Gary Locke Testimonial match v Stoke - July 23 ( Gorgie Club open )

icyellow69

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elmore

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• John Findlay

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

I thought Haring was pretty composed in possession today. 

He really annoyed me with his stupid foul on a Stoke player in the first half. Never got booked due to it being a pre-season friendly/testimonial but a definite yellow next week. 

fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He really annoyed me with his stupid foul on a Stoke player in the first half. Never got booked due to it being a pre-season friendly/testimonial but a definite yellow next week. 

Yeah definitely a yellow but I suppose it's one of those professional fouls to stop the break.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

Yeah definitely a yellow but I suppose it's one of those professional fouls to stop the break.

Really stupid though to be so offing obvious even in a friendly. Needs to learn some subtlety. :laugh2:

The half time penalties was a bit of a larf. Nice to see some heroes back on the pitch. Big Dave McP is still one of my all time favourite players. Hee Haw

heartsfc_fan
9 minutes ago, Mister T said:

The half time penalties was a bit of a larf. Nice to see some heroes back on the pitch. Big Dave McP is still one of my all time favourite players. Hee Haw

Reckon Roddy Mckenzie would do a job as no.2 😄

Doctor FinnBarr
12 hours ago, Dunks said:

You need to get a ticket from the TO. Easier to order online and stick the digital ticket in your phone wallet - sorted.

How does that work if you're buying more than 1 ticket?

Independence
5 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Hmm, not so sure about that. A proper pre-season game honing the team for the season opener against decent opposition seems to me to be far more respectful than a jokey kick-about between umpteen out of shape ex-pros. Also, as has been mentioned, there have been other events, so this was a chance to dedicate a matcb in his honour and give the supporters the opportunity to give him a wee cheer & clap.

Totally agree. The organising committee deserve great credit for arranging this the club for allowing it and of course the fans for attending in good numbers. 

So were Hearts really good or was Stoke just hubz? 
I though Hearts were really good today but I dont know if they made us look good or what?

queensferryjambo
3 hours ago, Another Robbo said:

Thought Bruno was going to put in an appearance today? Any idea what happened to him?

He has Covid and couldn’t travel. 

Doctor FinnBarr
20 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I though Hearts were really good today but I dont know if they made us look good or what?

I thought we were very good today but lets face it Stoke ain't the best opposition.

4 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I thought we were very good today but lets face it Stoke ain't the best opposition.

👍

2 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

How does that work if you're buying more than 1 ticket?

Let folk in one at a time - person with the phone goes through last :thumbsup:

fabienleclerq
7 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Hearts played well. We were patient in possession and didn't let them get a sniff,tbh I thought they were behind us pre season wise but I think their first game is next week! Long season ahead I think.

Stoke didn't threaten much either.