Gary Locke Testimonial match v Stoke - July 23 ( Gorgie Club open )

icyellow69

I admit to starting a holocaust of a topic the other night, but this one is reeking of fuddery.

I invite anyone who doubts GLs maroon credentials to watch his reaction to Billy Kings' goal in the relegation derby and come back to this thread

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elmore

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Kiwidoug

maroonnicky63
3 minutes ago, Elmore said:

:laugh: I'm thinking of someone else. Though my point still stands. The ex player I was on about is also an arrogant man. 

:laugh::laugh: , pleased there hasn't been many

11 hours ago, John Findlay said:

He had both hands tied behind his back as manager. There are quite a few players particularly Callum Paterson who wouldn't be where they are if it had not been for Gary Locke. A deficit of 15 points before a ball was kicked was a very tough ask. League Cup Final. We should have been out of site by half time. Certain players let the club and supporters down that day. John Sutton being guilty the most. Not Gary Locke. 

I know my son will never forgive Sutton.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Goags the kitman / Hearty Harry is more worthy of a testimonial.

Your better than that Geoff. Come on!  

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Elmore said:

Your better than that Geoff. Come on!  

Why not? Teddy Scott at Aberdeen got a testimonial for his years of service doing various jobs. I also think a benefit cheque would be of much more value to Goagsy than Gary Locke.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Why not? Teddy Scott at Aberdeen got a testimonial for his years of service doing various jobs. I also think a benefit cheque would be of much more value to Goagsy than Gary Locke.

I didn't know who Goagsy was. The Hearty Harry comment was a bit facetious. For all his failings as a manager, Locke deserves more respect than that. 'Is more worthy'?  You can see where I'm coming from. Honestly think there was no need for it. Unless you really can't stand the man.

On 30/06/2018 at 11:04, Shedro said:

Aye who can forget him being injured for well over a year then (for me) spoiling the 98 Cup presentation then after Hearts getting him fully fit he buggers of after Jim Jeffries to Bradford, then comes back after his Kilmarnock contract and does his coaching badges and eventually gets the main job alongside Darren Murray only to then bring that turn coat Billy Brown back and gradually pushes him to the side (luckily he got the Wolves job) and then continues to see us lose a semi final against Cali thistle after strolling the game at Easter Road and also we are done at Hampden from St Midden and then we were relegated when he settled for draws when we were needing wins, he's undoubtedly a 100% died in the wool Hearts man but I wouldn't think a Testimonial is in order as he's STILL living off the club to this day. ?

ISSUES.........!!!?

Geoff Kilpatrick
20 minutes ago, Elmore said:

I didn't know who Goagsy was. The Hearty Harry comment was a bit facetious. For all his failings as a manager, Locke deserves more respect than that. 'Is more worthy'?  You can see where I'm coming from. Honestly think there was no need for it. Unless you really can't stand the man.

In truth, I don't think there should be a testimonial for either but on a relative scale I'm pointing out the service to the club given by a guy at the club compared to Gary Locke's service. It isn't a case of any personal feelings at all towards Gary.

12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

In truth, I don't think there should be a testimonial for either but on a relative scale I'm pointing out the service to the club given by a guy at the club compared to Gary Locke's service. It isn't a case of any personal feelings at all towards Gary.

OK. Just thought the hearty harry comment was a bit much. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Elmore said:

OK. Just thought the hearty harry comment was a bit much. 

How? He was the man in the suit!

rudi must stay

Is he not a bit old for a testimonial? Seems like he hasn't played in years

Edited by rudi must stay

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How? He was the man in the suit!

He's more worthy of a testimonial than Locke?  So you would rather give ally mccoist a testimonial? :ninja:

Edited by Elmore

5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Is he not a bit old for a testimonial? Seems like he hasn't played in years

I think the op was at it. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, Elmore said:

He's more worthy of a testimonial than Locke?  So you would rather give ally mccoist a testimonial? :ninja:

Hearty Harry was only one of his jobs at the time. He has been around the club for years but the only reason people are aware of him is through wearing that suit or being the kitman.

Governor Tarkin
18 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Over 20 years since we won the cup in ‘98 and this is the first I’ve heard anyone say that the cup presentation was embarrassing. That was the first time I’d seen Hearts win a trophy and if Gary had done handstands naked I might just have joined in!!

quite amazing to have a feelng of embarrassment. ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Shredo's not embarrassed, Dave, he's sitting back and enjoying the bites.

?

Edited by Governor Tarkin

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Shredo's not embarrassed, Dave, he's sitting back and enjoying the bites.

?

Perhaps. 

7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Hearty Harry was only one of his jobs at the time. He has been around the club for years but the only reason people are aware of him is through wearing that suit or being the kitman.

I thought you meant both of them were more worthy. I didn't realise it was the same person. Still don't agree...

Escobar PHM

I think testimonials should only be given to players who spent their career giving an outstanding level of service throughout their career. A legend for want of a better word. Gary Locke misses out on that categorisation for me.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Elmore said:

I thought you meant both of them were more worthy. I didn't realise it was the same person. Still don't agree...

That's fine but you can now at least appreciate where I was coming from. Not trolling, not having a go at Locke!

6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That's fine but you can now at least appreciate where I was coming from. Not trolling, not having a go at Locke!

After the McCoist 'incident', Hearty Harry is dead to me. Tarnished for ever! Have we burnt that costume yet?

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Elmore said:

After the McCoist 'incident', Hearty Harry is dead to me. Tarnished for ever! Have we burnt that costume yet?

Sigh.

• 3 years later...
Jambo 4 Ever
On 01/07/2018 at 21:53, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Goags the kitman / Hearty Harry is more worthy of a testimonial.

Harsh 

On 02/07/2018 at 00:16, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Or sitting in a deckchair on Gullane beach advertising Europe.

1 hour ago, JCR said:

Only main stand open as yet. 

Main stand in July is going to likely mean blazing sun in folk’s faces 😎

I think there’ll be a healthy crowd at this, expect other stands to open once tickets start to sell.

Wonder of Lockie will get a wee 5 minute cameo?

queensferryjambo

Looking forward to this one. 

Hopefully a few guest appearances from some ex player legends and of course Locke himself.

Why is he getting a testimonial (apart from length with the club)?

Is it a contractual obligation? Is it an incentive for all staff, thinking about Tom the Turnstile man!

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Looking forward to this one. 

Hopefully a few guest appearances from some ex player legends and of course Locke himself.

Pretty sure Rudi was mentioned for this game a while back 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Is it a contractual obligation? Is it an incentive for all staff, thinking about Tom the Turnstile man!

Good grief. Trot off back to fester.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Simply deserves it. One constant throughout .

Brian Badonde
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Pretty sure Rudi was mentioned for this game a while back 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/rudi-skacel-could-return-to-tynecastle-to-play-for-hearts-one-more-time-3454973

I posted this on the other thread. Article sounds more like speculation than aything else. I'm sure more details will come out nearer the time. It would make sense if he was free to put in a 15 minute cameo.

JamboAndrew

A man who put his heart and soul into the club. Had the privilege to pull on the shirt. And has carried on being a true ambassador. The man bleeds maroon. Hope he gets a good turn out.

Was he the best player to play for us? No. But did he put everything in on and off the pitch? From what I've seen, yes. Good on him.i hope he gets some of his ex-colleages on the pitch as he has played with some hearts greats. 

William H. Bonney

Stoke? **** me, friendlies are shite enough but at least choice some decent opposition for the man. 

Can't really grumble about this for Lockie given his service to the club in various roles. One for the stattos thou, when did we last hold a testimonial for someone who played his first and last game of his career for us without playing elsewhere? I'm guessing we would have to go way back for that! 

Edited by jambo1975
Error

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

If you get an e-ticket when do they send it to you as I’ve bought one but not received it yet 

You download it to your phone, for an Android it's Google Pay. 

Edit: that was the digital ticket option.

Edited by graygo

7 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Money spinner. 

:look:

McGlynn The Money

Hopefully Garry gets a great turnout, he deserves it. He's lived the dream that all of us have and loves the club as much as any of us do. 

Edited by McGlynn The Money

21 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

Reading a few on here. Kickback for arseholes right enough

Agreed the crap you read on here sometimes is gobsmacking .

17 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Wins the ‘Shittiest Post’ award hands down! 😏

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, Tams bird said:

Reading a few on here. Kickback for arseholes right enough

51 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Agreed the crap you read on here sometimes is gobsmacking .

12 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Wins the ‘Shittiest Post’ award hands down! 😏

:spoton:

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Got 2 tickets in Premium, nice comfy seats and a wee bit more elbow room 

Ditto

:jj:

• davemclaren changed the title to Gary Locke Testimonial match v Stoke - July 23 ( Gorgie Club open )