vermin and their "scattergun signing policy" talk just looks even more stupid when piece after piece of the puzzle slots into place.

A quality right sided wing back is exactly what we need. I'm guessing that we might be investing some of the Lafferty cash on this guy now that we don't need to spend it on springing Vanecek from Teplice.

Great news if it's true.

Id welcome him although know nothing about him. His career stats dont look particularly impressive and he has been released soooo without seeing him play it a bit meh.

Hoping we sign him and get a Rightside-Rudi though ?

2 minutes ago, Phage said:

Id welcome him although know nothing about him. His career stats dont look particularly impressive and he has been released soooo without seeing him play it a bit meh.

Hoping we sign him and get a Rightside-Rudi though ?

He's not been released.

He decided not to sign a new contract.

English teams would have to pay a development fee but we don't.

We might throw him a decent signing on fee so we might just be a good option for him.

Sepp's Bladder
4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Which football manager did you play? ?

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

I’ll be honest and say I’ve never been a big fan but he’s been steady enough. However, I think he showed his weakness against St Mirren at the equaliser.

If we are to keep moving forward I think we need to improve that side of the park, both defensively and going forward as we are seeing on our left side.

Even if we don’t sign anyone I think in time Godhino and even Brandon will offer more. 

Tbf Naisy kind of got in his way at that goal when he went steaming in. He was skinned earlier but it didn't happen again after that. He's a solid player for us. 

7 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

So if he's had a medical he should really be announced today then 

You’d think, but for some reason we never tend to do it that way. Maybe he’ll be in attendance at the Motherwell game but IF he signs then I imagine there wouldn’t be an announcement until after tomorrow’s game, most likely from Monday (or whenever the squad and management team are next in for training).

Say he is signed for the equivalent of Mitchell's role but for the right - what would be our best starting 11? We'd definitely have good options off the bench.

3 minutes ago, Bootzilla said:

Say he is signed for the equivalent of Mitchell's role but for the right - what would be our best starting 11? We'd definitely have good options off the bench.

Bobby

Souttar

Berra

Dunne/Hughes/Clevid

Clare

Haring

Lee

Djoum

Mitchell

Naismith

Ikpeazu

I would reckon? That depends on a few factors that we can only presume at the moment though.

Edited by Bez

27 minutes ago, Bez said:

Bobby

Souttar

Berra

Dunne/Hughes/Clevid

Clare

Haring

Lee

Djoum

Mitchell

Naismith

Ikpeazu

I would reckon? That depends on a few factors that we can only presume at the moment though.

:clumshot:

24 minutes ago, Bez said:

Bobby

Souttar

Berra

Dunne/Hughes/Clevid

Clare

Haring

Lee

Djoum

Mitchell

Naismith

Ikpeazu

Looks good - and you'd have strong players like MacLean, Bozanic, Wighton, Chochrane, Godinho etc. if you want to adapt formation. Could be a memorable season.

41 minutes ago, Bez said:

Bobby

Souttar

Berra

Dunne/Hughes/Clevid

Clare

Haring

Lee

Djoum

Mitchell

Naismith

Ikpeazu

Nice team. I do think we've look better with a back four though this season and I imagine Vanecek will be a starter.

How we fit all our players into a formation, I've no idea but it's a good headache for Craig.

Maybe:

Bobby

Smith Souttar Berra Garuccio 

Lee Djoum 

Clare Naismith Mitchell

Vanecek/Uche

I should add that I'm sceptical we will sign Clare so that would probably change my team above.

Edited by Taffin

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Nice team. I do think we've look better with a back four though this season and I imagine Vanecek will be a starter.

How we fit all our players into a formation, I've no idea but it's a good headache for Craig.

Maybe:

Bobby

Smith Souttar Berra Garuccio 

Lee Djoum 

Clare Naismith Mitchell

Vanecek/Uche

It really is a fantastic problem to have, isn’t it? The best part is, that’s a strong team you just put up, and it’s not even got Haring in it, who’s been a stand out this season.

Mine didn’t have Garuccio or Smith...

Neither had Bozanic, McLean, Cochrane,  Morrison, Godinho, MacDonald or Wighton, and as you say Vanacek is still to arrive. ?

Edited by Bez

11 hours ago, Bez said:

I’m really excited about this if it’s true. Whisper it, but... Craig’s actually going for the big prize here. Otherwise he wouldn’t have signed Dikamona, Wighton, and Clare. We would just have went with what we have. ?

If we do fall short but win a cup, I’ll still be celebrating, but... ?

And the voices were getting louder and LOUDER.

3 minutes ago, Bez said:

It really is a fantastic problem to have, isn’t it? The best part is, that’s a strong team you just put up, and it’s not even got Haring in it, who’s been a stand out this season.

Mine didn’t have Garuccio or Smith...

Neither had McLean, Cochrane, MacDonald, and as you say Vanacek is still to arrive. ?

?? indeed! 

Haring has been amazing so far, I completely forgot about him when writing that tbf. He'd certainly be in my strongest 11 in place of Djoum or Lee 

1 minute ago, sairyinthat said:

And the voices were getting louder and LOUDER.

Personally, I’m just enjoying the ride. My hopes and expectations will go up and down with our stats and form. ?

Just now, Barack said:

Scored 10 goals in 4. Took until about October, to score that many last year. 

Already over achieved this season. 

Going by last year’s form, indeed. What if this is just our average form for this season... ?

Just now, Barack said:

If we win at Motherwell by 4 goals...

Thats the spirit. Although, we may only sneak a win but balance it out by knocking eight past Livi... ?

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Seeing Livi's pitch... I'd take 0-1 & no injuries, ta.

Anyway, back on topic...is signing 143, going to be today, or not...?

I’ll go for yes, based purely on waking up in an inexplicably good mood this morning. ?

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Seeing Livi's pitch... I'd take 0-1 & no injuries, ta.

Anyway, back on topic...is signing 143, going to be today, or not...?

The Livi game not at Tynecastle next week? Sat 22nd?

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Yeah. Just whenever we're due at the pellet park, doesn't fill me with happiness. 

Maybe they'll have hoovered most of it up, when we get through there. 

Aye it's a disgrace they haven't been ordered to get rid the majority of the pellets.

16 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Don't think we need anything else. We are solid all over the park. 

Depends on his wage demands but another midfielder isn't what we need. 

Play Naisy up front with big Shuggie....!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A bit of width, could be entirely wrong but I expect a Callum Paterson type action player if this is for real.

Though I will be surprised to see scarf above head all the same

Jambof3tornado
37 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Aye it's a disgrace they haven't been ordered to get rid the majority of the pellets.

I thought I'd read that they company that laid the surface were coming back in to remove excess pellets?

53 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Aren't the pellets there to stop friction burns?

8 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Aren't the pellets there to stop friction burns?

No, they're meant to mimic the bounce of a grass pitch, both underfoot and for the ball

3 hours ago, Bez said:

Bobby

Souttar

Berra

Dunne/Hughes/Clevid

Clare

Haring

Lee

Djoum

Mitchell

Naismith

Ikpeazu

Title winning team. 

:verysmug:

I reckon our strongest eleven would be this (includes Vanecek who joins in January and the assumption that Sean Clare signs)

Bobby 

Smith Souttar Berra

Clare Haring Lee Mitchell

Naismith 

Vanecek Uche 

Then the likes of MacLean (who can start until Vanecek comes in), Wighton, Djoum, Bozanic, Morrison, Cochrane, McDonald, Garuccio, Dikamona, Dunne, Hughes, Doyle can make up the bench

Plus Godinho and Brandon when they return from injury

Then Mulraney and Amankwaa who are perhaps a bit below the required standard at the moment. 

3 hours ago, Bez said:

Bobby

Souttar

Berra

Dunne/Hughes/Clevid

Clare

Haring

Lee

Djoum

Mitchell

Naismith

Ikpeazu

I'd have MacLean in there up front with Uche.  Probably either Lee or Djoum dropping out of the midfield for him, depending on who was in better form at the time.  So probably:

Bobby

Souttar

Berra

Dunne/Hughes/Clevid

Clare

Haring

Lee or Djoum

Mitchell

Naismith

MacLean

Ikpeazu