So who's next then

wanderer

drumie jambo

What are the chances that any new signings maybe announced on Thursday along with the new home strip reveal.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• Cruyff Turn

• Alex Kintner

• Juanjo15

24 minutes ago, drumie jambo said:

What are the chances that any new signings maybe announced on Thursday along with the new home strip reveal.

Slim to none.

On 09/06/2018 at 18:34, Mikey1874 said:

This guy

Should never have been let go

IMG_20180609_183338.jpg

Tbh I think it was absolutely right that he was moved on. He was atrocious in the air for a central defender. 

We have improved immeasurably in that area since he left 

rudi must stay
50 minutes ago, Homme said:

Woodburn would be a an excellent signing. 

He had a good Toulon tournament too.

Good young keeper, he'd be an exciting signing

Woodman on loan would be a class signing.  Probably not as good as Jon at this stage but Future England #1.  Aberdeen might have something to say about it though. 

Edited by Juanjo15

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Good young keeper, he'd be an exciting signing

I’m not sure exciting would come into it if it’s a loan deal for a year. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Well he won't be going to Rangers, as Forest want their money back.

He will be back up at Hibs this season. 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Well, as I say. Forest are wanting their money back & then some, on the players that haven't "worked out."

They've lost £33 million in the last two seasons, and another £4 million lands them with another transfer embargo due to FFP rules. If they don't sell him for a minimum of £750,000, Marinakis obviously has bigger fish to flog.

If he goes on loan anywhere, they'll not be paying his upwards of 10k a week wages either. They need every penny for signings brought in.

Last time Hibs paid full loan wages...? Wouldn't like to think.

But...football's a funny old game...

They punted him to the huns to put him in the window and he was shite.  They will do the same to the club that sold him them.  They aren’t going to have the boy in their reserves when again they can shop window him, he does well 6 months they punt him in January, probably to the huns. No chance any club is going to pay over £500k for him!  I’ve no idea when any club in Scotland paid full loan wages? I don’t think that’s the purpose of a loan unless you are the huns promising to pay the fee wanted after it.  I would hope we would be in there also if he’s available though.  Cummings with a point to prove seems to be a motivation and he still clearly supports us. 

Edited by Juanjo15

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Well, as I say. Forest are wanting their money back & then some, on the players that haven't "worked out."

They've lost £33 million in the last two seasons, and another £4 million lands them with another transfer embargo due to FFP rules. If they don't sell him for a minimum of £750,000, Marinakis obviously has bigger fish to flog.

If he goes on loan anywhere, they'll not be paying towards his upwards of 10k a week wages either. They need every penny for signings brought in.

Last time Hibs paid full loan wages...? Wouldn't like to think.

But...football's a funny old game...

If they sell McGinn, maybe sign him back as a way to placate their fans. Meh

Hampden Demolition

Supposedly Bolton are looking at taking Demi Mitchell on loan. Not sure how true this is as I’ve picked it up from Twitter.

43 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Tbh I think it was absolutely right that he was moved on. He was atrocious in the air for a central defender. 

Would have been intrigued to see him beside Berra if he was still here.

He may have been iffy in the air but generally was decent enough as a defender.

But, I think his poise and quality in possession let us build attacks better from the back.  He had this manner which made strikers uncertain whether to close him down or not. It bought us time.

One ball player at CH and one rugged defender at CH. Would’ve been good to see how it panned out. 

41 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

But, I think his poise and quality in possession let us build attacks better from the back.  He had this manner which made strikers uncertain whether to close him down or not. It bought us time.

One ball player at CH and one rugged defender at CH. Would’ve been good to see how it panned out. 

Fraction of the player of Souttar who has excelled beside Berra imo 

He was awful in the air. Absolutely woeful. A central defender in Scottish football who can't defend in the air is not going to last long. He never 

Member the NF Manager of the time told everyone that they got Cumdog for way less than what the press were saying 

They would toil to get a decent fee for Cummings at all  

He's bang average

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Supposedly Bolton are looking at taking Demi Mitchell on loan. Not sure how true this is as I’ve picked it up from Twitter.

Would never pick them over us surely 

2 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

Member the NF Manager of the time told everyone that they got Cumdog for way less than what the press were saying 

They would toil to get a decent fee for Cummings at all  

He's bang average

Back in Scotland after NF release him - Nap.

Just a question of whether he is back up here before Walker or vice versa 

1 minute ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Would never pick them over us surely 

If you look at it from career development, he would be better going to English Championship 

hmfc_liam06

Norwich have sold the lad Murphy for £11m to Cardiff.

Might give them some pennies to pay Naismith off now.

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

I think we've got a better version of Ozturk in Souttar but he'll always be remembered fondly for THAT goal

The Old Tolbooth
28 minutes ago, Spencer said:

If you look at it from career development, he would be better going to English Championship 

Plus Bolton is practically on his doorstep. 

2 hours ago, Spencer said:

I think atrocious is harsh , however when he left we went backwards but hed be a step back from where we are now in terms of Souttar and Berra. Not the worst ball playing defender though and moves forward with the ball well. Not to mention his pingers have brought a lot of Jambos joy ?

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

I think atrocious is harsh , however when he left we went backwards but hed be a step back from where we are now in terms of Souttar and Berra. Not the worst ball playing defender though and moves forward with the ball well. Not to mention his pingers have brought a lot of Jambos joy ?

Certainly comfortable enough on the ball. He was terrible in the air though. Remember Goodwillie scored with last minute header at Tynecastle the year we came up to get a 1-1 draw. Could see it unfold before your eyes as he done Ozturk at back stick in the air 

36 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Norwich have sold the lad Murphy for £11m to Cardiff.

Might give them some pennies to pay Naismith off now.

That and the twenty million they are expecting yo get for Madison might make them a lot easier to deal with. Here's hoping. 

On 6/12/2018 at 14:23, Elmore said:

That and the twenty million they are expecting yo get for Madison might make them a lot easier to deal with. Here's hoping. 

Looks like they're goin'tae get it too...

https://talksport.com/football/385329/norwich-city-youngster-james-maddison-brink-of-completing-move-southampton-reports/

Edited by Pie-Heid
sp

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

I'm expecting DM confirmed by mid-week...

:sweeet:

"DM" Yeah, thanks for that. Which DM?!?!?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Demetri Mitchell?

There's 2 DM's, happy with either of them mind.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Defensive Midfielder?

Derek Morris?

Demetri Mitchell?

David Milinkovic?

Thought it was a players initials rather than position. We are in the market for a DM as well as the two DM's so who knows.

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Defensive Midfielder?

Derek Morris?

Gonna say defensive midfielder. Levein's after one, his top target at the moment

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Exactly. Though, am surprised you never asked who's Derek Morris.

I have no idea. :lol:

I did for a second think to google him.  Then thought "nah" you're at the wind up. :lol:

36 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

I'm expecting DM confirmed by mid-week...

:sweeet:

Genuinely why not just say which DM you expect... Personally I'm hoping it's milinkovic ( as he could be a long term player for us...

And last point have you had a bit inside knowledge (not that I'd ask you from whom)

Or is this just a guess.  

I'm not having a dig as I like a good rumour and that's what this site's for....

I'm just interested how confident you are and which player or position

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Gonna say defensive midfielder. Levein's after one, his top target at the moment

How would you know his top target is a DM ?granted he's said he'd like one but he's also said he wants other players for other positions

Cruyff Turn

I'd love us to bring in a top notch, experienced defensive midfielder. We've got a decent squad but it's lacking in some aspects, organization in midfield needs sorted, someone who can point but can play football too.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, jayjay said:

I think we may see a deal done for Milinkovic this week. 

:pleasingao::scenes: