The ‘It’s coming home’, or not, thread ( merged/updated )

Dusk_Till_Dawn

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Deviskan, i think you should actually read what your typing and reflect.

your behaving like a cyber bully, i it justified to be so callous?

Congratulations on your next post by the way, Tommy. The big 5k!

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• AuldReekie444

• Deviskan

• redjambo

24 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Home advantage definitely seems to help though. Look at Russia this year and South Korea in 2002. South Africa were very unlucky not to get out their group in 2010. 

Yes

Holding the World Cup in countries with very little chance of winning it is probably more important 

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Deviskan, i think you should actually read what your typing and reflect.

your behaving like a cyber bully, i it justified to be so callous?

And there was me thinking he was just an absolute roaster 

3 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Here, I've found it for you...

Now, in your head the above actually translates as:

Interesting stuff!

What about talking pish, stupid statements etc. etc. etc. I don't need to to search to remember what an abusive little xenophobe you are.

4 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

What about talking pish, stupid statements etc. etc. etc. I don't need to to search to remember what an abusive little xenophobe you are.

Oh I think you do...I'd like you to back up that statement please (calling me a xenophobe)?

So please proceed to show me a single post where I've shown 'hatred' towards the English...or have said I hate them?

Regarding you whining about me saying you talk pish...It appears you're willing to give it out, but cry like a little bitch when you get some back.

Maybe time to grow some baws huh SE16...or are they too far buried up Lawson's arse for you to find them?

9 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Oh I think you do...I'd like you to back up that statement please (calling me a xenophobe)?

So please proceed to show me a single post where I've shown 'hatred' towards the English...or have said I hate them?

Regarding you whining about me saying you talk pish...It appears you're willing to give it out, but cry like a little bitch when you get some back.

Maybe time to grow some baws huh SE16...or are they too far buried up Lawson's arse for you to find them?

**** off out of my vision pal for your own good.

3 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH seriously not, did you just threaten me online 'pal'?

What a complete and utter loser.

Tell you what 'pal'...lets hear all about what you're actually suggesting here?

Edited by Deviskan

5 hours ago, Chaps said:

There’s only one way Shaun and Deviskan can sort this 

20FA4CE7-1C98-481C-BB1B-48D12241F4B0.gif

Jet upsets me nowadays :-(

William H. Bonney
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

England were knocked out over 48 hours ago. Can everyone get over it?

Give it 52 years. 

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

England were knocked out over 48 hours ago. Can everyone get over it?

What's interesting...is the people in England, the ones you actually meet and know...are already over it, and are able to take a ribbing (and give it back I might add).

Unlike a few of the characters on here, that seem to equate taking the pish about England getting knocked out as 'hatred, racism' and 'xenophobia'...toe curlingly embarrassing stuff.

Saying 'GIRFUY ENGLAND YOU GOT PUMPED' = You're a RACIST AND A XENOPHOBE!

Literally, hilarious!

SuperstarSteve

Any Scottish born man who is moaning at another Scottish born man for laughing at England getting ****ed out the World Cup, is in my opinion, brain dead. 

We never qualified for Europe, when hibs inevitabley get ****ed out, if you laugh or make fun of them, your a hypocrite.

if you think it isn't the same, it's exactly the same. 

Alex Kintner

Update: 

It’s still not coming home.

:leveinproblem:

SuperstarSteve
4 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Update: 

It’s still not coming home.

It never was anyway as it was us who came up with the rules for football and not them mugs. ?

You are still correct as we are that bad it’s never coming home ?.

An English friend of mine has been posting some cringeworthy stuff on facebook during the WC and his last regarding getting papped out was

"Feel real sorry for the jocks...nowt to bemoan about for a while"

Now I don't know about anybody else but I for one will not "lamenting" them getting papped out rather I will celebrate until next time. Will I ever lament England? Yes but only if they win the thing, so no real chance there then.

I see no reason to correct his little mistake as that would just upset him...........poor lad 

Nookie Bear
27 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

An English friend of mine has been posting some cringeworthy stuff on facebook during the WC and his last regarding getting papped out was

"Feel real sorry for the jocks...nowt to bemoan about for a while"

Now I don't know about anybody else but I for one will not "lamenting" them getting papped out rather I will celebrate until next time. Will I ever lament England? Yes but only if they win the thing, so no real chance there then.

I see no reason to correct his little mistake as that would just upset him...........poor lad 

So shite banter only works one way?

51 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Apparently so. :D

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Apparently so. :D

:jambobanana::greggy::glorious::illogical::sweeet::wavey::wave1::flag2::rudi::jj::omg!::10800::pleasing::av-1001::yas::scenes::byebye:

5 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

icon.png.a63059bf1498ea74b271ed1f12f980b4.png

Deviskan should be worried tbh.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
On 7/12/2018 at 01:13, Brighton Jambo said:

I watched the last two games in the pub, lived in Scotland for the best part of 40 years and genuinely have no issue with folk supporting the opposition we play, it’s a football rivalry after all, it’s what it’s all about.  However what was hard to take was the guys celebrating Croatia goals more crazily then I have ever celebrated an England goal.  Going absolutely bananas.  Can’t get my head round that.  

It's what we do. England losing is about as passionate as we get about international football. When we next play we'll be back to trying to outdo each other with how much we hate our own team too. Hate our enemies, hate ourselves. ?

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

4 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

It's what we do. England losing is about as passionate as we get about international football. When we next play we'll be back to trying to outdo each other with how much we hate our own team too. Hate our enemies, hate ourselves. ?

We ?

Bit too general there, mate.

MacDonald Jardine
9 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

It seems to be.

Having heard how many Scots were supporting England it was heartening to hear the pub erupt at the end of the game on Wednesday. 

What was quite pathetic was grown men (in their 40s at least) using their phones to film the rendition of "They're going home".

Maroon Sailor

World Cup Quarter Finals:
France: 6 letters Uruguay: 7 letters
Brazil: 6 letters Belgium: 7 letters
Sweden: 6 letters England: 7 letters
Russia: 6 letters Croatia: 7 letters
Games played 6th & 7th July. 6 + 7 =13
What equals 13 letters? IT'S COMING HOME

Sandy Clark
14 minutes ago, farin said:

I suppose England can be proud of that the fact they finished as high as 4th, I mean no one expected them to go that far before the tournament begun. The media hyped them up as they always do. 

Belgium beat them twice,  that’s perspective.. 

So they scored a last minute winner against a minnow, beat a team of part timers, won a game on penalties and lost THREE times.

So proud.

Brighton Jambo
25 minutes ago, cmonthegorgie said:

So they scored a last minute winner against a minnow, beat a team of part timers, won a game on penalties and lost THREE times.

So proud.

The media did hype them up but the record books will still show they reached the semi finals.  Over time  people will forget the route just the final position.  And far far better teams than them got nowhere near the semi finals or even the tournament, doesn’t matter how you get there just get there.  Given that fact there is pride in reaching the semis for only the third time in their history.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Brighton Jambo

i am an England fan who has lived in Scotland literally my whole life.  Given that fact I really do ‘get’ the whole rivalry thing, not offended by it in the slightest and actually it’s made my World Cup more fun, it’s been fun noising up and being noised up by friends, colleagues and people on here.  For every point an England fan makes there is a counter point from a Scotland fan and so there should be, it would be a weird rivalry if it was a love in.  My perspective is I am delighted we got to the semis, and I know folk will chuck our easy route, number of defeats, goals from open play, harry Kane’s deflected goal etc at me to burst my happy bubble (again it’s rivalry that’s whats supposed to happen) but I’m still happy.  After 2014 and 2016 (Iceland, shudder) I just didn’t want to be humiliated again so if you had said semi I would have bitten your hand off (literally).  I personally have enjoyed the whole World Cup, the sun has shone and as a bonus it’s been a great ride with England. I will look back on this World Cup with fond memories for many years.  However this will be my last post about England as it’s over, they are out and I want to focus on what I hope is a fitting final for a good tournament then get back to the excitement of domestic football (can’t believe it starts again on Wednesday).  Sorry for the rambling post but I am wake with a small child and I thought this might be cathartic for me to sum up my World Cup feelings, self indulgent I know. 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

21 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

i am an England fan who has lived in Scotland literally my whole life.  Given that fact I really do ‘get’ the whole rivalry thing, not offended by it in the slightest and actually it’s made my World Cup more fun, it’s been fun noising up and being noised up by friends, colleagues and people on here.  For every point an England fan makes there is a counter point from a Scotland fan and so there should be, it would be a weird rivalry if it was a love in.  My perspective is I am delighted we got to the semis, and I know folk will chuck our easy route, number of defeats, goals from open play, harry Kane’s deflected goal etc at me to burst my happy bubble (again it’s rivalry that’s whats supposed to happen) but I’m still happy.  After 2014 and 2016 (Iceland, shudder) I just didn’t want to be humiliated again so if you had said semi I would have bitten your hand off (literally).  I personally have enjoyed the whole World Cup, the sun has shone and as a bonus it’s been a great ride with England. I will look back on this World Cup with fond memories for many years.  However this will be my last post about England as it’s over, they are out and I want to focus on what I hope is a fitting final for a good tournament then get back to the excitement of domestic football (can’t believe it starts again on Wednesday).  Sorry for the rambling post but I am wake with a small child and I thought this might be cathartic for me to sum up my World Cup feelings, self indulgent I know. 

But can you name the Scot who invented paragraphs?

Doubt it.

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

But can you name the Scot who invented paragraphs?

Doubt it.

You don't have to use paragraphs if you don't want to. It's not a literary crime. 

Hot since 86
On 13/07/2018 at 14:42, Deviskan said:

Being a Scottish lad living down South loving the fact they got pumped....why do I still feel that it’s you coming across like the *****?

Alex Kintner
8 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Very balanced post mate. No hyperbole about future tournaments or world domination by England.

Glad you’ve enjoyed the tournament and you and the rest of the England fans should definitely be proud of reaching the semi. Hope the wee one got back to sleep quickly for you ??

Alex Kintner

Just noticed third biggest headline on BBC news:

”Kane on brink of winning World Cup golden boot”

:rofl:

Wonder how many times it’ll get  mentioned during the TV coverage of the final. 

:pleasing:

Ministry MK2
11 hours ago, cmonthegorgie said:

So proud.

Think you are forgetting Sweden. 

Ministry MK2
36 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

I know! It’s ridiculous. The arrogance of mentioning it!

Alex Kintner
13 minutes ago, Ministry MK2 said:

I know! It’s ridiculous. The arrogance of mentioning it!

It reminds me of Hibs losing cup finals but claiming to have won the singing.

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

How long before England is mentioned from the start of the programme ?

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

You don't have to use paragraphs if you don't want to. It's not a literary crime. 

I.

Like.

Paragraphs.

Though.

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I.

Like.

Paragraphs.

Though.

:

D

M

e

T

a

e

:Two

thumbs

up:

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

How long before England is mentioned from the start of the programme ?

Mentioned plenty on 5Live so far. 

:jjyay:

FoH forever

Would like Croatia to win but you just know the media will then turn it around as "we were only beaten by the winners" 

Sandy Clark
6 hours ago, farin said:

The hint of sarcasm in my post was lost on you I see. ?

Apologies Farin. Totally lost on this idiot ?

Sandy Clark
5 hours ago, Ministry MK2 said:

Think you are forgetting Sweden. 

I wasn't......but it didn't suit my argument ?

I thought they played well and controlled most of the game. Certainly deserved winners in that round.

Alex Kintner
14 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Southgate tube station renamed Gareth Southgate :cornette: 

Quite right. Every player should have a postbox in their hometown painted in their honour. 

Painted yellow of course given they shat it at the first decent challenge they faced.

58 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Trippier's also being given the freedom of Bury

:cornette: 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I think Southgate will be embarrassed, apparently HMG wanted some sort of welcoming home ceremony and the FA politely declined

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

I take it passengers won’t be able to change there as a tribute to his tactics.

;)

Edited by Frank1874