Gary Locke Testimonial match v Stoke - July 23 ( Gorgie Club open )

icyellow69

TyphoonJambo
11 hours ago, tynietigers said:

I believe Rudi nor Gary are playing, this will be the first team that will probably start the season 👍🏻 Gary to walk teams out and Rudi for halftime 👊

Rudi must have got himself in a right state if he needs to train to walk 20yards.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elmore

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• John Findlay

jambopilms

Stoke have a better squad than us probably by far. That will surprise loads on here, who will have a tantrum after we get outplayed by a better team.

It will be a good workout for the last game before the season kicks off

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What’s the point in having it as a testimonial though - just so he gets the money from it?

I can’t believe that’s the reason. 🥸

2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What’s the point in having it as a testimonial though - just so he gets the money from it?

You're getting there, slowly.

Edited by DETTY29

3 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

:cornette:

Mr Elwood P
4 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You'd get on really well with my pal Google ...

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I can’t believe that’s the reason. 🥸

I know, what a ridiculous idea, giving a player a testimonial so that he can make a bit of money from it 

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, The Treasurer said:

I know, what a ridiculous idea, giving a player a testimonial so that he can make a bit of money from it 

Don’t be so sarcastic mate

normally in testimonial games the person themselves play or guest players play a part

surely nothing wrong with even just the last 10’mins or something  

The Treasurer
37 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Don’t be so sarcastic mate

normally in testimonial games the person themselves play or guest players play a part

surely nothing wrong with even just the last 10’mins or something  

If the player is still actively playing yes, but not if they have been retired for over a decade. 

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, The Treasurer said:

If the player is still actively playing yes, but not if they have been retired for over a decade. 

Surely even a 5 min run out - wouldn’t harm anyone 

The Treasurer

Are you this hard work in real life? 

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Are you this hard work in real life? 

He doesn't have a real life.

Tasavallan

The last time I saw Stoke, Stanley Matthews was playing and I got Dennis Viollet's signature.  1-2 to Stoke. Willie Wallace scored for Hearts.

Pasquale for King

They could’ve had a legends 5 a side at HT or a penalty shout out. Advertise it so the crowd might be bigger and make Locke more money, whilst helping to cover costs by making some money ourselves on food and in the shop. 

Jambo 4 Ever
57 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He doesn't have a real life.

Says the man who had over 21k posts on here  

Jambo 4 Ever
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They could’ve had a legends 5 a side at HT or a penalty shout out. Advertise it so the crowd might be bigger and make Locke more money, whilst helping to cover costs by making some money ourselves on food and in the shop. 

Yeh something like this would have been better 

8 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Its not compulsory to go, dont fancy it well dont go

And leave the thread to those who are interested , instead of derailing  it , strange behaviour from a Hearts fan imo 

maroonlegions
2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

If we get a pen he comes on scores it then fecks off back to the bench.

Jambo 4 Ever
12 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

If we get a pen he comes on scores it then fecks off back to the bench.

Yeh could even do that 

been here before

Says the man who had over 21k posts on here  

John averages 1742 posts per year. You average 1850 questions per year.

Now this life thing...

19/05/2012
9 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Stoke have a better squad than us probably by far. That will surprise loads on here, who will have a tantrum after we get outplayed by a better team.

It will be a good workout for the last game before the season kicks off

I watched Stoke against Derby last season when Souttar was linked to them and they were shocking

• davemclaren changed the title to Gary Locke Testimonial match v Stoke - July 23 ( Gorgie Club open )
tynietigers
14 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Rudi confirmed.

For halftime 👍🏻 But we all new that anyway.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

You know how they sometimes get kids out for the half time break for a wee 7s game. That would have been better than pens, no?

23 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Rudi confirmed.

22 hours ago, tynietigers said:

For halftime 👍🏻 But we all new that anyway.

Penalty shoot out. Jose Quitongo another. 

RustyRightPeg

Rumours are it could be a bit more than a halftime appearance for Sir Rudi 😉

Westfield Hearts
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

No chance

Rick Sanchez
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I thought it was strange he posted from his personal gym that he needed to get ready for his return...to hit a penalty.

On 08/07/2022 at 12:21, Mr Elwood P said:

You'd get on really well with my pal Google ...

I think he still hasn't got over the demise of Ask Jeeves, which is why he ends up coming on here to ask all his pointless questions.

Prince Buaben

Think this has been a bit slap dash and seems like they have forgot to organise a testimonial match so thrown it together with a Stoke friendly.

It should have been a more jovial and celebratory affair with a say a hearts select v killie/bradford select or Jim Jefferies XI v Paulo Sergio XI. Where we get to see cup winners and cult heroes. Rolling subs and a celebration of a guy living every one of our dreams

Instead it is the last match for the first team sqaud to get fitness and sharpness before the season starts the following week. So the testimonial part of the whole day is in fact just a 15 minute half time show. 

I’m in Spain until end of summer or would absolutely have been there.

Gary Locke is one of the greatest ambassadors for Heart of Midlothian Football Club and there is absolutely no doubt about it he played a massive role in the 5-1 cup win (the greatest day of my life) and I’d much prefer him in the dressing room than the gorgie suite! 

the guy is a hearts legend and deserves the best turnout possible and yes to make a good few quid along the way. Rudi and Robbo etc too will be doing something at half time or possibly a last few minute cameo. 

9 hours ago, Prince Buaben said:

Think this has been a bit slap dash and seems like they have forgot to organise a testimonial match so thrown it together with a Stoke friendly.

It should have been a more jovial and celebratory affair with a say a hearts select v killie/bradford select or Jim Jefferies XI v Paulo Sergio XI. Where we get to see cup winners and cult heroes. Rolling subs and a celebration of a guy living every one of our dreams

Instead it is the last match for the first team sqaud to get fitness and sharpness before the season starts the following week. So the testimonial part of the whole day is in fact just a 15 minute half time show. 

Very good point. This would have been the perfect opportunity to utilise the foundation plaza with kids activities. Outdoor bar maybe even a band. 

I remember going over to our Essen Friendly in Germany and they had a similar style plaza and the atmosphere was brilliant outside the stadium with bars and burgers and a band etc (that German beer was strong so maybe it was just a guitar can’t remember lol) 

On 08/07/2022 at 07:46, DETTY29 said:

It's not really as Stoke appear to be bringing their first team and we are also using it as a key part of our first team pre-season preparations.

For either Gary at 47 or Rudi at 42 to play any significant time would be a wee bit disrespectful all round.  And maybe neither of them would want to have to do the full warm up, kitted up palaver just to kick off each half and subbed by a first team player seconds later which also would be a bit disrespectful to say Devlin and Grant or whichever 2 players that be subbed on.

Instead of course, Gary's testimonial could have been played on the Sunday with an old boys Hearts XI v. a combined Kilmarnock, Bradford, Lasswade High School oldies select or whoever.

Mad how many people seemed to think Rudi and Locky would be playing. :rofl: 

Imagine an almost 50 year old Gary Locke in midfield chasing about after players from the English Championship.

On 08/07/2022 at 15:35, Tasavallan said:

The last time I saw Stoke, Stanley Matthews was playing and I got Dennis Viollet's signature.  1-2 to Stoke. Willie Wallace scored for Hearts.

People probably think Stanley Matthews will turn out for Stoke on Saturday.

hoof.hearted
On 03/07/2022 at 13:03, Weakened Offender said:

Sergio admitted it in an interview with Ewan Murray that was published in The Guardian. 

Why would 3 players make it up? Think it's easier for one person to big it up now he has no affiliation to the club.

They always say don't believe everything you read. 

davemclaren
21 hours ago, Prince Buaben said:

That and the money 😎

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Not sure if the club are being attacked here but Locke has a testimonial committee so if anyone thinks this is a shit match for a testimonial then you should query it with them on their social media pages. 

He’s totally deserving of it. Works tirelessly for the club and it’s £12 at home and chance for a few beers in the Gorgie suite with mates. Doesn’t get any better

Westfield Hearts
20 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

He’s totally deserving of it. Works tirelessly for the club and it’s £12 at home and chance for a few beers in the Gorgie suite with mates. Doesn’t get any better

Agreed.

Borders Jambo
33 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

This. 

I hope there is a good turnout on Saturday. I read on a Stoke fans forum that they’ve sold 500 tickets and May be looking for more. Pasquale Bruno though! What a guy.