So who's next then

wanderer

gorgieheart

Cant see Walker coming back to us, if anything Stevie G may give him his "dream"  move !

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• Cruyff Turn

• Alex Kintner

• Juanjo15

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, jambocub said:

he managed to score 12 goals in league and 16 in total and win player of the year did he not?

He done all that while also playing pretty average in the last 4 months of that season

You said he wouldn't get ahead of Moore that's just crazy to believe that,

Most of those goals were while we were in the top 3

Cant recall many goals he scored after that

As I said though, if he returned he would get my full support

Moore is a raw talent. He's young and hungry, rusty in parts I admit, but talented.  He's shown more heart than walker has done in the last two years, and would currently be ahead of walker.

I was always taught in football that Talent alone shouldn't guarantee you a starting place. That's why I am so excites by some of the younger players. Levein has got such a good set up that pride is.never something that will get to the young guys head. After the 4-0 celtic game cochrane was sitting the next working day, scrubbing players boots.

Walker had plenty chances to prove himself and be the highest paid player at heart's, but refused.  

39 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Moore is a raw talent. He's young and hungry, rusty in parts I admit, but talented.  He's shown more heart than walker has done in the last two years, and would currently be ahead of walker.

I was always taught in football that Talent alone shouldn't guarantee you a starting place. That's why I am so excites by some of the younger players. Levein has got such a good set up that pride is.never something that will get to the young guys head. After the 4-0 celtic game cochrane was sitting the next working day, scrubbing players boots.

Walker had plenty chances to prove himself and be the highest paid player at heart's, but refused.  

You mentioned how good a set up levein has .yet he chose to play walker if his attitude and application were anywhere near as bad as youake out surely he wouldn't have been a starter most weeks

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Correct answer, yes his time at the end was frustrating to see, but the lad has qualities

Its difficult being a marked man and he was for many years. All down to his attitude, if he came back with a much improved one then I'd sign him in an instant.

52 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Walker chat aside, I really can't see Moore making it here. Hope we plan to loan him out.

Tennant's  6's
28 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Walker will do a Webster and go to Rangers via Wigan

would be good if he did, would make it easier to claw back points on that lot of that's the kind of standard of player yesterday they get.

the talk of a loan move for Solanke is surely just pie in the sky, he is a cut above the usual Academy level player sent up  here 

Tennant's  6's
44 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Walker chat aside, I really can't see Moore making it here. Hope we plan to loan him out.

yeah Moore & Henderson really struggled.  

can see L.Smith.  Godinho.  Brandon. playing every wk no problem.  

Cochrane.  McDonald maybe brought in/out of the first team, still a few yrs younger & it shows, physically at least. 

Famous 1874

Ryan Edwards expected to sign within the next 48 hours. League proven and still only 24 while also being an upgrade on Cowie and Callachan- reasonably smart business 

1 minute ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Ryan Edwards expected to sign within the next 48 hours. League proven and still only 24 while also being an upgrade on Cowie and Callachan- reasonably smart business 

would be happy with that, would probably only leave us looking for a centre half, sub goalie and signing up our loanees once the window is actually open

the_jailer
1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Like the ryan edwards signing.

He’s never stood for me out when we’ve played Partick. Hopefully he turns out to be a decent player for us

Alex Kintner
14 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Delighted with this!

:robbo:

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, jambocub said:

You mentioned how good a set up levein has .yet he chose to play walker if his attitude and application were anywhere near as bad as youake out surely he wouldn't have been a starter most weeks

Walker was gone by Christmas

Levein got rid of him, he didn't.want him.

TyphoonJambo
8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Partick Thistle

Ah well, can’t say I have ever watched him and thought “could do a job”. However, if he becomes a Jambo I’ll back him.

johnthomas
19 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

He’s never stood for me out when we’ve played Partick. Hopefully he turns out to be a decent player for us

He was outstanding at Tynecastle season before last .

If we can get him to replicate that consistently he'll be an excellent signing

13 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Walker was gone by Christmas

Levein got rid of him, he didn't.want him.

Levein played him more often than not anyway time to move on

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
32 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Been to some partick games in the last few seasons and he’s looked good, great energy and can pick a pass. As others have said its an upgrade on cowie, callachan and buaben from this season.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 hours ago, Cheile said:

With all the new signings I assume CL knows who is leaving. Surely sSammon and Martin at least.

Players have left and remember also the likes of Stockton concalvez walker etc left and weren't really replaced 

KyleLafferty

Andy Driver on the sky sports app, touring himself again for a return! What’s your thoughts? 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Andy Driver on the sky sports app, touring himself again for a return! What’s your thoughts? 

He'll end up at Dundee UTD for a season.

52 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

d9_lrb_by_121199-d8tt27p.gif

ford donald
14 hours ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Cowie and Callachan,should not be in the starting 11.Callachan should be loaned out somewhere.

Famous 1874
51 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Cowie and Callachan,should not be in the starting 11.Callachan should be loaned out somewhere.

Yeah both not good enough 

53 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Cowie will stay as a squad player,

Callachan will leave and play at his level in the Championship

18 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

Walker will do a Webster and go to Rangers via Wigan

Said that the second he signed for Wigan.

Hopefully he has the same degree of success at Rangers as Webstwr did

Clerry Jambo
3 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Funnily enough just heard this morning we have an interest..........

Armageddon

No news on the Dylan McGeough?  His house isn't up for sale and a move to Blackburn was meant to be confirmed.  Interesting.

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Goalkeeper 

Left back

Centerback

Winger 

Striker

I would add an attacking/creative center mid to that.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Just have the one goalkeeper then?

Or promote a child to the bench instead as number 2?

Levein said Mason's ready. Strong squad now, unless we have some departures. That changes things

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

I would add an attacking/creative center mid to that.

Yeah, need extra quality there too. 

Any news? 

sairyinthat
23 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Absolutely. He was a great player for us going forward, badly needed in this team. Would take him 100%

Nonsense.

reckon it'll just be a centre back and a second keeper in addition to our four loanees coming back, if any of them don't return we'll need to replace with similar quality, without those players we're looking at:

________________Zlamal

flip a coin__Souttar__Berra__Garuccio

___________Lee__Djoum__Edwards

_____Mulraney__Lafferty__Burns

Bench

Mason

M.Smith, L.Smith, Godhino or Brandon

Cochrane

Cowie

Amankwaa

Ikpeazu

MacLean

depth is there but first XI quality is needed and will be provided by the four loanees or similar

Agentjambo
20 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Yeah, need extra quality there too. 

Any news? 

Nothing more apart from a follow on from a poster on here about a guy that was getting shown around tynie a couple of weeks ago...the only thing more I have to add is that he was French. 

Young Jason Kerr. 21 yo centre half playing in Toulon tournament for Scotland would be a great signing.

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Young Jason Kerr. 21 yo centre half playing in Toulon tournament for Scotland would be a great signing.

One poster was saying we are after him. 

Cruyff Turn
12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Nothing more apart from a follow on from a poster on here about a guy that was getting shown around tynie a couple of weeks ago...the only thing more I have to add is that he was French. 

Cheers :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Yeah, could be a quality signing. If there is one thing I'd certainly trust levein on, it's spotting a good CB.

Cruyff Turn
13 minutes ago, Barack said:

Contracted to May 2020.

I think we've  got money to spend. We've already spent 80k on a teenager from N.Ireland, so if there is players we want, I'm sure we'll pay fees within reason.

Agentjambo
15 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I think we've  got money to spend. We've already spent 80k on a teenager from N.Ireland, so if there is players we want, I'm sure we'll pay fees within reason.

I've sent you PM mate.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Strong squad. Not first team.

That's how i am seeing it still.

Pleased with Lee and Edwards and hopefully the keeper will be decent.

The rest? Not so sure.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

reckon it'll just be a centre back and a second keeper in addition to our four loanees coming back, if any of them don't return we'll need to replace with similar quality, without those players we're looking at:

________________Zlamal

flip a coin__Souttar__Berra__Garuccio

___________Lee__Djoum__Edwards

_____Mulraney__Lafferty__Burns

Bench

Mason

M.Smith, L.Smith, Godhino or Brandon

Cochrane

Cowie

Amankwaa

Ikpeazu

MacLean

depth is there but first XI quality is needed and will be provided by the four loanees or similar

Think we will 100% play two up front next season. It’s Craig’s preferred formation and now he has the players to be able to do it he will.

The midfield four won’t be a classic four with two wingers, it’ll be a winger on one side and more of a player in the Boyack/Stamp mould on the other side imo